HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Bexlyspeed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I wonder how many NYI players, feel the same as Martin?

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...4443120&part=0

There's a little frustration brewing in the locker room about Visnovsky's refusal to report, which his agent says does not stem from a problem with the Islanders or Long Island.

"It bothers us, because the guys on this team love it here and guys who get traded or sign here end up loving it too," Matt Martin said. "This is just hanging around the team when we need to be totally focused and ready for a quick start to the season."
i'm glad we have players with that kind of character on this team
. Lubo would have helped us , but screw him, let him have his love affair with the KHL

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:03 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heh View Post
or retire for this season, and return the next one never seeing the NHL again and good riddance... for both sides
if he returns he's still under contract to the isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Seriously..WHO is going to stop them? You can't...it's business and they do not play by NHL rules.
pretty sure the IIHF would step in. most kids who the khl would offer that money to would have a good chance to play in the nhl when they are eligible and would rather play there than in the khl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Not true at all; stop imagining things. On the contrary, the KHL statement says they will seek a compromise with the NHL so that Višňovský can finish his season in the KHL.

Baseless speculation, as Richie Dagger would say. On the contrary, the "99% reliable Staple" (well, except last weekend) has just tweeted that (paraphrasing) "Višňovský has personal issues to tend to in Slovakia and it may take 2-3 weeks before he reports to the Isles".
the only agreement the nhl/isles would agree to is visnovsky finishing his contract this season or tolling it to next season. either way he's not finishing this season playing in slovakia

i like how you mock the beat writer for the team (what was he unreliable about last weekend?). but hey i'm sure you have connections too?

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:13 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
pretty sure the IIHF would step in. most kids who the khl would offer that money to would have a good chance to play in the nhl when they are eligible and would rather play there than in the khl.
i cant see any reason the IIHF should favour the nhl over the khl in this topic. Why would they care where the kids play? they didnt establish the complex rules the nhl entry is comprised of.

Can you tell me a reason?

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Not true at all; stop imagining things. On the contrary, the KHL statement says they will seek a compromise with the NHL so that Višňovský can finish his season in the KHL.
That compromise will be worked out, if at all, with Visnovsky as a spectator. Capiche?

Quote:
Baseless speculation, as Richie Dagger would say. On the contrary, the "99% reliable Staple" (well, except last weekend) has just tweeted that (paraphrasing) "Višňovský has personal issues to tend to in Slovakia and it may take 2-3 weeks before he reports to the Isles".
Which anybody with a functioning brain not inflamed by nationalist mania understands to mean that Lubo is working out whether or not to retire.

Free advice to Lubo: retire. He's the loser, but he won't make it any better by coming to the NHL now where his teammates won't defend him, and he's liable to get his head taken off.

Zine is right on the NHL board - Medvedev trolled the NHL and used Lubo as the stooge to do it. Stooge Lubo would do well to quit before it gets even worse for him.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:52 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Has anyone ever been roundly booed the first time they've stepped on the ice in an Islander jersey?

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:54 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
i cant see any reason the IIHF should favour the nhl over the khl in this topic. Why would they care where the kids play? they didnt establish the complex rules the nhl entry is comprised of.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/84...banned-khl-now

it's not about favoring the nhl over the khl, it's about one side complaining enough to get the iihf involved

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I expect the isles will tell Vis to take care of his family business, but that he does not have their consent, to play another KHL game this season.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/84...banned-khl-now

it's not about favoring the nhl over the khl, it's about one side complaining enough to get the iihf involved
What does the iihf involment in this post lockou thread have anything to do with my post. I stated that the iihf would not get involved in turning unsigned NA prospects back towards the nhl (assuming they would go to the khl at 16,17 and get paid big bucks there). I think you have misinterpreted my post.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:

I would welcome him at the airport with the news that he was traded to Columbus.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:35 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Has anyone ever been roundly booed the first time they've stepped on the ice in an Islander jersey?
When Chris Simon came back from his second 30 game suspension he was booed pretty hard. That was his first game back and his last game as an Islander, he was traded for a 6th round pick to the Wild soon after.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:44 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

wyshynski 10:08am via twitterfeed
New Puck Daddy: KHL rejects Lubomir Visnovsky’s contract until conflict with NY Islanders is resolved yhoo.it/Uo6sxv
---
@KatieStrangESPN: #Isles According to KHL, Visnovsky made an appeal to stay w/ Euro club. League did not grant that request, but NHL and KHL may negotiate on matter. According to KHL statement, KHL and NHL reps will begin "joint consideration" in near future
---
@wyshynski According to the NY Times, #Isles have not suspended Visnovsky.
---
StapeNewsday: Furthering reports, Visnovsky has a personal issue to tend to in Slovakia. May take 2-3 weeks to resolve. Could report to #Isles after that.
---

There's a theme here. Lubo can't play this year unless it's for the Islanders, or an unpaid beer league, unless he's traded.

I cannot fathom any sort of "resolution" here whatsoever. Under no circumstances will Snow budge on this. This is a guy who has STILL banned Botta from covering the team. It would be a horrible message from Snow, the NHL, the NHLPA and International Hockey to make an "exception" in this case, a precedent that nobody will stand behind.

I think the Isles haven't suspended him because they think he'll come around, since he has no choice. And that fans will forgive and forget, just like they already did with Fehr, Bettman and the lockout ( #distantmemorynow ). Even thought the "two weeks for personal issues" is just a pointless delay, Visnovsky will soon realize that making $1.7MM in a 48 game NHL season isn't so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post

they favour the NHL because Visnovsky has a contract IN THE NHL. They care about peace in hockey, agreements where players aren't poached. Players benefit as well, with the freedom to play where they want, when they are FREE AGENTS for example.

The rules are there to maintain order.

They also honour suspensions, so players suspended in the CHL, for example, can't play internationally either. The IIHF cares because they play a role in ensuring peace among international hockey for the benefit of all leagues and players.

Including Visnovsky.

Including Gomez. So Montreal can send him home and pay him to not play anywhere, even though he might "like to play" in the KHL or Sweden or for the Alaska Aces in the ECHL. But the IIHF would understand that he has a contract in the NHL and it's not permitted.

Visnovsky is trying to disrupt the very order that many fought so hard for, JUST because he doesn't want to play in Long Island. It's selfish AND stupid and I find it incredible that his agent, his team, his league hasn't been able to show him the harsh reality.

There's absolutely no reason to side with the KHL in this case. This is really simple. A player signed a contract and refuses to honour it, choosing instead, to play in another league, which is not allowed. They are the very same rules that Visnovsky's own NHLPA JUST FINISHED detailing after 119 days.

Back to your question,

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Renbarg

****, Lubo better get back to Bratislava asap to take care of those personal issues! Good thing he was barred from playing in Prague, the situation could have been real bad.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Visnovsky is trying to disrupt the very order that many fought so hard for, JUST because he doesn't want to play in Long Island. It's selfish AND stupid and I find it incredible that his agent, his team, his league hasn't been able to show him the harsh reality.
Right. Which is why he's probably going to get his *** kicked if he comes over. Does he have the guts?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:02 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

you actually want this POS around the team? Theyre all pissed at him and you think letting people treat your franchise like this and them letting them in with open arms and saying "oh, its cool, you said 'it wasnt about the islanders' when it obviously is, so that makes it better"? No thanks. trade him. then have that team trade him a few days later...then again and again until the deadline when he ends up on the last place team.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-15-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Removed QP
Old
01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
MTK

No matter what. I want Vis on this team. All the hard feelings will go away once he is playing for NYI.

We need Vis.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
you actually want this POS around the team? Theyre all pissed at him and you think letting people treat your franchise like this and them letting them in with open arms and saying "oh, its cool, you said 'it wasnt about the islanders' when it obviously is, so that makes it better"? No thanks. trade him. then have that team trade him a few days later...then again and again until the deadline when he ends up on the last place team.
There is a point where the players themselves will say "eff you"

Snow is playing this perfectly, which is admirable. Just like he did with Nabokov. There's a lot I (and many fans here) get on Snow about and hold him accountable for (not that Wang does) but how he handles himself in these types of situations is impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Right. Which is why he's probably going to get his *** kicked if he comes over. Does he have the guts?
He doesn't even have the guts to say anything with conviction. "MAYBE I will come to NYI" "I need some time for personal reasons" "I know people are upset with me" - what a baby. Playing little victim in something HE CAUSED?

If I were one of the players that were in the bargaining sessions with those intimidating billionaire owners and stayed up for those long sessions and were in constant communication with the players for 119 days I wouldn't be too happy with Visnovsky.

It's a gutless puke move.

Why does that term seem so familiar?

