HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose & Pittsburgh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 05:39 PM
  #1
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
San Jose & Pittsburgh

San Jose: Simon Després, Tyler Kennedy, Ben Lovejoy, 2nd round pick

Pittsburgh: Ryane Clowe, Douglas Murray, 3rd round pick

Thoughts???

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
  #2
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Value is good, but I'm pretty sure San Jose are only interested in a fast/skilled winger.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
  #3
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Value is good, but I'm pretty sure San Jose are only interested in a fast/skilled winger.
Kennedy is pretty fast and has scored 20 before.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
  #4
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
No interest in trading for defense.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
  #5
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Kennedy is pretty fast and has scored 20 before.
You're right, we'll see how Sharks fans will react to the trade.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:02 PM
  #6
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Trade makes SJ worse now but slightly better in the future, so I wouldn't do it. How about just something around Murray for Kennedy?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
  #7
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Trade makes SJ worse now but slightly better in the future, so I wouldn't do it. How about just something around Murray for Kennedy?
Ultimately, we still need a guy on either Sid or Geno's wing and thats why the upgrade of Clowe would have been great.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
  #8
Vujtek
Registered User
 
Vujtek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Trade makes SJ worse now but slightly better in the future, so I wouldn't do it. How about just something around Murray for Kennedy?
Pens have too many bodies on D as it is so that wouldn't really work for them.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
  #9
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Also with this proposal I thought it might be beneficial for the sharks to get a little younger as well in the long run.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
  #10
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
The problem with this trade is that it doesn't really help us right now. Clowe>>Kennedy, and the rest is a moot point. The pick is a better pick, but still only really between 55 an 60. Lovejoy is another downgrade on Murray for the #7 spot, although that's not a sticking point. I like Despres as a talent but I've done my homework on pretty much every team in the NHL and I know why Pens fans have suddenly soured on him.

Clowe can't go purely for a third line winger. He goes either for a better-fitting 2nd liner, or he goes for a good #3C.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
  #11
Vujtek
Registered User
 
Vujtek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The problem with this trade is that it doesn't really help us right now. Clowe>>Kennedy, and the rest is a moot point. The pick is a better pick, but still only really between 55 an 60. Lovejoy is another downgrade on Murray for the #7 spot, although that's not a sticking point. I like Despres as a talent but I've done my homework on pretty much every team in the NHL and I know why Pens fans have suddenly soured on him.

Clowe can't go purely for a third line winger. He goes either for a better-fitting 2nd liner, or he goes for a good #3C.
Soured on the guy Bylsma is planning on lining up on the 1st pairing next to Letang on the season opener?

We still think very highly of Despres. Atleast I do.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:41 PM
  #12
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
Soured on the guy Bylsma is planning on lining up on the 1st pairing next to Letang on the season opener?

We still think very highly of Despres. Atleast I do.
Exactly, the main reason I put him in the deal is that you have to give to get. I really thought people would see that this kid is going to be a very good to special defense men.

Where exactly do you get this "people soured on him" from?!

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
  #13
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The problem with this trade is that it doesn't really help us right now. Clowe>>Kennedy, and the rest is a moot point. The pick is a better pick, but still only really between 55 an 60. Lovejoy is another downgrade on Murray for the #7 spot, although that's not a sticking point. I like Despres as a talent but I've done my homework on pretty much every team in the NHL and I know why Pens fans have suddenly soured on him.

Clowe can't go purely for a third line winger. He goes either for a better-fitting 2nd liner, or he goes for a good #3C.
Also Kennedy's 2010-11 season was almost exactly that of Clowe's last season. 45 & 48 points.

You get younger and faster with basically the same level of production point wise.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
  #14
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Also Kennedy's 2010-11 season was almost exactly that of Clowe's last season. 45 & 48 points.

You get younger and faster with basically the same level of production point wise.
Except it isn't. Do you not see the obvious flaw in comparing Kennedy's career year to Clowe's most recent season?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:57 PM
  #15
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Except it isn't. Do you not see the obvious flaw in comparing Kennedy's career year to Clowe's most recent season?
Yeah, but kennedy was injured for most of last year. I wasn't trying to skew facts / stats.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
  #16
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Where exactly do you get this "people soured on him" from?!
Nevermind, apparently a bad report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Yeah, but kennedy was injured for most of last year. I wasn't trying to skew facts / stats.
So was Clowe... The fact is Clowe is much, much better than Kennedy.

Anyway, it's a no from SJ.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
  #17
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
San Jose: Simon Després, Tyler Kennedy, Ben Lovejoy, 2nd round pick

Pittsburgh: Ryane Clowe, Douglas Murray, 3rd round pick

Thoughts???
We don't need defenseman and as Jux said we will only trade Clowe for a faster similarly skilled player like a Drew Stafford or for a very good 3C like Dave Bolland.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #18
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We don't need defenseman and as Jux said we will only trade Clowe for a faster similarly skilled player like a Drew Stafford or for a very good 3C like Dave Bolland.
Any interest in Dustin Jeffery?

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #19
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,365
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
San Jose: Simon Després, Tyler Kennedy, Ben Lovejoy, 2nd round pick

Pittsburgh: Ryane Clowe, Douglas Murray, 3rd round pick

Thoughts???
Sharks don't need D like Despres.

Can we replace Despres for Jeffrey? Jeffrey fits our needs much better than Despres.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:20 PM
  #20
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Sharks don't need D like Despres.

Can we replace Despres for Jeffrey? Jeffrey fits our needs much better than Despres.
hehe just posted that above! Would do that deal no problem.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:21 PM
  #21
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Sharks don't need D like Despres.

Can we replace Despres for Jeffrey? Jeffrey fits our needs much better than Despres.
Pens: Clowe, Murray, 3rd

SJ: Kennedy, Jeffery, 2nd? I'd still include BLJ if needed / wanted

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
  #22
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Any interest in Dustin Jeffery?
He isn't a Dave Bolland caliber 3C. You want Clowe? Then we want Sutter.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:24 PM
  #23
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
He isn't a Dave Bolland caliber 3C. You want Clowe? Then we want Sutter.
I'm trying to give to get here man, but how do you see they are equal value, when you look at age, length of term on deal, cap hit etc etc.

Get real.

PS - to be fair to Jeffery he hasn't been really given a chance in his time in Pittsburgh, with his injuries and Disco being a moron half the time.


Last edited by ObsessedCreative: 01-14-2013 at 07:30 PM.
ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  #24
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
I'm trying to give to get here man, but how do you see they are equal value, when you look at age, length of term on deal, cap hit etc etc.

Get real.
Adding Jeffrey and Kennedy for Clowe doesn't help us. Clowe for Sutter helps us.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
  #25
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Adding Jeffrey and Kennedy for Clowe doesn't help us. Clowe for Sutter helps us.
Yeah and adding a guy like Ryan for kennedy would help us, but it doesn't mean that the value and trade is fair.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.