HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 08:08 PM
tujague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post

It's been almost 8 months since you've bought a player,you're 1st in the league in cash (and 3rd in the USA), your stadium will be at max capacity in 44 days, and your facilities are maxed out or under construction with the exception of SA. Is there something your saving your money for?
I've tried buying players. For a lot of money, too. I just haven't been successful. Yet. The only place to spend money is the midfield. I'm happy with McCready, Lemieux, Diaz and Korbetsky up front. That's good starters and depth/prospects. Defense is running six deep right now and I already mentioned the prospects.

The midfield, once a decent strength although never truly great, is where I need to improve. It sold have been done as soon as the SMs dropped to 3/6. It's probably a mental thing. I'm too attached to Bamburg & Denno. I need to find their replacements and then sell them. And I don't have great CMs either. Adams is the only one getting a decent IGR, Stamper produces and Harris is a decent third wheel. I've tried to upgrade both positions. I know I was outbid at least once when it went over 200M. RunnyOnion's last big purchase would have been mine, but I literally missed the end of the auction by seconds.

I'm surprised to hear that I'm first in the league in cash. I think I only have 230M.

And yes, I meant to start on High. If you were up by two (or three, hadn't decided), I would have dropped back to Normal. Ifit was tied, I would have gone VH. That could have been a big three points for me. Just make sure you take care f business against my rivals

Old
01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I've tried buying players. For a lot of money, too. I just haven't been successful. Yet. The only place to spend money is the midfield. I'm happy with McCready, Lemieux, Diaz and Korbetsky up front. That's good starters and depth/prospects. Defense is running six deep right now and I already mentioned the prospects.

The midfield, once a decent strength although never truly great, is where I need to improve. It sold have been done as soon as the SMs dropped to 3/6. It's probably a mental thing. I'm too attached to Bamburg & Denno. I need to find their replacements and then sell them. And I don't have great CMs either. Adams is the only one getting a decent IGR, Stamper produces and Harris is a decent third wheel. I've tried to upgrade both positions. I know I was outbid at least once when it went over 200M. RunnyOnion's last big purchase would have been mine, but I literally missed the end of the auction by seconds.

I'm surprised to hear that I'm first in the league in cash. I think I only have 230M.
Only 230M huh?

As for MFs, the CM I posted the other day isn't bad. Starosta is 17, 5/6 and posted a 19 IGR today (54% chemistry). His Q's are: 60/77/91/61/95/85/77/60/83.

Quote:
And yes, I meant to start on High. If you were up by two (or three, hadn't decided), I would have dropped back to Normal. Ifit was tied, I would have gone VH. That could have been a big three points for me. Just make sure you take care f business against my rivals
3 points for you would be assuming that your team did all of the following (that they didn't do in the match):
a) Got a shot on goal
b) Got a shot past Cheney
c) Got more shots past Cheney than my team got past Cernohorsky

[Note: This thread needs at least a little trash talk right?]

Your rivals look an awful lot like my rivals right now. I don't play any of the 2nd-4th place teams for almost 4 weeks before getting the High Headerz and FC Corona back-to-back. I'll be on the road against Arlington in the last game of the season in what could be a huge match. Those are the big 3 games left on my league schedule, so I'll be doing what I can to take care of business.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:56 PM
tujague

Did they make a change to bought players? I could have sworn that I could see the CL path from the season before I got them, but not anymore. Was I hallucinating?

My hockey team is up to a 74OTS. Up from a 70 before the camps

Quote:
Only 230M huh?

As for MFs, the CM I posted the other day isn't bad. Starosta is 17, 5/6 and posted a 19 IGR today (54% chemistry). His Q's are: 60/77/91/61/95/85/77/60/83.
What I'd need is someone who is better than my current starter. I'm not looking for someone who can develop. I have enough/too many of those types of players. I need a 25IGR and at worst this is the first season at 4/6. But I'd prefer 5/6. That's what I want to spend my money on. Someone who can come in and make an immediate impact.

Is 230M a lot? I assumed you and Corona would have more. And we know canucks is over 300M with his hockey team.

Quote:
3 points for you would be assuming that your team did all of the following (that they didn't do in the match):
a) Got a shot on goal
b) Got a shot past Cheney
c) Got more shots past Cheney than my team got past Cernohorsky

[Note: This thread needs at least a little trash talk right?]

Your rivals look an awful lot like my rivals right now. I don't play any of the 2nd-4th place teams for almost 4 weeks before getting the High Headerz and FC Corona back-to-back. I'll be on the road against Arlington in the last game of the season in what could be a huge match. Those are the big 3 games left on my league schedule, so I'll be doing what I can to take care of business.
Penis. I never said I expected to get 3 points. Just that it would have been a big 3 points if something ridiculous happened.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Is 230M a lot? I assumed you and Corona would have more. And we know canucks is over 300M with his hockey team.
I currently have 12.5M in soccer. This week I paid off the loan that I took to build HR-15, SA-15, and my last TFM. My team's bank account will look a lot better tomorrow (obviously) and hopefully my transfers bring in some decent cash on Thursday.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:32 AM
saint2e

Quote:
I currently have 12.5M in soccer. This week I paid off the loan that I took to build HR-15, SA-15, and my last TFM. My team's bank account will look a lot better tomorrow (obviously) and hopefully my transfers bring in some decent cash on Thursday.
As long as I have facilities to build, I will never carry a balance that high.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
12.5M is high? I'm at 450M in hockey... and in the red in soccer.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
saint2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
12.5M is high? I'm at 450M in hockey... and in the red in soccer.
Whoops. Quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the one with 230M balance

Old
01-16-2013, 03:36 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Whoops. Quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the one with 230M balance
That makes a tad more sense . I just spent ~150M on RF 15. SA 14 will be done in a month or so. I have the cash on hand now to pop it at which point the big four will either all be lvl 15 or on their way to lvl 15. Not to mention maintenance is due in 13 days for an upgrade to lvl 15 as well. Got the cash for that too. All that leaves is Med and Ed. I plan to get Med to lvl 15 (currently building 13) but that's not as much of a rush.

Tossed up a LM in soccer. Was 16 6/6 now is 18 5/6. Solid player. 70+ Qs across the board (excluding GK). Full details in chat.

Last edited by canucks357: 01-16-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
tujague

The kids passed their first 'big' test today. A 4-0 win against the 4th or 5th best team. My vets already beat two of the other top 5. So the kids only have one more tough game in the first half.

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I haven't gone crazy on the market yet. I would like to have enough cash on hand to build facilities when current construction is finished. But I'm getting closer to buying someone anyway. I need to do something to make up some ground on the top four.

How much would you guys pay for a soccer mid or Dman with around 1100 OR and a 25+ in game rating? I'm probably looking at a 22 or 23 year old, but a 21 yo with 5/6 would be so much better

Quote:
That's the problem. I don't have any facilities to build. Everything is under construction. The only things I could build are snack bars and the other arena accessories for boosting attendance(lighting, sound, pitch, whatever). But I don't need that since I'm selling out all the time.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
saint2e

Quote:
That's the problem. I don't have any facilities to build. Everything is under construction. The only things I could build are snack bars and the other arena accessories for boosting attendance(lighting, sound, pitch, whatever). But I don't need that since I'm selling out all the time.
Yeah that was me about a month ago. I just started building HR level 14, and in 2 weeks I'll have Regen 14 available to be built. Slowly I'm working my way through the facilities. TF 15 is already under construction, as is Maintenance 15. As soon as I run out of stuff to upgrade, you can bet I'm gonna be a heavy player on the market.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
The kids passed their first 'big' test today. A 4-0 win against the 4th or 5th best team. My vets already beat two of the other top 5. So the kids only have one more tough game in the first half.
I lost 0-1 at home to the Psychos today. What's really weird is the 3rd star. 0 shots, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 +/-, 0 PIM.

Game link

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I haven't gone crazy on the market yet. I would like to have enough cash on hand to build facilities when current construction is finished. But I'm getting closer to buying someone anyway. I need to do something to make up some ground on the top four.

How much would you guys pay for a soccer mid or Dman with around 1100 OR and a 25+ in game rating? I'm probably looking at a 22 or 23 year old, but a 21 yo with 5/6 would be so much better
At CD, I would expect 1100 OR to be 30+ in-game rating. I don't train shooting on my defenders, so that might explain why.

