HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
General Granny*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
The Oilers just got Mark Fistric, a steady hard rock defenceman with zero offensive ability, from Dallas for a third round pick. Fistric won't set the world on fire, but he is very physical, and can play 12 minutes a night in the bottom pairing. He's a shorter, stockier Carkner, basically. If Murray was truly desperate for a defenceman, he would have made a deal like this. Clearly he doesn't feel THAT desperate, at least not yet.
Or maybe he thought the price was too high for a stop gap bottom pairing UFA dman on a 48 game season, plus Edmonton probably payed extra seeing how the guy is from Edmonton and they are more desperate for D than we are.

The market for D looks like crap right now, Murray said today the price is too much for a vet D.

If he had payed a 3rd for Fistrict then the same people *****ing now will be doing it again on how Murray wasting picks on useless vets in a deep draft where we also don't have a 2nd rounder.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
He is a good player - he's just not a Top 4 d-man and stuck behind a good D-core. I think he would be a good 6-7. The pedigree that entices people is he was a very good player in Junior, at the world juniors and has been solid though unspectacular in the AHL. He won't make it on the waiver wire as far down as the sens.
Edit: Sorry thought we were talking Tuebert, my bad

Old
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Teubert has been terrible every single time I watched him. Sure, hes big but he's one of the stupidest players I've watched. Constantly putting himself out of position in hopes he can make a big hit. I don't think he'll ever be more then a #6/7 guy and thats even up in the air.

I see him being a bust.
Remember after the WJV everyone on these boards (not all of us, but most) thinking Cowen was a bust and could not skate or turn or read a play to save his life and we should of taken MSP instead?

Teubert is a prospect, but he is the right kind of prospect that we need. We have a ton of skill and speed and hockey IQ in the system, adding a little sandpaper in that RD bottom spot would be nice, especially with Cowen getting injured this year.

I want Weircoche and Boro to play this year on that LD, but there is room on that RD for a gritty player.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Remember after the WJV everyone on these boards (not all of us, but most) thinking Cowen was a bust and could not skate or turn or read a play to save his life and we should of taken MSP instead?

Teubert is a prospect, but he is the right kind of prospect that we need. We have a ton of skill and speed and hockey IQ in the system, adding a little sandpaper in that RD bottom spot would be nice, especially with Cowen getting injured this year.

I want Weircoche and Boro to play this year on that LD, but there is room on that RD for a gritty player.
We are comparing having questions about an 18 year old Cowen coming off injury, and 22 year old Teubert in his third year pro.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

I don't see us claiming hickey as a "risk" of some sorts. We are not giving anything up for him so why is it a risk? Explain.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
We are comparing having questions about an 18 year old Cowen coming off injury, and 22 year old Teubert in his third year pro.
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/112626

Old
01-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Pilgore88

So he can beat up an unwilling player

Old
01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
So he can beat up an unwilling player
If someone takes a run at your best player, he's the guy that knocks them out. He takes care of pests, something Ottawa hasn't always done well, something Karlsson would appreciate, something the young Swedes would as well.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Teubert wouldn't be on the ice with our best players. He'd probably be watching from the pressbox eating nachos.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Teubert wouldn't be on the ice with our best players. He'd probably be watching from the pressbox eating nachos.

God, has Game #2 of the playoffs really been that long ago? Geez...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94r8eauXqkU

Old
01-14-2013, 04:24 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

I'm waiting for that intelligent response still...

Old
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Carkner is a far superior player to Teubert. Carkner actually knows how to read a play.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:

No, but Teubert isn't a guy to trade for because of this. Neil and Smith can handle that role this year. If we wanted a guy like that why not trade for Engulland, he fits that bill much better no? And no, I don't want Engulland either.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:26 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Every single point that's been brought up has been "well look at what this one player did in a somewhat similar situation...". Why no analysis on Teubert's ACTUAL play? Maybe because he's actually horrible? Could be.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I'm waiting for that intelligent response still...

