HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey perry available?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
  #51
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
OFFER BOTH GETZLAF and perry 11 mil each for 7 years, 77 mil.
let it get out there nonis.
Exactly. Give them the most money offered. They will sign with the Leafs if the price is right.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:30 PM
  #52
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Seems unlikely that Anaheim would trade either Getzlaf or Perry if they think they can re-sign them in the summer.

The problem with the "get all the free agents" logic that people use EVERY YEAR, is that most guys wont reach free agency. And even if they do, why would they even consider coming here?

If you are Perry or Getzlaf, why not stick with the Ducks, and get that extra year of contract only they can offer? Then if things go sour in Anaheim, just demand a trade. Works out better for everyone. Plus, I dont see guys itching to get out of a city like Anaheim and all it offers. And at least they have won a Cup recently.

Few teams will pay a huge price for either guy when they are in the last year of their deal. And from Anaheim's point of view, why would they trade their two best players unless its a legit hockey deal (ie Carter and Richards trades from Philly)? I cant imagine a fire sale would go over well in that market.

The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
  #53
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
OFFER BOTH GETZLAF and perry 11 mil each for 7 years, 77 mil.
let it get out there nonis.
So then say Kessel has another couple years like last year, you have to pay him what? $15 mil a season?

$8 mil a year for either guy is too much.

The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
  #54
Paladin2799
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I wonder why/how The Star came to the conclusion/speculation that it might be Bergeron on the way out in Beantown?

Perry is pretty special, but I'd still prefer to fill 1C and G first.
There is very few people that I think would be a better fit then getzlaf in toronto.

Bergeron is one of them. Won at every level, great defensive and faceoff specialist, good passer and scorer. absolutely would look golden beside lupul and kessel and leading our #1 PP and PK.

He really reminds me of someone in a situation like jordan staal. Stuck behind good centermen consistantly during his career, and never really given a chance to explode given first line minutes.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
  #55
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,139
vCash: 500
Lupul/Kessel
JVR/Kadri/Frattin/MacArthur/Kulemin

We have 7 wingers fighting for 6 spots, one already has to be on the 4th line.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
  #56
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
If Perry is available this year (cause he won't resign) it'd definitely be for a package similar to Kovalchuks. I'd do 8.5 for 7 years to sign him, and it'd prob make sense to pony up a package for him at the deadline to get him. Colborne + 1st in next four years + Mac + Mckegg?

Top nine of:

JVR-Grabo-Perry
Lupol-Kadri-Kessel
Kuli-Bozak-Frattin

IMO I wouldn't be as worried about our centers, when you have two of probably the top 10 RW in the game you'll be a pretty solid team.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
  #57
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
I'd rather see him dealt to Ottawa, way more young assets to package our way.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
  #58
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95
 
Doug Gilmour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Essex County
Country: Mexico
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
Well, anyone can be had for the "right" package. I don't see this as much in the way of news.

But sure, who wouldn't love a player like Perry on their team.
Heck even Crosby is available for the right price.

Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:53 PM
  #59
Deuce Awesome
Registered User
 
Deuce Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Gardiner and Lupul sounds about right.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:54 PM
  #60
Cool Hand Luke
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
To Anahiem
Kadri
Colborne (edit)
Finn
Philly's 1st

To Toronto
Perry (re-signed)
Couts
Simmonds

To Philly
Kessel


Last edited by Cool Hand Luke: 01-14-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:03 PM
  #61
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
So then say Kessel has another couple years like last year, you have to pay him what? $15 mil a season?

$8 mil a year for either guy is too much.
It's really not. If you want them, you need to pay up.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
  #62
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
To Anahiem
Kadri
Finn
MacArthur
Philly's 1st

To Toronto
Perry (re-signed)
Couts
Simmonds

To Philly
Kessel
LOL.....Phil would not want Kessel.....and if they did they are not giving us a 1st, Couts and Simmonds.

diceman934 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
  #63
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
LOL.....Phil would not want Kessel.....and if they did they are not giving us a 1st, Couts and Simmonds.


They'd be lucky to get Phil Kessel for 20-30th pick, a 2nd line center (at best) and a glorified 3rd liner.