At both positions, I would pay about 200M for a 20 yo at 5/6 in the neighborhood of 1100 and significantly less for older and worse CL players. 200M may not be enough to land a player like that, but its about how much I would be willing to pay (assuming the qualities are adequate).

Quote:
That makes sense. Are you building HR-15 ASAP or waiting until closer to the end of the season (while ensuring you'll have it for season 10 offers)?

I'm leaning towards putting off RF-15 until the beginning of next season or so, depending on what I'm able to land on the market. The MnC and MdC should be easy enough to upgrade when their current construction finishes, costing a bit less than my sponsorship offers.

Old
01-18-2013, 07:35 AM
tujague

Quote:
Yeah that was me about a month ago. I just started building HR level 14, and in 2 weeks I'll have Regen 14 available to be built. Slowly I'm working my way through the facilities. TF 15 is already under construction, as is Maintenance 15. As soon as I run out of stuff to upgrade, you can bet I'm gonna be a heavy player on the market.
That's kind of been my plan as well. I just think I need a slight boost to my lineup. Everyone else is doing it so why cant we? And I'm tired of building. I didn't realize how long it had been since I bought a player until Obryantj posted that it was 8 months ago. And that was probably Racvolgyi, who was just a prospect who is only now getting decent playing time, but he isn't considered a starter yet. I haven't purchased an immediate impact player...ever? Maybe my goalie back in season 2? It would be nice to add a 28 in game rating to the lineup without having to spend years developing said player.

Quote:
I lost 0-1 at home to the Psychos today. What's really weird is the 3rd star. 0 shots, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 +/-, 0 PIM.

Game link
I don't even have to look and I know that the 3rd star is a very popular player. That plays a huge part in picking the stars. It's why Korey Buckley gets player of the game when the Force lose to teams who aren't even half as good. And why Zak Aldridge makes team of the day 20 times a season. Stupid.

Quote:
At CD, I would expect 1100 OR to be 30+ in-game rating. I don't train shooting on my defenders, so that might explain why.

At both positions, I would pay about 200M for a 20 yo at 5/6 in the neighborhood of 1100 and significantly less for older and worse CL players. 200M may not be enough to land a player like that, but its about how much I would be willing to pay (assuming the qualities are adequate).
That's not too bad. The players i was looking at were getting 28igr. I just lowered it to 25 to have more options. How often do those types of players show up? I searched 20yo and 1100 OR and had two results I might have to increase that to 21. Do you think 5/6 is absolutely necessary? That's how I was originally operating. Then I figured I would never afford that type of player. Now, with the uncertainty of a player's CL, I'm thinking 5/6 might be the smarter move. This whole thing is very annoying

Quote:
That makes sense. Are you building HR-15 ASAP or waiting until closer to the end of the season (while ensuring you'll have it for season 10 offers)?

I'm leaning towards putting off RF-15 until the beginning of next season or so, depending on what I'm able to land on the market. The MnC and MdC should be easy enough to upgrade when their current construction finishes, costing a bit less than my sponsorship offers.
I'll have to have HR15 ready for next season. When I start it depends entirely on player acquisition. Maintenance is the other priority. Do you think RF15 is worth it? I'm not sure if I do. But I guess with the money you make it doesn't really matter.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:24 AM
canucks357

Hockey team seems to have stabilized around middle of the pack. Likely will lose today and put me on the bubble zone for playoffs. Soccer team has been going steady. Got a draw last game. Now undefeated in 13 games still sadly only in 3rd. This league is crazy!!! The problem now is energy. I likely will burn a bunch though 8 of the next 9 games. If I can get 2pts/game out of them then I'll be left with a tired first-11 for the remaining games but as most of those are inactives/bottom dwellers I can field my second-11 to round out the season.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
redcard

