HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[EDM/DAL] Mark Fistric for 2013 3rd Round Pick (MOD WARNING POST 255)

Old
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
what the hell dallas?

anyways good trade for edmonton fistric is a tank
I guess they figured they were gonna lose him for nothing at the end of this season and got some value out of him.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post
As an oilers fan I'm really happy with this move, our defense is now no where near as bad as many people think.
Petry- Smid
J. Schultz- N. Schultz
Whitney- Fistric
still pretty bad, but if schultz turns out to be as good as people think, you guys can make the playoffs.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
still pretty bad, but if schultz turns out to be as good as people think, you guys can make the playoffs.
How's that pretty bad? If Whitney rebounds then I believe they have a chance to have a top 10 D core in the league

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Love how people who have no idea the Star's D situation crucifying us for getting an asset out of an impending UFA #6/7 D-man.

I like Fistric a lot, but this wasn't a bad move by the Stars. Solid trade for both sides.
I haven't read a single post that "crucifies" Dallas for trading Fistric.
A few have questioned if Dallas could have gotten more for him than a 3rd round pick. You make it sound like everyone is saying this is a robbery by Edmonton and the Stars defense is nothing without him. Which is completely untrue. I believe another poster addressed your comment already and nailed it!

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Elever
Hth

I see Fistric as more of a 7th D because he can't be used in all situations however when he is used he's better than a 7th D.

Slow skater, not good against fast teams however very physical in other situations, probably explains why he played 60 games last season and not 82.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:14 PM
FrailSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I guess they figured they were gonna lose him for nothing at the end of this season and got some value out of him.
We were going to let him walk***

So this was good for us.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:16 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Take it from me, Fistric is worthless. This is a guy who couldn't consistently beat out the likes of Jeff Woywitka and Adam Pardy for ice time. Joe performed some kind of Jedi mind trick to get a 3rd for him.
Nice Opinion!

Opinion: a view or judgement formed about something, not based on fact or knowledge:

Now the Facts:
He was a 2+ min/GM PK dman with top pairing pk numbers.
A 3rd comp pairing Dman.
With physical front net play.
who stays back so offensive dmen can play.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Edmonton has made some fine moves as of late. If they fail to make the post-season, then that is a HUGE fail, imho.

TOML
Yup, acquiring a 5th, or 6th guy is really the way to make, or miss the playoffs...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
How's that pretty bad? If Whitney rebounds then I believe they have a chance to have a top 10 D core in the league
It's average, not top 10. Whitneys health is huge though, most important member of the dcore by far.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Smart trade for the Oilers. Can't believe Fistric was given up so cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Great move by the oil. I am surprised that it was a 3rd. I would have thought that Dallas could have gotten more for him. As previous posters said, this is a classy move by GMJN to send him to Edmonton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Just a 3rd rounder?

Bang-up job, Joe.

TOML
Seems to be a popular sentiment..

Fistric is a UFA after this season, and wasn't given much responsibility last season. A 3rd is pretty good for a guy that the Stars were only going to get part of a partial season out of.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBoards View Post
Seems to be a popular sentiment..

Fistric is a UFA after this season, and wasn't given much responsibility last season. A 3rd is pretty good for a guy that the Stars were only going to get part of a partial season out of.
Exactly, at least they got something for him. Not sure many GM's would be lining up to trade a second for an upcoming UFA (who it sounds like wanted to play in Edmonton, who knows if he would even re-sign anywhere else)

Old
01-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Heista18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
he doesn't really play d at all, to be honest. He just tries to throw hits and ends up missing and being out of position 95% of the time.
lmao

Heista18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Heista18*

Quote:
Buddy that's not pretty bad, that's horribad. Top 10 joke for sure.

Heista18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:28 PM
hlaverty06

Haven't you all figured it out? No matter what Edmonton does it'll make them playoff contenders. fistric = top 10 D in league and playoffs.

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Puritania
Frig off, Rick.

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Haven't you all figured it out? No matter what Edmonton does it'll make them playoff contenders. fistric = top 10 D in league and playoffs.
Yeah, we're all just expecting to dominate the league now with our third pairing pickup cuz one guy says our D is top 10.

Flame on chief.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
StarsCaptainOU

I always liked Fistric more than the Stars did. Sucks to see him go but it was the right move to make room for younger and better players coming up. I will definitely miss his hip checks.

StarsCaptainOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
nope. just nope. we would not be a top 10 core D in the league. not a smart comment, and i'm an oilers fan.

realistically, we'd be right around half, and thats if everything goes right....

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 835
I don't know how Fistric is the deciding line between playoffs and not for Edmonton, however it is nice to see Tambellini adress a weakness and to do it at fair value. I still don't see the Oilers making the playoffs as an oiler fan, we should have meaningful game in late march however.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Great replacement for Sutton! 3rd rounder, what a great price.

I've been watching him since he was drafted by the Giants. Love this kid. This is exactly what I asked for before the season started. A tough, physical 3rd pairing d-man.

Now we're ready.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
The Oilers are cup favorites with this move. Adding a future Norris candidate is huge for any team.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
What????

I'm an Oiler fan and even I know that comment is hilarious. We are not top 10.....we aren't even top 15.

We lack a #1 dman......we have some decent #2-7 or #3-7 but need that true elite #1

Smid - #2 or #3
Whitney - #3 (if he is fully recovered then might revert back to #2)
Petry - #4
J. Schultz - #5 (as he gains experience he will become better and be better than #5 but right now he is probably a #5. Will have his moments where he is great but will struggle at other times)
N. Schultz - #4 or #5
Fistric - #6
Peckham - #6 or #7
Potter - #7

If we could somehow add Subban () our D would look pretty good

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
rschile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
Agree 100%. I was secretly hoping they would have landed Tootoo. Not sure who else is out there that fits the desired mold.

And before I get slammed for Tootoo, watched him a fair amount in Brandon and just loved his motor (also he is fearless).
I remember tootoo in the dub lol he was like famous and his number was 22 i thought that was cool when brandon would come visit and whenever we scored tootoo would go straight to centre ice and wait for the next faceoff while our team celebrated he was like really angry or something, i would want him on my team.

Anyways, i'm gonna miss the 5 big hits a year Fistric deals out but other than that he was a healthy scratch like half the time because he cant play against good teams or somethin, i loved when he played the oilers i thought he was gonna take a boys head off and almost did.

rschile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:59 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
While the Oilers have yet to acquire a defenseman that has earned the right to a disgusting amount of money (Bouwmeester, Weber, Phaneuf, Pronger....), their top-6 right now has the potential to get them into the postseason if all goes well.

There are definitely numerous question marks there and for someone who doesn't watch 82 Oiler games a season, it's pretty easy to write them off.

Smid - Petry
Whitney - J Schultz
Fistric - N Schultz

While, on paper, that's not Top 10 (or even Top 20), there is a massive potential for growth in that Top 6. A bounce back year from Whitney, a solid year of growth from Petry and an expected breakout from Justin Schultz could change everyone's view of the Oilers' defense.

As for Fistric? We expect him to crush people.

They'll do fine.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
I'd say it's pretty average. essentially 5 second pairing defenseman and a #6.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Exactly, bruh, Oilers are the greatest team of all time after acquiring third pairing d-man, Mark Fistric. You are the most excellent, enlightening poster on HFBoards, thank the lord that you're here to entertain us with your quick wit and spectacular humor!

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote