HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Heh

vCash: 500
I have been following the Isles forum since the start of this problem. I wish Visna would stay with Slovan. I feel bad for the Isles for the uncertainty about the top4 Dman and loss of the 2nd round draft pick. During all the reading of posts I started to like the Isles a bit (of course I like Slovan better )... I can see very little chance for the Isles to make the PO this year with or without Visna, however, the team seems promising for the close future. And Nabokov case shows, that life on the LI and with the team is good enough to stay... Tomorrow will tell. It is KHL´s and IIHF´s turn now. In my opinion, they will not open the can of worms, but maybe KHL is really trying to find how far they can go with such a precedent and see what they can do about big stars... after the lockout with the new CBA and huge financial loss it is highly likely that the NHL is at its weakest and most vulnerable point in a long time. And Visna turned out (may be just a coincidence) to be the pawn to use to scout the situation. who knows?

Heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Lubo isnt worth it to the KHL. He's not the caliber of player for it to be worth it for them to stick their necks out on the line. It's high risk and little reward.

If this was Kovalchuk, yeah maybe then you go to bat against the NHL for a young Russian superstar, but to go to war with the dominant hockey league on the planet for a 36 year old Slovak defenseman? Sorry, not buying it. Medvedev can't be that stupid.
I feel the same way.
High risk/little reward.

So, Medvedev can either:
Make things worse by allowing LV to play
Make things better by forcing LV to sit and/or report to the Isles.

What does Medvedev think he has to gain?

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
slovakfan*

this whole thing is just little puzzle in something bigger.

Screw Slovaks. but what about to hate Russians?
Oh, don't let NHL players play on Olympics in Russia.

Then what? What about to hate Americans?

Why to hate Lubo? he is just a puppet.
Mr. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin called it "Useful idiot". - I don't want to insult anyone. Just giving you my point of view. It is just my opinion. I am not telling I am right..

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
blitzkriegs

Puck daddy speculates that if the isles suspend LV than they are 1.3 mil over the cap floor.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:32 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
this whole thing is just little puzzle in something bigger.

Screw Slovaks. but what about to hate Russians?
Oh, don't let NHL players play on Olympics in Russia.

Then what? What about to hate Americans?

Why to hate Lubo? he is just a puppet.
Mr. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin called it "Useful idiot". - I don't want to insult anyone. Just giving you my point of view. It is just my opinion. I am not telling I am right..
It's just posturing and that's what committees do to each other to try to put pressure on them to "behave". When N. Korea fires a missile into the air when they have been told not to by the United Nations (an organization they are not part of) then the UN puts sanctions on them the best way they can like blocking trade or financial penalties on imports...things like that.

Luboff not reporting to the Isles is not the same as firing a dangerous missile into the sky, but the same set of actions play out. The KHL is warned about the verbal agreement they mage, and if they refuse to stick to their word the other hockey organizations may decide to punish them in any ways they possibly can. It's part of life.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
It's just posturing and that's what committees do to each other to try to put pressure on them to "behave". When N. Korea fires a missile into the air when they have been told not to by the United Nations (an organization they are not part of) then the UN puts sanctions on them the best way they can like blocking trade or financial penalties on imports...things like that.

Luboff not reporting to the Isles is not the same as firing a dangerous missile into the sky, but the same set of actions play out. The KHL is warned about the verbal agreement they mage, and if they refuse to stick to their word the other hockey organizations may decide to punish them in any ways they possibly can. It's part of life.
what I understand and I agree with is: It's part of life.
Do you want to know what: Illusion really is? youtube it !

Last edited by slovakfan*: 01-14-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: hint: yuri benzemov
slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
He's got to know that this would never fly and that the truth is, he's made this situation soooo much worse. If he's forced to play here, he's going to be HATED. Even if he's not trying to make it about the Isles, he's making us look like crap in front of the whole league. Now we'll see how far the KHL is willing to take this.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Heh

He will become your hero if he plays half of what he is showing in Slovan jersey this year

Old
01-14-2013, 04:42 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heh View Post
He will become your hero if he plays half of what he is showing in Slovan jersey this year

I'm pretty sure by attempting to void the trade and contract 3 times in the past 6 months, he will never be a hero to us. In fact, it is probably the complete opposite that there is little he can do to not become a villain.

