Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Felger's Milan Lucic isn't a top 6 winger and is out of shape campaign is annoying already.
That he's out of shape is certainly a possibility, but to say he's not a top 6 winger is downright ignorant.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:35 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
A) Felger is a radio ******
B) he loves being one
C) he loves to get people worked up

I don't think he is ignorant, I think he works hard to figure out how to piss you off because he likes it when you all call in.

I haven't listened in awhile - this is about the time of year where they start to talk hockey more so I'll likely tune in.

If Lucic is out of shape, though, that's going to suck.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
That he's out of shape is certainly a possibility, but to say he's not a top 6 winger is downright ignorant.
I think he is saying that he has not played like one in a while. An argument can be made that he has not played up to expectation in a while. He certainly did not in last year's playoffs and he did not impress in the cup run either.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
A) Felger is a radio ******
B) he loves being one
C) he loves to get people worked up

I don't think he is ignorant, I think he works hard to figure out how to piss you off because he likes it when you all call in.

I haven't listened in awhile - this is about the time of year where they start to talk hockey more so I'll likely tune in.

If Lucic is out of shape, though, that's going to suck.
Felger's not a total fool, but he does say some shockingly stupid things. I know some of them are just to rile people up, but some of them are constant memes.

As for Lucic, he's not out of shape. What he is not in is game shape, along with every other player who hasn't played in months. There's a difference, but it's not surprising that Felger wouldn't understand that.

One silver lining is that as Lucic has been constantly banged up over the past few years, he told the AP (sorry can't link - on my phone) that it gave him a chance to rest and heal. Thornton said the same thing on TV the other day, that he feels good pysically.

But I'm sure Felger will beat the "Lucic is out of shape!" drum for the next week or so, because it's what he does.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:34 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Felger's not a total fool, but he does say some shockingly stupid things. I know some of them are just to rile people up, but some of them are constant memes.

As for Lucic, he's not out of shape. What he is not in is game shape, along with every other player who hasn't played in months. There's a difference, but it's not surprising that Felger wouldn't understand that.

One silver lining is that as Lucic has been constantly banged up over the past few years, he told the AP (sorry can't link - on my phone) that it gave him a chance to rest and heal. Thornton said the same thing on TV the other day, that he feels good pysically.

But I'm sure Felger will beat the "Lucic is out of shape!" drum for the next week or so, because it's what he does.
Agreed. Just wait until Lucic goes a few games without recording a point. Felger is going to rant and rave about how he should be demoted to the 4th line or traded cuz he's overpaid.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

This Dan Sileo-Kirk Minihane war of words is like the Iran-Iraq War of Boston sports radio/media. Is there a way for both sides to maul each other?

I didn't like Sileo when he was filling in on WEEI, but can someone explain to me what exactly Minihane does? All the guy ever does is blab and start conflict from behind a microphone. Let us not forget the Jack Edwards business from a few years back where he just starts attacking Jack when the guy is a guest on his program.

Anyway I am probably doing a disservice by even mentioning the guy but he really needs to be called out as a jerk.

Audio from the Sileo chat this morning: http://audio.weei.com/a/69590473/thi...k-minihane.htm

Old
01-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
This Dan Sileo-Kirk Minihane war of words is like the Iran-Iraq War of Boston sports radio/media. Is there a way for both sides to maul each other?

I didn't like Sileo when he was filling in on WEEI, but can someone explain to me what exactly Minihane does? All the guy ever does is blab and start conflict from behind a microphone. Let us not forget the Jack Edwards business from a few years back where he just starts attacking Jack when the guy is a guest on his program.

Anyway I am probably doing a disservice by even mentioning the guy but he really needs to be called out as a jerk.

Audio from the Sileo chat this morning: http://audio.weei.com/a/69590473/thi...k-minihane.htm
I cant stand Minihane, thinks his **** don't sink, when frankly he's not much of anything himself, as you said, what exactly does he do anyways?

I like Felger, his act is to rile people up. I think his statements on Lucic are a bit of hyperbole, because many guys are out of shape, but that said,as a poster said above, there is something to be said for maybe his play as of the past year hasn't been up to what it should be for him. I hope he proves that the lingering injuries he says he had, is the reason.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:

Heard that this morning, made for good radio at least. I definitely missed hearing Gerry Callahan today though.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:

Agreed. I haven't seen/heard him much, but whenever I do, he comes across as a total d***. I can't stand the guy. I also believe he clashed with Haggs one time on Sports Tonight. He's all about getting in beefs with fellow media personalities for some reason. I think he probably thinks he is carving out a niche for himself, establishing himself as another cynical boston media guy, but just comes across as annoying.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Agreed. I haven't seen/heard him much, but whenever I do, he comes across as a total d***. I can't stand the guy. I also believe he clashed with Haggs one time on Sports Tonight. He's all about getting in beefs with fellow media personalities for some reason. I think he probably thinks he is carving out a niche for himself, establishing himself as another cynical boston media guy, but just comes across as annoying.
Haggs started that one.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:05 PM
EverettMike

Paul Perillo looks like he has been hitting the press box buffet a little too often.

PUT DOWN THE SANDWICH PUDGY.

(I love Pip, but good god.)

Old
01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Shaun
beauty

Jack Edwards coming up on Turner and Hutch

Old
01-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Gresh sounds like such a boob in these simulcasts. All he did was call Canada "Americas hat" the whole time in the Montreal simulcast, and now its making fun of Texas accents and praising his past resume

Old
01-11-2013, 06:21 AM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Gresh sounds like such a boob in these simulcasts. All he did was call Canada "Americas hat" the whole time in the Montreal simulcast, and now its making fun of Texas accents and praising his past resume
I'm glad I wasn't listening. I cannot stand the sound of his voice.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Felger's picking Baltimore

Old
01-14-2013, 02:35 PM
SpokedLightning
Tampa Bound

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Being up here in the stix I don't see/hear much of him but my overall impression is that he's a Dou***.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
There's a shocker.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Heard on the radio that the hockey show will be Saturdays from 9am to 11am .

Old
01-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Not outlandish, its a coin flip game. Like every Pats Ravens game has been since 2007.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Heard on the radio that the hockey show will be Saturdays from 9am to 11am .
It was on this past Saturday. Good stuff.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Not outlandish, its a coin flip game. Like every Pats Ravens game has been since 2007.
Felger usually picks ths Pats.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Felger usually picks ths Pats.
I think he picked Houston this week.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-15-2013, 07:24 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Rask on T&R right now.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:15 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Not sure where to put this and slightly off topic but a guy on Fan590 in Toronto said that it looked like Kessel needed a gurney to carry him off the ice after practice yesterday. Boy is he gonna love Randy Carlyle.

Oh, and what a 'shocka' that Philly Boy is a little out of shape after the lockout...

Old
01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Shaun
beauty

Cam is coming on F&M at 4:20

Closed Thread