Give me a break.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
  #64
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة
 
Bravid Nonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: أور
Country: Syria
Posts: 10,264
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome View Post
Gardiner and Lupul sounds about right.
lol can you imagine?

Net result of trades

Francois Beauchemin

for

Corey Perry

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:14 PM
  #65
nuck
Axis of Evil
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: North Korea
Posts: 5,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
It's really not. If you want them, you need to pay up.
Not sure what a $60 million cap will do to the top end salaries. Perry would really have to tear it up this season to convince me he is worth over $8 million. Imagine paying 8.5 per for a 60 point guy.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
  #66
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
Not sure what a $60 million cap will do to the top end salaries. Perry would really have to tear it up this season to convince me he is worth over $8 million. Imagine paying 8.5 per for a 60 point guy.
Well we've paid $4.5 for 5-10 points before. I think we could justify well over $8 million for a guaranteed 60-80 point player.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
  #67
Jozay
lolwut?
 
Jozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In someones closet..
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
It's really not. If you want them, you need to pay up.
I get that. But I wouldnt pay 11 mill per year for him. I would probably give him 9-9.5 mill per.

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:43 PM
  #68
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post


They'd be lucky to get Phil Kessel for 20-30th pick, a 2nd line center (at best) and a glorified 3rd liner.

Give me a break.
I gave you a break, and did not insult you.....just because we over paid to Get Kessel does not mean that others will if we trade him.

Couts was a fresh face rookie who played center in the NHL and faced the other teams top players a lot. He killed penalties and was very effective as a shut down center. A big, smooth skating center who has a very high hockey IQ.....Flyers want to keep him. I know him very well as I watched him play the whole year before going to the Q.

Simmons is turning into a top notch power forward.

I would do the deal in a heart beat.....the Flyers would not.

diceman934 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:31 PM
  #69
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
I gave you a break, and did not insult you.....just because we over paid to Get Kessel does not mean that others will if we trade him.

Couts was a fresh face rookie who played center in the NHL and faced the other teams top players a lot. He killed penalties and was very effective as a shut down center. A big, smooth skating center who has a very high hockey IQ.....Flyers want to keep him. I know him very well as I watched him play the whole year before going to the Q.

Simmons is turning into a top notch power forward.

I would do the deal in a heart beat.....the Flyers would not.
@ bolded - huh?

Second, I don't care how much the Flyers want to keep those players.

I'm telling you that Kessel is worth more than those three pieces, and that they'd be fools to turn that deal down.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
  #70
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
It's really not. If you want them, you need to pay up.
You pay them what the going market is, not the going market plus another $4-$5 million.

The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:13 PM
  #71
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
@ bolded - huh?

Second, I don't care how much the Flyers want to keep those players.

I'm telling you that Kessel is worth more than those three pieces, and that they'd be fools to turn that deal down.
Face palm..there was no need for that.

Go float that trade on the main board, and see if others agree......I say that it would be a resounding no!

diceman934 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:20 PM
  #72
rdawg1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
Seems unlikely that Anaheim would trade either Getzlaf or Perry if they think they can re-sign them in the summer.

The problem with the "get all the free agents" logic that people use EVERY YEAR, is that most guys wont reach free agency. And even if they do, why would they even consider coming here?

If you are Perry or Getzlaf, why not stick with the Ducks, and get that extra year of contract only they can offer? Then if things go sour in Anaheim, just demand a trade. Works out better for everyone. Plus, I dont see guys itching to get out of a city like Anaheim and all it offers. And at least they have won a Cup recently.

Few teams will pay a huge price for either guy when they are in the last year of their deal. And from Anaheim's point of view, why would they trade their two best players unless its a legit hockey deal (ie Carter and Richards trades from Philly)? I cant imagine a fire sale would go over well in that market.
The ducks are going downhill, that's why. The team just lost two big prospects, the defense looks terrible, goaltending is suspect And now all of a sudden they have a solid chance to leave.

Not saying they will, I have no idea if they really want to leave, but maybe they do wnat to come to canada and try something new?

I definitely see at least one being traded though if they seem like they want to hit free agency.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.