HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[MTL/FLA]Jason DeSantis for Brendon Nash

Old
01-15-2013, 06:20 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
DeSantis is suppose to be a ppqb. Nash isn't. The dogs pp is horrendous to nicely put it.

Dogs have a ton of dman already and needed one to
Help on the pp with Beaulieu and St-Denis

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:30 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
The Montreal Canadiens acquired defenseman Jason DeSantis from the Florida Panthers on Monday in exchange for defenseman Brendan Nash.

I dont understand such trades. Whats the point here? Both are minor league defensman, wo will play in AHL.
Well I could explain it but I will need charts while it maybe lost on sometimes teams feel they need to change the dressing rooms also take a look at ages and games played. Not all trades are made with the nhl in mind

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
ok. i will understand that, if it will be goalie for D, or forward for D... But you take here one player and give away the same one.
I know nothing about either player but I would assume they play different styles. Playing the same position doesn't make them the same player

Its like the Schultz/Gilbert trade between the Oilers and Wild last season, both defensemen, both very different styles.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Halifaxhab*

To the OP....how do you not see this as that last piece for the Stanley Cup?

I agree it is such a minor deal, I don't understand it either, but meh. Neither one seems to be destined to play NHL hockey as anything more than an emergency callup.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
ok. i will understand that, if it will be goalie for D, or forward for D... But you take here one player and give away the same one.
They're not the same style of player. DeSantis did do better on the PP (last year anyway) and is thought of as more of a puck-moving style defenseman, and Hamilton needed a lot of help in those areas. Nash is bigger, and while he can also make a bit of an offensive contribution (or has in the past anyway) - he's not a pure stay-at-home only guy - he's not in the same category as DeSantis. Both were struggling this year and maybe a change of scenery is a welcome for them, maybe one of them even requested it, who knows. It was an AHL trade, but both players have NHL contracts, so was eventually mirrored in the NHL transaction list as well once the lockout lifted.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Also keep in mind that DeSantis is an UFA at the end of the yr and Nash is a RFA. That gives the Panthers a player that (if they choose to) is easier to re-sign. Also it saves San Antonio about $30K in salary between the 2. When most accounts suggest that DeSantis was not very good for the Rampage (read blog post below), it was basically a deal of addition by subtraction.

http://rampagenate.blogspot.com/2012...r-rampage.html

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:57 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Also keep in mind that DeSantis is an UFA at the end of the yr and Nash is a RFA. That gives the Panthers a player that (if they choose to) is easier to re-sign. Also it saves San Antonio about $30K in salary between the 2. When most accounts suggest that DeSantis was not very good for the Rampage (read blog post below), it was basically a deal of addition by subtraction.

http://rampagenate.blogspot.com/2012...r-rampage.html
Might be a benefit to Montreal as well, as I believe we're getting close to the 50 contract limit. One less on the books at the end of the year gives us a little flexibility.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Nash is trash, I know nothing about DeSantis and still know that Montreal got a good deal.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Fizzz

i think the Habs HQ gave up on Nash and wanted to trade him for a UFA because they wanted the contract cleared from their 50 contract allowed this summer!

Also Rick Dudley might know this DeSantis guy and told Bergevin he would be a good half season plug for the PP.... Who knows?

Fizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:25 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
nash was good two years ago and did well during his short stint in montreal. having missed the entire season last year didn't help none. still wish him the best with the panthers

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:50 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Confirmed: Nash is moron.

bnash4:
If you're afraid to take steroids you're afraid to be the best. #Lance

https://twitter.com/bnash4/status/292138768289390594

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Machinehead
★★★★

People follow him on twitter?

Well anyway, unfortunately in cycling that doesn't seem all that far from the truth.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote