HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins Fans Fantasy League - Game on!

Old
01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

vCash: 500
Question. Does the waiver wire order ever change? I see I am last at 12th. Will that be constant throughout the season?? Or does that change as standings are compiled?

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
He already deleted the league

I'll just join another. Is today, or the 15th the last day to start for this weeks scoring to count? I swear I saw something on yahoo saying something like that.
no idea, sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Question. Does the waiver wire order ever change? I see I am last at 12th. Will that be constant throughout the season?? Or does that change as standings are compiled?
Whenever someone picks someone up with a waiver claim, they move to 12th and everyone else bumps up a spot. The initial order is just reverse draft order.

I think players are on waivers for 3 days after being dropped. After that they become a FA and ignore waivers.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
no idea, sorry

Whenever someone picks someone up with a waiver claim, they move to 12th and everyone else bumps up a spot. The initial order is just reverse draft order.

I think players are on waivers for 3 days after being dropped. After that they become a FA and ignore waivers.

OK gotcha Ogre. Makes sense.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:12 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

JOined a league and got the first overall! Hahaha, in my first fantasy draft ever, I land the top spot. What are the chances... Geno or Sid... decisions.

Sorry to post this here, but I was to excited not to share.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
JOined a league and got the first overall! Hahaha, in my first fantasy draft ever, I land the top spot. What are the chances... Geno or Sid... decisions.

Sorry to post this here, but I was to excited not to share.
that's a very tough call

Old
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
aSockalypse

Think i'd go with Sid this year.

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Geno goes first in my books for his C-RW eligibility. Sid just has C.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

I feel like I did pretty well.

Geno
P. Kane
Couture
Semin
Brown
Callahan
Letang
Pietrangelo
Subban
Seabrook
J. Carter
Oshie
Horton
Scneider
Backstrom (MIN)
Hiller

And the guy that drafted Neal wants to work a trade with me... any suggestions who I should offer. I offered Couture, but I don't think he'll go for it, even though he has weak centers. Okay, so he wants Letang for Neal... should I?

One more thing guys... I kinda feel like I should grab up Ott for his PIMs and he can produce. Should I pull the trigger on him and drop.. Carter?

Last edited by M0NTY26: 01-13-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 11:23 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Personally I'm going to stay pat on my team for about a week until I can see what they do in person. There is always that unknown with a fantasy team, but even more this season with it being cut in half. Add to that guys who need to develop new chemistry with their teams and some guys who aren't in game shape and haven't played since April or June, and there are just too many questions unless I have a gut feeling.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:28 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
That was one of those drafts where it felt like every damn round the guy I wanted would go a pick or two before me.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I feel like I did pretty well.

Geno
P. Kane
Couture
Semin
Brown
Callahan
Letang
Pietrangelo
Subban
Seabrook
J. Carter
Oshie
Horton
Scneider
Backstrom (MIN)
Hiller

And the guy that drafted Neal wants to work a trade with me... any suggestions who I should offer. I offered Couture, but I don't think he'll go for it, even though he has weak centers. Okay, so he wants Letang for Neal... should I?

One more thing guys... I kinda feel like I should grab up Ott for his PIMs and he can produce. Should I pull the trigger on him and drop.. Carter?
I like that team. That said, if you can move any of your skaters other than Geno straight up for Neal, I'd do it. I would not drop Carter for Ott myself but if you need the PIM maybe I guess.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Quote:
So we have 2 Center positions. In a normal season, each can be played 82 times because their are 82 games. So you have a total of 164 games played in those 2 center slots. That means you might not want to play your 4th center off the bench because that's one less game your 1st overall pick center can play. The bench in Roto is for depth, not playing every chance you get.

Currently our league is set to 40 games, which means even if you just play your top 2 centers, you'll run out of games early. It should be 48 so if you leave the same player in at the same position all year and he plays every game, you play the exact right number of games.

Now take this for every position. We have 2 Centers, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 F, 4 D and 2 G. I'm just going to assume we get it switched to 48 max games for this. That means you can play each position this many times. If it stays at 40, they are all 80 and 160 for D.

C: 96
LW: 96
RW: 96
F: 96
D: 192 (because we have 4 of them, each 48 games)
G: 96

The F spot can be filled by any C, LW or RW though. So if you play a guy at C one day and at F the next day, they each only go down by 1. The same goes for players who are listed as more than one position.

Now for goalies, keep in mind that they will not play every game in real life. So you may want to have a 3rd goalie that you play. Though at the same time, goalies have 2 stats that are % based, so only half of their stats actually require a lot of games to add up. Oh, and Yahoo does not count goalie games if they never actually play. So if you know the backup is playing, you don't have to sit your goalie. But if the backup gets pulled and your goalie goes in even for 1 second, it counts as a game played for the goalie.

TLDR: Basically, the point is simply this. Don't play your worst skaters unless its to replace games that your better skaters miss. For every game Dustin Jeffrey plays at center, that's one less game Sidney Crosby can play at center. But every time Crosby misses a game, you want to play someone else a game to make it up. So if you just play guys every time they play, you'll get off to an awesome lead and then run out of games and watch everyone catch up because their best players are playing all of their games.
I wish I would have read this before drafting . I too could use a goalie now. (The Flying V).

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

taking offers on goalies

Old
01-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Monty: except you didn't draft Subban... I did. As painful as it was.

Ogre: I'll check your list. Might as well show these trade noobs how it's done.

PS - I told you guys Kesler was a money pick that late in the draft. I didn't remember there had been some negative sounding media comment a week or two ago (i.e. still recovering / not starting the season), but I did know he had been in rehab a long time so closer to the end than the beginning by a lot. Even if he misses 2 or 3 weeks, still a good pick IMHO. Never had this many Canucks. Not sure if that's good or not.

