HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[EDM/DAL] Mark Fistric for 2013 3rd Round Pick (MOD WARNING POST 255)

Old
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Njoy Oilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
He's talking about scubasteve, calm down.
My bad. No you calm down!

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
So far, I get a feeling they have more in the works to address the D
If Whitney can even get back to 80% of what he was before the foot surgery it will be huge....thou this is better on paper then last yr.....I could see Tambo starting the year with what he has....not great but more balanced then last...1 off and 1 def guy per pairing

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Long time Stars fan.

Fistric is a damn good stay at home option to have. Dallas never valued him, or used him correctly. Damn good player.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
smokes lets go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Long time Stars fan.

Fistric is a damn good stay at home option to have. Dallas never valued him, or used him correctly. Damn good player.

That parts promising hopefully he finds a good niche here in Edmonton. Physical stay at home guy that doesn't make too many boneheaded plays.

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Better than Peckham?

Christmas Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:32 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Better than Peckham?
yep

better hockey sense and better body checker

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:34 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Really? Cuz apparently we are expecting him to win the Norris. Sure none of us have seen him play at all, but isn't he like a #1 dman or something?

#watchoutkarlsson

This is exactly what we needed on the third pair, I don't know why some people are being so negative in this thread, it's a good deal for both sides.
Because some people are overblowing it. And claims that Dallas got fleeced or hurt itself with this trade is ridiculous. Need some negativity to deal with the unwarranted positivity

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
The Oilers had the #3 power play last year with Cam Barker and Shawn Horcoff eating up a lot of PP time. Insert J.Schultz and Yakupov and its a vast upgrade(unproven or not). Pretty safe to say the Oilers didn't pick up Fistric for his "offensive upside" as a select few Dallas fans keep repeating over and over again.
As for his defense..... Stats might not tell the whole story but, they're also not biased towards a certain players like "opinions". The Oilers need a physical presence on the backend and Fistric was 5th in hits last year among defenseman. Not bad for only 60 games and for a guy that can't skate at all(did 235 guys just run into him?). I'm sure Dallas fans are correct it puts him out of position often but I'm sure at least 4 times a game it puts opposing forwards even farther out of position.
Physical defenseman for a 3rd round pick in a compact 48 game season where depth will be sorely needed come April. Its still a good trade no matter what some biased posters think.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
TOML

Edmonton has made some fine moves as of late. If they fail to make the post-season, then that is a HUGE fail, imho.

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Ducksforcup

For a third round pick, this is a no-risk, high reward trade.

A third rounder is nothing for a good, reliable stay-at-home, physical d-man like Fistric.

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
plikestechno

We need mean on this team and he brings the mean.

For the role we need him in his only competition is Peckham and Teubert. If he can't beat them out then he shouldn't be in the NHL. No brainer and no lose for the Oilers. We're not as stacked with bonafide NHL D as other teams are.

I'd like to see the Oilers trade a few more picks for NHL veterans that can fill 3rd and 4th line roles. We have enough prospects in the system and guys like Paajarvi aren't meant to be checking guys unless they're willing to change their personal philosophies.

Last edited by plikestechno: 01-14-2013 at 04:56 PM.
plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
For the role we need him in his only competition is Peckham and Teubert. If he can't beat them out then he shouldn't be in the NHL. No brainer and no lose for the Oilers. We're not as stacked with bonafide NHL D as other teams are.

I'd like to see the Oilers trade a few more picks for NHL veterans that can fill 3rd and 4th line roles. We have enough prospects in the system.
Agreed, I am not sold on the Eager/Hordichuk experiment. Petrell, okay, Smyth, yup, Belanger, sure, Jones, you betcha.

