HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 07:28 AM
  #501
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Perhaps. It'd be interesting to see the current sponsorship offers.
Ask around. They might share again. Hell, Leggmann offered me his detailed financials going back to the beginning.

Damn nice pull. Are you keeping him? I have a similar pull from earlier in the season who is also 5/6. That's Dman Coates. He's so good that I might have to make some room.

Tough loss in the NC. Hasn't Bayern Munich upset you before? I'm still alive in the elite eight. I'm thinking about burning even more energy to reach the Finals. I could really use an Intl Cup. It's been too long. Holy crap. It hasn't. I was in the CWC in season 7. It seems like its been 3-4 seasons since my last IC match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Thanks lads. I go by the 36 hour rule when it comes to decisions about me. As far as my rant goes it was because members of my support team and community were taking some heat for what I felt was unjustified reasons. Without going into detail there have been a few things about the game that have bothered me for some time. I've been able to influence policy a tad over the years and initiate changes (market system of max bids, economic reform a few years ago). I was just trying to figure out how to make my point on another topic and stand up for "us little guys".

I've sunk too much time into it to just quit outright. Unless I die in a fiery plane crash people will know well in advance when I decide to pack it in
Did things work out okay for the other guys? I thought they would be safe as long as they told someone on the PPM team.

tujague is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 08:17 AM
  #502
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Did things work out okay for the other guys? I thought they would be safe as long as they told someone on the PPM team.
Not yet. Their ticket back in is buying 6 months of ProPack. That apparently is in the new ToS however I recall them hiring a lawyer awhile ago and this was something he said to avoid.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
  #503
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
By what rule do teams get ranked in the national cup? I mean what decides in which pot team will end up, previous success in national cup or higher OTS or OTR or being in higher league? Thanks in advance

suprvilce is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 03:52 PM
  #504
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
It's mainly OTR, but I.1 teams get seeded first. So I.1 teams are seeded by OTR, then all the other teams in the country are seeded by OTR. And that's OTR rank at the beginning of the season. Your seeding doesn't change during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Not yet. Their ticket back in is buying 6 months of ProPack. That apparently is in the new ToS however I recall them hiring a lawyer awhile ago and this was something he said to avoid.
That doesn't seem right.

-----
I'm getting stomped in soccer right now. I thought I could get away with a few more youngsters against a lesser opponent. Picked up a red card in the 40th minute and am down 1-3. Ooh. It's now 2-3 with 15 minutes to go. Young Colt Diaz has both goals.

EDIT: Atomics tie the game at 3 with 4 minutes to go! Diaz assisting on young dman Racvolgyi's goal. Wow. Very happy to pick up a point in this one.


Last edited by tujague: 01-08-2013 at 03:58 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 05:41 PM
  #505
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That doesn't seem right.
"The decision to block the user's account or to award other in-game punishment is an exclusive right of the operator's administrators. It is possible to file an appeal via e-mail to the administrator, who blocked the account or awarded the punishment. The final decision, however, is binding for the user. The administrator may under certain circumstances condition the unblocking of the account by a concretely settled compensation by the user e.g. by activating a PRO pack or other form based on the agreement with the user which is considered as a form of contractual fine. Whether or not the return to the game via such compensation will be allowed for the user is exclusively at the administrator's decision. The user may not automatically request such procedure under any circumstances. In case such compensation is accepted, the user will be allowed to return to the game with an in-game fine compensating for the potential profit resulting from the violation of the rules. A repeated violation of the rules by the same user will result in an immediate and irrevocable block of the user's account. By agreeing with these ToS, the user accepts that it is not possible to appeal the final decision of the administrator in any other institution and also accepts the fact that administrators have the exclusive right to judge whether the user is guilty or not and to enforce a corresponding punishment."

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
  #506
neksys
Registered User
 
neksys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The final decision, however, is binding for the user. The administrator may under certain circumstances condition the unblocking of the account by a concretely settled compensation by the user e.g. by activating a PRO pack or other form based on the agreement with the user which is considered as a form of contractual fine.
Holy crap that would not likely be enforceable in most if not all Canadian jurisdictions. Who knows what the rules are in Slovakia though.

neksys is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
  #507
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
Holy crap that would not likely be enforceable in most if not all Canadian jurisdictions. Who knows what the rules are in Slovakia though.
Ah well. Back to talking about the on-ice/pitch aspects!

