HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Training Camp 2013!

Old
01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
They'd take this roster so they could makes moves and do something with it. Our team is like a Ferrari that is just missing the tires. It is completely useless without the tires even though it could be so amazing with that small addition.
Or that we have the tires, just two of them are flat, the other two are bald and the engine is not running as well as it could. This team has loads of talent, are proven winners but until the necessary changes are made were gonna be stuck in neutral for awhile.

Ask yourself as a Hawk fan outside of the season coming back is there any other reason to get excited. There's no new blood on this team in any capacity.

Goaltending:same
No second line centre
No rookies looking to break out
No real quality added new players trade or FA
Coaching same old BS ways

Im excited hockey's back but I feel like well all be watching re runs from games from the last two years.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

the guy *****ing in the background is priceless
MY EYES!!!!!!

You had to do it didnt you

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:27 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I see nothing wrong with giving Pirri a look at #2C to start the season assuming he plays up to par in camp. Better him there than moving Bolland up and destroying the bottom-6 in the process.

Pirri is young, and he's very effective on the offensive end already - at least, in the AHL. Hasn't had a long enough look with the Hawks yet to judge how he is up here.
He earned a shot last season and was shafted. A player who was much worse all throughout camp and preseason (Kruger) got the spot on the team over him, and the Hawks didn't have a second line center all year long. Again.

No reason not to give him his fair shot. Certainly has the offensive capability to handle the job, I'd say. And who better for a defensively questionable center to have on his wing than Marian Hossa?
Agreed. I think Bolland would be more effective staying as the 3C, and I'd like to see Pirri have a shot if he plays well in camp. Like you said his offense is already great, especially his shot, and his defense has been improving. Plus having Hossa and Sharp as his wings would help out

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Yeah, that's true. Pirri deserves a shot and:

Pirri
Bolland

is better / more upside than

Bolland
Kruger (or someone else in the organization presently)

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, that's true. Pirri deserves a shot and:

Pirri
Bolland

is better / more upside than

Bolland
Kruger (or someone else in the organization presently)
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

Here's Pirri's talent analysis:

"Pirri's puckhandling and playmaking skills are by far his strongest attributes. His decision-making and feel for the offensive game continues to improve at the professional level and has helped him develop into an offensive leader at the AHL level. He is adept at finding the soft spots in the offensive zone and possesses a hard shot. Though his defensive game is a work in progress, Pirri is not quite a liability and has added enough strength to compete against larger forwards. A potential top six center, his main hurdle will be adjusting to the speed and tightened space at the NHL level."

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Or that we have the tires, just two of them are flat, the other two are bald and the engine is not running as well as it could. This team has loads of talent, are proven winners but until the necessary changes are made were gonna be stuck in neutral for awhile.

Ask yourself as a Hawk fan outside of the season coming back is there any other reason to get excited. There's no new blood on this team in any capacity.

Goaltending:same
No second line centre
No rookies looking to break out
No real quality added new players trade or FA
Coaching same old BS ways

Im excited hockey's back but I feel like well all be watching re runs from games from the last two years.
Why no rookies looking to break out? Clending is having a great year in Rockford. Saad is certainly a guy that could come in and have a breakout year. Shaw had a great rookie campaign in limited time and is definitely a guy that would be a big boost tot his team if he can repeat or improve on . Leddy and Kruger saw a lot of NHL time last year, could certainly improve. Kane was playing with a bum wrist for a lot of last season. We also missed Toews for 25% of the season last year.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

the guy *****ing in the background is priceless
I was at that game, with my fiance, who is a huge Crawford fan. She had his jersey on that night, and we were sitting in a Nashville season ticket holder section.

****ing brutal.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Cullksinikers

I was at the game in Nashville the year after the Cup when we were up, 2-0, and he gave up two goals with around ten minutes to go to let the game go into overtime. A special goalie he is.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:50 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I was at the game in Nashville the year after the Cup when we were up, 2-0, and he gave up two goals with around ten minutes to go to let the game go into overtime. A special goalie he is.
I was at that game too... absolutely awful, especially awful given that was one of the few times we actually shelled out good money for tix, and were just a few rows up from the glass.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

just look, this even happened to Brodeur.

the problem is, that Crawford had more than one goal like this against

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
#Blackhawks have recalled forward Jimmy Hayes from the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I was at that game too... absolutely awful, especially awful given that was one of the few times we actually shelled out good money for tix, and were just a few rows up from the glass.
Oh, so did we. Went on the fan trip through AAA.

