HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012-2013 Individual Game Tickets For Sale

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
The ticket forwarding is working now
oh boy, they sure changed the procedure this year. not sure i like it either. in the past the tickets were attached to the email as a PDF. now you need to "claim" the tickets and then login from that email to print the tickets. in the past if i sold a pair to joe schmoe i would enter his name on the tickets but then email them to myself, and then immediately forward that email to joe schmoe. this way if he said he never got them i could simply re-send the email until he did. looks like that's no longer an option.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:23 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
oh boy, they sure changed the procedure this year. not sure i like it either. in the past the tickets were attached to the email as a PDF. now you need to "claim" the tickets and then login from that email to print the tickets. in the past if i sold a pair to joe schmoe i would enter his name on the tickets but then email them to myself, and then immediately forward that email to joe schmoe. this way if he said he never got them i could simply re-send the email until he did. looks like that's no longer an option.
Yikes, do the same when I sell them here or on Stubhub, guess we can't do etickets on Stubhub anymore?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:23 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
The ticket forwarding is working now
thanks for the heads up, was able to print a bunch of games

Old
01-14-2013, 11:25 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Yikes, do the same when I sell them here or on Stubhub, guess we can't do etickets on Stubhub anymore?
It's just an extra step for forwarding for the recipient. The recipient needs to create a free account now to claim tickets. The good thing is he can manage them from his own account and can re-print any time, and if the Rangers allow it they can resell on ticketsnow

If you want the tickets sent as an attachment, you have to print them first and email them out to the person yourself. You do the same if you want to upload a PDF to stubhub for etickets (no change here)

Old
01-14-2013, 11:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Not sure about SH as I don't really use them. As I had guessed, the team wanted more control of the information on who we forward tickets to. Now they have the name and email of someone to market to. Basically they can offer them promotions via email and also steer them to buy from the Rangers (by directing traffic to ticket exchange).

Old
01-14-2013, 11:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
It's just an extra step for forwarding for the recipient. The recipient needs to create a free account now to claim tickets. The good thing is he can manage them from his own account and can re-print any time, and if the Rangers allow it they can resell on ticketsnow

If you want the tickets sent as an attachment, you have to print them first and email them out to the person yourself. You do the same if you want to upload a PDF to stubhub for etickets (no change here)
So if I claim and "print" them I'm really only creating a PDF? I was thinking they would actually be printed on paper. That's good to know.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:29 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Sure you can. I've had to use this function fairly often since I'm still locked out of my office due to Sandy (I had a bunch of concert tickets there). You transfer the tickets to yourself (your email address). Once you accept the transfer, you can use any info you want for name, address, etc. then you log in to ticketmaster, get the order history and the tickets are there for your to print, email, whatever.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:30 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
So if I claim and "print" them I'm really only creating a PDF? I was thinking they would actually be printed on paper. That's good to know.
Not sure I follow. Forwarding has always been to do with PDFs, you print them whenever you want. On stubhub people can upload PDFs or offer to ship hard tickets via fedex

Old
01-14-2013, 11:30 PM
17futurecap

Quote:

Right, am not thinking straight need to go to bed .

Old
01-14-2013, 11:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Not sure I follow. Forwarding has always been to do with PDFs, you print them whenever you want. On stubhub people can upload PDFs or offer to ship hard tickets via fedex
Right, so what you are saying is it's still via PDF, only you have to go through another step to get the PDF, right? So I can still have them put Joe Schmoe's name on them, but use my email address, then claim them and "print" the PDFs, attach same to an email and then forward to Joe...sound about right?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Right, so what you are saying is it's still via PDF, only you have to go through another step to get the PDF, right? So I can still have them put Joe Schmoe's name on them, but use my email address, then claim them and "print" the PDFs, attach same to an email and then forward to Joe...sound about right?
If the PDF is for you, there's no extra step, you just click "print" instead of "forward". When you click print, you are downloading a PDF with your name on it. If you click forward, the recipient has to have or create an account just like yours where he can download the PDF with his name on it

Old
01-14-2013, 11:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
If the PDF is for you, there's no extra step, you just click "print" instead of "forward". When you click print, you are downloading a PDF with your name on it. If you click forward, the recipient has to have or create an account just like yours where he can download the PDF with his name on it
ok, but what if I want to put your name on the tickets but then print them myself and forward them to you?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
ok, but what if I want to put your name on the tickets but then print them myself and forward them to you?
No can do. You can't print to download a PDF with someone else's name on it

Old
01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
No can do. You can't print to download a PDF with someone else's name on it
So what happens if I put your name on them but use my email address? I would get the email asking you to claim them...but would I not be able to get past that point?

I guess I could just print the tickets with no name, email to myself, claim/print them and then forward to you.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Just put your own name on the tickets, who cares? They don't check names/IDs at the gate, they only scan to see if the barcode's good.

And having non-unique presale codes is retarded, might as well not have them at all.

We have the internet now, a presale code can be spread to a million people within 5 minutes.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:23 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Just put your own name on the tickets, who cares? They don't check names/IDs at the gate, they only scan to see if the barcode's good.
I know the tickets will be good...but the people I'm selling them to generally feel more comfortable seeing their name on them. But I guess I can just put no name on them if it won't be possible to put someone else's name but also print them myself. Stupid new system. lol

Old
01-15-2013, 12:34 AM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Is there a pricing chart anywhere for individual game tix? Can't seem to find one.

Looking for 2 tix in the 200s center ice section for 3/3/12 vs BUF

Old
01-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
I know the tickets will be good...but the people I'm selling them to generally feel more comfortable seeing their name on them. But I guess I can just put no name on them if it won't be possible to put someone else's name but also print them myself. Stupid new system. lol
lol, what?

Are you selling to people who've never been to a game before or something? Anyone who's been to a game wouldn't even think about the name on the tickets..

If I'm buying tix I don't worry about anything except the barcodes working. If they don't work then you're getting a chargeback, so even there I'm not terribly concerned about getting bogus tickets if I'm buying them online.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:41 AM
masken

Im looking for two tix for the Bruins-game Wed 23rd of Jan, sec 209-213 or 222-226.
Want to see Kung Henrik again.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Welke94

Looking for 2 tickets for the opener. But 1 will work. Die hard fan leaving for school next wednesday and this will be the only game ill be able to see until I come back. Please pm what you have thanks a lot.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:06 AM
nyrmetros

It's 7am now. Has anyone received the email with the pre sale code yet?

Old
01-15-2013, 07:37 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
It's 7am now. Has anyone received the email with the pre sale code yet?
why would we send it to you? its for season ticket holders. but no, it hasnt been sent yet.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Traderalways

When does the ticket exchange go live??

Old
01-15-2013, 07:46 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
why would we send it to you? its for season ticket holders. but no, it hasnt been sent yet.
I would be one if it wasn't for the stupid renovation..... Lol

Old
01-15-2013, 08:05 AM
twistedwrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
When does the ticket exchange go live??
It says STH will be able to post tickets for sale on TicketsNow on the Friday the 18th

Closed Thread