HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miikka Kiprusoff

Old
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

vCash: 500
Miikka Kiprusoff

As an Oil fan I have seen Kiprusoff play a ton of games. And honestly he is easily one of the most underrated goaltenders in the league.

Calgary has some great goalies in their system. And with so many teams looking for help in net, now would make sense to cash in on it.

In no way do I intend to offend Flames fans, but everyone knows that your team is no longer considered a threat in the NW.

Iginla's age is starting to show. And last year he heated up late in the season. With him not playing during the lockout, he will likely be off to a slow start as well this year.

TSN had said that Hudler's father was ill and took leave to be with him.

Cervenka was sent to the U.S to deal with the blood clot.

I have a ton of respect for the Flames franchise, but they seriously need to accept some sort of rebuild.

Now, what would Kippy be worth to a team likely in playoff contention? (Not the Oilers)

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:26 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
As an Oil fan I have seen Kiprusoff play a ton of games. And honestly he is easily one of the most underrated goaltenders in the league.

Calgary has some great goalies in their system. And with so many teams looking for help in net, now would make sense to cash in on it.

In no way do I intend to offend Flames fans, but everyone knows that your team is no longer considered a threat in the NW.

Iginla's age is starting to show. And last year he heated up late in the season. With him not playing during the lockout, he will likely be off to a slow start as well this year.

I have a ton of respect for the Flames franchise, but they seriously need to accept some sort of rebuild.

Now, what would Kippy be worth to a team likely in playoff contention? (Not the Oilers)
Not saying I don't agree with you but Cervenka is going to find when he can be taken off of medication so he can play again (it doesn't sound like it will be to long), as far as I know Hudler is expected to be back by Sunday.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Devonator

Quote:

Calgary does not have any great goalies in their system! Where are you getting this from? Karlson or Irving...average at best...

But I would agree Kipper is one of the best....and still has a couple of good seasons left in him....I think he would fetch a lot...he is the most valuable player without doubt.....as a Flyer fan, I would love to have him but he would not come cheap!!

Devonator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Slatsmsg

Best option at goaltending past Kipper is Ramo..they are not deep at goalie.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Calgary does not have any great goalies in their system! Where are you getting this from? Karlson or Irving...average at best...

But I would agree Kipper is one of the best....and still has a couple of good seasons left in him....I think he would fetch a lot...he is the most valuable player without doubt.....as a Flyer fan, I would love to have him but he would not come cheap!!
I hear that guy Ramo is pretty good.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:45 PM
topcat986*

Calgary should explore trading Kipper but be in no rush to do so. Florida and Chicago heck even Edmonton and Toronto would be possible teams toss in the Islanders and Tampa and you have a genuine market to feel things out with.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:

They have the option of signing Brust, he did break an AHL shutout streak record this year. And Ramo could very well be a solid starter.

Brossoit may be young but he is a good goaltender. Irving is very average I agree.

The idea is their goaltending might suffer for now, but the pieces in a Kippy trade would be worth it.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
Calgary should explore trading Kipper but be in no rush to do so. Florida and Chicago heck even Edmonton and Toronto would be possible teams toss in the Islanders and Tampa and you have a genuine market to feel things out with.
Florida?

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Its not Kippy, its Kipper. He's not going anywhere either.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
FlamesFan18

Kipper will not be traded until we see more out of our secondary goalies at the NHL level. As of now, Kipper has been and will be starting 85%+ of our games.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Its not Kippy, its Kipper. He's not going anywhere either.
Kipper in Calgary, Kippy to me.

Iggy and Kippy sound so much better.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

If Quick goes down late in the season and Calgary is out of it, maybe a deal around Kiprusoff and Bernier could be done?

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Kipper in Calgary, Kippy to me.

Iggy and Kippy sound so much better.
Kippy sounds like a nickname a 2 year old would make up.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Ashasx

Quote:

Ramo, Brossoit, and Gillies are among the top goaltenders in their respective leagues.

Do you do any sort of thinking before you post?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

The only way Kipper would be traded was if the Flames were out (by a decent amount) of the playoffs come trade deadline. He would be a hot commodity at the TD, and likely fetch a solid return. He also has a VERY financially friendly contract.

If a team acquired him at the deadline, they would be paying him next to nothing this year and only 1.5 million (5.833 cap hit) next year. Owners would love this. The Flames have essentially payed him his entire contract.

Saying this, I would expect 1st 2013, good prospect, and a young(ish) back-up going our way. Minimum.

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Reinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Ramo, Brossoit, and Gillies are among the top goaltenders in their respective leagues.

Do you do any sort of thinking before you post?
Don't forget about Ortio as well

Lots of potential in the coming years (with Ramo set to come over next season). I still don't think Flames should trade Kipper yet. Next season I would expect some movement, but not this season.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
lakai17

Calgary have nothing going in their system today. Brossoit and Ortio are kind of young at the moment.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVENNY View Post
Kippy sounds like a nickname a 2 year old would make up.
Congrats on that being your first post.

You'll fit right in...

Old
01-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
The only way Kipper would be traded was if the Flames were out (by a decent amount) of the playoffs come trade deadline. He would be a hot commodity at the TD, and likely fetch a solid return. He also has a VERY financially friendly contract.

If a team acquired him at the deadline, they would be paying him next to nothing this year and only 1.5 million (5.833 cap hit) next year. Owners would love this. The Flames have essentially payed him his entire contract.

Saying this, I would expect 1st 2013, good prospect, and a young(ish) back-up going our way. Minimum.
minimum? while he's been an awesome player, you're overvaluing the market for goalies, especially one that is already 36.
if that's your minimum, I really think you're going to be sad at what the return would actually be.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

He's never said anything of the sort that he would accept a trade out of Calgary. Kipper is kind of an odd guy, he loves the city and is comfortable here. Our owners are committed to icing a competitive team and that won't happen if he is moved.

Nothing more to see here folks.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
minimum? while he's been an awesome player, you're overvaluing the market for goalies, especially one that is already 36.
if that's your minimum, I really think you're going to be sad at what the return would actually be.
Maybe my proposal is value than? Take out the minimum. Either way, a team that is in the playoffs but struggling the GA department would/could pay a premium for Kipper. I stated some reasons above, and his play dictates the rest. It's crazy what teams give at the TD to help solidify their position or push themselves over the top....

ala Kaberle, Gaustad, etc.

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:08 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
He's never said anything of the sort that he would accept a trade out of Calgary. Kipper is kind of an odd guy, he loves the city and is comfortable here. Our owners are committed to icing a competitive team and that won't happen if he is moved.

Nothing more to see here folks.
Miikka no long needs to accept a trade out of Calgary, his NMC expired on July 1st.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:09 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Calgary have nothing going in their system today. Brossoit and Ortio are kind of young at the moment.
The Flames may not have anyone in the AHL currently, but they do have Ramo, Brossoit, Ortio and Gillies all of whom are arguably top 3 goaltenders in their respective leagues. It would also be foolish to write Irving off after a handful of starts during the lockout as well, he played very well after being called up last year and showed flashes of brilliance in his handful of starts.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:22 AM
DoubleDose86

Too much, He's an amazing goalie. He deserves the cup, and I'd love him on the Leafs. But the problem is the flames don't feel they're out.

Because of this I don't see Kipper going anywhere. With him in net they have a shot to win some games.

DoubleDose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDose86 View Post
Too much, He's an amazing goalie. He deserves the cup, and I'd love him on the Leafs. But the problem is the flames don't feel they're out.

Because of this I don't see Kipper going anywhere. With him in net they have a shot to win some games.
Ya i agree, leafs wouldnt be a good fit either, Kipper is clearly on his last year or two. If calgary isnt in the mix come trade deadline then I see him going to a contending team.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote