HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Sympathy For The Devil

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 11:42 PM
  #101
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
close, take out Connauton
Really? That's your deal breaker?

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:44 PM
  #102
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Gillis is working out a deal for Luongo to go to Florida right now. I think that's pretty clear.

FLA: Luongo, Connauton, Read, Philly 2nd, Vancouver 2nd
PHI: Kulikov
VAN: Voracek

I think the value is very fair here. Though Florida is probably looking for more quality than quantity.
I would ask for a lot more than just Voracek for Luongo, Connauton and a 2nd round pick.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:47 PM
  #103
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,889
vCash: 500
pleasebelastthreadpleasebelastthreadpleasebelastth readpleasebelastthreadpleasebelastthread....

alternate is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
  #104
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would ask for a lot more than just Voracek for Luongo, Connauton and a 2nd round pick.
I would too if the situation was different. At this point, we have to assume that Gillis is a facilitator in my hypothetical three way trade. He's adding a little more than he would normally to facilitate a trade between 2 teams who don't really need to do it.

shortshorts is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:51 PM
  #105
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
pleasebelastthreadpleasebelastthreadpleasebelastth readpleasebelastthreadpleasebelastthread....
Tobefollowedby54threadsaboutthetrade.Itwillneveren d.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
  #106
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,441
vCash: 400
I think Vancouver would have to take Theodore back in a Florida trade, is all I'm saying. I don't understand why none of these endless fan proposals ever include him.

kurt is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
  #107
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,921
vCash: 5555
Luongo for Voracek + 2nd is fair value.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
  #108
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I feel Kulikov is getting overrated here.

Potential, yeah its high, Luongo is worth more.

Let alone adding picks and prospects.
Kulikov has 3 seasons under his belt and he's a young 22. This guy has 1st pairing upside with a very good skillset. You're not getting a young gem like this for a soon to be 34 year old IMO.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:01 AM
  #109
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,609
vCash: 500
FLA: Luongo, Read
PHI: Kulikov, Connauton, Florida 2nd
VAN: Voracek

?

shortshorts is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:02 AM
  #110
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,921
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Kulikov has 3 seasons under his belt and he's a young 22. This guy has 1st pairing upside with a very good skillset. You're not getting a young gem like this for a soon to be 34 year old IMO.


Now you're doing it too?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
  #111
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel diamond View Post
The original premise, presumably, was who the "+" was coming back on Toronto's end, assuming the significant part was Gardiner or a 1st or Kadri at the least. Since I don't think anyone here would be thrilled with a package built around Connolly or Bozak (or Frattin, who also seems to keep coming up).

Yes, I thought this was the original premise, but then DTS has changed it from viewing both players as throw ins to now just Connolly being viewed as a throw in. If TOR ate half of his salary _and_ Bozak is not viewed as a throw in, then Connolly absolutely makes more sense. But then the rest of the package has to compensate for that inclusion.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:10 AM
  #112
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yes, I thought this was the original premise, but then DTS has changed it from viewing both players as throw ins to now just Connolly being viewed as a throw in. If TOR ate half of his salary _and_ Bozak is not viewed as a throw in, then Connolly absolutely makes more sense. But then the rest of the package has to compensate for that inclusion.
Changed what? You might want to review the discussion - I just did and at no point gave the impression both players would carry the same weight in trade. Right from the get-go I said Connolly would carry no value in the deal. Bozak obviously would, as he;s the Leafs 1st line centreman.

I have never heard a Leaf fan refer to Connolly as having any positive value in trade. Bozak on the other hand has been refered to as one of the main components of a deal along with Kadri. Their respective values absolutely should not be seen as equal IMO.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
  #113
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post


Now you're doing it too?
What? Saying how old Luongo is? Luongo and I are 2 weeks apart in age. I refer to myself as a soon to be 34 year old as well...