My hockey team has started 12-1-0-0 so far this season, I may actually have a shot at promoting to I.1. I'm debating on adding another veteran D-man to secure that possibility or just going with the current team. I can really pad my OTR if I don't promote this season and stay down for one more but the extra 33 mil bonus plus whatever my sponsor increase would be for promoting is very tempting.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
My hockey team has started 12-1-0-0 so far this season, I may actually have a shot at promoting to I.1. I'm debating on adding another veteran D-man to secure that possibility or just going with the current team. I can really pad my OTR if I don't promote this season and stay down for one more but the extra 33 mil bonus plus whatever my sponsor increase would be for promoting is very tempting.
I'm in a similar position, can see myself fighting my way to the finals in III league, and promotion will be 20M+, but i kind of want to stay here at least for another season and gain some more OTR, as i probably won't get much in higher league, if i promote i might even sell most of my players (since i wouldn't be competitive anway) just to get some more money and reduce costs in salary to continue building arena and HR. But then again if i look at some teams i might actually be competitive somehow there if i spent about 20M on good players on RFA market (need to get lucky, got 2 players with 1000+ OR yesterday for about 5.3M combined, planning on selling them at seasons end, hopefully 10M+ each, but it still hurts seeing player salaries increase so much).

Old
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
That's kind of been my plan as well. I just think I need a slight boost to my lineup. Everyone else is doing it so why cant we? And I'm tired of building. I didn't realize how long it had been since I bought a player until Obryantj posted that it was 8 months ago. And that was probably Racvolgyi, who was just a prospect who is only now getting decent playing time, but he isn't considered a starter yet. I haven't purchased an immediate impact player...ever? Maybe my goalie back in season 2? It would be nice to add a 28 in game rating to the lineup without having to spend years developing said player.
I think everybody wants to add an impact player to the roster all the time. It's just difficult for us to do so with our current rosters. I think we'll both be able to pick up an impact player this season, albeit at the end of the season.

Quote:
I don't even have to look and I know that the 3rd star is a very popular player. That plays a huge part in picking the stars. It's why Korey Buckley gets player of the game when the Force lose to teams who aren't even half as good. And why Zak Aldridge makes team of the day 20 times a season. Stupid.
I'm assuming you missed it, but Buckley was sold in season 11. He is currently a backup for the 4th place team in Latvia I.1.

Quote:
That's not too bad. The players i was looking at were getting 28igr. I just lowered it to 25 to have more options. How often do those types of players show up? I searched 20yo and 1100 OR and had two results I might have to increase that to 21. Do you think 5/6 is absolutely necessary? That's how I was originally operating. Then I figured I would never afford that type of player. Now, with the uncertainty of a player's CL, I'm thinking 5/6 might be the smarter move. This whole thing is very annoying
5/6 depends on your teams needs and resources. If you're 1-2 players away from a dynasty, then its probably worth the extra cost. I just don't like spending money at the same position on a regular basis.

Quote:
I'll have to have HR15 ready for next season. When I start it depends entirely on player acquisition. Maintenance is the other priority. Do you think RF15 is worth it? I'm not sure if I do. But I guess with the money you make it doesn't really matter.
I'm still debating it somewhat. I am leaning towards pulling the trigger though. The other options are: the "Little 3" facilities, stadium accessories, and players. An impact player costs more than RF-15 and I've got a good number of prospects with decent qualities. I could use some (more) stud prospects, but I'll probably put that off until next season.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
canucks357

Quote:
If you're looking to buy ask me first. There's a good chance I'll be unloading some vets for no other reason than to rebuild as I can't win I.1 with them. I wouldn't be so adamant about my players only except I sold my backup G and Dman I had since day 1 to another team (Canadian team). He paid a premium for them as I wasn't planning on selling them. *But* the G is stealing the show for his team and that Dman is his Captain. How's he doing? He promoted to I.1 and started the season 10-0 with that team. Those guys didn't play that good for me!!!

Anyways, let me know if you're looking for something. I have players in all positions available for sale.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:35 AM
redcard

Quote:
If you're looking to buy ask me first. There's a good chance I'll be unloading some vets for no other reason than to rebuild as I can't win I.1 with them. I wouldn't be so adamant about my players only except I sold my backup G and Dman I had since day 1 to another team (Canadian team). He paid a premium for them as I wasn't planning on selling them. *But* the G is stealing the show for his team and that Dman is his Captain. How's he doing? He promoted to I.1 and started the season 10-0 with that team. Those guys didn't play that good for me!!!