This one?

Quote:

Old
01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Difference is I've also commented on his actual hockey ability.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:42 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
This one?

Quote:
Difference is I've also commented on his actual hockey ability.
There's a particular person here that I'm referring to.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:43 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
Or maybe he thought the price was too high for a stop gap bottom pairing UFA dman on a 48 game season, plus Edmonton probably payed extra seeing how the guy is from Edmonton and they are more desperate for D than we are.

The market for D looks like crap right now, Murray said today the price is too much for a vet D.

If he had payed a 3rd for Fistrict then the same people *****ing now will be doing it again on how Murray wasting picks on useless vets in a deep draft where we also don't have a 2nd rounder.
Why would they have paid more for Fistric because he's a hometown guy? We traded Fisher to Nashville for less than we could've gotten elsewhere. Fistric is the same kinda scenario, wanted to go to Edmonton and Nieuwendyk accommodated.

01-14-2013, 04:46 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
There's a particular person here that I'm referring to.
We know

Old
01-14-2013, 04:48 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
Also, Teubert has been pretty mediocre in the AHL this season. No reason to acquire him at all.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I wanted a new D as much as anyone else, but if Lundin didn't hurt himself we wouldn't be having this convo.

Methot/Karlsson
Wiercioch/Gonchar
Phillips/Benoit

looks like it will work until Lundin comes back .
[...]
we're having this discussion because cowen hurt himself, not because lundin hurt himself. I dont think anyone has a problem with wiercioch/benoit/borowiecki filling in for lundin. The issue is the second pairing hole that cowen leaves, which phillips may not be good enough to fill anymore and all the other options are untested in the NHL.

01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

I think Ottawa does need a heavyweight enforcer, whether that is Teubert or not remains to be seen. But that was exactly the response the Ottawa Senators should have had after what Boyle did to our best player & Carkner should be congratulated for it & was when Maclean shook his hand for it after the play. Someone should have done the same thing to Haglin when he hit Alfredsson from behind & gave him a concussion. You have to stand up & protect your teammates & Chris Neil & Z. Smith are not enough to be able to fight the heavyweights that are still in this league like Lucic & Rosehill especially with Cowen out all yr. We don't want to go back to the Jacques Martin days when we try to ignore it & turtle like Arvedson & get walked on, no one enjoyed watching that.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
we're having this discussion because cowen hurt himself, not because lundin hurt himself. I dont think anyone has a problem with wiercioch/benoit/borowiecki filling in for lundin. The issue is the second pairing hole that cowen leaves, which phillips may not be good enough to fill anymore and all the other options are untested in the NHL.
Did you really find Cowen much better than Phillips last year? He was at the beginning but after the Rundblad trade I think Phillips was the better D.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:26 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Some of you need to calm down and take a deep breathe. Some of the proposals many of you are insinuating are ridiculous. Lehner for Leddy? Lmao, I'd only deal Lehner in a package for a guy like Keith. Remember last year when CLB tried getting Lehner but we put Bishop in the deal instead for NASH. We aren't dealing Lehner anything short of an enormous impact player and I'd bet we are never going to deal him no matter what.

Teubert? Just promote Borocop he's way better. Sersiously though, our depth isn't as bad as the pieces people are trying to get. Wiercioch and Boro/Benoit and Lundin coming back in a couple weeks. IF we still struggling then we make a move but for now I see absolutely no reason to be overpaying for useless players. 3rd for Fistric? Come on.

Quote:
Teubert is one of the worst defenceman I've ever seen with my own eyes.
This.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:26 PM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Every single point that's been brought up has been "well look at what this one player did in a somewhat similar situation...". Why no analysis on Teubert's ACTUAL play? Maybe because he's actually horrible? Could be.
A strength of this team should be able to find talent that under preforms on sub par teams and turns them into positive assets.

Detroit and Phoenix are good at that.

Closed Thread