HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
CootaRoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Zolnierczyk did something stupid when he was young too (check out his wikipedia page for the info). Mind you, it was before he was in the organization, but they seemed to have kept it off the ice
He was already with the org when it happened - I remember the lynch mob on here.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
You might be right but the Flyers top 6 is currently set for awhile. They might trade someone, but they might also sign someone like Corey Perry this offseason or trade for Bobby Ryan, who I think will be a Flyer at some point. Plus any forward taken in the 1st rd will bump him down. The longer he is in the AHL, the less likely he will make it as a top 6 forward.
agreed. little off topic but i don't think Flyers get Perry. Like every other big FA they'll probably try but i don't think he'll be a Flyer. Ryan on the other hand i think will at one point be a Flyer, i just hope he comes here as a UFA.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
He was already with the org when it happened - I remember the lynch mob on here.
Harry Z? No it was prior to his signing.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
What?

He was arrested in 2007.

He signed with the Flyers in 2011.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:38 PM
CootaRoo

I stand corrected.

Though that does make the faux-outrage over it on here even more disconcerting since it was 4 years after the fact.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I stand corrected.

Though that does make the faux-outrage over it on here even more disconcerting since it was 4 years after the fact.
I don't think theer was any outrage (faux or otherwise) surrounding Harry Z. What he did was stupid but it was clearly not anything to be concerned about. IIRC it was that he sent pictures of an ex girlfriend or posted them online or something and they were of her when she was underage. Illegal, yes but nothing sinister. Certainly nothing like what Cousins is accused of.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't think theer was any outrage (faux or otherwise) surrounding Harry Z. What he did was stupid but it was clearly not anything to be concerned about. IIRC it was that he sent pictures of an ex girlfriend or posted them online or something and they were of her when she was underage. Illegal, yes but nothing sinister. Certainly nothing like what Cousins is accused of.
There most definitely was - go search the board.

His FRIEND video taped himself with HIS girlfriend and streamed it to Z (whether or not Z had prior knowledge of the transaction at the time is unknown). There are RUMORS that he showed some teammates the video, but nothing concrete AFAIK, but even if he did... who wouldn't have done the same back in HS?

The whole thing was ridiculous... his friend was guilty of being a bad boyfriend and Z was guilty of being a normal HS boy, imo.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:

His FRIEND video taped himself with HIS girlfriend and streamed it to Z (whether or not Z had prior knowledge of the transaction at the time is unknown). There are RUMORS that he showed some teammates the video, but nothing concrete AFAIK, but even if he did... who wouldn't have done the same back in HS?

The whole thing was ridiculous... his friend was guilty of being a bad boyfriend and Z was guilty of being a normal HS boy, imo.
I think you're selling "HS boys" pretty short. What he did was wrong, and I would wager the majority of high schoolers would not have done the same thing.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:32 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:

What Harry Z did was pretty assholish, and what he did probably made high school pretty awful for that girl. That being said I can't say if I had such a video at that age I wouldn't show it to a few friends though I think now it would be wrong, and making it available online in any form is just a terrible idea.

What Cousins is accused of sounds much worse, but at this time I don't think anyone really knows anything about the case and no ruling has been made as I don't think a trial has even started yet.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 01-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
toughfighter83*

if the flyers are trying out scott laughton, why not bring up oliver lauridsen, i dont know why not try him out, maybe he'll provide some good d.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Krishna

We already have enough D in the NHL that are on one way deals.

Can't waive them without getting a cap penalty

Old
01-14-2013, 07:03 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
if the flyers are trying out scott laughton, why not bring up oliver lauridsen, i dont know why not try him out, maybe he'll provide some good d.
because he's not providing good d for the Phantoms

Old
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
because he's not providing good d for the Phantoms
Neither was Bourdon.

That being said Scooby Doo isn't necessary this year.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Lauridsen leads the Phantoms in +/- by a mile with a +8. 17 players are a minus.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Bourdon was thrown into a sink or swim situation and actually swam... That's an exception to the rule, not the rule... See: Marshall, K.

Granted, I do think there is some merit to the notion that a defensemen can be more successful in the NHL than the A. The forwards defensive support is miles better in the big league, and so is the overall system. It's not hard to believe that in a limited, sheltered role like 6D a decent prospect could be sufficient, like Bourdon.

I like Lauridsen, and I hope he can be an NHL player one day, and from the Phantoms games I've watched he's been a LOT better than people here are giving him credit for. Remember, the Phantoms are an overall disaster at the moment.

In spite of all that though, now is not his time.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
Our defense is already slow, no reason to make it slower.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post
Lauridsen leads the Phantoms in +/- by a mile with a +8. 17 players are a minus.
Well in that case, why not bring him up?

Old
01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Well in that case, why not bring him up?
It was said that Lauridsen was not providing good defense for the Phantoms. I posted his impressive +/-. If you can point me to where in my post I gave an opinion regarding where he should be playing, I'd love to see it.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
It was said that Lauridsen was not providing good defense for the Phantoms. I posted his impressive +/-. If you can point me to where in my post I gave an opinion regarding where he should be playing, I'd love to see it.
He's shaking his head because +/- doesnt mean anything.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Krishna

Quote:
+/- is useless.

Lilja finished as a +9 last year. Where is all that good defense he is providing?

Old
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
He's shaking his head because +/- doesnt mean anything.
Quote:
+/- is useless.

Lilja finished as a +9 last year. Where is all that good defense he is providing?
I agree to an extent, but I think you guys also need to ask yourself whether it's time to revise your opinions. +/- doesn't tell you how fast someone skates, but if someone has a positive value in that category, it means he was used effectively in EQ situations. Even if he was just a pylon that could be skated around at will, he must have provided something that led a team of only 4 able skaters to then score 9 more goals than the other teams that had 5 of them.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
+/- is useless.

It's one thing when the whole defense finishes around that. It's another when you're a +8 and everyone else is deep into minus territory.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:09 AM
FlyersFan61290

I've watched more then a few games this year and I have to say out of the currently active D-men we have down there Syvret has played all around the best followed closely by Lauridsen. I don't know where all this negativity surrounding him is coming form.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Prongo
Beer

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Well Seth Jones has taken over the #1 spot at the midterm for prospects.

Where is my boy Krishna at, Zadorov is ranked 30th for North American skaters, but Pulock is ranked 6th.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I've watched more then a few games this year and I have to say out of the currently active D-men we have down there Syvret has played all around the best followed closely by Lauridsen. I don't know where all this negativity surrounding him is coming form.
Yeh, in the 7 and a half games I have seen (about, streams dried up after about november!) he looked better than most of the Phantoms D, only him, Syvret and Gus looked like they could actually play hockey!

Closed Thread