13th Floor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

Kirk Muller

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Ronk

Would you guys be opposed to trading LuBo if it came down to it? I know that LA is now without Mitchell for an extended period of time. What would you be looking for if you were interested in moving him back to the west coast?

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves View Post
Kirk Muller
Yea, pretty much how I feel about this dbag now. Not the same level of hatred but I want no part of him. Even if he's forced to come here, healthy scratch him bc it sets a bad example in the locker room and makes the organization look even worse. This isn't some superstar and he's actually quite a huge baby. Stay in the lovely, beautiful Bratislava and enjoy nothing Long Island has to offer. Tool

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
Would you guys be opposed to trading LuBo if it came down to it? I know that LA is now without Mitchell for an extended period of time. What would you be looking for if you were interested in moving him back to the west coast?
Isles need a solid, top 4 established d-man.

They have a glut of prospects, so no picks/prospects/forwards.

Newsday has comments from today's training camp. Both Cappy and Snow made statements that make it clear, that they don't want their own inexperienced top youngsters learning on the job, in the 48 game rush. So, I don't see them wanting another team's inexperienced youngsters.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:37 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Trade him to Edmonton for a 7th rounder if he shows which I highly doubt at this point. I expect him to retire when he won't be allowed to play any more games in the KHL.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:54 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

But really, it has nothing to do with the Islanders.

I can't imagine him reporting at this point just because of the reception he'd get. If he does come, the question is, what will you do? I'd like to see a welcome back sign from this board.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:10 AM
steveat

I said last year the KHL is going to be a problem for the NHL in the future and everyone was a Naysayer..let me tell you..this is ONLY the beginning.

Next, they'll sign top draft picks to HUGE NO CAP contracts BEFORE we have a chance to draft them..come up..you're 16 and some dude says "hey, come play for us, we'll pay you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

Seriously..WHO is going to stop them? You can't...it's business and they do not play by NHL rules.

steveat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:04 AM
flemo

KHL refused to register Visnovsky's contract with Slovan Bratislava until he gets consent from Islanders. He will not play in next game.

Game over ?

flemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:08 AM
flemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Trade him to Edmonton for a 7th rounder if he shows which I highly doubt at this point. I expect him to retire when he won't be allowed to play any more games in the KHL.
He said several times to slovak newspapers, that he will go play for Islanders only if KHL does not allow him to play. No words about retirement recently.

flemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Tavaresfan91

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/sta...56617653809152
Staple says it could take 2-3 weeks to resolve because he has "personal issues" to tend to in Slovakia.

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:33 AM
tobu

As expected, Lubo's contract with Slovan was just suspended by KHL. He was on the pre-skate for today's game against Lev Prague, but will definitely miss it along with the rest of the KHL season. He'll be on his way to NYI soon.

tobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Zine

Regardless, KHL will not register his contract.

Link: http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...ss-s-nkhl.html

Brilliant business gamesmanship by Medvedev. He can now say "See, we honor agreements!",, yet he will have successfully stirred the pot in North America and strengthened the "Russian factor".

Last edited by Zine: 01-15-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post

Brilliant business gamesmanship by Medvedev. He can now say "See, we honor agreements!",, yet he will have successfully stirred the pot in North America and strengthened the "Russian factor".
and that j*rk Medvedev sh**ting into his own mouth: several days ago he assured Visna he could play for Slovan and that there was NO written agreement between the NHL and the KHL.
However, this is an expected end to the drama...

Old
01-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobu View Post
He was on the pre-skate for today's game against Lev Prague, but will definitely miss it along with the rest of the KHL season.
Not true at all; stop imagining things. On the contrary, the KHL statement says they will seek a compromise with the NHL so that Višňovský can finish his season in the KHL.

Quote:
He'll be on his way to NYI soon.
Baseless speculation, as Richie Dagger would say. On the contrary, the "99% reliable Staple" (well, except last weekend) has just tweeted that (paraphrasing) "Višňovský has personal issues to tend to in Slovakia and it may take 2-3 weeks before he reports to the Isles".

Faterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:53 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
As expected, Lubo's contract with Slovan was just suspended by KHL. He was on the pre-skate for today's game against Lev Prague, but will definitely miss it along with the rest of the KHL season. He'll be on his way to NYI soon.
Good. Now he needs to get his behind to North America or kiss his pro career goodbye.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Good. Now he needs to get his behind to North America or kiss his pro career goodbye.
or retire for this season, and return the next one never seeing the NHL again and good riddance... for both sides