HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Ottawa Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
that is a puzzling statement....his best players are healthy...and he did not recruite those guys....todd gill did two years ago...
Braves are on a roll but they are basically a one line team, when Gill was there they had a lot more depth. The top guys they have are left over from when he was actively involved. House will help for the rest of the season but they do not seem to have much left for next season.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:34 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
that is a puzzling statement....his best players are healthy...and he did not recruite those guys....todd gill did two years ago...
Actually Todd's assistant coaches did most of the recruiting during his tenure.

Braves will be a tough team to play in the playoffs

Old
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
gusfring

That Drouin trade paying early dividends for Nepean...

Old
01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Really? In what regard?

Or are you being sarcastic?

Last edited by ottawafan66: 01-13-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Really? In what regard?

Or are you being sarcastic?
The latter...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:11 PM
end2endrush

Does Blasko automatically get an assist if he's on the ice for a goal? Was just watching the goal highlights from their past few games and he clearly got quite a few phantoms. It's kind of a joke...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:17 PM
CoasttoCoast

CPC 4- Nepean 3

CPC completely dominated the first 2 periods. Game played in Nepean's end for 40 minutes, although CPC generated only a few good chances from all the pressure. CPC had a 4-1 lead after 2, CPC scored on a 5-3 PP and somehow got a breakaway goal on a normal looking 2 on 2 breakout?? Nepean came out in the third with a little fire and got a few bounces, but don't let the score fool you, this was CPC's game from the beginning. Very impressive 3 game winning streak over the top teams. No Norris or Lorica for Nepean. Zawadski was the best Raider. Good pace to the game, ref's let them play. Nepean got a new small defensemen from the states, Huff or Muff or something, looks like a skilled player, but with loss of Diaz, our defense has gotten smaller. Drouin looked average, but may be helpful on power-play.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Should be more diappointed with Durocher , he doesnt play like an NHL draft pick . Maybe the coaching he got in Gloucester ruined him .

Whats with PLK ?

Old
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
CPC 4- Nepean 3

CPC completely dominated the first 2 periods. Game played in Nepean's end for 40 minutes, although CPC generated only a few good chances from all the pressure. CPC had a 4-1 lead after 2, CPC scored on a 5-3 PP and somehow got a breakaway goal on a normal looking 2 on 2 breakout?? Nepean came out in the third with a little fire and got a few bounces, but don't let the score fool you, this was CPC's game from the beginning. Very impressive 3 game winning streak over the top teams. No Norris or Lorica for Nepean. Zawadski was the best Raider. Good pace to the game, ref's let them play. Nepean got a new small defensemen from the states, Huff or Muff or something, looks like a skilled player, but with loss of Diaz, our defense has gotten smaller. Drouin looked average, but may be helpful on power-play.

This is a pretty good assessment of the game which I also attended today. That CP line with Globke was pretty strong and pointstreak notes they have 14 points in their last three games againt Ottawa, Smiths Falls and the Raiders today. Having said that, it appears that JC was running four lines while we were tossing Dalen out almost every second shift.

On a positive - Zawadski was rock solid and kept the game close for our third period comeback. He made several outstanding glove saves and his rebound control was excellent. I don't know about others....but I got the feeling we just ran out of time at the end as CP was reeling in the third.

Lesson: you can't play one period of hockey and expect to win in this league and against any top team. Full marks to CP however in what was a playoff like effort and atmosphere today.

Looking forward to a full lineup for the Raiders in the future!

Old
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
Does Blasko automatically get an assist if he's on the ice for a goal? Was just watching the goal highlights from their past few games and he clearly got quite a few phantoms. It's kind of a joke...
It's the same in Cornwall with Pontarelli....

Old
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
CCHLinsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
It's the same in Cornwall with Pontarelli....
The same for Akeson & Maniccia in Smiths Falls
Hedges in Nepean
Quince in Cornwall

Old
01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

This is a pretty good assessment of the game which I also attended today. That CP line with Globke was pretty strong and pointstreak notes they have 14 points in their last three games againt Ottawa, Smiths Falls and the Raiders today. Having said that, it appears that JC was running four lines while we were tossing Dalen out almost every second shift.

On a positive - Zawadski was rock solid and kept the game close for our third period comeback. He made several outstanding glove saves and his rebound control was excellent. I don't know about others....but I got the feeling we just ran out of time at the end as CP was reeling in the third.

Lesson: you can't play one period of hockey and expect to win in this league and against any top team. Full marks to CP however in what was a playoff like effort and atmosphere today.

Looking forward to a full lineup for the Raiders in the future!
Havent been impessed with the new northern player at all. He may be the worst forward on Nepean in my opinion. Unlike the other poster above Durocher is one of the better players on the ice, he dominates at times and has even been backchecking in Nepean. CP did look dominate today .