Got a 2-2 draw today in footy. Keeper finally gave up some goals after 890 minutes of shutout soccer (currently leads I.1). Good all-round performance on the road against a good team that played N/H to my N/N. I have 3 inactives and 2 bottom feeders in my final six games of the season so I figure I can push hard through the next 9 games and then rotate to reserves on VH to finish the season off. Got to get in the top-3 and hope Kenora Stingers wins the ChL.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 08:55 PM
  #508
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Ask around. They might share again. Hell, Leggmann offered me his detailed financials going back to the beginning.

Damn nice pull. Are you keeping him? I have a similar pull from earlier in the season who is also 5/6. That's Dman Coates. He's so good that I might have to make some room.

Tough loss in the NC. Hasn't Bayern Munich upset you before? I'm still alive in the elite eight. I'm thinking about burning even more energy to reach the Finals. I could really use an Intl Cup. It's been too long. Holy crap. It hasn't. I was in the CWC in season 7. It seems like its been 3-4 seasons since my last IC match.
The pull is a nice one, but I'll probably sell him at 17 (if he stays 5/6) or 20 (if he drops to 4/6 at 17). If he ends up making a junior NT, that would make more likely to keep him.

I've probably lost to Bayern Munich before, but it was a 0-0 game after 90 minutes, so I'm not that upset with the loss. That match demonstrates that I should get the most bang for my buck by investing in a stud forward. At least in terms of on-field performance so far this season. Here's an interesting stat for you: My team has scored 18 goals in home league matches this season (11 matches) and your team has scored 33 goals in home league matches this season (also 11 matches). Overall, I'm in 5th place in terms of goals scored, despite having 2 goalscorers in the top 10 (and putting 4 in the net today).

Good luck in the NC, it looks like you'll need it this round. I'll be cheering for you to make an International Cup (as long as it doesn't involve preventing me from qualifying for the Champion's League next season). If you can knock divoch out of the NC, he may not make it to an International Cup next season... The standings are awfully tight from 3rd - 5th.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 10:36 AM
  #509
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
I have another question, this time regarding CL. If a player drops to 4/6 at 19, does that mean he was pulled 5/6 at 15? If so then he stayed 5/6 4 straight seasons, when will he most likely drop again, in 3 or 4 seasons? Or maybe 2 seasons? Want to konw when the best time to sell my player is, hoping he reaches 800 OR before turning 21 but if he can stay one or two seasons more at same CL he could get even higher. Thanks again

suprvilce is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
  #510
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I have another question, this time regarding CL. If a player drops to 4/6 at 19, does that mean he was pulled 5/6 at 15? If so then he stayed 5/6 4 straight seasons, when will he most likely drop again, in 3 or 4 seasons? Or maybe 2 seasons? Want to konw when the best time to sell my player is, hoping he reaches 800 OR before turning 21 but if he can stay one or two seasons more at same CL he could get even higher. Thanks again
Yes 15 5/6. He could have been 17 4/6 as well though there are many avenues to get from 15 5/6 top 19 4/6.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
  #511
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Yes 15 5/6. He could have been 17 4/6 as well though there are many avenues to get from 15 5/6 top 19 4/6.
OK Thanks. I am talking about my player though who dropped to 4/6 as he turned 19 (bought him at 17 5/6). So he is likely to stay at 4/6 for at least 3 years?

suprvilce is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:37 PM
  #512
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
OK Thanks. I am talking about my player though who dropped to 4/6 as he turned 19 (bought him at 17 5/6). So he is likely to stay at 4/6 for at least 3 years?
Oh! Sorry I misunderstood. He will have 2-4 years at 4/6. Likely 3 or 4.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  #513
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
The pull is a nice one, but I'll probably sell him at 17 (if he stays 5/6) or 20 (if he drops to 4/6 at 17). If he ends up making a junior NT, that would make more likely to keep him.

I've probably lost to Bayern Munich before, but it was a 0-0 game after 90 minutes, so I'm not that upset with the loss. That match demonstrates that I should get the most bang for my buck by investing in a stud forward. At least in terms of on-field performance so far this season. Here's an interesting stat for you: My team has scored 18 goals in home league matches this season (11 matches) and your team has scored 33 goals in home league matches this season (also 11 matches). Overall, I'm in 5th place in terms of goals scored, despite having 2 goalscorers in the top 10 (and putting 4 in the net today).

Good luck in the NC, it looks like you'll need it this round. I'll be cheering for you to make an International Cup (as long as it doesn't involve preventing me from qualifying for the Champion's League next season). If you can knock divoch out of the NC, he may not make it to an International Cup next season... The standings are awfully tight from 3rd - 5th.
Whoa. I knew my team was a badass at home, but I didn't realize the difference between home & road was so extreme.
Home 9-1-1 and outscoring opponents 33-7.
Away 5-3-3 and only 11 goals scored while also giving up 11.
That's a bit insane. I should probably pay more attention to this. Maybe i should use all of my top players on the road instead of squeezing in some many youngsters. Thanks for the heads up

I don't think you'll have to worry about me keeping you out of the ChL. I've been about as hot as you can be in I.1 and I'm still 10 points back. I think you're safe. But I'll do my best against Corona. I'm not expecting much though. His top 11 is almost 150 OR better and I've burned a lot of energy this season.

I guess I'll have to do something similar with Coates. He might not be a bad player if he sticks at 5/6 for 3-4 seasons. But he would be my 3rd LD 'prospect'. I might not need all three...

tujague is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
  #514
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
But he would be my 3rd LD 'prospect'. I might not need all three...
Ahhh... boo hoo

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
  #515
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
I am sitting 5th place in both leagues. 5 game winning streak in hockey and a 13 game winning streak in football.

In hockey every team I play against plays 3/3/3 or higher... So I have been playing 3/3/4 or 3/2/1 based on the score.

If I keep this up with my regular starters what should I expect come playoffs..

I am going to dress the farm against the nonames or very bad teams.

The goal is to finish in the top 8 this year and top 5 for next year.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 10:29 PM
  #516
saint2e
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Wow. Thanks, Level 11 Sports Academy, with 100+ OR Sports Directors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoccerPull-20130110.jpg‎ (166.5 KB, 7 views)

saint2e is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
  #517
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
Wow. Thanks, Level 11 Sports Academy, with 100+ OR Sports Directors.
Only 100 OR? I have 2x 100 Youth Trainers but the result isn't much different.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:31 AM
  #518
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I am sitting 5th place in both leagues. 5 game winning streak in hockey and a 13 game winning streak in football.

In hockey every team I play against plays 3/3/3 or higher... So I have been playing 3/3/4 or 3/2/1 based on the score.

If I keep this up with my regular starters what should I expect come playoffs..

I am going to dress the farm against the nonames or very bad teams.

The goal is to finish in the top 8 this year and top 5 for next year.
You can work it out yourself, I don't have the numbers on the top of my head. Generally the goal should be to hit playoffs with 90 energy or better. Though, if your goal is not to win playoffs only to make it may as well burn as much as it takes. However, miss playoffs and have no energy you're going to slide slide slide during the placement games.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  #519
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I am sitting 5th place in both leagues. 5 game winning streak in hockey and a 13 game winning streak in football.

In hockey every team I play against plays 3/3/3 or higher... So I have been playing 3/3/4 or 3/2/1 based on the score.

If I keep this up with my regular starters what should I expect come playoffs..

I am going to dress the farm against the nonames or very bad teams.

The goal is to finish in the top 8 this year and top 5 for next year.
General rule of thumb is to try and use the same amount of energy as the other teams around you/those who you will compete with in he PO's.

And Level 14 SA with 96% efficiency from my sporting directors gives me pretty bad youths - pissed with that

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:20 PM
  #520
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Whoa. I knew my team was a badass at home, but I didn't realize the difference between home & road was so extreme.
Home 9-1-1 and outscoring opponents 33-7.
Away 5-3-3 and only 11 goals scored while also giving up 11.
That's a bit insane. I should probably pay more attention to this. Maybe i should use all of my top players on the road instead of squeezing in some many youngsters. Thanks for the heads up

I don't think you'll have to worry about me keeping you out of the ChL. I've been about as hot as you can be in I.1 and I'm still 10 points back. I think you're safe. But I'll do my best against Corona. I'm not expecting much though. His top 11 is almost 150 OR better and I've burned a lot of energy this season.
You definitely put up a good fight against Corona. No shame in that loss.

As for the home/road split, which line-up did you use against me today? I thought I might be in trouble with Bragg injured and one of my starting CMs suspended.

Quote:
I guess I'll have to do something similar with Coates. He might not be a bad player if he sticks at 5/6 for 3-4 seasons. But he would be my 3rd LD 'prospect'. I might not need all three...
I went through my roster and decided I had an abundance of players at a position or two and placed a couple of prospects on the market. I didn't need 8 CDs (5 of them 17 or younger) and could do with fewer than 6 CMs. I'd actually like to bring in another starter level CM, but that's probably 3rd or 4th on my list of positions to upgrade. Looking at that list of positions I'd like to upgrade, there's less room to upgrade than I anticipated.

------------

Since I mentioned that list, I suppose I could expand upon it.

Forward is at the top of the list, with Bragg in his 2nd season at 4/6 and Valina in his 1st season at 3/6. After those 2, I have a decent back-up pair who could keep me in the top 5 or 6 teams. One is 21, 5/6 and 923 OR; the other is 17, 4/6 and 842 OR. The 17 and 4/6 there is a real heart-breaker, but he still trains fairly well.

My LD has the lowest IGR in my starting line-up, but he's only 19 (My starting RD is universal, 22, and 5/6). Then I have 3 prospects aged 17 or 18 with decent career paths and good-great qualities with preferred sides of: L,R, and U. Those 3 are all capable of contributing in the next couple of seasons.

I'd like to upgrade at CD, but the 2/3 CDs are both only 20 and are well over 900 OR. It'd be tough to justify spending the type of money required to upgrade over those 2 when my defense has been so good this season.

SM is a bit odd because I have 2 ready to play LMs, 2 ready to play RMs, and 1 prospect that is universal. My top 2 LMs are in their 4th season at their current C/L. RM is set for a long time.

CM is a position where it feels like I need to spend some money until I look at my roster. Taganovich is great and is in his 1st season at 4/6. Piposiar is in his 2nd season at 4/6 and is about 200 OR behind Tag. Then I have Hammons, who has passed Piposiar in OR and is 19 and 5/6 (18 and 6/6 last season). Hammons should be able to step in to a starting role soon, with Piposiar becoming the backup. In the next couple of years, Piposiar will need to be replaced and I'll need a CM to play in case of injury/suspension.

Goalie is looking good. I could afford to sell one of my goalies (I currently have 4). I'd like to keep the 2-headed monster (Spicer and Cheney) for another season or so. My top trainer is a 16 yo, 6/6 goalie that I see taking Cheney's spot in the "rotation" and eventually overcoming Spicer for the starting spot. That leaves my current #3 goalie available and I'll probably look to sell him near the end of the season. He's currently 17, 6/6 and 705 OR.

So it looks like I'll be prioritizing Forward heavily, look for good deals at other positions (besides goalie), and stock up on prospects. I'd prefer to get some high-quality American prospects on the roster (and could probably be talked into targeting some Canadians as well), but it's hard to find high-quality prospects with a decent starting OR on the market from any of the smaller PPM countries.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
  #521
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
Ohh to have some of these problems.


tescosamoa is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
  #522
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
The hockey kids are finally back from their camps. 8-0 win The difference from II.1 to III.4 is a shining example of why small countries need a narrower league structure. I've out-scored opponents 120-8 in 10 games. Last season it was 43-295. Two II leagues, four III leagues, eight IV leagues would be much much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
You definitely put up a good fight against Corona. No shame in that loss.

As for the home/road split, which line-up did you use against me today? I thought I might be in trouble with Bragg injured and one of my starting CMs suspended.
I had a couple of guys suspended (CM & CD) that left me weak down the middle. But it wouldn't have mattered. Your team is too good at home. I also forgot to change tactics. I was going to back everyone up and play some long ball/delay. Oh god. I didn't even change the motivation. WTH? I'm usually on top of the Sunday games.

Quote:
I went through my roster and decided I had an abundance of players at a position or two and placed a couple of prospects on the market. I didn't need 8 CDs (5 of them 17 or younger) and could do with fewer than 6 CMs. I'd actually like to bring in another starter level CM, but that's probably 3rd or 4th on my list of positions to upgrade. Looking at that list of positions I'd like to upgrade, there's less room to upgrade than I anticipated.
Is it worth it to sell average prospects? I hardly get anything for them and all I can think about is the market penalty increasing.

Coates being my third LD prospect isn't quite true. Racvolgyi is 18yo and is getting more and more playing time already. I'm surprised he hasn't hurt the team more. Havens is 17yo and is really only in the discussion because he's still 6/6. His Qs (89D 78/88/76/66 + 74Shot) aren't nearly as good as Coates (95D 88/77/92/90 + 81Shot). Being two years younger, Coates could actually fill a spot in the rotation if his CL holds up and the others drop too fast. But he's too good, so that won't happen.

On the right side, I have the two 17yos Carpenter (great OR at 821, but 5/6) and Strickland (who is still 6/6 at 17yo and has a decent 727OR). Those two are very good. I need to get Strickland more playing time.

Have I mentioned here that I'm looking for an RM? I was willing to spend over 100M on the right guy, but it turns out he's already on the team. Vernon Mercado is one of those solid but unspectacular pulls (5/6 at 18yo, 877or at 20yo, EQ around 75). He pulled a 22 IGR in a recent game. Not bad for a backup/stop gap for the aging poorly Joe Denno, who only gets a 24 igr. I'd still like to find a great young RM prospect. And I might still be on the market for a starting RM, but there's no hurry anymore.

tujague is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
  #523
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Last original soccer player up for grabs on the market. Solid GK who carried my team until 2 seasons ago (bought another guy). Loads of EXP. Ideal player to carry a team from div2 to div1 and be instantly competitive.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
  #524
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Ohh to have some of these problems.

You'll get there. I try not to talk about my team too much, but every now and then I like to write about what my team looks at and where I need to get better at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I had a couple of guys suspended (CM & CD) that left me weak down the middle. But it wouldn't have mattered. Your team is too good at home. I also forgot to change tactics. I was going to back everyone up and play some long ball/delay. Oh god. I didn't even change the motivation. WTH? I'm usually on top of the Sunday games.
That makes a bit of sense. Were you planning to up the motivation to high (for the whole game), or save energy?

Quote:
Is it worth it to sell average prospects? I hardly get anything for them and all I can think about is the market penalty increasing.
Depends on what you consider "average". I'll probably end up losing money overall on the 2 players I currently have on the market (after accounting for salaries, salary fees and the purchase price of one of them), but I suppose I'll find out on Thursday.

Quote:
Coates being my third LD prospect isn't quite true. Racvolgyi is 18yo and is getting more and more playing time already. I'm surprised he hasn't hurt the team more. Havens is 17yo and is really only in the discussion because he's still 6/6. His Qs (89D 78/88/76/66 + 74Shot) aren't nearly as good as Coates (95D 88/77/92/90 + 81Shot). Being two years younger, Coates could actually fill a spot in the rotation if his CL holds up and the others drop too fast. But he's too good, so that won't happen.

On the right side, I have the two 17yos Carpenter (great OR at 821, but 5/6) and Strickland (who is still 6/6 at 17yo and has a decent 727OR). Those two are very good. I need to get Strickland more playing time.

Have I mentioned here that I'm looking for an RM? I was willing to spend over 100M on the right guy, but it turns out he's already on the team. Vernon Mercado is one of those solid but unspectacular pulls (5/6 at 18yo, 877or at 20yo, EQ around 75). He pulled a 22 IGR in a recent game. Not bad for a backup/stop gap for the aging poorly Joe Denno, who only gets a 24 igr. I'd still like to find a great young RM prospect. And I might still be on the market for a starting RM, but there's no hurry anymore.
It's been almost 8 months since you've bought a player,you're 1st in the league in cash (and 3rd in the USA), your stadium will be at max capacity in 44 days, and your facilities are maxed out or under construction with the exception of SA. Is there something your saving your money for?

Obryantj is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
  #525
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
I am at that point early in the game where in hockey...

I have a solid core of 18 to 23 year olds low experience to keep me competitive in III.16 as they age and experience. A couple of 15 and 16 year olds at each position that can step in with injuries and take over as 4th liners or injury replacements in 3 years. So I can concentrate on the arena ( I am a full large stand up ) and save money to get it to large with seats... while dealing with the salary increases from training. As my wiggle room is rather small due to the lack of income from sponsors , tv.... were at the 2.8m and 127k a week level... Yes this is where you came from Goalie situation is a 29 year old to ride out his career and a 21 year old and 19 year old to replace at that time to eventually be sold off when I get someone from the farm to take over down the road. The odd pickup from time to time. I am at that point where I dress a 600 OR to 350 OR team for league games. I can afford them and be able to put away enough money to build 1 part at a time and keep with the HR upgrades.

Football III.12

Same idea except my whole team is mostly 15 to 19 so I am going to ride this team for a few years as I upgrade the stadium ( currenlty large standup )then facilities and I will start to sell them off as I get some replacements from the farm who will be worth training as replacements. The main team is in game rating at 6 to 9 with my CF at 10 ... Which is good for my league. My finances need to be better though so going to just make it through this year and get better sponsors than the computer gave me ( 2.3m and 16k... yep 16k ) so I can get to the next level of the stadium ( all around large with seats ).

I really like my football team ... My fav player is Theodore Bent an 18 year old 20k transfer canuck 5/6 403OR 86% avg who scored 2 goals against the first place team in a 2-0 win that got me hooked on the game... He is the captain of the sub team and splits duty ( against team nonames or teams with the manager has less than 15 login's )with the main LF on my team the old grey haired 24 year old Hungarian zoltan horvath who has a 474OR ....


So that is what it looks like at the new stages of the game.

tescosamoa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.