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:30 AM
  #114
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,921
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
What? Saying how old Luongo is? Luongo and I are 2 weeks apart in age. I refer to myself as a soon to be 34 year old as well...
Luongo is 33, and has a third of a year until he turns 34. He will be 33 for basically the entirety of this season. Saying soon-to-be-34 implies something like two weeks.

Sorry for being AR about this.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:36 AM
  #115
NeoCanuck
Registered User
 
NeoCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Vancouver B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NeoCanuck Send a message via MSN to NeoCanuck
Pretty sure we should all just stop posting and wait it out.

http://www.hasluongobeentraded.com/

NeoCanuck is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 12:44 AM
  #116
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck View Post
Pretty sure we should all just stop posting and wait it out.

http://www.hasluongobeentraded.com/
hahaha. reminds me of the Scott gomez scoring website.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 01:25 AM
  #117
PG Canuck
Global Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,501
vCash: 1512
I have a slight feeling a trade happens this week, or some rumours from a reliable source break out.

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 01:34 AM
  #118
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Changed what? You might want to review the discussion - I just did and at no point gave the impression both players would carry the same weight in trade. Right from the get-go I said Connolly would carry no value in the deal. Bozak obviously would, as he;s the Leafs 1st line centreman.

I have never heard a Leaf fan refer to Connolly as having any positive value in trade. Bozak on the other hand has been refered to as one of the main components of a deal along with Kadri. Their respective values absolutely should not be seen as equal IMO.


seanlinden referred to Connolly as having positive value. I think because I was having a conversation with him about Tanev for Connolly (he proposed the deal) that I interposed it to this one.



Yes, I agree that Bozak would have more value to the leafs, and as such would skew value in a trade.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 01:49 AM
  #119
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,599
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
I wouldn't mind Clarke Mcarthur.
MacArthur is basically an offensive Higgins, except little defense to speak of. He could jell with Kesler but I wouldn't be any significance on acquiring him. Frankly, Bozak would be more valuable.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:02 AM
  #120
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I have a slight feeling a trade happens this week, or some rumours from a reliable source break out.
I wonder how many fake twitter source trade threads will be posted on cdc this week.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:06 AM
  #121
Yossarian54
Registered User
 
Yossarian54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
MacArthur is basically an offensive Higgins, except little defense to speak of. He could jell with Kesler but I wouldn't be any significance on acquiring him. Frankly, Bozak would be more valuable.
I dunno, Bozak is pretty damn average despite playing with Kessel and Lupul, also with little defence to speak of. Personally, I would prefer MacArthur for the extra secondary scoring. Both have contracts that expire this year so that's not an issue. However, I would view both as mainly designed to even out salary in any trade that would occur, not as the main piece(s).

Yossarian54 is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:13 AM
  #122
PG Canuck
Global Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,501
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I wonder how many fake twitter source trade threads will be posted on cdc this week.
Where the hell is samjam when we need him the most?!!?

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:20 AM
  #123
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!
 
philer Bozel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Windsor, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
No interest in any of the Leafs' trash? There is a reason Toronto perpetually sucks... Gardiner is really the only piece we'd want... All the other names mentioned are basically throw ins.
Serious question here. Why do Cunuck fan feel like they can get the moon for a 33 year old goalie on a horrible contract ? Gardner and Kadri, Kulikov? It just seems like an overpayment especially with Luongo's tweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I really hope he goes to Florida.

Me too

philer Bozel is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:35 AM
  #124
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philer Bozel View Post
Serious question here. Why do Cunuck fan feel like they can get the moon for a 33 year old goalie on a horrible contract ? Gardner and Kadri, Kulikov? It just seems like an overpayment especially with Luongo's tweet.




Me too
Probably for the same reason Leaf fans overrate their prospects and think overpaid mediocre regulars are of value.

Lonny Bohonos is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:42 AM
  #125
Fat Tony
Registered User
 
Fat Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
I think Vancouver would have to take Theodore back in a Florida trade, is all I'm saying. I don't understand why none of these endless fan proposals ever include him.
I've seen a few that did include him.

Fat Tony is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.