HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
01-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Matrix20027

vCash: 500
11-Jan-13 The Casselman Vikings Jr B have acquired the rights of Devin Desnoyers from the Metcalfe Jets. The rights of Desnoyers will return to Metcalfe for his overage season.

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:41 AM
longballer

I do agree that casselman and westport get away with alot and have alot of pull on situations but i think in this situation casselman has 2-3 guys who are considered affliate players like yanick lalonde who plays jr.c full time for the st.isidore aigles, as well as lance hodgson who has played a game there too.. and the date on the trade might just be when it was put onto the site, as it could have been completed before midnight but not posted until the next day, then again you never know with this team and the money they have

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
I do agree that casselman and westport get away with alot and have alot of pull on situations but i think in this situation casselman has 2-3 guys who are considered affliate players like yanick lalonde who plays jr.c full time for the st.isidore aigles, as well as lance hodgson who has played a game there too.. and the date on the trade might just be when it was put onto the site, as it could have been completed before midnight but not posted until the next day, then again you never know with this team and the money they have
Hodgson played his one game probably for next year Jr.C overager eligibility, they can spin it how ever they want streeeech the ruuuules. Any to win!

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:40 AM
PG

Anyone in Stittsville to see the game last night?....Thought this one might be a little closer? Was the score indicative of the play?

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Anyone in Stittsville to see the game last night?....Thought this one might be a little closer? Was the score indicative of the play?
Shots on goal were fairly close, Canadians scored on their chances and the speed really was a factor as Stittsville could'nt keep up. Good tilt between Rheaume and Kerwin, gotta give the decisions to Rheaume. Re-match on Sunday in Stittsville.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
PG

Propsects Game

Metro Valley Prospects game coming up on February 9th....any buzz in Stittsville, around the conference?.....Thoughts about the game, format, value?

Old
01-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Winchester just lost again, to Alexandria. 3rd loss in a row.

They now lost all games in hand they had, and Alexandria is just 2 points behind (but they played more games than everyone else)

That also means the Wolves are comfortable in 3rd for now

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:41 AM
PG

Metcalfe drops both ends of a home and home with Ottawa West 4-2 and 7-3......allowing six power play goals in game #2!!

Home and home (Sunday and Friday) with Clarence will be critical for Metcalfe to stay in the race for the last playoff spot

Old
01-19-2013, 04:17 PM
KL14

Renfrew finally wins one

After dropping seven (7) in a row, Renfrew had Anderson and Riopelle back in the line up and defeated a depleted Arnprior team 5-2. Close to 500 on hand in Renfrew thanks to the local radio station running a promotion. You need to tune in to myFM some Friday night to hear either the Arnprior or Renfrew game on the radio (107.7 or 96.7) to hear the play by play..loads of fun, real valley and proud of it !

Renfrew is still taking stupid penalties 200 feet away from the puck. Arnprior was using a pretty odd power-play set up...all five guys on the perimeter and taking shots from the outside. Seems to be a minor coaching change in Arnprior with the GM back on the bench. Playoffs are looming and time is running out for the outside teams looking in.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Tonight the Gatineau Mustangs face the 2010 Olympic Champions, the Women Olympic team

Should be interesting! Great experience for the boys too... I know womens hockey isint comparable to mens hockey, but the fact that these athletes were cheered on by Canada and idolized in 2010, and now they are facing them, it must be pretty special!

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:22 AM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan6713 View Post
Tonight the Gatineau Mustangs face the 2010 Olympic Champions, the Women Olympic team

Should be interesting! Great experience for the boys too... I know womens hockey isint comparable to mens hockey, but the fact that these athletes were cheered on by Canada and idolized in 2010, and now they are facing them, it must be pretty special!
Saw that Gatineau beat them pretty soundly. Also heard that Gatineau lost their starting goalie to a knee injury during the game. He had to be carried off the ice by team mates.....If hes hurt for any length of time that doesnt bode well for the Mustangs playoff run... as most guys know, girls can sometimes cause trouble....and the Mustangs might have got themselves into big trouble

Old
01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan6713 View Post

If the World Championship is in Ottawa, why didn't they play the Canadiens or the Knights. Seems kinda dumb to me. Cool experience though.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:53 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
If the World Championship is in Ottawa, why didn't they play the Canadiens or the Knights. Seems kinda dumb to me. Cool experience though.
Speaking of the Knights I see the were beaten badly by OJC....wow, 7 nuttin in your own barn against your fierce rivals. Thats 21-3 in the last three games vs. OJC, if I'm not mistaken, not a good run up to the playoffs. "Coach" Sundin kicked out of the game in the last few minutes, waving the white towel, who does he think he is, Roger ! Just because you own a team does'nt mean you know everything..........clearly the Knights have'nt lived up to their reputation this year...

Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
Speaking of the Knights I see the were beaten badly by OJC....wow, 7 nuttin in your own barn against your fierce rivals. Thats 21-3 in the last three games vs. OJC, if I'm not mistaken, not a good run up to the playoffs. "Coach" Sundin kicked out of the game in the last few minutes, waving the white towel, who does he think he is, Roger ! Just because you own a team does'nt mean you know everything..........clearly the Knights have'nt lived up to their reputation this year...
Hard to win games when you don't have a goalie. Doesn't help when you get 20 penalties called against you. Yes 20, opposed to their 8.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
KL14

Knights are over rated

Good teams rise above a missing goalie and do not go and have 20 penalties called against them. I have seen my share of bad calls this year, but it has been shared evenly for each team so the 20 calls to 8 calls just make me think the game was probably called the same for both sides and the Knights are just getting sick of getting hammered by a better OJC team.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
PG

Jets Flying Low

Metcalfe can't bounce out of its freefall - lost fourth straight last night to Clarence....had lead all game until four straight penaties in the 3rd period, including a five minute killer and succumbed 5-4.....Still have three games in hand on Castors but its deparation time as they travel to Renfrew Sunday night

Old
01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
KL14

Jets fllying low..

Hope they are still flying low tomorrow night in Renfrew. Renfrew needs to keep winning as Almonte is making a run for one of the playoff spots in the Valley Division. Almonte has the toughest schedule amoungst Arnprior and Renfrew and themselves, needing to play OJS and Gatineau....but in the "Jungle" anything can happen. Shawville can play spoiler and I am sure would love to do it. Who knows, maybe Stittsville may be left on the outside looking in. Stittsville needs to play the Jets twice right at the end of the schedule...hope the Jets are back flying high then.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
PG

Should be a good game - lots onthe line for both squads

Old
01-28-2013, 07:55 AM
PG

Renfrew 2 Metcalfe 1

Exciting game in Renfrew last night as the Wolves edged the Jets 2-1 in a game that both goaltenders played well.....could have easily been a 5-4 game!

...and for a relatively light game physically, the Jets injury list took a hit with four players unable to finish the game...

Increasingly tough task for the Jets to make the playoffs as the losing streak hits 5

Old
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
KL14

Any update

...on the injured Metcalfe player last night....I could not see the hit from my sight line...but the Renfrew player received a major and a game...not sure if more games coming or not.

Good point about goal tending. From Renfrew's perspective, by far Gagnon's best performance of the season

Old
01-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
...on the injured Metcalfe player last night....I could not see the hit from my sight line...but the Renfrew player received a major and a game...not sure if more games coming or not.

Good point about goal tending. From Renfrew's perspective, by far Gagnon's best performance of the season
Predictions

OJC/Arnprior

Casselman/Westport

OJC/Casselman final!

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:12 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Predictions

OJC/Arnprior

Casselman/Westport

OJC/Casselman final!

You think Arnprior can beat Perth? and Westport can beat Gan or Athens?

Just curious on your opinion that is all.. I agree with OJC and Casselman coming out of their divisions as they are just too strong for the other teams in them

Old
01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
You think Arnprior can beat Perth? and Westport can beat Gan or Athens?

Just curious on your opinion that is all.. I agree with OJC and Casselman coming out of their divisions as they are just too strong for the other teams in them
I think Westport will win for sure...I am not sure about Arnprior I could see it going either way but I just think Arnprior has a little more depth and Perth may struggle in Arnprior

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Matrix20027

Quote:
Predictions

OJC/Arnprior

Casselman/Westport

OJC/Casselman final!
I see OJC/Perth

Casselman/Gan

To close to call/Gan

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
longballer

Quote:
I think Westport will win for sure...I am not sure about Arnprior I could see it going either way but I just think Arnprior has a little more depth and Perth may struggle in Arnprior
The whole Rideau division will be tight, as the winner of the 2nd vs 3rd seed will come out beat up.. Athens has a very good squad also so its to tough to say for me.. Renfrew just got back some good players so they will be good also come playoffs if those guys can stay healthy