HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Center Ice Discussion.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I still can't find any information on Center Ice for Time Warner. Their site still says the season is cancelled due to the lockout.
Time Warner won't let you order until the free preview begins or at least that has been my case in the past. Most of the time they won't even tell you how much it'll be until the free preview either, as if they have some sort of secret.

Also, make sure they have the correct payment process down that you want and verify it. I always pay in full, but last yr they put me down as payments and even though I contacted them when I got my bill which was like a wk later, they couldn't do anything about it. And good luck, every time I call TW about Center Ice I get the operator who doesn't even know what it is or if TW even carries it.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

GCL depends a lot on your internet connection. If you have a bad connection, your stream won't be great. Unfortunately for me, because of the internet available, GCL isn't a realistic option.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0253--nhl.html

FU Directv for charging me 10 dollars more. 60 bucks for 19 games... not horrible, but I think I'll stick to the streams this year.
So it's basically the price of a beer at a bar ($3.15/game). People need to quit *****ing about this already. I guarantee that every single person complaining about this pisses away more than $3 almost every single day on stupid crap. Paying $3.15 a couple of times a week for four months is seriously not something to get worked up about. Ever.

Clarence Beeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:54 PM
HuskerTornado
Those Aren't Pillows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence Beeks View Post
So it's basically the price of a beer at a bar ($3.15/game). People need to quit *****ing about this already. I guarantee that every single person complaining about this pisses away more than $3 almost every single day on stupid crap. Paying $3.15 a couple of times a week for four months is seriously not something to get worked up about. Ever.
Plus I watch games every day, every team. $50-$60 is an outstanding value considering we are still getting over 1/2 the season (I think it is normally about $200/season).

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
I dont drink.

They advertise roughly 40 games/week, so it's really a pretty damn good price, but with so many of the Pens games on other channels, I'm not inspired to pay 60 dollars. 60 dollars comes in less than a days work, so you're right, it's not something to get worked up about. The league shutting down every time the CBA expires, expecting fans to run back with wallets open is and although most will be throwing their wallets back at the league, I'm not.

No merch
No tickets
No CI

Will it make a difference? No. It will, however, allow me to maintain the set of morals I live by.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

How much was the full season of GCL last year? $150?

Marns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
How much was the full season of GCL last year? $150?
About 160 for early bird.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

$60.. that's a soff discount. Usually $169 a season if I remember right. So they knocked off $25. Woo.

Everyone call in and say "I WANT IT FOR $40, *****!"

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

Quote:
About 160 for early bird.
Yeah that sounds about right.

Marns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

OK it's better than I thought. Early bird last year I just read on Yahoo was $171, so that means the non early bird was probably $199.

We should still call in and demand $40. Because **** them, that's why.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
It will, however, allow me to maintain the set of morals I live by.
Which is what, exactly, with respect to this issue? If you're watching AT ALL, on any channel, or listening on the radio, you are giving them money. It's just not directly.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

$60? Meh. Not worth it for me. So much for a goodwill gesture towards fans.

SHOOTANDSCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:09 PM
swarley87

GCL and CI are worthless this season in upstate NY because of blackouts. All games against Sabres, rangers, islanders, and devils are blacked out in addition to NHL network, NBC, and NBC sports airings. That leaves about 2/3 of this seasons games blacked out.

After 3 years of GCL I will not be renewing.

Not sure how I will watch all the pens games this year.

swarley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
this is an annoying post.

the american economy is in the tank. many people live paycheck to paycheck. some of us do not have disposable income to play with.

but since $60 is nothing to you, would you mind paying for my center ice? if so, i promise to stop posting on this subject.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
this is an annoying post.

the american economy is in the tank. many people live paycheck to paycheck. some of us do not have disposable income to play with.

but since $60 is nothing to you, would you mind paying for my center ice? if so, i promise to stop posting on this subject.
No doubt that I find your post equally as annoying as you find mine. I never said that "$60 is nothing to [me.]". I said that I absolutely guarantee that every single person complaining about this will piss away more money than that over the next four months. I'm absolutely willing to stand by that. It's about economic prioritization. If you're so hard up that you can't afford it at $60, you sure as hell weren't going to buy it at full price for a full season (which means that you're complaining about something that you weren't going to buy anyway). They aren't going to just give it away when there are plenty of people who are more than willing to consider $60 a perfectly reasonable price to watch more than a half of a season of hockey. It's seriously just over $1 per game. Not much else in the way of entertainment costs that little these days. Like I said, though, if $60 is too much, you weren't going to spend $190 on the full season, which means that the service provider actually IS doing you a favor by providing a service, that you otherwise could not afford, at a price that you are more likely to afford.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
SirBrad

I will definitely pay $50, if I get to watching about 17 extra games $3 is not that bad. Consider what it costs to actually to go a game. $3 to watch on my big screen in the comfort of my own home is nice, especially since I probably won't be getting to go to more than 2 games this season because of scheduling.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:05 AM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
what is this "first row" you speak of?

edit- oh right, the site with streams. do they typically have every pens game available on there? i might just go with that for the entire season.
I cannot recall the last time I was unable to get a Penguins game on the first row site. The quality is variable. Anywhere from slightly grainy to looking like an HD cable feed.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

$49.99 is the price for Time Warner, so both services are the same price.

I'm still undecided on which I'm going to use, but $50 is a reasonable price in my eyes.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:31 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
If you're so hard up that you can't afford it at $60, you sure as hell weren't going to buy it at full price for a full season (which means that you're complaining about something that you weren't going to buy anyway).
I'm not complaining about the $60, but I have been in the situation where $200 was easier to come by in October than spending money on much after the holidays was. It happens and is why I usually pay for CI in full at the beginning instead of payments.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:11 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckie09 View Post
I live near London, Ontario and had Center Ice through Bell last season. I don't think there were any blackouts that I can remember for Pens games.
Oh I know what you mean. I just meant that when I had Centre Ice for 5-6 years when I lived in Timmins, the only blackouts that I ever hit were for a few Pens/Leafs games (that weren't on CBC) because I didn't pay the extra $3 for LeafTV.

Now that I'm in Kitchener and am dealing Rogers as my TV provider I'm worried about how many blackouts I'll hit. Especially during this shortened season. I'm scared that even if I do order Centre Ice this week, for some stupid reason I'll either be blacked out of the Pens/Flyers opening game, or...I'll get LA and Chicago instead.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Sureshotte
Thumbs up, soldier!

Remember that you'll be able to watch some games on NHL Extra. This starts with the Flyers game on Saturday.

Click.

Sureshotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:36 AM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
Which is what, exactly, with respect to this issue? If you're watching AT ALL, on any channel, or listening on the radio, you are giving them money. It's just not directly.
This simply isn't true. I've paid money to DirecTV to access channels such as NBC and NHLN. I've paid money to XM radio to listen to my different stations. It's a fixed rate. If I don't watch/listen to hockey, or if I do, I'm not being charged any more or less. It might make the league more money off of advertisements, but none of this extra money is coming from my pocket. I'm not worried about them making money. I WANT them to make money so the league I love continues. However, they won't get any money from me, that I've worked hard to obtain.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
RottenScoundrel

The NHL Center Ice TV package will cost $49.99 next season. It is free from Jan. 19 to Jan. 31.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2I3GcmnYt
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

RottenScoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:39 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScoundrel View Post
The NHL Center Ice TV package will cost $49.99 next season. It is free from Jan. 19 to Jan. 31.

I'll purchase it at that price.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScoundrel View Post

If it's that price for Bell customers, I'll get it as well

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote