HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jets have inquired Leafs about James Van Reimsdyk

Old
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
I thought this came from TSN? Not a fan of Lawless either but this could just have easily been leaked by Toronto.
True, but it was on 1290, and I assume 1050 as well. I was addressing his assertion about leaks in the Jets upper management.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:25 PM
glucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
That's actually a pretty good return for the Jets.
how?

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:26 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
The logic would be that "off-ice" issues would force them to trade Kane, so they would have to intrinsically accept a lower value for him.
Bah. Off ice issues be damned. Patrick Kane is doing keggers at frat parties while nailing fat chicks in the off season, and we don't see Chicago scrambling to trade him.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
I thought this came from TSN? Was it Lawless? Not a fan of Lawless either but this could just have easily been leaked initially by Toronto, perhaps even by Burke.

Original post states it came from Winnipeg source... But I was just joking around... All teams have leaks here and there, especially Toronto (true or not).

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
This thread leads me to two conclussions:

1) There are a lot of leaks when it comes to the upper managment in Winnipeg.

2) It is very easy to find Leaf haters by setting up unrealistic rumor scenarios.
You mean the upper management that didn't disclose all of their inner workings in getting the team back for years?

The one that didn't leak an info on team name, or colors, or anything like that right up until the last moment?

That upper management is now leaking information?

Easier to believe that media people (the people who profit from rumors and discussion) are making things up on their own.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Unless the Jets front office has soured on Kane to the point they want to get rid of him they could trade him to Toronto for JVR +. Outside of that, I don't see a deal around these two teams that makes sense.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
You mean the upper management that didn't disclose all of their inner workings in getting the team back for years?

The one that didn't leak an info on team name, or colors, or anything like that right up until the last moment?

That upper management is now leaking information?

Easier to believe that media people (the people who profit from rumors and discussion) are making things up on their own.
Slow down Hulk.

If you read any of the posts after that you would see I was just kidding. The original poster just said that there was 2 informants from the Jets that said they were inquiring. This is nothing big and happens all the time, I don't even get why this is news. This is just the media trying to get us all excited.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:40 PM
CellarDweller0

Unless the offer is a no brainer I doubt JVR is moved before they see how he gels with the team and see his performance.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:46 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

It doesn't make sense. The Jets are already deep on LW with Ladd and Kane locked up long term.

Not to mention JVR has yet to play a single game for Toronto.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Slow down Hulk.

If you read any of the posts after that you would see I was just kidding. The original poster just said that there was 2 informants from the Jets that said they were inquiring. This is nothing big and happens all the time, I don't even get why this is news. This is just the media trying to get us all excited.
Just asking the question buddy, don't get excited.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Just asking the question buddy, don't get excited.
Keep Calm, buddy... (lol)

"informants", "spies" and otherwise will be in the game as long as the media exists... This is why I work 40 hours a week for an average salary while Eklund laughs and points at us when he comes up with scenarios all while swimming in a pool (probably kiddie pool) of money.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I don't at all see a deal to be made here.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
I'm confused by the picture, both were with the Leafs for multiple seasons and neither were traded to Winnipeg.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Keep Calm, buddy... (lol)

"informants", "spies" and otherwise will be in the game as long as the media exists... This is why I work 40 hours a week for an average salary while Eklund laughs and points at us when he comes up with scenarios all while swimming in a pool (probably kiddie pool) of money.
Never said that wasn't true. There will always be people trying to get their hands on information from sports teams.

The point I was making by asking the questions I did was, in what way does this reflect at all on the upper management of the Jets?

This type of stuff happens all the time by the media (which I think you are also saying) because it's in their best interest to do so.

I don't see how it reflects anything specific on the Jets management compared to every other sports team basically.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

as someone who is both a Leafs /Jets fan there are 3 players on the jets we'd want big daddy buff, Ladd and Kane none of these are going anywhere and if they were JVR himself isn't getting it done.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
12345*

Quote:
I'm confused by the picture, both were with the Leafs for multiple seasons and neither were traded to Winnipeg.
Antropov is with Winnie, no? Maybe they want JVR for Antropov+. Which is a helll no.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Never said that wasn't true. There will always be people trying to get their hands on information from sports teams.

The point I was making by asking the questions I did was, in what way does this reflect at all on the upper management of the Jets?

This type of stuff happens all the time by the media (which I think you are also saying) because it's in their best interest to do so.

I don't see how it reflects anything specific on the Jets management compared to every other sports team basically.
The original poster said two different sources from Winnipeg managment said this... I don't think there was any leak....at all

The only reason I am good to keep going with this is to add more numbers to my posts lol.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
hurricanedave

Doesn't really come across as a piece the jets really need unless he can play RW. I doubt the Jets are down on Kane, most of this media attention is just nonsense.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Kane or bust

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain

Quote:
That's what the Leafs would want for JVR.

Their old whipping boys coming home.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:26 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Schiefele , no. Burmistov , no. Kane , hell yea!

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

JVR for Pavelec

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:38 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Leaf fans love jvr when hes never been great and hasnt even played a game yet. rofl
Well I am interested in JVR's potential and the Jets have Wheeler who is similar, I just can't see JVR going anywhere unless WPG is willing to offer Kane for JVR+2014 1st. Unless Carlyle really doesn't like Lupul and wants some sort of Wheeler+ for Lupul type swap. They both had stronger than avg years

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:42 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Maybe Leafs management isn't keen on JVR and it was just Burke who wanted him?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Huffer

Quote:
The original poster said two different sources from Winnipeg managment said this... I don't think there was any leak....at all

The only reason I am good to keep going with this is to add more numbers to my posts lol.
OP never said Jets management. Said two sources.

I'm not looking to add post numbers, or have an argument, just trying to point out that nowhere did anyone state that it came from Jets management.

OP:
"I was listening to TSN radio this morning, and I heard one of the insiders state that trade market is pretty quiet right now because GMs are exploring multiple situations.

And after a couple of minutes, I heard them saying they have heard from 2 sources that Jets are very interested in JVR of the Leafs and they have inquired about him quite a few times the last couple of days.

If true, I wonder what Jets could have offered for him, Scheifele? Burmistrov?"