HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 11:17 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I didn't like Kristo staying in UND because it's clear he's learned all he has at this level, but I do respect that he's really become a leader on that team and is at least living up to his commitment.
It's kind of ironic that a player who's notorious for bad off ice decisions seems to have made a real smart one by staying at school. He won't need long in Hamilton. A year at the most.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:01 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
North Dakota game is over. They won 5-3.

Mark MacMillan had an off night. He played on the second line, centring Rocco Grimaldi and O'Donnell. Pretty evident that their was no chemistry between them. MacMillan didn't create a whole lot offensively, but was pretty good defensively. Like always, he finished his checks and played with energy.

Kristo had 2 goals and 2 assists. He's currently is on a 7 game goal scoring streak. He has 8 goals and 8 assists in that span. Tonight, he played a great game. He was all over the ice and was very engaged. I was impressed with his board work, very strong on his skates and did a good job protecting the puck. He played alright defensively, blew coverage a few times, but made some good plays towards to end of the game. He could have also had another goal, but he nailed it off of the post.

Kristo's points:
Thanks for the report and the vid! Glad Kristo's ripping it up. From the stuff I've heard and seen he's looking like one of our better forward prospects. He's made some beautiful passes from what I've seen and his stick handling and speed is really impressive. I think he has first line potential.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

So Mark's bro getting a shot at the Kristo line? Good for him, but you'd hope Mark would have gotten that opportunity even if it's on the wings. Though, if they are making him a centerman, it might not be bad after all. Just that, my prediction is that MacMillan will be a winger in the end.

for Kristo, well I keep saying to the bashers to slow down. This kid will be an important piece for us. Can't wait to see what he'll do with the Dogs. But while he does create chances for himself for sure, would be nice to find him his Corban Knight. We would need to find some overagers to play in Hamilton next year. Like Montreal said, Ryan Walters would need to be a target. Why not Rylan Schwartz, Greg Carey, Tyler Sikura or others like that.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-13-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old
01-13-2013, 09:37 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Kristo should of had 5 pts, he ripped on off the post. Still a huge game from him, he's now tied for 3rd in the NCAA in points, 2nd in the league in goals.

MacMillan remains on the 3rd line at center, he had a goal disallowed early in the game.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Berger placed on waivers to terminate his contract per Renaud Lavoie.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Has anybody watched Engqvist play in the KHL this year? I was wondering because he has 24 pts in 34 games with his team. He's such an intriguing player, I don't understand how a player that can produce pretty well in the KHL and the AHL (was performing at .71PPG last season with a decimated by injuries and not so talented Hamilton squad) can be so invisible at the NHL level and not stand out in any particular way.
He has been pretty consistent over the year. Has produced on a consistent level and played extremely well with Stallberg.

He still takes all the big draws and his winning percentage over the last month has been hovering around 70%.

As for being invisible.....with less then 3 minutes of icetime per game...hard to really make your mark.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:31 AM
goalchenyuk

Danny Kristo has pushed his career points/game average over 1.0 (1.01), UND's first point-per-game player (career) since T.J. Oshie.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Rozz

I personally am very excited about Kristo .. a question for the guys who know better than me.. when do you think we will see him in montreal or at least hamilton?

Old
01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I personally am very excited about Kristo .. a question for the guys who know better than me.. when do you think we will see him in montreal or at least hamilton?
Next season

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Next season
montreal or Hamilton?

Old
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
montreal or Hamilton?
Hamilton.

Habs Prospects website
Old
01-14-2013, 08:18 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
My guess would be that he would start next season in Hamilton and then we'll see how he adjusts. Most NCAAers are going to hit a wall at some point in the season as they go from playing mostly weekends and 40ish games a season to 3-4 games a week and 80-100 games a season. I would expect him to do well in Hamilton so we'll see just how well that ends up being, he's certainly playing his best hockey to date imo but he will have several things to work on.

Just wrote an article on Kristo and the NCAA draft picks yesterday,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=193

From what I heard the update at Michigan was Mac Bennett is expected to be out a couple weeks but they will have to re-evaluate him so hopefully he's back before the playoffs in March, as the playoffs are still 8-9 weeks away. Although with as bad as Michigan has looked of late, getting him back might not help enough. Will be very interesting to see what his future intentions are, if he wants to go back to Michigan for a final year or turn pro, either with the Habs or as a UFA on July 1st.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
My guess would be that he would start next season in Hamilton and then we'll see how he adjusts. Most NCAAers are going to hit a wall at some point in the season as they go from playing mostly weekends and 40ish games a season to 3-4 games a week and 80-100 games a season. I would expect him to do well in Hamilton so we'll see just how well that ends up being, he's certainly playing his best hockey to date imo but he will have several things to work on.

Just wrote an article on Kristo and the NCAA draft picks yesterday,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=193

From what I heard the update at Michigan was Mac Bennett is expected to be out a couple weeks but they will have to re-evaluate him so hopefully he's back before the playoffs in March, as the playoffs are still 8-9 weeks away. Although with as bad as Michigan has looked of late, getting him back might not help enough. Will be very interesting to see what his future intentions are, if he wants to go back to Michigan for a final year or turn pro, either with the Habs or as a UFA on July 1st.
look forward reading that. Have any idea why Walsh didn't play this past weekend?

here's an article on him. Apparently he's still trying to regain his form which I think is good since he' isn't exactly ripping it up.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com//View...CLID=205962460

Old
01-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

At some point and with the limit of 50 contracts, next 2 seasons will see some pretty hard decisions to make. Here are the guys that needs to be signed in 2013 and 2014.

Olivier Archambault
Mac Bennett
Tim Bozon
Mike Cichy
Sebastian Collberg
Darren Dietz
Charles Hudon
Danny Kristo
Magnus Nygren
Erik Nystrom
Daniel Pribyl
Dalton Thrower
Brady Vail
Dustin Walsh

I mean you look at that list, and you almost want everybody to be signed. But it shouldn't be possible. Odd men out in that list would be Cichy, Nystrom, Pribyl and Walsh. And even in all those cases, you can make a case for every one of those guys. Cichy losing a year, Nystrom doing good in Sweden, Pribyl being that big centerman, Walsh being unlucky with those injuries. But at some point, we can't sign everybody. 2013 will be interesting 'cause it's decision time for Nygren, Pribyl and Walsh. I do expect them to sign Nygren.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
look forward reading that. Have any idea why Walsh didn't play this past weekend?

here's an article on him. Apparently he's still trying to regain his form which I think is good since he' isn't exactly ripping it up.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com//View...CLID=205962460
nice article, it's really too bad he's had such problems with the hip. I believe he's currently injured but I haven't been checking up on Dartmouth.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At some point and with the limit of 50 contracts, next 2 seasons will see some pretty hard decisions to make. Here are the guys that needs to be signed in 2013 and 2014.

Olivier Archambault
Mac Bennett
Tim Bozon
Mike Cichy
Sebastian Collberg
Darren Dietz
Charles Hudon
Danny Kristo
Magnus Nygren
Erik Nystrom
Daniel Pribyl
Dalton Thrower
Brady Vail
Dustin Walsh

I mean you look at that list, and you almost want everybody to be signed. But it shouldn't be possible. Odd men out in that list would be Cichy, Nystrom, Pribyl and Walsh. And even in all those cases, you can make a case for every one of those guys. Cichy losing a year, Nystrom doing good in Sweden, Pribyl being that big centerman, Walsh being unlucky with those injuries. But at some point, we can't sign everybody. 2013 will be interesting 'cause it's decision time for Nygren, Pribyl and Walsh. I do expect them to sign Nygren.
Except...from the MOU:

NHL Clubs who draft European Players age 18 or 19 shall obtain four (4) years of exclusive
negotiating rights following selection in the Draft. NHL Clubs who draft European Players age 20 or
older shall obtain two (2) years of exclusive negotiating rights following selection in the Draft.

So it gives more time with Pribyl (until 2015), Collberg and Nystrom (until 2016). Nygren must be signed this summer though.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:

Olivier Archambault
Mac Bennett
Tim Bozon
Mike Cichy
Sebastian Collberg
Darren Dietz
Charles Hudon
Danny Kristo
Magnus Nygren
Erik Nystrom
Daniel Pribyl
Dalton Thrower
Brady Vail
Dustin Walsh

Archambault and Dietz have to be signed this summer, to go with Kristo, Pribyl, Walsh and Nygren. But they also can lose a number of contracts over the next 2 years,

Mayer, Stejskal, Schultz, Geoffrion, Palushaj, Weber, Blunden are all RFA's this summer. Got to think many of them will be gone.

DeSantis, Bouillon, Armstrong, St-Denis, Budaj, Noke, are all UFA's so at least half or more won't be back.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Except...from the MOU:

NHL Clubs who draft European Players age 18 or 19 shall obtain four (4) years of exclusive
negotiating rights following selection in the Draft. NHL Clubs who draft European Players age 20 or
older shall obtain two (2) years of exclusive negotiating rights following selection in the Draft.
Is that in effect right now, though ?

Or does that only pertain to players drafted from this upcoming draft ?

Old
01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is that in effect right now, though ?

Or does that only pertain to players drafted from this upcoming draft ?
The Document doesn't specify, hmmm:

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpr...an-12-2013.pdf

Article 8.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kristo looks like Kessel lol

Old
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
ChoseLa

I know that every players from Europe drafted before the last CBA were our for eternity, see Konstatin Korneev.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:

Olivier Archambault
Mac Bennett
Tim Bozon
Mike Cichy
Sebastian Collberg
Darren Dietz
Charles Hudon
Danny Kristo
Magnus Nygren
Erik Nystrom
Daniel Pribyl
Dalton Thrower
Brady Vail
Dustin Walsh
As of today Cichy is the only one that's a definite no sign. As others have mentioned we have quite a few pro contracts expiring within the next two years and maybe within the next two years the landscape will look clearer. For instance take Archambault. He's a player that could make the right adjustments and we realize he's a keeper whereas Wash is not. Right now most of the players on your list have huge question marks next to their names but the next two years will give us a better idea of their potential.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I know that every players from Europe drafted before the last CBA were our for eternity, see Konstatin Korneev.
Russian players only, because they stayed out of a transfer agreement.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Kristo looks like Kessel lol
I agree his skill set resembles a lesser version of Kessel offensively.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:55 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I agree his skill set resembles a lesser version of Kessel offensively.

Un mini ovechkin!!

Closed Thread