HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Ugh why was I up at 1:30.. I'm falling asleep at work.

01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your avatar Hammer Slammer! Creative!

Old
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your avatar Hammer Slammer! Creative!
Check the site I posted at the end of the last page, it has TONS of these. I killed most of last night checking them out.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Check the site I posted at the end of the last page, it has TONS of these. I killed most of last night checking them out.
Awesome, will check it out. Thanks.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Why is Shaw trying to tell me TSN Jets is unavailable in Selkirk? I had it all of last year yet they're saying I didn't... I'm pretty sure I would know. Just ridiculous trying to work with these people sometimes.

edit: Well I got that solved, apparently they don't have an agreement yet on TSN Jets so it's not available for pickup as a channel. If anyone has Shaw Direct I suggest you put yourself on their list for a callback as soon as they get pricing and info on TSN Jets.

Last edited by Winnipeg Jets: 01-14-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Is there anyway to change settings, so that it doesn't block you from viewing curse words?

Old
01-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Is there anyway to change settings, so that it doesn't block you from viewing curse words?
No sir. Obscenity filter is set in stone.

01-14-2013, 05:41 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I can't decide if I should do Burmistrov or Ponikarovsky or Antropov next for stat breakdown... first person to reply can tell me which one...

Old
01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I can't decide if I should do Burmistrov or Ponikarovsky or Antropov next for stat breakdown... first person to reply can tell me which one...
Poni

Old
01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

I absolutely hate my mother.

I'm using Jillian Michael's site to get me to eat healthier as a start to losing weight because nothing is working. I want to cook my own food and not eat what her and the fat man (my dad; who has ballooned since he quit smoking 4 years ago) consider good food. I love food and I love trying new kinds of food. I'm not scared of anything and have quite the palate. This is moving me in the right direction as I'm not ready to go to a gym (and the two that are close to me in Transcona are both co-ed). I'm going to take the dog out for walks more, use the weights I bought, do at home yoga and build up from there. But nope, she's being a bully about it saying it's not about healthier food it's just the junk you eat that you need to cut down on and exercise and get a personal trainer that will show you how to count calories, etc. She eats more junk then me. I'm not ready to do it that way and she doesn't get it. I really wish I could afford to move out because I really hate living with a bully.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:27 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post

I'm using Jillian Michael's site to get me to eat healthier as a start to losing weight because nothing is working. I want to cook my own food and not eat what her and the fat man (my dad; who has ballooned since he quit smoking 4 years ago) consider good food. I love food and I love trying new kinds of food. I'm not scared of anything and have quite the palate. This is moving me in the right direction as I'm not ready to go to a gym (and the two that are close to me in Transcona are both co-ed). I'm going to take the dog out for walks more, use the weights I bought, do at home yoga and build up from there. But nope, she's being a bully about it saying it's not about healthier food it's just the junk you eat that you need to cut down on and exercise and get a personal trainer that will show you how to count calories, etc. She eats more junk then me. I'm not ready to do it that way and she doesn't get it. I really wish I could afford to move out because I really hate living with a bully.
If I sound wishywashy please forgive me.

Food, nutrition, exercise and health are huge interests for me and a lot of the schooling I take is geared towards it even though I'm in both the biology and chemistry faculties not the food, nutrition and health faculty.

You probably now all this but just wanted to give some support. Health is greyscale, not black and white, and it can be thought of as a journey. No one lives in perfect health or perfect "unhealth". What you are doing is great! Health is all about improving your life overall and the best way to improve health is something that is longterm and do-able.

Eating healthier and improving your activity levels with fun things like dog walks and yoga are huge and awesome. Totally great place to build from, I agree.

Wish you all the luck. Just remember when your mother tries to tell you what is best:
The best thing you can do is something you actually do.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:28 PM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Quote:

Hang in there. Sounds like you have some really good self-start ideas. That bullying might just be problems with your mom's own self esteem...hate is a strong emotion for family.

Save the hate for the other teams . You have friends in here...good luck on your journey

Old
01-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm a personal trainer so I feel as though I should chime in here.

Food is absolutely important, it is 80% of your results and will determine how fast or slow your results come. Obviously cutting down on junk food in general is a big part, but at the same time you need to supply your body with the healthy nutrients it needs while meeting your daily macro nutrients (carbs, protein, fat).

Combine that with a solid exercise program and you will see rapid results. It's all about finding what works for you whether it be spin classes, body pump, at home workouts like p90x and Insanity (Insanity maniac myself, absolutely love it and already completed the 60 day workout, as well as the 30 day Insanity: Asylum volume 1 and Volume 2 programs).

But I digress...