Anyways, let me know if you're looking for something. I have players in all positions available for sale.
Yeah, I've been watching the market the last week or so, don't want to over commit cash so I haven't pulled the trigger and likely won't unless I can get away with a steal. Might wait a little later in the season to see where the other teams energies are at.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Yeah, I've been watching the market the last week or so, don't want to over commit cash so I haven't pulled the trigger and likely won't unless I can get away with a steal. Might wait a little later in the season to see where the other teams energies are at.
Good idea. Picking up high-energy and high-exp players at the end of the season will really help. You could, theoretically, burn energy like crazy in the first half of the season with your team now and replace them with market buys in the second half of the season who'd all be fresh.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:23 AM
saint2e

TF-15 is done! Maintenance-15 is building!

I'm also building:

Regen-13
HR-14
Sports Academy-13

Facilities I'm not building presently:

Education Centre - 10
Medical Centre - 12

Strategy is to focus on HR-15, then get the Sports Academy and Regen up to 15, in that order. Since I'm now building 14's and 15's which take a while, I'll probably sprinkle in some upgrades to the last two in the mix.

I'm feeling like I'm getting close to the end of a game, when meanwhile I really have quite a ways to go.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
canucks357

Quote:
TF-15 is done! Maintenance-15 is building!

I'm also building:

Regen-13
HR-14
Sports Academy-13

Facilities I'm not building presently:

Education Centre - 10
Medical Centre - 12

Strategy is to focus on HR-15, then get the Sports Academy and Regen up to 15, in that order. Since I'm now building 14's and 15's which take a while, I'll probably sprinkle in some upgrades to the last two in the mix.

I'm feeling like I'm getting close to the end of a game, when meanwhile I really have quite a ways to go.
Congrats man! Best thing I ever did was talk to you about financial strategy. It's paying off big time! I'm in the same boat as you - all facilities are maxed or building lvl 15. The exceptions are Maintenance and SA which are building 14 but I'll start lvl 15 when they're done in 6 and 32 days respectively. Ed.C I'm ignoring and Med.C currently is building 13. At some point I need to start getting some top-notch prospects but my concern is by maxing everything I'm maxing my expenses and as such my profits will shrink drastically.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
saint2e

Quote:
Congrats man! Best thing I ever did was talk to you about financial strategy. It's paying off big time! I'm in the same boat as you - all facilities are maxed or building lvl 15. The exceptions are Maintenance and SA which are building 14 but I'll start lvl 15 when they're done in 6 and 32 days respectively. Ed.C I'm ignoring and Med.C currently is building 13. At some point I need to start getting some top-notch prospects but my concern is by maxing everything I'm maxing my expenses and as such my profits will shrink drastically.
Yes this is true. The good news is you can destroy stuff if the economics don't work. I'd rather try it, see what works, and then tweak afterwards.

Ideally I'd like to have max everything and then start buying up the market, but we'll see if PPM economics will allow that.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
tescosamoa

In Hockey what is the path from Large stand-up to Triple-floor

Do I do the large with seats 600 ?

Then triple 1,000 and upgrade ?

Or is there a more efficient path?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
In Hockey what is the path from Large stand-up to Triple-floor

Do I do the large with seats 600 ?

Then triple 1,000 and upgrade ?

Or is there a more efficient path?
I did Large Standup Max --> Large Seats Max (4/8) --> Triple Floor Min

I recommend:
Large Standup Max --> Triple Floor Min

Old
01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Obryantj

In soccer, I'll be matched up against the Kenora Stingers in the next round of the ChL. It doesn't appear that he's terribly concerned with the ChL, but neither am I. Regardless, it's a match up of the current I.1 leaders in Canada and the USA. Kenora also represents the last Canadian team alive in the ChL and knocking him out of the ChL would severely diminish canucks' chances for a ChL berth next season.

I should probably throw a shout-out to Doug as well, who pulled out a tie against FC Corona last week. Thanks Doug!

-------------------------------

My hockey team currently has a slight edge in a 3-team battle for 7th place after today's upset over the Goldfish. My offense will need to improve to compete with the 2nd tier teams, but Nicodemo is currently 3rd in save % (among qualifying goalies). I would like to start SA-13, but I'm about 500k short.

Closed Thread