Let's just say sitting down with Bobby Hull and hearing epic post-game stories for about two hours was my best memory. I guess getting to put on his 2010 Cup ring was cool, too.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:21 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
There is no way after what happened to Hossa last year that Carcillo isnt starting the year as his line mate. The guy could have been killed on that hit last year and good for Carbomb for getting top line minutes.

The bottom six is horrible, laughably horrible, with Bolland on the second line. Kruger anywhere but on the fourth line is a joke. Shaw as a center isnt that bad an option, and with Frolik that isnt as bad as many think it is, both are fast. Stalberg isnt effective unless he is top six. I would much rasther put Sharp on the third line with Shaw then wasting Stalbergs speed.

If Leddy, the better skating Cam Barker, is in the top four, I will be more then happy waiting for the draft lottery. I would take Stanton and his toughness over Leddy, but thats just my opinion.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Carcillo start the year with a suspension?

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Carcillo start the year with a suspension?
7 game suspension.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I see nothing wrong with giving Pirri a look at #2C to start the season assuming he plays up to par in camp. Better him there than moving Bolland up and destroying the bottom-6 in the process.

Pirri is young, and he's very effective on the offensive end already - at least, in the AHL. Hasn't had a long enough look with the Hawks yet to judge how he is up here.
He earned a shot last season and was shafted. A player who was much worse all throughout camp and preseason (Kruger) got the spot on the team over him, and the Hawks didn't have a second line center all year long. Again.

No reason not to give him his fair shot. Certainly has the offensive capability to handle the job, I'd say. And who better for a defensively questionable center to have on his wing than Marian Hossa?
Completely agree. He's paid his dues in the AHL, unlike Kruger (until this season). Just put him with Hossa and/or Sharp to mentor and cover for him defensively. If he does poorly, then at least we know. If he does reasonably well, then we have an answer for the 2C spot.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
7 game suspension.

Didn't he serve that? I remember him not being shut down for the season until a few weeks after the injury

Old
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Didn't he serve that? I remember him not being shut down for the season until a few weeks after the injury
Looks like it wasn't too long after the play that he had the surgery... Surgery would have been on the 17th. No idea how many games they may have taken off, if any. Article only mentions surgery date, but not if any games were served or not.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...aniel-carcillo

Old
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Cullksinikers

Man, I used to be on top of all this stuff.

Good catch for all who remembered about this. I think they may have waited for the suspension to be over with to get him the surgery.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Tokked13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Man, I used to be on top of all this stuff.

Good catch for all who remembered about this. I think they may have waited for the suspension to be over with to get him the surgery.
Yeah. He already served 7 games.

Tokked13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokked13 View Post
Yeah. He already served 7 games.
Well good... didn't remember that they let him count those as served, even though he blew his knee out on the play.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Why no rookies looking to break out? Clending is having a great year in Rockford. Saad is certainly a guy that could come in and have a breakout year. Shaw had a great rookie campaign in limited time and is definitely a guy that would be a big boost tot his team if he can repeat or improve on . Leddy and Kruger saw a lot of NHL time last year, could certainly improve. Kane was playing with a bum wrist for a lot of last season. We also missed Toews for 25% of the season last year.
I doubt Clendening sees the big club this year, barring significant injuries to our D. Saad has potential but I could see him in Rockford all year as well. Kruger is laughable, Leddy needs to show me he can not get constantly out muscled, and Shaw is one guy that I look forward to watching just cause he's got some old school jam in his game. Hayes as well could do something and well I'd love to see Beach in there but who knows.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:51 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Is Stalberg looking at 2nd or 3rd line minutes this year?

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
With Joel Quenneville as coach, Stalberg will see 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line minutes this season. Normally I'd have a "depending on..." to add to that, but there really isn't one. It's random with Q.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:07 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
for the first period, he'll get 2nd line minutes, the 2nd period he'll get third line minutes, and depending on his play, in the 3rd period he'll either get first or fourth line minutes.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
He'll play all over but will likely play mostly in the top 6 and end up with second line minutes at the end of the season, no PP though.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote