Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Old
01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Soble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
I still don't get why next year I will have to pay $2.50 per ticket to print them myself at home? I sure hope they rethink this idea as it is not a very customer friendly thing to do IMHO....they only say it will be free to do this year but they know many ST holders are part of a group so the cards are not an option for most/many.....
Printing them yourself, as I understand, will be free at all times. Emailing them to someone else *through the Jets ticketing system* will cost $2.50. This is the same as virtually every sports team in North America. Ticket forwarding is here to stay, for convenience/ease of getting the tickets to someone else, not worrying about forgetting the physical tickets or bringing the wrong ones, or having them get lost or stolen, and making it harder to sell through unauthorized means (ie the street corner) in the secondary market.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
buggs

vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by pong0814 View Post
It's actually in the FAQ section at the back of the Season Ticket Card user guide. Cost is $100 per seat if you want your season tickets in ticket stock.
Thank you for having better reading skills than me. Hard to comprehend when one is looking like this

So $200 for printing it off. Maybe the PA was right about these guys only being about the money

An hour later still can't get into my account.

buggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Gm0ney

Quote:
It's actually in the FAQ section at the back of the Season Ticket Card user guide. Cost is $100 per seat if you want your season tickets in ticket stock.
Here's the FAQ q&a:

"Can I make a one-time request to have my 2012-13 Season Tickets on generic ticket stock?

Yes, you can choose to have your entire season of tickets printed by the Winnipeg Jets office on generic ticket stock for a fee of $100 per seat. Once your tickets have been printed, your Winnipeg Jets Card will no longer be valid for entry. Please contact your Ticket Sales and Service Representative to arrange this option."

So it sounds like this won't be an option next year, although for $100 per seat, you'd think it would be a good opportunity to turn a profit on people who want to collect tickets for memorabilia - only if they cook up some unique designs every season though (not for generic ticket stock).

In fact, if they are going to charge next year for reprinting/forwarding, a lot of people might take them up on the printed ticket offer. $200 for a set of nicely designed tickets, or $175 to email everyone a non-collectable printout on plain paper? Cha-ching!

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:07 PM
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Here's the FAQ q&a:

"Can I make a one-time request to have my 2012-13 Season Tickets on generic ticket stock?

Yes, you can choose to have your entire season of tickets printed by the Winnipeg Jets office on generic ticket stock for a fee of $100 per seat. Once your tickets have been printed, your Winnipeg Jets Card will no longer be valid for entry. Please contact your Ticket Sales and Service Representative to arrange this option."

So it sounds like this won't be an option next year, although for $100 per seat, you'd think it would be a good opportunity to turn a profit on people who want to collect tickets for memorabilia - only if they cook up some unique designs every season though (not for generic ticket stock).

In fact, if they are going to charge next year for reprinting/forwarding, a lot of people might take them up on the printed ticket offer. $200 for a set of nicely designed tickets, or $175 to email everyone a non-collectable printout on plain paper? Cha-ching!
This makes me nervous. Generic ticket stock? Can we assume they won't have the visiting teams logos on them as they'll be generic? If so, why bother and it's kind of missing the point on TNSE's part. If I want something generic on heavier paper, I can print that on my own.

And yes, I'd ask that question but TNSE's phone lines are bogged completely and two hours later I'm still waiting to log into my account.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
BigZ65

I find the whole thing a little insensitive to the fanbase. The Jets know that many of their season ticket packages are shared by several people per seat. A lot of extra time, organization and money is now needed just to simply get the tickets for the game.

In cases like mine where 4 people are on the contract for 2 seats, do we get 4 cards? From what it says in the guide looks like the answer is no. How do all 4 of us get our Jets Gear discount if we only have 2 cards?

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

There is 1 card per seat, period.

It is a PITA. I'm not exactly stoked about it but it does make sense for them to do this, IMO, generally speaking.

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
pong0814

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
This makes me nervous. Generic ticket stock? Can we assume they won't have the visiting teams logos on them as they'll be generic? If so, why bother and it's kind of missing the point on TNSE's part. If I want something generic on heavier paper, I can print that on my own.

I had a couple tickets printed on ticket stock last year through my ticket rep to give as a gift (Called my ticket rep, and picked it up at their office). Very similar to the regular Ticketmaster tickets, but Jets-themed. I remember a tiny colored Jets logo somewhere in there, and (if I remember correctly) a zoomed-in Jets logo (grey, faint) in the backround of all the text with all the ticket info. Definitely not as fancy as the season tickets that were mailed to us, for sure, but at least not as "plain" as the regular Ticketmaster ticket stock. Definitely no visiting team logos.

pong0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:25 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
There is 1 card per seat, period.

It is a PITA. I'm not exactly stoked about it but it does make sense for them to do this, IMO, generally speaking.
Does it make sense though? In terms of customer service? No. In terms of $$$ and controlling the resale market? Yes.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:29 PM
buggs

Quote:
I had a couple tickets printed on ticket stock last year through my ticket rep to give as a gift (Called my ticket rep, and picked it up at their office). Very similar to the regular Ticketmaster tickets, but Jets-themed. I remember a tiny colored Jets logo somewhere in there, and (if I remember correctly) a zoomed-in Jets logo (grey, faint) in the backround of all the text with all the ticket info. Definitely not as fancy as the season tickets that were mailed to us, for sure, but at least not as "plain" as the regular Ticketmaster ticket stock. Definitely no visiting team logos.
Thanks for that. Don't see much point in paying for those.

Gotta be someone out there with a graphics program that can design something like this pretty easily. Not that they'd be useable for entrance but if I can work something out I'd still like to print my own tickets. Just have fields where you can enter in the visiting team logo and then other fields to enter in your own Section/Row/Seat Number and then one more for the date to correspond to the actual game. That'd address the souvenir aspect of it pretty easily.

Won't address the hassle of moving tickets among STH groups though.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:46 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
Printing them yourself, as I understand, will be free at all times. Emailing them to someone else *through the Jets ticketing system* will cost $2.50. This is the same as virtually every sports team in North America. Ticket forwarding is here to stay, for convenience/ease of getting the tickets to someone else, not worrying about forgetting the physical tickets or bringing the wrong ones, or having them get lost or stolen, and making it harder to sell through unauthorized means (ie the street corner) in the secondary market.
That is fine with me....as long as I don't have to pay extra to print them myself all is good

SCP Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
I find the whole thing a little insensitive to the fanbase. The Jets know that many of their season ticket packages are shared by several people per seat. A lot of extra time, organization and money is now needed just to simply get the tickets for the game.

In cases like mine where 4 people are on the contract for 2 seats, do we get 4 cards? From what it says in the guide looks like the answer is no. How do all 4 of us get our Jets Gear discount if we only have 2 cards?
while i get that its fairly annoying, the bolded part shouldn't be expected as that's supposed to be a "thank you" for committing the cash for a season ticket, not a thank you for committing half of it, though if they get a lot of backlash they might as well do it.

I do see the negatives as far as memorabilia and distribution of tickets within groups, but otherwise, seems like nothing monumental.

edit: on second thought, everyone who this inconveneiences in the lsightest way should be livid and cancel there season tickets immediately....this has nothing to do with ulterior motives at all...

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 50
From the MJA-User Guide:

Quote:
You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost.
Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper
TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game.
From my understanding, reprinting tickets at home (NOT forwarding via email and sending reprinting privileges to a third party) will be free not only this year, but for all years - wrong. If that's the case, you could print all of your tickets at home without forwarding them to others (for free) and distribute them to your STH group physically.

Edit: I stand corrected, which is of course my own fault for not reading the entire section before posting
Quote:
Open your PDF page(s) and print.
With the implementation of the
Season Ticket Card the Reprint
ticket administration fee of
$2.50 per ticket will be waived for
the 2012-13 season.
That kind of sucks, although it does make sense as there would then be an easy easy way to get around the $2.50 forwarding charge.

You think they'd maybe implement a kind of "charge" card, in which you can request a certain number of cards with each ST package. Before shipping and sending out the tickets to STH, you'd be able to distribute certain games to each card. Could be an easy check-box menu on My Jets Account. Any further changes to tickets can be done via forwarding for the $2.50 fee.

Last edited by Mathil8: 01-14-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
while i get that its fairly annoying, the bolded part shouldn't be expected as that's supposed to be a "thank you" for committing the cash for a season ticket, not a thank you for committing half of it, though if they get a lot of backlash they might as well do it.
4 people signed a 4-year contract as season ticket holders directly with the Winnipeg Jets for the 2 seats with the understanding that all 4 would reap the benefits of that account.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
blues10

I am not impressed with TNSE. This is not convenient despite what TNSE think.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Wolf357

This is my opinion licks donkey chestnuts...
I'm in a group of 4. So only the guy who gets the card gets the discount..
Not only will we get chrarged $2.50 to email every ticket to the group. (2 seats) $5.00 per game. But will also get charged an additinal $2.50 per ticket/$5.00 to print the freaking tickets?
This IMO is one of those great in theory ideas..One JetsCard for every ticket nice and simple, no need to print off tickets and makes things easier for all involved...WRONG.. Not in this market. I'd guess 70%-75% of tickets are part of a group..This makes things more complicated than needed

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:43 PM
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
...WRONG.. Not in this market.
Bingo.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
Nope $2.50 to print at home.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
blues10

My suggestion is $2.50 per additonal card per account. I can't log into my account either.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Wolf357

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Nope $2.50 to print at home.
This is correct...$2.50 to print at home...so $5.00 per ticket if you are also getting the ticket emailed to you....
Not the greatest "All systems go"...Thank you fans..Start IMO

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
4 people signed a 4-year contract as season ticket holders directly with the Winnipeg Jets for the 2 seats with the understanding that all 4 would reap the benefits of that account.
if this is the case then i must ask, how do you currently claim your discount?

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:12 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
This is correct...$2.50 to print at home...so $5.00 per ticket if you are also getting the ticket emailed to you....
Not the greatest "All systems go"...Thank you fans..Start IMO
Well, you can get around one of the bs charges by just printing to PDF and emailing the PDF yourself.

Nevertheless, any charge for printing to your own printer is ridiculous.

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
if this is the case then i must ask, how do you currently claim your discount?
STH got two discount cards per seat last season. The 15% really isn't very special anymore. CAA members get 10% and Show and Save cardholders also get 10%. TNSE/The Winnipeg Jets haven't really done anything for STH.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
cbcwpg

Sorry Jets, but this plastic card is just a bad idea.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
DancesWithWookies

Well I'm pretty pissed off about this. I came home excited to see the new tickets and what do I see? Some ****ing card? I have to forward tickets to people now or print them off AND they're going to charge me for the inconvience? Wow TNSE, well done.

DancesWithWookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
My suggestion is $2.50 per additonal card per account. I can't log into my account either.
Quote:
An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived.

NODLR is offline   Reply With Quote