HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Reid Boucher (2011, 99th overall, New Jersey)

Old
10-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Canuck71

vCash: 500
My God, his shot is NHL caliber. He has a lot more work to do on his skating and other aspects of his game, but holy, you don't see a shot like his come around the OHL very often. Unbelievable

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Reid now has 12 goals in 12 games. I loved the pick when it was made, and I couldn't have hoped for more out of him.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:15 AM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

the puck explodes off of his stick. unbelievable. 50 goals is not out of the question for him this year.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:33 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

If you lke that goal by Boucher, you will love the one from last night's game (tying goal)

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The goals from last night:

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
The goals from last night:

mother of god.

Old
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
I believe I predicted 50 goals this season with Sarnia from him. At this point, that is 100% attainable.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Wow. What a flithy release on that shot. Ridiculous!

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

how has his season been up to this point? is he still scoring like a madman?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
kiwidevil

Bump. With Reid putting up numbers, what are the opinions on the rest of his game? Has he progressed?

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Xokkeu

From everything I can see the dude is a navy seal sniper. Only problem is his questionable mobility and only decent size. He's obviously maxed out at the CHL level. Time to see if he can be successful in the AHL. Certainly that shot should take him somewhere.

Last edited by Xokkeu: 01-14-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:30 AM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Bump. With Reid putting up numbers, what are the opinions on the rest of his game? Has he progressed?
From what I've seen his skating and composure/confidence with the puck have all improved a good amount. But he's still very inconsistent at times, but that's improving as he is getting to the front of the net more and scoring a lot of Paris like garbage goals to compliment his sniping.

To me, he projects as a 25g+ 45p+ 2nd liner with the potential to score 40 goals if he finds the right setup man.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
He always reminded me a bit of Michael Ryder every time I saw him. I haven't seen him a whole hell of a lot though.

What do Sting fans think a good comparison for Boucher is?

Rhino Reilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyYourTheDevils View Post
To me, he projects as a 25g+ 45p+ 2nd liner with the potential to score 40 goals if he finds the right setup man.
Whoa, I would put the brakes on that myself. I watched a lot of Sting last year and this year and I really like Boucher's game, but I don't see him as much more than a 3rd liner, maybe 2nd liner if everything goes well.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Higgins, and I could see him having a similar type of career. 30 goal scorer if the planets align but otherwise a useful player who can play on any line if need be.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
hlaverty06

LW Reid Boucher (2011, 99th overall, New Jersey)

This year in 47 games he has 63 points

But in terms of NHL readiness he was -19 last year and is +11 this year. Do you guys believe his game will translate well to the NHL? I watch the odd OHL game here and there but for those of you who watch them does he look that good?

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:33 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
This year in 47 games he has 63 points

But in terms of NHL readiness he was -19 last year and is +11 this year. Do you guys believe his game will translate well to the NHL? I watch the odd OHL game here and there but for those of you who watch them does he look that good?
A lot of the time he is completely unnoticable all night, but will still pot 3 goals. Don't know how he does it.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
A lot of the time he is completely unnoticable all night, but will still pot 3 goals. Don't know how he does it.
His bread and butter, tha shot!

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
His bread and butter, tha shot!
He does have quite the rocket. Someone on these boards called him a "navy seal-level sniper" which I thought was appropriate

Old
01-26-2013, 12:53 PM
HenriquesJawLine

I will take 40 goals in 47 games

HenriquesJawLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:59 PM
That

He might have the hardest wrist shot I've ever seen in the OHL. His release is awfully slow and his accuracy could be a lot better, but he when he gets his shot off it's usually going in the net. A common complaint amongst Habs who were watching Sarnia was that Boucher would often whiff on chances that were set up by Galchenyuk or Sarault, but lately I haven't seen him do a whole lot. He's really starting to get more confidence and isn't trying to one time the puck every time he touches it.

Boucher isn't very creative at all, but he doesn't pretend to be. He knows his limitations and plays within those. Despite being undersized, he protects the puck well, but he doesn't do it a whole lot. He isn't a run and gun player, he isn't fast enough for that and he very rarely comes flying down the wing and shoots. He's the kind of player who sets up shop in a scoring area and waits for the puck to come to him.

I think he's still a ways away from the NHL, even though his stats look real nice. It certainly doesn't hurt that he plays with Sarault (and Galchenyuk for a large portion of the year), but to say that he entirely relies on them just isn't true. He's a good prospect in his own right. That said, I don't see him being anything more than an 2nd/3rd liner at this point. He isn't the best skater, he isn't creative, and past his offensive zone positioning and wrist shot, he doesn't really have any qualities that say "top six" player to me. But he's amongst the best at what he does and that alone could make him a valuable NHLer in the future.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He might have the hardest wrist shot I've ever seen in the OHL. His release is awfully slow and his accuracy could be a lot better, but he when he gets his shot off it's usually going in the net. A common complaint amongst Habs who were watching Sarnia was that Boucher would often whiff on chances that were set up by Galchenyuk or Sarault, but lately I haven't seen him do a whole lot. He's really starting to get more confidence and isn't trying to one time the puck every time he touches it.

Boucher isn't very creative at all, but he doesn't pretend to be. He knows his limitations and plays within those. Despite being undersized, he protects the puck well, but he doesn't do it a whole lot. He isn't a run and gun player, he isn't fast enough for that and he very rarely comes flying down the wing and shoots. He's the kind of player who sets up shop in a scoring area and waits for the puck to come to him.

I think he's still a ways away from the NHL, even though his stats look real nice. It certainly doesn't hurt that he plays with Sarault (and Galchenyuk for a large portion of the year), but to say that he entirely relies on them just isn't true. He's a good prospect in his own right. That said, I don't see him being anything more than an 2nd/3rd liner at this point. He isn't the best skater, he isn't creative, and past his offensive zone positioning and wrist shot, he doesn't really have any qualities that say "top six" player to me. But he's amongst the best at what he does and that alone could make him a valuable NHLer in the future.
Sound like Moulson

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Strong Island

He's going to be a guy who needs to produce at a top six level to stay in the NHL. Basically a clone of post-lockout Petr Sykora.

Strong Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
Sound like Moulson
Good comparison

Old
01-26-2013, 02:09 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Sounds like Petr Sykora.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote