HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Prospect Thread IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 11:21 AM
  #976
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,661
vCash: 500
THREE STARS
1. Larsson: 1-1=2 in 3gp
2. Gilmour: 0-3=3 in 3gp
3. Uh...

NO ES BUENO
- Pretty much all the other Aeros sucked as they went 0-3 on the weekend
- Bussieres has gotten pretty cold the last couple weeks
- And the rest of the prospects have been "meh" or bad statistically

NEWS
- Bulmer and Kampfer have returned from injuries to continue their mediocre play with Houston.
- Mikko Lehtonen seems to have left the KHL and joined the Zurich Lions of I believe the Swiss league.
- Cody Almond still not playing, from what I gather he's close to a return.
- I have no idea what is going on with Bjorn Krupp. HockeyDB claims he was on two teams this year but now is on neither roster...the team website claims he played only four games this year...and EliteDB says he played 23 games with 5 points. I'm going with them.
- I had to do actual internet research on the last three notes.

NHL
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave

AHL/ECHL
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
LJason Zucker5'1117421AHLHouston Aeros3416173335-9    
LJohan Larsson5'1020020.5AHLHouston Aeros3810122216-1    
RJustin Fontaine5'1017025.2AHLHouston Aeros288142222    
DBrian Connelly5'1117026.6AHLHouston Aeros332202284    
CMikael Granlund5'1018020.9AHLHouston Aeros21813218-4    
CCharlie Coyle6'220520.9AHLHouston Aeros381292120-8    
RNick Palmieri6'222523.5AHLHouston Aeros3691019339    
CDavid McIntyre6'019026AHLHouston Aeros3779162213    
DChay Genoway5'917726.1AHLHouston Aeros364913295    
CZack Phillips6'017520.2AHLHouston Aeros35211134-10    
DMarco Scandella6'221622.9AHLHouston Aeros2311011131    
LKris Foucault6'120222.1AHLHouston Aeros2356112-5    
DTyler Cuma6'218023AHLHouston Aeros3016714-6    
CChad Rau5'1117526AHLHouston Aeros2342641    
DSteven Kampfer5'1119724.3AHLHouston Aeros1706610-14    
CCarson McMillan6'120024.4AHLHouston Aeros2614583    
DJonas Brodin6'116619.5AHLHouston Aeros822442    
CJoel Broda6'019623.2AHLHouston Aeros2822422-5    
LBrett Bulmer6'318520.7AHLHouston Aeros1911219-8    
DKyle Medvec6'519124.6AHLHouston Aeros15202131    
DJosh Caron6'221521.9AHLHouston Aeros110007-1    
GMatt Hackett6'217022.9AHLHouston Aeros      30132.620.907
GDarcy Kuemper6'419522.7AHLHouston Aeros      952.180.919
DSean Lorenz6'119122.9ECHLOrlando Solar Bears221894-1    
DKyle Medvec   ECHLOrlando Solar Bears12347162    
DJosh Caron   ECHLOrlando Solar Bears2011239-2    

Europe
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
CCody Almond6'219923.5Swiss-AGeneve Servette2661319404    
DDaniel Gunnarsson6'520120.8SELLulea HF385611147    
RMikko Lehtonen6'319625.8KHLCherepovets Severstal2336980    
DBjorn Krupp6'218921.9DELCologne Sharks23145126    
CChristoph Bertschy5'1017018.8Swiss-ABern27224141    
GDennis Endras6'016727.5DELMannheim Eagles      28172.250.927
GJohan Gustafsson6'220220.9SELLulea HF      24141.650.929

College
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
LErik Haula5'1018421.8WCHAU. of Minnesota19917268     
FMario Lucia6'218719.4CCHANotre Dame1255106     
DNick Seeler6'017019.6WCHAU. of Nebraska-Omaha2125732     
DJohn Draeger6'218619.1CCHAMichigan State University2214510     
CAnthony Hamburg6'118521.4R.I.T.AHA1523510     

Junior
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
LRaphael Bussieres6'119519.2QMJHLBaie-Comeau Drakkar432027472619    
CTyler Graovac6'317919.7OHLOttawa 67's302114358-16    
CTyler Graovac   OHLBelleville Bulls314542    
CAdam Gilmour6'219319USHLMuskegon Lumberjacks37121628613    
LLouis Nanne5'1117118.6BCHLPenticton Vees3113132612     
DMathew Dumba6'018418.5WHLRed Deer Rebels4310132355-3    
DColton Jobke6'017520.8WHLRegina Pats232141644-1    
GStephen Michalek6'219619.5USHLCedar Rapids RoughRiders      1472.90.904

2012 WJC-U20
PosNameHtWtAgeLeagueTeamGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPWGAASave
CChristoph Bertschy5'1017018.8 Switzerland632584    
FMario Lucia6'218719.4 USA701101    

Jarick is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
  #977
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
I saw Gilmour live on Saturday, so look for a write up on FRB in the next day or two.

firstroundbust is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 04:43 PM
  #978
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,835
vCash: 710
Oh, Graovac got traded?

Is this good or bad for him?

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 05:47 PM
  #979
Joe Cool
Registered User
 
Joe Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Does Graovac need to be signed by June 1 2013?

Joe Cool is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
  #980
grN1g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,526
vCash: 500
graovoc should have got 3rd star, 4pts in his first game after being traded, then assist in his last game for 1-4-5 in 3gp.

edit: i believe we have until 2014 to sign graovoc, i could be wrong tho.

grN1g is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
  #981
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,212
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
graovoc should have got 3rd star, 4pts in his first game after being traded, then assist in his last game for 1-4-5 in 3gp.
Sounds like he would be our first star. Everyone else seems to be in a slump.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 07:14 PM
  #982
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,835
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Oh, Graovac got traded?

Is this good or bad for him?
By this question I meant will this have an impact on his play this season? Is he going to be more relied on for offense than before? Or is he joining a better team that he can help to win a championship?

Basically is his situation better or worse than before, is what I am getting at, if anyone has any answers.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
  #983
Ovechkid08
Registered User
 
Ovechkid08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
By this question I meant will this have an impact on his play this season? Is he going to be more relied on for offense than before? Or is he joining a better team that he can help to win a championship?

Basically is his situation better or worse than before, is what I am getting at, if anyone has any answers.
I'm not an OHL follower but from what I've gathered the Bulls made some big additions for a playoff run, Graovac being one of them to fill a scoring role and I think it will be a good situation for Graovac. He has started top line center with Gaunce moved to wing and it will be a great way for him to explore his offense more and continue to develop his defensive play against top players.

Apparently the team is opening up its style a bit more to play something that would actually be similar to the Wild's and Pitt's style on offense with excellent defense as well. I really think it will be a good fit and team experience for a Wild prospect to go through in development.

Ovechkid08 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:29 PM
  #984
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Hey guys, is Granlund basically a lock for the roster this season? And if so, what line will he play on?

I'm in a fantasy pool that requires each person pick a rookie and he seems like a good option.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
  #985
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Hey guys, is Granlund basically a lock for the roster this season? And if so, what line will he play on?
Yes, he'll be the second line center

Jaykay is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:37 PM
  #986
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 500
From the new Strib article posted in another thread:

Quote:
He is going to be a really, really good player,” Yeo said of Dumba. “It’s a big jump. One week you’re playing junior hockey and the next week you’re coming out playing against world class players. I think he’s done a real nice job. You can see his strengths. He had that one great shift in the offensive zone. They controlled the puck down there for 45 seconds, to a minute, and a lot of it was going through him on the blue line. He has a great shot and he skates extremely well.”

Generic User is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
  #987
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,835
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkid08 View Post
I'm not an OHL follower but from what I've gathered the Bulls made some big additions for a playoff run, Graovac being one of them to fill a scoring role and I think it will be a good situation for Graovac. He has started top line center with Gaunce moved to wing and it will be a great way for him to explore his offense more and continue to develop his defensive play against top players.

Apparently the team is opening up its style a bit more to play something that would actually be similar to the Wild's and Pitt's style on offense with excellent defense as well. I really think it will be a good fit and team experience for a Wild prospect to go through in development.
That sounds great. Thanks for the info man. Hopefully Graovac does well.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
  #988
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
graovoc should have got 3rd star, 4pts in his first game after being traded, then assist in his last game for 1-4-5 in 3gp.

edit: i believe we have until 2014 to sign graovoc, i could be wrong tho.
That was first star last week. Didn't do much this week.

Graovac from what I gather flips between Jason Spezza and Benoit Pouliot. Sometimes he's lights out unbelievably skilled and scores and sometimes he's Charmin soft and completely invisible.

Jarick is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
  #989
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Prospect Viewing: Adam Gilmour

firstroundbust is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  #990
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cool View Post
Does Graovac need to be signed by June 1 2013?
I believe so.

firstroundbust is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
  #991
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cool View Post
Does Graovac need to be signed by June 1 2013?
Unless that got changed in the new CBA. Haven't really done too much research into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I'd be worried if [NHL head coach] didn't say something positive about [new first round pick]. It's one of the annual feel-good articles.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:47 AM
  #992
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Why isn't Michalek at Harvard ?

For those who have seen them:

How is Phillips doing ?

Does anyone think that Bertschy could make it ?


Any sleepers in our pool ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:51 AM
  #993
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,835
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Why isn't Michalek at Harvard ?

For those who have seen them:

How is Phillips doing ?

Does anyone think that Bertschy could make it ?


Any sleepers in our pool ?
Michalek was apparently caught in some academic scandal with a few other players. My guess would be that they all had the same class together and were all using the same answers or something. They all left the team and Michalek is now playing in the USHL.

Phillips is apparently doing average-to-bad offensively, but the Aeros head coach has gone on record recently saying that the teams relies on Phillips defensively now and he has been excelling at that.

Bertschy got a bunch of points at the World Juniors. He could possibly make something out of it, but who knows.

Graovac, Draeger, Seeler, and Gilmour are my 'sleepers'. Graovac is obvious. Draeger and Seeler have been doing great in the NCAA, and FRB just had a good article on Gilmour. Any of them could potentially make it. I didn't realize how big Gilmour is. Dude is a center that is 6'3.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:47 AM
  #994
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,185
vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Michalek was apparently caught in some academic scandal with a few other players. My guess would be that they all had the same class together and were all using the same answers or something. They all left the team and Michalek is now playing in the USHL.

Phillips is apparently doing average-to-bad offensively, but the Aeros head coach has gone on record recently saying that the teams relies on Phillips defensively now and he has been excelling at that.

Bertschy got a bunch of points at the World Juniors. He could possibly make something out of it, but who knows.

Graovac, Draeger, Seeler, and Gilmour are my 'sleepers'. Graovac is obvious. Draeger and Seeler have been doing great in the NCAA, and FRB just had a good article on Gilmour. Any of them could potentially make it. I didn't realize how big Gilmour is. Dude is a center that is 6'3.
Yea, Michalek and co. got caught cheating on a take home test. Go figure.

I still think Phillips is a dynamic player, they just haven't used him enough on the PP and top lines.

I didn't know Gilmour was that tall. He's got a good frame. It'll be great if he pulls a Graovac and gains 20 pounds over the summer.

Victorious Secret is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
  #995
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstroundbust View Post
Good article.

I often see remarks that such and such player could be a second liner (in this case)...as a scout what gives you that impression? Success at a younger age? Traits of NHL scorers vs other junior scorers? Something else?

Jarick is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
  #996
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Was Michalek doing well at Harvard ? How long has he been in the USHL for ?

I'm hoping Phillips gets a chance in a top 6 role..


Graovac just keeps getting better and better.

I'm glad to see that our scouting is finding players. I felt like our pool was kinda bare with a lot of players in the Pro's.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:21 PM
  #997
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,661
vCash: 500
Michalek played decent last year, I think their starter got hurt. But this year he was third on the depth chart. He went to the USHL to get playing time. Started off slow, gotten a little better. I honestly don't know much about goalies but he's off the radar, not like Hackett, Kuemper, and Gustavsson.

Jarick is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
  #998
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Good article.

I often see remarks that such and such player could be a second liner (in this case)...as a scout what gives you that impression? Success at a younger age? Traits of NHL scorers vs other junior scorers? Something else?

It's what he does with the puck; his puck skills/offensive traits are deceptively good- he's so responsible already, skates very well for a player of his size so you can see him being a 3rd line guy for sure. But you also see that he can do some things in the offensive zone that makes you think he can contribute at higher levels.

The trick will be to coax out and develop that offensive element- my fear is that he'll be pigeonholed into a checking role because of how he plays already. 3-4 years at BC, being "the guy" who is depended on to contribute offensively, etc. is what he needs.

firstroundbust is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
  #999
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Michalek played decent last year, I think their starter got hurt. But this year he was third on the depth chart. He went to the USHL to get playing time. Started off slow, gotten a little better. I honestly don't know much about goalies but he's off the radar, not like Hackett, Kuemper, and Gustavsson.
And because of avcademic violations

forthewild is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
  #1000
Nsjohnson
Registered User
 
Nsjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Yea, Michalek and co. got caught cheating on a take home test. Go figure.

I still think Phillips is a dynamic player, they just haven't used him enough on the PP and top lines.

I didn't know Gilmour was that tall. He's got a good frame. It'll be great if he pulls a Graovac and gains 20 pounds over the summer.
I actually don't think he should gain necessarily 20 lbs. He's a little over 200 right now, and more weight might cause him to lose a step. I think if he weighed 210-15max, that would be good. Perry only weighs a hair over 200. And Graovac doesn't play a power forward, hard hitting game. (Although, he might have to if he wants to make it in the NHL)

Nsjohnson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.