Find out what works for you, and the most important thing I have to tell my clients is to not give up. It happens to everyone everyday, the most important thing is to keep moving, keep yourself motivated and you will get to where you want to be.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:45 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Hang in there. Sounds like you have some really good self-start ideas. That bullying might just be problems with your mom's own self esteem...hate is a strong emotion for family.

Save the hate for the other teams . You have friends in here...good luck on your journey
Well, I don't hate her. I hate her bullying of me. It doesn't make me feel good which makes me not want to meet people and I'm almost 28. Time to meet someone and settle down and have a family. And maybe some more people I can hang out with.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Yo Lynk, what's your best advice for adding weight?

I'm 6'2" and lucky to hit 160 on a good day. I can literally just not put on weight.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:

I'm 6'2" and lucky to hit 160 on a good day. I can literally just not put on weight.
Be happy with it!

How old are you? Your metabolism is bound to slow down. I used to be skinny as hell, now I play hockey 3-4X a week and work out 3X just to stay at 180 lbs. (also 6'2")

Old
01-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:

There's not a secret science to gaining weight my dude, it's all about eating roughly every 2-3 hours and making sure you're training the right way in the gym. Even if you're young with a fast metabolism you can still have gains.

Some things I've told clients who were looking to bulk and add weight are:

-Double up on food. Let's say if you're having 1 chicken breast for dinner, make it 2. If you're toasting 1 piece of bread at breakfast, make it 2 etc etc etc.

-Make sure you're having post workout nutrition. This is the best time when your body will suck up any calories you provide it, so try to get in a calorie, protein and carb rich drink right after training.

-Eating calorie dense foods. Good, high-calorie dense foods include peanuts, peanut butter, raw oats, lean red meat, bagels, and dried fruit. The more of these you can include in your diet, the faster you'll see results.

-Tracking your diet. You don't want to be consuming too much to the point when you'll be packing on lbs of fat. I've seen it far too often when guys say they're "bulking" so they dummy McDonalds for dinner as an excuse.

-Weight training will make things a lot easier. If you are doing it already then good, you'll want to train for hypertrophy (muscle growth) which means you want to stick to sets of 8 reps with 4 second negatives. So basically each set should last about 40 seconds total (1 second positive, 4 second negative for 8 reps = 40 seconds).

Put all these things together and your body will start to increase in size as well as new muscle growth.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Be happy with it!

How old are you? Your metabolism is bound to slow down. I used to be skinny as hell, now I play hockey 3-4X a week and work out 3X just to stay at 180 lbs. (also 6'2")
I'm 22. My metabolism is retarded.

I just feel ridiculously skinny.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:54 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:

What I found worked for better than changing what I ate was how much I ate. Portion control was what I need. Plus I stuck to a rule of no carbonated drinks (especially beer).

Old
01-15-2013, 08:34 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:

Wait. I was 6'1" and about 175 for the longest time. Then I hit my thirties, started my career in earnest and didn't have time to be exercising every day for 2-3 hours (or more). I also had a crap diet because I never gained a pound so didn't care about what I ate (big mistake). Then my metabolism changed, got a job at a desk most of the time and suddenly I found out that food sticks. And it won't come off easily at all.

Take Lynk's advice but eat well if only to develop good habits later when you'll find that it's losing, not gaining that becomes the issue. I do have a friend that's about forty that's still rail thin, so maybe your metabolism won't do what it does to the rest of us.

Stoopid beer should be calorie free.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:

We should split the averages of our metabolisms, likely then both of us would be happy, lol.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
We should split the averages of our metabolisms, likely then both of us would be happy, lol.
That's what everyone tells me.

Wish I could.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Tombsy

Any one have a wallpaper with January schedule on it?

Old
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:

It certainly is more difficult when you're not able to prepare your own meals.

Starting workouts at home is a good way to go about it. What I would suggest though is soon as you feel a bit more confident (which is probably sooner than you think) is to sign up for some sort of class/activity or join a group. Turn your exercise sessions into a social event, where you have peers that push and support you. A different environment from your home, which doesn't sound like a very supportive atmosphere (though I'm sure they love you, sometimes parents just don't have a frickin clue how to support their child's endeavours). Getting into supportive environments is what has kept me going for the last 15 years or so.

I was kind of an overweight kid in college, never athletic. (5'8 and a very soft 200lbs). I started working on things at home. Small workouts, and making a few diet changes. After I built some confidence up I started to go to the gym, making friends, becoming a 'regular'. Joined a martial arts club, a running club years later. Since then I've earned a black sash in kung-fu, and have ran 3 full marathons and many half-marathons.

And you can still love your food. Food is awesome. If there's two things I really appreciate in this world is 1) food and 2) the human body. I'm not talking about appearance, so much as what it's capable of. Your body is capable of fun, amazing things if you take care of it. The most useful and fun toy/tool you will ever own. (well aside from your brain maybe)

Old
01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Well said.

Closed Thread