------
Lubo, since you read this board, all you need to do is this:

- Issue a statement, through your agent, that you really enjoyed your time in the KHL and playing close to home. That the lockout was difficult for you to deal with and removing the money and glory of NHL competition, getting back to the purity of the game you love is something you missed and cherish. But you'll need a week or two to tie up some personal issues and are looking forward to playing in the NHL again soon. That you're excited about your new team and will do our best in bringing back playoff hockey to Long Island.

Hockey fans are very forgiving. We like apologies, accountability and as long as you work hard, all is forgiven.

Nobody respects a whiny baby, not when he's 4 and certainly not at 36.

You've had a really nice career in the NHL. You've made a lot of money, largely on the battles fought in the board room, by the very same players you're now spitting on. Say you're sorry and come back.

OR

Do the honourable thing and retire. You can be assistant coach in Bratislava? Maybe run the PP in practice?

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
TXNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
We were all saying the same things about Nabokov and that worked out fine. Of course, it may take an apology to his new teammates from Vis, but don't see any reason he can't do that, suck it up and play hard for us. If he comes and plays hard, no one on the team will have any issue with him. We need the D.

TXNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNYI View Post
We were all saying the same things about Nabokov and that worked out fine. Of course, it may take an apology to his new teammates from Vis, but don't see any reason he can't do that, suck it up and play hard for us. If he comes and plays hard, no one on the team will have any issue with him. We need the D.
No, this is different. Nabakov was a waiver wire pick up and a what the hell, lets claim him move. We traded an asset for a player who is under contract who ran away AFTER the trade and has tried to hide behind any member of the KHL he can to not come. i dont want him. The organization looks even worse if they still bring him in at this point, and the players sure as hell arent going to be fans of his. Matt Martin is already pissed at him, and im guessing guys in that locker room side with the 23 yr old team-first guy before they do this 36 yr old cry baby. Visnovsky is the past 4 months of nhlpa thoughts/tweets/comments personified.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Noreaster96

If this whole thing is about family issues, then I won't have any ill will towards Vis whatsoever... Staying at home and playing hockey while dealing with it is 100000000000x easier than being thousands of miles away, working and trying to deal with it.... Maybe he just didn't want his issues to get into the media, which I could understand completely

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
If this whole thing is about family issues, then I won't have any ill will towards Vis whatsoever... Staying at home and playing hockey while dealing with it is 100000000000x easier than being thousands of miles away, working and trying to deal with it.... Maybe he just didn't want his issues to get into the media, which I could understand completely
Then he should come clean as to what those issues are. If someone is sick or he is going through a divorce or something then he should say so. I think the problem is his wife not wanting to live in NY

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Meh, at this point we have Hickey & Finley......far from what looks like a strong blueline, but the primary difference here is the subtraction of a 36 year old ponce and adding two guys in their early & mid 20'd who would likely bring more effort and hunger to play well.

As far as I'm concerned, Visnovsky can stay in Slovakia and retire.

Streit - Hamonic
MacDonald - Carkner
Hickey - Finley

I honestly think it just looks worse than it is - there's some semblance of grit, defensive responsibility and ability to move a puck on each pairing.....I'm not ignoring Martinek quite, but if history tells us anything there's a great likelihood he won't go too long before getting injured. Hickey and Finley are younger and both *may* have more potential than we can determine from the side of the computer screen we're all on.

Back to Visnovsky though - after acquiring three defensemen to cover for him, I'd say both he and his attitude are redundant. I'll take a motivated defenseman trying to crack a roster before a guy who would finish the job of completely jinxing the number 11 for this team forever.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Heh

Quote:
Staying at home and playing hockey while dealing with it is 100000000000x easier than being thousands of miles away, working and trying to deal with it.... Maybe he just didn't want his issues to get into the media, which I could understand completely
well, nobody ever realized that this could also play a role... hmmm, who knows? if this is the reason behind then I expect his retirement to stay here and work it out.

Heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:36 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
His credibility is probably at an all time LOW and I have a hard time believing this now. I wouldn't fault him if he indeed has family issues to attend to, but then why travel around with his KHL team and play hockey? If his family issue is that his wife/gf doesn't want to leave... then I have no sympathy.

All signs point to him just wanting to play for his hometown KHL team and nothing more than that.

Last edited by PWJunior: 01-15-2013 at 12:12 PM.
PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
desmond

Family issues. Horse ****.

desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
TheIslesFan

vCash: 50
Hard feelings go away once he puts one in the net