HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Ottawa Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
I my opinion....so what if kid asked for trade.......and if that is the case..at least trade for something in return that will help our team...its not like we were in 8th spot....we were in 4th spot at the trade deadline....just my opinion....
SK rarely trades a non ODHA player within the league (ODHA players have to clear waivers first), does not want them to come back to haunt him. Plus based upon what I seen of the player's on ice play his reputation (playing TCE...all star game...) probably meant he was worth more outside the league than to those inside the league.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:35 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
That is why JC probably traded the kid....leopard always shows his true spots sooner or later....
Wrong. Seatter requested the trade.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Showing the same signs that go him into the dog house in CP

Old
01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
I watched the game on-line, certainly did not see any shortening of the bench to 2 lines, IMO9 or 10 forwards played more from about midway thru the second but PK & PP probably got in the way of the others playing.
I agree. All lines rolled. If anything he should have shortenend the bench!! Also, KV goaltenting is absolutely disheartening!!

Old
01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post
I didn't say that all three were a problem in KV. I said that there was a problem "on the ice" with one of them. Actually, from what I heard, all three are good guys etc. But, if many of the scratches, 3rd and 4th line guys felt that the one kid was played way too much, with not great stats to back that much icetime.

Also, i hope that someone on KV has a chat with Seether and TELL him stop stop sulking and play the game. I have been to 4 or 5 games where he looks like a spoiled bratt if he gets knocked off the puck or someone doesn't pass to him. Time for him to grow up a little.
Quote:
He is a 17 year old kid, by definition he has a lot of growing up to do as do many other 17 year olds in the league, these kids go from being the stars on thier minor hockey to junior where not evrything goes thier way. Not all mature at he same time, often they do not even understand the message they are sending with thier body language....give the KID a break, there have been lots of players that playing in CP has not worked out for.
I think Hockieguy has a point. Sure he's 17, but he's not talking only about CP. Take a look at him in KV. He does seem to have an attitude and frankly it doesn't seem to change regardless of who he is playing with!

Old
01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
They did it at showcase against ottawa and held them to 15 shots......and they played on Olympic ice....they also did it to Smiths falls on NHL ice....so I dont really get your point?
Agree! Solid D

Old
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
They did it at showcase against ottawa and held them to 15 shots......and they played on Olympic ice....they also did it to Smiths falls on NHL ice....so I dont really get your point?
Nope ottawa outshot them and won in the showcase....i didnt see the smith falls game but i was just going off their last outing

Old
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
BackBringCam

Anything to the rumour of OJ and Central combining next season?

Old
01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Probably because JC would not put up with the body language and attitude that seems to be happening in kemptville...from what the posters are putting up...

Old
01-14-2013, 08:39 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
SK rarely trades a non ODHA player within the league (ODHA players have to clear waivers first), does not want them to come back to haunt him. Plus based upon what I seen of the player's on ice play his reputation (playing TCE...all star game...) probably meant he was worth more outside the league than to those inside the league.
My point exactly....so why no player in return...or at least futures.....

Old
01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Nope ottawa outshot them and won in the showcase....i didnt see the smith falls game but i was just going off their last outing
Never said they out shot them....but they did hold them to 15 shots on Olympic ice....

Old
01-14-2013, 10:18 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Never said they out shot them....but they did hold them to 15 shots on Olympic ice....
I believe it was 21, and cp only mustered 16...

Old
01-15-2013, 07:07 AM
specialteams

CCHL Player of the Week

Tony House @Tisinthehouse tweeted Alex Globke CP Canadians POW - good week 7 pts and selected 1st star in all 3 games against SF, Ottawa and Nepean. Honourable Mention Yannick Crete (SF) and Matt Zawadzki (Nep)

Old
01-15-2013, 07:23 AM
hockieguy

Quote:
Probably because JC would not put up with the body language and attitude that seems to be happening in kemptville...from what the posters are putting up...

At a Jr. A level there is no excuse to act like a sulking bratt. At some point, someone on his team is going to say something, and sometimes that doesn't end up being pretty. Maybe the coach, captains should say something to the kid before it gets out of hand.

This has been the kids problem before, and its showing up again. Nobody will want to play with him if he keeps this up.

As far as shortening the bench, at this point in the season, there is no point. Whether it be PP, PK, or even strength. DEVELOPE your team for next year. KV has 20 something scrimmages left this season to prepare for next year. Get everyone time on the "specialty" units so they can learn them. Imagine, having a half a dozen players next year that are capable to contribute on the specialty teams.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:43 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
At a Jr. A level there is no excuse to act like a sulking bratt. At some point, someone on his team is going to say something, and sometimes that doesn't end up being pretty. Maybe the coach, captains should say something to the kid before it gets out of hand.

This has been the kids problem before, and its showing up again. Nobody will want to play with him if he keeps this up.

As far as shortening the bench, at this point in the season, there is no point. Whether it be PP, PK, or even strength. DEVELOPE your team for next year. KV has 20 something scrimmages left this season to prepare for next year. Get everyone time on the "specialty" units so they can learn them. Imagine, having a half a dozen players next year that are capable to contribute on the specialty teams.
And you know this how?

Old
01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
dirk

CCHl Alumni

Quick question....I've been reading alot of updates on CCHL Alumni lately...does anyone know what happened to Andrew Crepin?. I thought he was at UAH but I dont see him on the roster..

Old
01-15-2013, 07:52 AM
PK19

Quote:

Body language don't lie got hit by Hawks AP #55 hard a couple of time and arms to side looking at ref and slow skate back to bench

Old
01-15-2013, 07:55 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK19 View Post
Body language don't lie got hit by Hawks AP #55 hard a couple of time and arms to side looking at ref and slow skate back to bench
And he's the only player acting this way? I don't think so. Anyway, he's got 12 points in 13 games with Kemptville. They probably aren't complaining too much.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
hockieguy

Quote:
And you know this how?
Do you think this is the fierst time, at any level that we have seen this kid? AND body language doesn't lie as the previous poster stated.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
hockieguy

Quote:
And he's the only player acting this way? I don't think so. Anyway, he's got 12 points in 13 games with Kemptville. They probably aren't complaining too much.
Maybe the coach isn't complaining, but ask the other players and you may get a surprise answer.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Quick question....I've been reading alot of updates on CCHL Alumni lately...does anyone know what happened to Andrew Crepin?. I thought he was at UAH but I dont see him on the roster..
I think he left UAH (Alabama-Huntsville)after one year and came home, and is playing CIS, not sure why I think that. When UAH announced they were shutting down their program, players were given a chance to transfer to another NCAA program, without penalty, several players did. But something tells me Creppin ended up in CIS.
Note. UAH reversed their decision to shut down program and will find out in the next few weeks if the new WCHA will accept them into their conference for next year.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:02 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Do you think this is the fierst time, at any level that we have seen this kid? AND body language doesn't lie as the previous poster stated.
And as I stated previously....he's hardly the only one out there. Keep hating.....a 17 year old.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:16 AM
ottawa pro
Rookie User

Wonder how coach SM is going to get PLK PLAY TONIGHT? They need win.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:28 AM
hockieguy

Quote:
And as I stated previously....he's hardly the only one out there. Keep hating.....a 17 year old.
Why do you beleive that that is hating a 17 yr old? What I am talking about is a player and how their behaviour is affecting his play and how it may be affecting the other players around him. Mearly an observation. No hate implied what so ever.

For Example: He was hit pretty hard against Haweksbury, and sulked his way to the bench. By the time he got there, the Hawks were up the ice and had two shots on goal. Now, do you think the guy waiting to go on doesn't notice this? If you don't think so, then you may want to think again.

Whether or not there are other players isn't the point either, it is wrong to do. His "sulking" is very obvious to people in the crowd.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

I am not sure why everyone is getting all over a 17 year old kid on the last place team for some lack of maturity, big deal and who cares, if you are not in the change room you have no idea if it it is bothering team so why bother commenting on it. If you are in the change room then you should not be commenting on here. Leave the kid alone, if it is bothering the team one of the players or coaches will say something, for all we know they already have.

Like I said and another poster said, lines were basically rolled for almost the whole game Sunday. This is junior hockey, not minor hockey, coaches rarely just play everyone equal whether it is the 1st place or last place team, there are some kids more suited to some roles than others, it does not take 20 games to figure out. If a player is getting relatively equal icetime 5 on 5 that is better than most players would get anywhere else in junior hockey.

No where does it say the best way to develop a team/players is to play everyone equal, all players develop differently and not all players are suited to play in every situation. To me it would probably make sense to ensure that players who show an aptitude to PP and PK play more in those situations in order to develop at it and be ready to start the next season off stronger in those areas. Even 5 on 5, I am not sure what would be achieved by putting your weakest players out against the others teams top lines, tonight Kemptville plays Brockville who has what is arguably the top line in the league and some nights they play them for 25 to 30 minutes per game, if a player gets consistently outmatched then thier confidence can be destroyed. It could be the case that non of thier lines will be able to stop Brockville's top line but I think it is safe to say that some players have a better chance at being successful doing it than others. I am not saying sit your weaker guys on the bench all the time but use some common sense and do a little line matching to help guys have some success while they are on the ice, getting consistently outplayed does not help you develop either.

I do agree that there were times that this team overplayed certain players, however in the few games I have seen since the trade with SF this has not been the case, if anything the icetime has been almost equal 5 on 5. I can definitely see a difference.

Closed Thread