Quote:
Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Kesler's rehab from shoulder and wrist surgeries has taken a turn for the better recently, the Vancouver Sun reports. "His spot isn't going to be vacant for a long period of time," Gillis said.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 01-14-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:06 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
So we have 2 Center positions. In a normal season, each can be played 82 times because their are 82 games. So you have a total of 164 games played in those 2 center slots. That means you might not want to play your 4th center off the bench because that's one less game your 1st overall pick center can play. The bench in Roto is for depth, not playing every chance you get.

Currently our league is set to 40 games, which means even if you just play your top 2 centers, you'll run out of games early. It should be 48 so if you leave the same player in at the same position all year and he plays every game, you play the exact right number of games.

Now take this for every position. We have 2 Centers, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 F, 4 D and 2 G. I'm just going to assume we get it switched to 48 max games for this. That means you can play each position this many times. If it stays at 40, they are all 80 and 160 for D.

C: 96
LW: 96
RW: 96
F: 96
D: 192 (because we have 4 of them, each 48 games)
G: 96

The F spot can be filled by any C, LW or RW though. So if you play a guy at C one day and at F the next day, they each only go down by 1. The same goes for players who are listed as more than one position.

Now for goalies, keep in mind that they will not play every game in real life. So you may want to have a 3rd goalie that you play. Though at the same time, goalies have 2 stats that are % based, so only half of their stats actually require a lot of games to add up. Oh, and Yahoo does not count goalie games if they never actually play. So if you know the backup is playing, you don't have to sit your goalie. But if the backup gets pulled and your goalie goes in even for 1 second, it counts as a game played for the goalie.

TLDR: Basically, the point is simply this. Don't play your worst skaters unless its to replace games that your better skaters miss. For every game Dustin Jeffrey plays at center, that's one less game Sidney Crosby can play at center. But every time Crosby misses a game, you want to play someone else a game to make it up. So if you just play guys every time they play, you'll get off to an awesome lead and then run out of games and watch everyone catch up because their best players are playing all of their games.
Pardon my noobiness for one moment fellas...

So, let's say that the Pens aren't playing tonight (let's act like it's midseason), but the Kings are. Should I be benching Geno to get Carter in their, so I get points that game, or do I want to save that game for Geno to play? I think I understand, just want to make sure...

Old
01-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Pardon my noobiness for one moment fellas...

So, let's say that the Pens aren't playing tonight (let's act like it's midseason), but the Kings are. Should I be benching Geno to get Carter in their, so I get points that game, or do I want to save that game for Geno to play? I think I understand, just want to make sure...
is your league Head to Head or Rotisserie scoring?

Old
01-14-2013, 05:11 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

roto with 48.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
roto with 48.
then no, unless Geno misses some games you should never play someone in his spot.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
then no, unless Geno misses some games you should never play someone in his spot.
Impeccable timing, I was just coming to ask something else lol.

Why is Jeff Carter owned in only 31% of the leagues? Is he hurt?

Old
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Impeccable timing, I was just coming to ask something else lol.

Why is Jeff Carter owned in only 31% of the leagues? Is he hurt?
he didn't have a great year last year. Most people just look at the rankings and the rankings are mostly based on last year.

also, is that 31% owned or 31% starting him?

Old
01-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Also, he's Jeff Carter. That counts against him generally.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Also, he's Jeff Carter. That counts against him generally.
LOL. I'm trying to take my Philly hatred out of things with this. And yea Ogre, my mistake... it is started.

I got Carter and Horton with my two last picks, but I think Carters going to have a big year with a full season (albeit shortened) in LA. Right now, it's just a matter of picking Carter or Callahan. My gut tells me Carter will produce more offensively, put somethings telling me Callahan might get me more stats overall.

It's probably a risk to play two players from one team that also play on the same line, yea? If one goes into a slump, the other will probably be effected to, I would think.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
LOL. I'm trying to take my Philly hatred out of things with this. And yea Ogre, my mistake... it is started.

I got Carter and Horton with my two last picks, but I think Carters going to have a big year with a full season (albeit shortened) in LA. Right now, it's just a matter of picking Carter or Callahan. My gut tells me Carter will produce more offensively, put somethings telling me Callahan might get me more stats overall.
Carter and Horton are steals with your last two picks. As far as Carter vs Callahan, that really depends on what stats you need as the season goes. And obviously how they each perform. I was hoping to get all three of those guys and all of them got taken in the round I was hoping I could get them just a few picks ahead of me.

Quote:
It's probably a risk to play two players from one team that also play on the same line, yea? If one goes into a slump, the other will probably be effected to, I would think.
But if one does well, the other usually does. Its sort of boom or bust. That really comes down to which team and how you expect them to do.

Just as an aside, I should let you know that I have never actually won a fantasy hockey league

Old
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
Carter and Horton are steals with your last two picks. As far as Carter vs Callahan, that really depends on what stats you need as the season goes. And obviously how they each perform. I was hoping to get all three of those guys and all of them got taken in the round I was hoping I could get them just a few picks ahead of me.

But if one does well, the other usually does. Its sort of boom or bust. That really comes down to which team and how you expect them to do.

Just as an aside, I should let you know that I have never actually won a fantasy hockey league
Jamie Benn went in the 13th round in my league. Looking back, I screwed up, because I had he and Hiller in my que, but I felt like I needed another good goalie incase Backstrom doesn't pan out. I was hoping he'd be there for my next pick, but someone snagged him

Going to try and make a trade for him. With Roy and Jagr, he's going to have a monster season, me thinks.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:01 AM
chilly98

wanted to ask you guys since is dont know where else, would you guys trade Kessel for Neal and Baertschi in a Point Only league?

chilly98 is offline   Reply With Quote