HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Old
01-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Yeah...that's Enrico Ciccone...
Ciccone is not a Habs management lover and he is himself a plyer agent. He usually don't talk thru his ass hole.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Is that what you post each time a Quebec based media writes an article about someone born in Quebec?

This is a weir phenomenon... I am not targeting you personally here but, take me for instance: I vigorously defended Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Subban... and no one accused me of being pro Russian, pro Czech, pro American or pro Canadian. However each times I praise a guy from Quebec, I will get a similar response than yours.

Weird phenomenon. Not offensive or anything.
Just plain weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Je ne comprends pas trop le rapport vu que je suis francophone !! But if you insist i have NOT like the Leblanc pick since day 1, the only reason was of him beong Quebecois and the draft being in mTL, RDS would have shut done from the riot.

Well I lol'd. Well played, Yourbuddy

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well I lol'd. Well played, Yourbuddy
?

My post had nothing to do with the mother tongue of the poster. Why are you so excited?

PS YourBuddy is the one who first mentioned the language "issue".

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Gourou

This situation is total BS or overblown. There's no credible source who has picked up the story, and some denied it (Ciccone and Gagnon). If it was true there would be a lot more talk about it. He's injured, he's having an off year but no way he's the scapegoat of all the habs org. There's too much incoherence with that story. Remember the breaking news of habs player being arrested at the airport for a mafia story? I think people should understand the amount of bs coming out of quebec medias sometimes.

Gourou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Still has more credibility than the author of the article.
It could also be damage control. Let say it the Filosa story is true. Is that the best thing that can happen to see that news out? Won't it be harsher on Leblanc that way? So the only think left is to say that it's completely false. Yet, we have no idea exactly what Leblanc said. Seems to say that he doesn't feel humiliated....but if that's all, it doesn't mean that he feels tons of confidence from them and don't believe he's not in the plans anymore. Anyway, like I said before, there has to be alittle bit of everything. Lefebvre might not be the greatest coach in the planet, but I would doubt he's the stupidest of them all.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It could also be damage control. Let say it the Filosa story is true. Is that the best thing that can happen to see that news out? Won't it be harsher on Leblanc that way? So the only think left is to say that it's completely false. Yet, we have no idea exactly what Leblanc said. Seems to say that he doesn't feel humiliated....but if that's all, it doesn't mean that he feels tons of confidence from them and don't believe he's not in the plans anymore. Anyway, like I said before, there has to be alittle bit of everything. Lefebvre might not be the greatest coach in the planet, but I would doubt he's the stupidest of them all.
I call mostly BS on the story, specifically no other media person has picked up on the story. That means they made calls and were assured it was best an embellishment at worst a fabrication.

Also Louis is represented by Pat Brisson. Does anyone think Brisson would let this occur?

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Darch

Only reason Leblanc was drafted is because the Habs felt they had to get a French guy. The probably could have picked him up in 2nd round... What a waste of a pick that was!

Darch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Jigger77

So basically given statements by Leblanc himself this entire article was basically a fabrication. Who does this clown Filosa work for exactly and how is it that he can get away with this filth?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darch View Post
Only reason Leblanc was drafted is because the Habs felt they had to get a French guy. The probably could have picked him up in 2nd round... What a waste of a pick that was!
Oh I wish Chezz was still here.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Oh I wish Chezz was still here.
This would be a good time yeah. They all seem to come up from nowhere these days.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Habnot

Quote:
This is total nonsense and part of the bi-polarity of Habs fans. It's either we don't draft french players or he was only drafted because he's a french guy. Played 42 games in the NHL as a rookie. Do you think he suddenly forgot to play? Before declaring a prospect a bust - how about we give them 3-4 years of being a pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
This would be a good time yeah. They all seem to come up from nowhere these days.
Old habits die hard.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:54 PM

Chezz died for our sins.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Chezz died for our sins.
R.I.P Chezzbrah

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:12 PM

There was a photo taken of Trevor Timmins' sheet by RDS during the draft and if I remember correctly there were a lot of players on the list before Leblanc's name (they were drafted, so unavailable). The next IIRC, after Leblanc, was Jordan Schroeder, a manlet. Kadri was in a category called "acceptable". Leblanc was not drafted because he's from QC.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:08 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
This. Even R. Tremblay didn't picked up that story...
Bingo. Close the thread now!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
So basically given statements by Leblanc himself this entire article was basically a fabrication. Who does this clown Filosa work for exactly and how is it that he can get away with this filth?
It sure raised hackles around here. I'm glad to see it's all BS - I wasn't impressed with Leblanc if it wasn't.

Hang in there Louis!

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:03 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Wow, what a horrible way to treat a prospect...

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:26 AM
deandebean

Anyways, we'll know more on Thursday I guess. The thing that gets to me with this report is that Filosa never got the organisation's point of view. And his interview is full of innuendos (i.e. the Brisebois thing). Shouldn't be tolerated.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:40 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Is there an English translation?
If so can someone tell me what page it's on?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:57 AM
ClasslessGuy

I don't understand how Filosa can publish stuff like that. He's not new to the business..

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Fozz

I think it's been pretty much confirmed that the story isn't valid. I vote to have this thread closed.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Jigger77

I seriously don't understand how Filosa can get away with that. If this were the states he'd be sued for slander. Just brutal.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Paul Dipietro

This is either the darkest day in Habs history or just sensationalist drivel from a boxing aficionado

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Uber Coca

Between an invalid article and the entire truth, there's probably something here. I doubt Filosa could write such things without having a clue (and I don't like how he's trying so hard to be controversial in general).

Maybe Leblanc is struggling to adapt to the AHL, but I doubt this is news worthy since it's pretty common for prospects.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:22 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
I totally disagree, and I am someone who ALWAYS wants to draft BPA. Leblanc was BPA at the time, or at least can easily have been seen as that. This was NOT an off the chart pick, not at all.

And you know what? He will be an NHL player, solid. To have got .25 ppg last year without PP time as a 20 year old in the NHL, that is quite promising.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote