HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
  #251
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
How much? And would you have any pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
I'll take pics tonight and PM you with details.
Sorry that took so long. Got home later than I thought. Here are some pics:






Original price on the jersey was $199, but I found a guy on Ebay who is selling the exact same thing for $129 plus $14 shipping...$143 total. So, I could do $130 shipped to make it a better deal. Lemme know......

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
  #252
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Merry Christmas to me, from...ME! After asking my wife for a jersey for christmas and being told I should just have my hobby for myself, I did just that and ordered myself this Joe Sakic 2004 all star jersey. MVP of the game and a really nice jersey. Nicer than I thought. The stars across the bottom, the lettering on the front and the NHL shield are all felt, not twill. The all star patch is really nice, too.



Next is another Sakic all star jersey. This time it's a replica I had done up at Denver Athletic. Replicas aren't as nice as authentics and this one proves the rule. Just doesn't measure up to the above jersey or my Forsberg all star from '01. But the lettering is precise, the color scheme is sharp and the game in '01 was here, so it's a cool jersey. And it'll look just fine at the Pepsi Center after they end the lockout here in the next few days.


By the way, the first jersey was a SMOKIN' deal. $99 for the whole thing from FullMoonJerseys on Ebay, shipping included. Find an avs patch for $15 or so and you've got an authentic jersey fully customized and accurate to the on-ice version. Authentic blanks can't be had for that price sometimes. He's got more listed in the Sakic '04 in size 46 and 48, check it out.


Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 08-18-2013 at 10:42 PM.
SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
  #253
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Merry Christmas to me, from...ME! After asking my wife for a jersey for christmas and being told I should just have my hobby for myself, I did just that and ordered myself this Joe Sakic 2004 all star jersey. MVP of the game and a really nice jersey. Nicer than I thought. The stars across the bottom, the lettering on the front and the NHL shield are all felt, not twill. The all star patch is really nice, too. All it lacks is the Avs patch for the shoulder opposite the all star patch.

Next is another Sakic all star jersey. This time it's a replica I had done up at Denver Athletic. Replicas aren't as nice as authentics and this one proves the rule. Just doesn't measure up to the above jersey or my Forsberg all star from '01. But the lettering is precise, the color scheme is sharp and the game in '01 was here, so it's a cool jersey. And it'll look just fine at the Pepsi Center after they end the lockout here in the next few days.

By the way, the first jersey was a SMOKIN' deal. $99 for the whole thing from FullMoonJerseys on Ebay, shipping included. Find an avs patch for $15 or so and you've got an authentic jersey fully customized and accurate to the on-ice version. Authentic blanks can't be had for that price sometimes. He's got more listed in the Sakic '04 in size 46 and 48, check it out.

DUDE! BOTH of those are amazing! Especially the top one.

And check your PM, I just sent you one.

RockLobster is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
  #254
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
DUDE! BOTH of those are amazing! Especially the top one.

And check your PM, I just sent you one.
Thanks, man. I waited on the '04 for about 3 months, deciding on whether to get it or not. NHL network replayed the game a few weeks ago & watching Sakic get the hat trick and MVP again re-lit the fire and I ordered it on Christmas day. Like I said, I didn't know how much I'd like it, but it is really, really nice.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:31 PM
  #255
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
So I'm not exactly looking to start a collection yet. Small steps due to lack of money at the moment thanks to College. I'm just looking for an Avs blank jersey to wear at pick up hockey and the like. I'm a goalie so the jersey is going to need to be pretty big but I want it to look halfway decent too.

I was looking here and what do you guys think?
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hock...tml#reviewsTab

Gigantor The Goalie is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #256
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
So I'm not exactly looking to start a collection yet. Small steps due to lack of money at the moment thanks to College. I'm just looking for an Avs blank jersey to wear at pick up hockey and the like. I'm a goalie so the jersey is going to need to be pretty big but I want it to look halfway decent too.

I was looking here and what do you guys think?
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hock...tml#reviewsTab
I want to get a Barrie jersey from that site but with shipping included it is around $190 for me. Do you guys know any other sites that are having sales?

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:00 PM
  #257
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
So I'm not exactly looking to start a collection yet. Small steps due to lack of money at the moment thanks to College. I'm just looking for an Avs blank jersey to wear at pick up hockey and the like. I'm a goalie so the jersey is going to need to be pretty big but I want it to look halfway decent too.

I was looking here and what do you guys think?
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hock...tml#reviewsTab
I feel the College vs. money issue, my friend. I graduated 12 years ago and I'll be paying for the rest of my life. My wife and I could drive 2 new cars for the price of our loan payments....

Not sure what style of jersey you're looking for, but if you aren't committed to an Edge design you can find a replica jersey in the old style on Ebay in an XXL for cheaper than HockeyMonkey's price. And some Edge jerseys that beat that price, too.

Here's a few links to stuff on Ebay @ much better prices:
Craig Anderson customized XXL (hey, he's a goalie)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-REEBOK-P...item5650fb4a3d

Blank blueberry 3rd XXL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-REEBOK-C...item43b74a936b

Here's a few pretty cool practice jerseys, new and old style. May look good at the rink & nice prices:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Reebok-2...item3a7cba777f
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Ava...item3cc59f68ec
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BLACK-C...item53ebb97fd1

Brand new CCM replica burgundy XXL:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORADO-AVA...item5ae3f0b001

And an old Starter replica for cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star...item2a253b49e2

Personally, I kinda like the black Reebok practice jersey. Good luck.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:11 PM
  #258
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
I feel the College vs. money issue, my friend. I graduated 12 years ago and I'll be paying for the rest of my life. My wife and I could drive 2 new cars for the price of our loan payments....

Not sure what style of jersey you're looking for, but if you aren't committed to an Edge design you can find a replica jersey in the old style on Ebay in an XXL for cheaper than HockeyMonkey's price. And some Edge jerseys that beat that price, too.

Here's a few links to stuff on Ebay @ much better prices:
Craig Anderson customized XXL (hey, he's a goalie)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-REEBOK-P...item5650fb4a3d

Blank blueberry 3rd XXL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-REEBOK-C...item43b74a936b

Here's a few pretty cool practice jerseys, new and old style. May look good at the rink & nice prices:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Reebok-2...item3a7cba777f
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Ava...item3cc59f68ec
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BLACK-C...item53ebb97fd1

Brand new CCM replica burgundy XXL:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORADO-AVA...item5ae3f0b001

And an old Starter replica for cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star...item2a253b49e2

Personally, I kinda like the black Reebok practice jersey. Good luck.
Thanks a lot! Might buy the Anderson jersey as I know I won't really freak out if it gets ruined. Plus I liked his first season here and the playoffs, wasn't a big fan of his second season though. I already have a Starter Roy jersey that I'll take pictures of and post on here hopefully tomorrow.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
  #259
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I want to get a Barrie jersey from that site but with shipping included it is around $190 for me. Do you guys know any other sites that are having sales?
If you're ok with a Premier jersey customized by a company other than Denver Athletic.....coolhockey.com is having a customization sale right now. Looks like your Barrie would go for $130 before shipping. Jersey $109 on sale, $21 customization sale. SportsK.com will get you one for $160 blueberry 3rd, $165 for home & road. Regular price, don't think that's a sale.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
  #260
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Thanks a lot! Might buy the Anderson jersey as I know I won't really freak out if it gets ruined. Plus I liked his first season here and the playoffs, wasn't a big fan of his second season though. I already have a Starter Roy jersey that I'll take pictures of and post on here hopefully tomorrow.
No worries. That's a great price for a customized jersey. Play like he played against the sharks in game 3 of the 2010 playoffs and no one will say a thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-06bXkPaQE
Listen close and you can hear me in section 322, chanting, well screaming actually "AN-DEE, AN-DEE" until my throat bleeds. Still got the pom pom from my seat in the closet.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
  #261
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
If you're ok with a Premier jersey customized by a company other than Denver Athletic.....coolhockey.com is having a customization sale right now. Looks like your Barrie would go for $130 before shipping. Jersey $109 on sale, $21 customization sale. SportsK.com will get you one for $160 blueberry 3rd, $165 for home & road. Regular price, don't think that's a sale.
The lettering on coolhockey.com for the Avs jerseys doesn't look right.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:58 PM
  #262
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
The lettering on coolhockey.com for the Avs jerseys doesn't look right.
Yeh, that's the risk you run if you're gonna go with an outside company to do your customization. Outside companies use what they call Authentic Pro Fonts or NHL & NHLPA Licensed Customization. Close (some closer than others), but not exact to on-ice. If you did their preview jersey button, I don't think I'd expect the jersey to look exactly like their image, either. Seems like it's just a quick preview that gives a quick general idea of what it'll look like. I see the autographed jerseys they're selling, too and you're right, the lettering on those jerseys is brutal. Maybe email them and ask for a pic of an avs jersey they've done. Can't hurt to ask.

Prices are higher, but I've heard good things about IceJerseys and I know HockeyMonkey does (or did at one point) on-ice jerseys for the Minnesota Wild so they know what they're doing. I guess you get what you pay for. For me (broken record here) I'd save up a few more bucks, buy a new blank from Ebay - premier or authentic, doesn't matter - and send it off to Denver Athletic. Complete peace of mind and no worries at all about fonts, lettering, etc. A little more $ but you know you won't be disappointed. $130 for something you hate, are embarrassed of, and won't wear is like taking your buck thirty and burning it. Lots worse than $200 for something you love, know without a shadow of a doubt that it's right, and are proud to wear.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:14 PM
  #263
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
This one looks legit. Price is good too, if only it were the White Jersey...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Sakic-Co...item25793cb0b1

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:38 PM
  #264
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
This one looks legit. Price is good too, if only it were the White Jersey...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Sakic-Co...item25793cb0b1
This one's been listed more than a couple of times over the past few months. Jersey itself is totally legit, you're right. Customization looks pretty good, but whenever I see the listing the silver layer doesn't strike me as right. It looks way to shiny and silvery. It should be glittery, but it looks like the material is almost foil-like and too reflective. Font looks right, curve on the name is too hard to gauge 'cause of the way it's folded up for the pic. $200 isn't really a smokin' deal either. It's fair, but isn't blowing the doors off, and you could do a blank, send it in and you'd be right about at your $200. Your call, of course. And, I agree the whites are nicer. Are you thinking about pulling the trigger?

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 11:08 PM
  #265
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
No, I'm looking to get a new Authentic old school white Sakic. I recently lost a ton of weight and the one I have now fits so big its rediclious.

I just came across this one and thought some one around here might be interested. And now that you mention it...the silver does look really extra shiny. Especially at the top of the 9.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 11:19 PM
  #266
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time
 
Avs Hockey Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Mile High City
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
This one's been listed more than a couple of times over the past few months. Jersey itself is totally legit, you're right. Customization looks pretty good, but whenever I see the listing the silver layer doesn't strike me as right. It looks way to shiny and silvery. It should be glittery, but it looks like the material is almost foil-like and too reflective. Font looks right, curve on the name is too hard to gauge 'cause of the way it's folded up for the pic. $200 isn't really a smokin' deal either. It's fair, but isn't blowing the doors off, and you could do a blank, send it in and you'd be right about at your $200. Your call, of course. And, I agree the whites are nicer. Are you thinking about pulling the trigger?
There was a seller on eBay long ago named Griffenfood that used to make reproductions like the Sakic in that listing. Right when I saw that jersey I thought of Griffenfood. He made a bunch of Nordique reproductions with the 75th Anniversary patches as well. The size tag bothers me the most on the Starter. It should look way more like this.