Need a little more grit and heart there.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

For the last 3 seasons Fistric has had the 6th or 7th strongest quality of opposition in the Stars defense. He is a 3rd pairing guy, and since the Stars have players that project to be better than that to give his minutes to, off he goes to EDM. I hope he does OK there, but a 3rd and the opportunity to give Benn and Dillon a real shot before Oleksiak and Nemeth are brought up is a good return for Dallas.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
BattleGuy

I don't care if Fistric ever gets a point as a Oiler. As long as he lays a few good hits and isn't a total liability (ala Cam Barker) I'll be happy. If he totally sucks it was only a 3rd rounder. I can't see the downside.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:08 PM
plikestechno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
Agreed, I am not sold on the Eager/Hordichuk experiment. Petrell, okay, Smyth, yup, Belanger, sure, Jones, you betcha.

Need a little more grit and heart there.
Eager's been a disappointment. He just has no guts. If he's not playing on a winner he just pouts and rumour is he's just playing not to get hurt because the next time he gets his bell rung he's done or worse.

We need guys on the 3-4 lines that will go through walls at all times.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:10 PM
oilersfan87

As an oilers fan I'm really happy with this move, our defense is now no where near as bad as many people think.
Petry- Smid
J. Schultz- N. Schultz
Whitney- Fistric

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Props to Tambi for pulling the trigger but from the sounds of it Fistric has wanted to play at home for a long time now. He lives here in the off-season. This is a situation where the Stars did a player a favour.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:21 PM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'm sorta baffled by this one on Dallas' end, I understand the need to move a defenceman to make room for upcoming players, but I don't understand why Dallas continues to get softer and softer. Look at all the guys they've moved out since last season: Sheldon Souray, Adam Pardy, Steve Ott, Mark Fistric, all tough cantankerous guys. I always used to hate when Edmonton would play Dallas because not only would they lose, but they'd get bullied, knocked around and usually leave with an extra injury or two. I don't know if that's going to continue.
The cantankerous guys havent really got the job done though, Dallas had to change their structure, no playoffs in 4 years..

That spot will probably go to Dillon this year who is more talented and hits almost as well and Oleksiak will be on the team next year.

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Love how people who have no idea the Star's D situation crucifying us for getting an asset out of an impending UFA #6/7 D-man.

I like Fistric a lot, but this wasn't a bad move by the Stars. Solid trade for both sides.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Hmmm. Seems ill need a new avatar, lol.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Love how people who have no idea the Star's D situation crucifying us for getting an asset out of an impending UFA #6/7 D-man.

I like Fistric a lot, but this wasn't a bad move by the Stars. Solid trade for both sides.
There's nothing but comments about how it's a good/no lose trade for the Oilers. I don't see any posts crucifying the Stars, let alone saying they made a bad move, stop being a drama queen.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Paralyzer008

The Oilers have plenty of offensive D-men like Schultz, Whitney, Petry etc. but they needed another stay-at-home dependable guy. Fistric is a big stay-at-home guy. He won't score much but that won't be his job. If he blocks shots and hits, he's done well. Underrated season in 09-10, where he had a +27. He has a problem staying healthy but he's a UFA at the end of the year and he's pretty cheap.

Dallas really didn't need Fistric anymore, they signed Aaron Rome who brings really similar tools, including toughness and grit. Plus Dallas wants to open up some room for now and the future, Dillon/Benn/Oleksiak are all coming up the pipe. It saves them salary, gives Dillon and Benn better shots at playing time and the third rounder is basically a bonus.

Paralyzer008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Props to Tambi for pulling the trigger but from the sounds of it Fistric has wanted to play at home for a long time now. He lives here in the off-season. This is a situation where the Stars did a player a favour.
For some reason I thought when his name came up in trade rumours last year it was said he really didn't want to play here.

I could be wrong..

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Eager's been a disappointment. He just has no guts. If he's not playing on a winner he just pouts and rumour is he's just playing not to get hurt because the next time he gets his bell rung he's done or worse.

We need guys on the 3-4 lines that will go through walls at all times.
Agree 100%. I was secretly hoping they would have landed Tootoo. Not sure who else is out there that fits the desired mold.

And before I get slammed for Tootoo, watched him a fair amount in Brandon and just loved his motor (also he is fearless).

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Ryp37

what the hell dallas?

anyways good trade for edmonton fistric is a tank

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote