HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Nedved

vCash: 500
I think he is in the fowler, staal, hedman, elder, etc range...

I don't mind a 7 year 4.75 contract, or a 5 year 4 million one.

I don't believe subban is worth more than 5, not yet. If he wants long-term he needs to be willing to make less. That's the way she goes...

Old
01-15-2013, 08:00 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I realize PK is RFA but when you have signed a d-man like Gorges to an almost 4 mil long term contract then you'd better be careful not to insult PK.

PK was thrown in the fire in Montreal and he's done an admirable job - perfect by no means but he's done a good job. He had virtually no help last year and this is where the Habs missed the boat in not either re-signing a certain someone or at least filling that spot.

So I can see where PK would be demanding at least 4.5 (and that would be cheap IMO) long term.

And looking at Gorges' contract I didn't realize he had a signing bonus this year either. Another CBA loud mouth with a signing bonus.

Anyway, can't help to think PK looks at Gorges, Kaberle and Markov and probably thinks - um give me some dough because I've actually played a lot of hockey and put up some numbers too while filling for these guys (Gorges/Markov). Kaberle - well he's another story. LOL

Old
01-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Many players want the security of a long term contract....an injury could occur at anytime and hamper/end their career
On the flip side from management's perspective he could sign a two year deal and score 100 pts both years...

You can't negotiate on such ridiculous premises...

Old
01-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I realize PK is RFA but when you have signed a d-man like Gorges to an almost 4 mil long term contract then you'd better be careful not to insult PK.

PK was thrown in the fire in Montreal and he's done an admirable job - perfect by no means but he's done a good job. He had virtually no help last year and this is where the Habs missed the boat in not either re-signing a certain someone or at least filling that spot.

So I can see where PK would be demanding at least 4.5 (and that would be cheap IMO) long term.

And looking at Gorges' contract I didn't realize he had a signing bonus this year either. Another CBA loud mouth with a signing bonus.

Anyway, can't help to think PK looks at Gorges, Kaberle and Markov and probably thinks - um give me some dough because I've actually played a lot of hockey and put up some numbers too while filling for these guys (Gorges/Markov). Kaberle - well he's another story. LOL
PK loves the fire.... he spent the whole lockout doing media...

Old
01-15-2013, 08:07 AM
ClasslessGuy

I say 3 years 12m that way we still have 1 rfa year left right?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Since when has Montreal treated it's players like garbage. Sure, Gauthier could of done things better but that wasn't how ownership in Montreal wanted things handled.

My feeling is if Subban wants to be paid like a UFA we should treat him like a UFA. There are teams in the NHL who will pay him what he wants, in both term and money and if that's what's important to Subban, I wish him well, as long as we get a decent return for him.
You rather trade a potential superstar for just a decent return instead of signing him?? That's just retarded. I don't even understand this love some Habs fans have for cap space. PK is a proven star, and he isn't even in his prime yet. His ceiling is top 10, possibly even 5, Dman in the league. Right now, he's already top 30, after only 2 years (where many believe his sophomore one wasn't that great). It really baffles me how some fans have no problem in discussing trading him just because he wants 1-2M more, as if that would affect any of them.

What's the point of getting OEL? A year from now, so long as he has a good year and keeps up his progression, he'll likely be asking for a similar deal than PK now is. Are we gonna talk about trading this young chap too?

Give Subban what he wants, it's one player you won't regret paying. As much as some are saying how others forgot just how good Markov is, from reading these two threads, I feel the same can be said about PK. Just pay the kid what he wants, he's a superstar in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
it makes sense for PHX marketing wise and habs get a similiar young dman with the same potentiel if they cant get subban signed.Like most of the people here i wouldnt trade subban but if we're talking about OEL or Pietrangelo then i would listen closely to the offer,and maybe its just me but personally i think Ekman Larsson turns out the better dman between both.
No it doesn't. OEL is signed at 1.7M for another year and may be just on par with PK as of next year. PK isn't even signed and is allegedly asking for 6ish Million per year. Phx is a team that likes to save every penny imaginable. It makes absolutely no sense for them to make this trade. You also don't make trades for marketing purposes.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:24 AM
The Right Price

I'd offer PK 5 Years @ 4.8 M per season.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Beendair Donedat

You either take him to the limit of his RFA term and than re-negotiate or offer him an 8 year contract IMO... This team has given contracts of 5 million per to Plekanec and Gionta, and 4 to Gorges. Subban is worth more and brings more than those guys. 8 years, 6 million and get him on the ice.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I think he is in the fowler, staal, hedman, elder, etc range...
Cam Fowler is a Patrice Brisebois quality blueliner.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I say 3 years 12m that way we still have 1 rfa year left right?
That's exactly what I am expecting the contract should/must be.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

10.5M/3 years

Get it done geez..

Old
01-15-2013, 09:37 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't even understand this love some Habs fans have for cap space.
We need cap space if we are going to go after championship pieces on the UFA market like Brandon Prust.

In all seriousness, Subban is low risk.

8 years, 6 million per. Just give the man his due already. He's our second best player after Carey Price and should be paid as such. We can buy as many UFA years as possible, and by the end of his contract he'll be a much better player than his cap hit due to cap depreciation.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You rather trade a potential superstar for just a decent return instead of signing him?? That's just retarded. I don't even understand this love some Habs fans have for cap space. PK is a proven star, and he isn't even in his prime yet. His ceiling is top 10, possibly even 5, Dman in the league. Right now, he's already top 30, after only 2 years (where many believe his sophomore one wasn't that great). It really baffles me how some fans have no problem in discussing trading him just because he wants 1-2M more, as if that would affect any of them.

What's the point of getting OEL? A year from now, so long as he has a good year and keeps up his progression, he'll likely be asking for a similar deal than PK now is. Are we gonna talk about trading this young chap too?

Give Subban what he wants, it's one player you won't regret paying. As much as some are saying how others forgot just how good Markov is, from reading these two threads, I feel the same can be said about PK. Just pay the kid what he wants, he's a superstar in the making.

No it doesn't. OEL is signed at 1.7M for another year and may be just on par with PK as of next year. PK isn't even signed and is allegedly asking for 6ish Million per year. Phx is a team that likes to save every penny imaginable. It makes absolutely no sense for them to make this trade. You also don't make trades for marketing purposes.
This is one of the more confused rants I've read in a while and as long as you think OEL is a decent return there isn't much for the two of to talk about.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Andy

Francois Gagnon ‏@GagnonFrancois
Aucune rencontre n'est prévue aujourd'hui mardi entre le #CH et Don Meehan l'agent de P.K. Subban. la saison commence dans quatre jours!

RU OH

Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
We need cap space if we are going to go after championship pieces on the UFA market like Brandon Prust.

In all seriousness, Subban is low risk.

8 years, 6 million per. Just give the man his due already. He's our second best player after Carey Price and should be paid as such. We can buy as many UFA years as possible, and by the end of his contract he'll be a much better player than his cap hit due to cap depreciation.
Are you serious??? The guy has been bench for a couple a games in a row last season. He makes tons and tons of mistakes on ice that put is team in a lot of trouble last year that resulted in losing games. He takes stupid penalties, he's still immature, he picks up fight with his OWN TEAMMATES, etc. The guy doesn't deserve a 48M contract yet.

Until he proves that the team can rely on him 100% and that he ALWAYS act like a professional, he's not getting anything close to that money.

I'm saying this and I knowledge that PK has a lot of talent. He was one of our best defenseman last year and I really hope that he becomes what everybody else say about him. He has a bright futur but he needs to make adjustments in and off the ice.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Aucune rencontre n'est prévue aujourd'hui mardi entre le #CH et Don Meehan l'agent de P.K. Subban. la saison commence dans quatre jours!

RU OH
It'll get done.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
Are you serious???
Until he proves that the team can rely on him 100% and that he ALWAYS act like a professional, he's not getting anything close to that money.
I was ready to offer him even more, $50M/8yrs.

I just have a lot of faith, based on the progression we've seen to date. He has come so far, so quickly, I can't believe a sudden plateau is coming.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:29 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

RU OH
Sorry guys, translation please?

Old
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It'll get done.
It will. ( and this is PURE speculation on my part )

Old
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
No meeting today between MB and Meehan. Season starts in 4 days

Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
It says Francois Gagnon somehow has inside info that neither sides are meeting today.

Old
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
No meetings are planned between Meehan and Bergevin today and there's only 4 days left till the season starts.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
No meeting today between MB and Meehan. Season starts in 4 days
Thanks...maybe like the lockout, they need a mediator...

Old
01-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Just take a 2 year deal Subban!!

Wtv i'm not really worried, expect, why is he still in Toronto, why not come and stay in Mtl so once the deal is signed at night or something, he'll be set to be a pratice the next morning, by staying in T.O 1 day wasted for travel.
Its true...

It will take him at least 6 hours to drive his Focus here down the 401

Old
01-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Sthabs

Maybe longer...
He needs to find his focus first

Closed Thread