Looks like Kemptvilles run came to an end today! Anyone at the game?

Old
01-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHLinsider View Post
The same for Akeson & Maniccia in Smiths Falls
Hedges in Nepean
Quince in Cornwall
Not sure about Maniccia but it is well known in SF that Akeson always tries to lobby for points when a goal is scored and he is on the ice. If he concentrated more on his defensive play, SF might be a better team!!!

Old
01-14-2013, 10:21 AM
hardfacts

If anyone doubted CPC defence....well they have to shake their head....15 shots against vs Ottawa...17 shots against vs Bears....17 shots against vs Raiders....

PLK...was one of the worst games i have been to in a couple of years....still wondering why SK would give up Crocock and Drouin....

Old
01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
gusfring

Quote:

PLK...was one of the worst games i have been to in a couple of years....still wondering why SK would give up Crocock and Drouin....
Crocock asked to be moved and as for Drouin, I believe he was in the lineup when PLK gave up 6 and 7 to Cumberland last week.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Crocock asked to be moved and as for Drouin, I believe he was in the lineup when PLK gave up 6 and 7 to Cumberland last week.
So Drouin wasn't the problem in Pembroke. Any idea why Milito isn't playing?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
So Drouin wasn't the problem in Pembroke. Any idea why Milito isn't playing?
Injured. Should be back in a few weeks, I hear.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:41 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
If anyone doubted CPC defence....well they have to shake their head....15 shots against vs Ottawa...17 shots against vs Bears....17 shots against vs Raiders....

Theres a difference between the defense holding them to that little of shots and the team trapping up for 3 periods, i cant see them pulling that off in nepean or ottawas barns.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
hockieguy

Quote:
Injured. Should be back in a few weeks, I hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Are you suggesting that Byron, Butler or Lussier was a problem in KV
I didn't say that all three were a problem in KV. I said that there was a problem "on the ice" with one of them. Actually, from what I heard, all three are good guys etc. But, if many of the scratches, 3rd and 4th line guys felt that the one kid was played way too much, with not great stats to back that much icetime.

Also, i hope that someone on KV has a chat with Seether and TELL him stop stop sulking and play the game. I have been to 4 or 5 games where he looks like a spoiled bratt if he gets knocked off the puck or someone doesn't pass to him. Time for him to grow up a little.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
hockieguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Havent been impessed with the new northern player at all. He may be the worst forward on Nepean in my opinion. Unlike the other poster above Durocher is one of the better players on the ice, he dominates at times and has even been backchecking in Nepean. CP did look dominate today .

Looks like Kemptvilles run came to an end today! Anyone at the game?
I was at the game. As soon as the team went down by two goals, Malloy shortened the bench and ran with two lines again. They did run into some penalty problems as well, but when there is no chance of making the playoffs, play your entire line and evaluate and see who can actually play.....

Old
01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Theres a difference between the defense holding them to that little of shots and the team trapping up for 3 periods, i cant see them pulling that off in nepean or ottawas barns.
They did it at showcase against ottawa and held them to 15 shots......and they played on Olympic ice....they also did it to Smiths falls on NHL ice....so I dont really get your point?

Old
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post
I didn't say that all three were a problem in KV. I said that there was a problem "on the ice" with one of them. Actually, from what I heard, all three are good guys etc. But, if many of the scratches, 3rd and 4th line guys felt that the one kid was played way too much, with not great stats to back that much icetime.

Also, i hope that someone on KV has a chat with Seether and TELL him stop stop sulking and play the game. I have been to 4 or 5 games where he looks like a spoiled bratt if he gets knocked off the puck or someone doesn't pass to him. Time for him to grow up a little.
That is why JC probably traded the kid....leopard always shows his true spots sooner or later....

Old
01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
I my opinion....so what if kid asked for trade.......and if that is the case..at least trade for something in return that will help our team...its not like we were in 8th spot....we were in 4th spot at the trade deadline....just my opinion....

Old
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
I was at the game. As soon as the team went down by two goals, Malloy shortened the bench and ran with two lines again. They did run into some penalty problems as well, but when there is no chance of making the playoffs, play your entire line and evaluate and see who can actually play.....
I watched the game on-line, certainly did not see any shortening of the bench to 2 lines, IMO9 or 10 forwards played more from about midway thru the second but PK & PP probably got in the way of the others playing.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

He is a 17 year old kid, by definition he has a lot of growing up to do as do many other 17 year olds in the league, these kids go from being the stars on thier minor hockey to junior where not evrything goes thier way. Not all mature at he same time, often they do not even understand the message they are sending with thier body language....give the KID a break, there have been lots of players that playing in CP has not worked out for.

Closed Thread