vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
User was banned for this post.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:59 AM
DespoticNewt

Now I'm reminded of why I hate the trade board. I was happy to see all the activity there yesterday, but now I'm sick of all the 'your best players for our crap' trades.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:01 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Now I'm reminded of why I hate the trade board. I was happy to see all the activity there yesterday, but now I'm sick of all the 'your best players for our crap' trades.
I'm tired of posters from other teams not considering team needs. It doesn't seem to matter how much you argue the relative value of a particular player to a team, you constantly get drive by pot-shots about "dis player better'n dat player, AINEC".

C'est la vie. I doubt GM's care much about our opinions anyway.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

vCash: 500
http://www.thescore.com/home/article...rth-from-kings

Westgarth for A. Stewart and a pair of picks. I liked Westgarth on LA but they get some more mobility with Stewart I guess. Thoughts?

Old
01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
jetkarma*

Puck Daddy article with some Winnipeg points .... ouch ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-47983

Old
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Puck Daddy article with some Winnipeg points .... ouch ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-47983
Meh. You can just as easily slot in any other bubble team for his first point. The E.Kane villifying thing is completely true, though.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
I've hated the Canucks ever since the Michael Peca cheapshot on Selanne in the the early 90's. Domi, King, Manson and Tkachuk settled the score while Pat Quinn hid Bure on the bench the rest of the game.
What amazes me TBH is how anyone can not hate the Canucks.

I despise all of the western Canadian teams from the days of Jets 1.0 and whenever I watch a game with one of those teams I cheer for whoever is playing against them.

When my son was aboty five he decided that Calgary was his favorite NHL team and I cringed every time I was him wearing a Flames jersey or touque. Thank God he got over that mental illness.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Not sure he's what we'd be after, but I have to think someone would claim Hickey off the Kings.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
I HATE the Canucks!!

HATE THEM!!!

and, I am on the Jets board, so it's not only allowed, but encouraged.

You have to decide if you can handle that.
I could careless about you hating them. Just like it's my choice to hate the Flames, etc. It's just how some people put all of the Canucks fans into the same basket and hate all Canucks fans and the Canucks for that reason (the riot. But nooooo Boston does it and it's just fine. What a freaking double standard that is). Players have no control over what fans or so called "fans" do. Every team dives so I don't understand why that is always brought up. I get Burrows and Kesler. Burrows has gotten a lot better though. Kesler doesn't need to dive; players will go after him regardless because he's an amazing player that doesn't need to freaking dive. I can name a handful of players on each team that dives. My other fav team is Pittsburgh; Crosby, Malkin, Letang all dive. LA has the biggest diver in the league in Brown; only player I wasn't happy who got a cup ring before my two #1 teams in the Canucks and Jets.

Would any of you like it if we as Jets fans were treated like that? Or fans of other teams constantly said oh I hate the Jets. It'll happen one day; it'll happen when the Jets are a great team and win like the Canucks do. Except the Jets will most likely win the Cup before the Canucks do lol.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
I could careless about you hating them. Just like it's my choice to hate the Flames, etc. It's just how some people put all of the Canucks fans into the same basket and hate all Canucks fans and the Canucks for that reason (the riot. But nooooo Boston does it and it's just fine. What a freaking double standard that is). Players have no control over what fans or so called "fans" do. Every team dives so I don't understand why that is always brought up. I get Burrows and Kesler. Burrows has gotten a lot better though. Kesler doesn't need to dive; players will go after him regardless because he's an amazing player that doesn't need to freaking dive. I can name a handful of players on each team that dives. My other fav team is Pittsburgh; Crosby, Malkin, Letang all dive. LA has the biggest diver in the league in Brown; only player I wasn't happy who got a cup ring before my two #1 teams in the Canucks and Jets.
That's fine, as long as you realize it's Jets fans right to think that every Canuck dives here and if you start complaining that Jets dive and go down that road, you are trolling.

Just the same as if I went to the Canucks board and started talking about the Sedins etc. Home team boards are somewhat of a safe haven for fans of that team to be fanboys if they wish without fear of persecution. If you want more unbiased talk, that is what the global boards are for.

01-14-2013, 08:10 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post

I despise all of the western Canadian teams from the days of Jets 1.0 and whenever I watch a game with one of those teams I cheer for whoever is playing against them.

When my son was aboty five he decided that Calgary was his favorite NHL team and I cringed every time I was him wearing a Flames jersey or touque. Thank God he got over that mental illness.
My formative hockey years were 1992-93 & 1993-94 in Vancouver. Spent 10 wonderful years there and my love of the Canucks has remained. Sorry I wasn't here when the Jets 1.0 were around and I can't exactly stop being a fan when I've been a fan for the majority of my life. 2 decades as a fan. I became a Jets fan in 2011. Love Teemu though; did like Bure but yeah not as much as Teemu.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
That's fine, as long as you realize it's Jets fans right to think that every Canuck dives here and if you start complaining that Jets dive and go down that road, you are trolling.

Just the same as if I went to the Canucks board and started talking about the Sedins etc. Home team boards are somewhat of a safe haven for fans of that team to be fanboys if they wish without fear of persecution. If you want more unbiased talk, that is what the global boards are for.
I'M A JETS FAN TOO! I have a right to be honest about my hometown team. And I said every team dives; that includes the Jets. Sorry I'm an honest Jets fan.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

Quote:
I'M A JETS FAN TOO! I have a right to be honest about my hometown team. And I said every team dives; that includes the Jets. Sorry I'm an honest Jets fan.
I know you are. I just want you to understand when people get on you for pumping up the Canucks tires on here why it's happening, that's all.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I had no intentions of coming at you specifically with my Nucks comments. It was during Luongo discussion and it just came out.

Sorry, I just thought Luongo and immediately got this picture in my head:

Old
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
I could careless about you hating them.
Why don't you then?

Old
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I had no intentions of coming at you specifically with my Nucks comments. It was during Luongo discussion and it just came out.

Not sure what is better in that gif, the dive or Kessler being called a ****** with visual description.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

My reaction when that happened...

Kesler doesn't even need to do that. He can lure players into slashing him, knocking him over without diving. It's so freaking sad.

Anyone wish the Jets would pay for their TSN Jets this year?

Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
My reaction when that happened...

Kesler doesn't even need to do that. He can lure players into slashing him, knocking him over without diving. It's so freaking sad.

Anyone wish the Jets would pay for their TSN Jets this year?
That would be a nice touch

Today on either XM Home ice or TSN1290 it was me mentioned the NHL was going to be offering Centre ice for $49 for the season this year? has anyone heard this information?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

Today on either XM Home ice or TSN1290 it was me mentioned the NHL was going to be offering Centre ice for $49 for the season this year? has anyone heard this information?
I heard gamecenter was 50 for the season

And yes, tsn jets should be free

Old
01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

I think that's for Gamecentre, not sure about Centre Ice.

01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I think that's for Gamecentre, not sure about Centre Ice.
That would make more sense.......thx

Old
01-14-2013, 11:13 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post

This!

Love that with the NHL back, I can revert to hating all of those teams. Sergio Momesso, Esa Tikhanen, Jamie Macoun are just a few on the most hated list. Add Doug Gilmour and Claude Lemieux for some Eastern Canada flavor.

Side story...lived in Calgary for almost 10 years (came back to the Peg in 2007). Was shopping in Coop one day, and saw Jamie Macoun standing in the dairy section. Blood got boiling, and seriously thought about backing up the aisle and taking a run at him...sanity took over and chickened out. Old guys will know why I was angry

Old
01-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Side story...lived in Calgary for almost 10 years (came back to the Peg in 2007). Was shopping in Coop one day, and saw Jamie Macoun standing in the dairy section. Blood got boiling, and seriously thought about backing up the aisle and taking a run at him...sanity took over and chickened out. Old guys will know why I was angry
Not an old guy but I know why you were angry. I would've stared him down or something.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Not an old guy but I know why you were angry. I would've stared him down or something.
Yeah, I was 17 when that happened, and I seriously thought we were going to win the Cup...then broken Duck, and broken dreams

Old
01-15-2013, 12:06 AM
DespoticNewt

Hockey Central is on Sportsnet right now. Hockey Central? I'm sorry. Leafs Central. >_>

Closed Thread