I'd guess that jersey isn't legit (look at the difference in the mesh as compared to my Forsberg in the tag pic) and I'd say that Sakic is what is known as a "Griffenfood Special."

Avs Hockey Podcast is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 12:34 PM
  #267
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs Hockey Podcast View Post
There was a seller on eBay long ago named Griffenfood that used to make reproductions like the Sakic in that listing. Right when I saw that jersey I thought of Griffenfood. He made a bunch of Nordique reproductions with the 75th Anniversary patches as well. The size tag bothers me the most on the Starter. It should look way more like this.



I'd guess that jersey isn't legit (look at the difference in the mesh as compared to my Forsberg in the tag pic) and I'd say that Sakic is what is known as a "Griffenfood Special."
All right Jay, I'm trying to put all this together & make sure I get it. Thanks, by the way, for jumping in and making sure we all have it right. I haven't been around long enough to remember the Griffenfoods, but I've read about them - mostly the 75th anniversary stuff, though. Looks like the neck tagging in the Sakic listing is from '97 in a jersey with a wordmark tail from '98/'99, is that the giveaway? His neck tag looks very similar to my '97s from El Salvador with the 3 pieces - Center Ice/Mise Au Jeu, Size, and Starter/shield logo. Which matches to the tail with the Starter logo with wordmark beneath:

Then the tagging like your Forsberg (nice choice, btw) is the two piece Center Ice Authentic by Starter and the white size tag which matches with the wordmark logo on the tail. So Griffenfood matched the wrong neck tag with the wrong tail tag?


To be honest, I didn't, and still can't see a discernible difference in the meshes. Tough to tell from pics from cameras with differing quality & lighting conditions, but you've got me wondering if I don't have a Griffenfood repro in my collection. I know that El Salvador jerseys and Wisconsin jerseys have slightly different meshes - never seen a Haiti jersey- and WI vs. El Salvador are put together with the grain running in different directions on the sleeves (my 48 in the 2nd set of pics is a WI jersey and the mesh is shinier and a little smoother, if that's possible as is my white blank from WI). Also I've noticed that WI jerseys have the neck tags sewn lower, rather than on the neck seam like on your Forsberg. But I did notice the mesh on the nameplate of the listed Sakic has noticeably larger holes, I just chalked that up to using mesh for a plate that was from another source. Man, if that's a fake it's real hard to see the difference.

Probably also likely that the guy listing the jersey has/had no idea and never knew what he had. Seems like a whole lot of trouble to get material, tags, etc. just to make a repro jersey. Griffenfood would have had to embroider the Starter logo on all the tails, track down countless neck tags for all his jerseys, or make them himself somehow, etc. Could this have possibly been profitable?

Apologies to Colorado Sports Fan for misidentifying as a legit jersey, & thanks again Jay for your expertise.


Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 01-05-2013 at 03:19 PM.
SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  #268
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
No need to apologize, like I said. I'm only looking for an authentic White. Doesn't matter if its Starter, Pro Player or CCM/RBK as long as its old school Sakic.

Besides, I find all the discussion fascinating. I had no clue there was any type of difference in in the Starter jerseys based on where they were made. I knew about different tags as my brothers that he bought at the team store when it was still at cherry creek mall is similar to the one in the auction i posted.

But it's great discussion. Thanks.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
  #269
AvsFanRCN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
How would I go about finding a Duchene Spengler Cup jersey.
if you're willing to put up the money the gameworn duchene spengler cup jersey can be found here

http://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/sports/...dFeatureKey=59

AvsFanRCN is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 09:47 PM
  #270
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
No need to apologize, like I said. I'm only looking for an authentic White. Doesn't matter if its Starter, Pro Player or CCM/RBK as long as its old school Sakic.

Besides, I find all the discussion fascinating. I had no clue there was any type of difference in in the Starter jerseys based on where they were made. I knew about different tags as my brothers that he bought at the team store when it was still at cherry creek mall is similar to the one in the auction i posted.

But it's great discussion. Thanks.
Keep hunting ebay. Something always turns up. Sometimes owners don't know that they have a great jersey and some others know what they have and overprice them. I don't mind overpaying a little bit if I've been hunting for it for over a year like the koho foppa jersey I bought.

And when you get that perfect virgin blank, get it done right at DA. Then you'll have a keeper jersey as long as you don't spill something on it or get it snagged on someting.

My collection is small, but I now have every old style jersey that I want in authentic ccm/koho with my favorite players of that era.

Now I'll move on to new stuff if reebok ever releases a real edge with the wordmark and not the indo edge junk. I'm not hardcore and in a rush like jay to buy a game issued jersey and stripping it to make a wordmark edge landeskog. I can wait another year before doing something similar.

Pirate Deadpool is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
  #271
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Keep hunting ebay. Something always turns up. Sometimes owners don't know that they have a great jersey and some others know what they have and overprice them. I don't mind overpaying a little bit if I've been hunting for it for over a year like the koho foppa jersey I bought.

And when you get that perfect virgin blank, get it done right at DA. Then you'll have a keeper jersey as long as you don't spill something on it or get it snagged on someting.

My collection is small, but I now have every old style jersey that I want in authentic ccm/koho with my favorite players of that era.

Now I'll move on to new stuff if reebok ever releases a real edge with the wordmark and not the indo edge junk. I'm not hardcore and in a rush like jay to buy a game issued jersey and stripping it to make a wordmark edge landeskog. I can wait another year before doing something similar.
Interesting talk on IceJerseys forum that the Indo Edge will be no more. Talk that 2.0s will be made in Canada, if I remember what I read correctly.

Quote from IJ forum:
dte421, on 15 November 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:
I'm hearing that they've shut down hockey jersey production in Indonesia entirely, and basically waiting for the stock to sell out before going to full scale 2.0 production (makes sense). So, while there are still some Canadian team and NYR, CHI, and PIT Indos out there, the 2.0's starting being pumped out because Reebok no longer has any in their warehouse. As other teams follow, the 2.0's will come
.

And funny you should mention getting a GI and stripping it to make a Landeskog. I've been seriously considering picking up a GI blueberry from Meigray and doing just that. Just have to wait until one of their 1/2 price sales to make it affordable.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
  #272
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time
 
Avs Hockey Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Mile High City
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
I'm not hardcore and in a rush like jay to buy a game issued jersey and stripping it to make a wordmark edge landeskog.
Guilty. Once they named him captain I had to make a move. And since there aren't many players that wear a 58+ I wanted to make sure I could get one before they disappeared. It was also a pretty decent deal once MeiGray decided to make the preseason jerseys 50% off during this past sale.

The lack of 2.0 blanks the past few seasons hasn't helped at all either. I've only been able to get my hands on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
And funny you should mention getting a GI and stripping it to make a Landeskog. I've been seriously considering picking up a GI blueberry from Meigray and doing just that. Just have to wait until one of their 1/2 price sales to make it affordable.
Joel, the GIs are never on sale for more than 20% off. Just something MeiGray has stuck to through the years on every sale.

Avs Hockey Podcast is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
  #273
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs Hockey Podcast View Post

Joel, the GIs are never on sale for more than 20% off. Just something MeiGray has stuck to through the years on every sale.
Well, that sucks. But even at 20% off that's still substantially less expensive than the $300 tag IceJerseys is charging for their new Canada Edges. Plus, how long before retail 2.0s are available for the avs? $180 for the 20% off jersey, $75 for the customization is $255 for a game issued w/ Landeskog and I'm still $45 under the blank price for retail. I can live with that. When do they run their sales? I know they have annual/semi annuals, right?

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:35 AM
  #274
billybobjoe1881
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
What jersey did the avs wear when they won their second cup? KOHO?

billybobjoe1881 is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
  #275
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
What jersey did the avs wear when they won their second cup? KOHO?
ccm white and koho red.

Pirate Deadpool is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.