HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would you offer for Corey Perry?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
topshelfie

vCash: 500
I think any deal involving a superstar like this will wait until the trade deadline. If Anaheim is out of the playoffs by then and can't make a extension deal I would offer quite a bit for him.

Zibby, 1st round pick, Stone even that might not be enough.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Still don't think Perry leaves but if he did I think he fetches much more than Kovy or Hossa. Keep in mind Ducks are under budget now so they could essentially trade Perry for a cap hit of less than 3 million this season if they wanted.

If he's deal it won't be for any upcoming UFA's. he would go to the team willing to do a package around a deal with a solid young player. Philly would have best chance of landing him IMO. Seriously doubt he leaves though.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Still don't think Perry leaves but if he did I think he fetches much more than Kovy or Hossa. Keep in mind Ducks are under budget now so they could essentially trade Perry for a cap hit of less than 3 million this season if they wanted.

If he's deal it won't be for any upcoming UFA's. he would go to the team willing to do a package around a deal with a solid young player. Philly would have best chance of landing him IMO. Seriously doubt he leaves though.
Idk pitt could use him to help defeat the mighty claude giroux! Thats all that rivalry needs corey perry.

Getz2perry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:44 AM
leeroggy

As an Isles fan AND assuming we can sign him to an extension (otherwise the trade makes no sense):

Perry to Isles

for

Nino N
Our 2013 First
Rights to Scott Mayfield
David Ullstrom

A top line of MM, Jt and CP would be among the NHL's best, if not the best.

Also allows the Isles to keep their core younger players like Strome, Nelson, et al.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:48 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

In my mind, Anaheim has little leverage here considering he's a pending UFA and will likely (in my opinion) opt to test the market rather than re sign with the ducks, especially if they have another sub par season.

They might get a good prospect and a 1st for him at most.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
A lot. I want the Caucks to go hard after Perry, as he's exactly what we need to push us over the top.

Hopefully after the Luongo deal we'll have a few more expendable pieces to tempt Anaheim.

The only issue is that we(like most contending teams) might be reluctant to part with major roster players.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

From the habs: Emelin + Beaulieu + 1rst

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Wow, the coach of Ceci pumps up said player.

This is new and exciting.
First, Kilrea didn't coach anyone last year (or the year before), he retired as a coach.

Second, in Kilrea's probably 40-year career in junior hockey, name me all other players he has said such things about. There aren't many, if any.

Third, Kilrea is not Ceci's agent, or his family, he doesn't have anything whatsoever to gain by pumping his tires. He is speaking the truth. Kilrea is a legend in junior hockey, probably the greatest junior hockey coach in history, and has seen Ceci play plenty. He is giving an honest opinion. If you, or anyone else on this board (me included) thinks they know more about junior hockey players than Brian Kilrea, all I can do is wonder how your ego fits through the door.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Unagi

I don't re-building teams like the Habs, Islanders or Leafs will be making splashes for Perry. They are not in the position to give up assets and certainly aren't in the shape to get deep into the playoffs. Especially as there is no guarantee that Perry would re-sign with them in the offseason. Looks like an unnecessary risk to me. I'd expect more serious contenders to be interested. Maybe someone like Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston or something along those lines.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:26 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Wait till free agency and offer 7.5mx7yrs with a five million dollar signing bonus. Boom.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Wait till free agency and offer 7.5mx7yrs with a five million dollar signing bonus. Boom.
The funny thing is that more than one team will offer that money. So the signing process will be a circus similar to the one with Richards or Parise.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:35 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Gonna throw out some names I think the Ducks would have interest in, keep in mind these are lists not proposals:

-Turris, Cowen, Zibanejad, Greening

- Hamilton, Lucic

- Grigorenko, Pysyk, Ennis, Adam, Foligno

- Stepan, McDonaugh, Girardi, Hagelin, Kreider

- Nino, Strome, Hamonic

- Bennett, Sutter, Dumoulin, Harrington, Maata

- Burmistrov, Kane, Scheifele

- Couturier, B. Schenn

- A. Larsson, A. Henrique

- Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Howden

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I think Perry goes for a young NHL player with medium upside, a prospect with high upside, a 2nd round pick and another roster player (likely a defenseman). An example of this could be:

Josh Bailey
Brock Nelson
2014 2nd
David Ullstrom

or

Devin Setoguchi
Mathew Dumba
2013 2nd
Justin Falk

or

Beau Bennett
Scott Harrington
Tyler Kennedy
2013 2nd

(not saying any of these will happen but that is what I think a deal for Perry would look like)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Unagi

Imo there is no way a 1st rounder would not be included in a Perry trade.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:15 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
In my mind, Anaheim has little leverage here considering he's a pending UFA and will likely (in my opinion) opt to test the market rather than re sign with the ducks, especially if they have another sub par season.

So a former league MVP in his prime who has 87 goals in the last two years will return a prospect and a pick.

this thread is showing how underrated Perry is, how many league MVP's hit the trade market before their 28th birthday? crazy how undervalued he is here

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:10 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
So a former league MVP in his prime who has 87 goals in the last two years will return a prospect and a pick.

this thread is showing how underrated Perry is, how many league MVP's hit the trade market before their 28th birthday? crazy how undervalued he is here
I don't think anyone is undervaluing him, but if he is unsigned, his value goes down dramatically (use the Kovalchuk trade as an example, as has been previously mentioned). No team is going to give up a first in a very deep draft, a good young NHLer and a blue chip prospect for example for what, 15 games of Perry? If he walks as a UFA, then you have just gutted your prospect pool for nothing.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:40 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Something around krejci seems fair

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
If you mean straight up, no. Perry has much more value than Krejci. If you add some pretty nice value to Krejci, then I'm sure Anaheim will talk (and I say this as a Ducks hater).

Old
01-15-2013, 08:51 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
If you mean straight up, no. Perry has much more value than Krejci. If you add some pretty nice value to Krejci, then I'm sure Anaheim will talk (and I say this as a Ducks hater).
He has more value but krejci is also signed and plays a more important position and fills a hole for Anaheim. I don't see Anaheim getting a better piece for a guy about to become a ufa unless the are looking for a bunch of futures.

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Dmitry Orlov, Joel Ward and the 1st.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Oates2Neely

If a team is allowed to talk w/ Perrys agent prior to trade? He'll snag a good haul.

Boston offers:
Krejci
Knight
1st

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)
Don't think that would be too interesting. Zibanejad is a great piece. But Puempel is a bit of a project. Not that Bishop doesn't have value, but his subjective value to us isn't nearly as high as to a team that has more of a need than us. I'd have to believe we'd be looking for something that looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Edler and Jensen
Doesn't make sense, really. Value is not a problem, but there's teams in position to trade away UFAs at the deadline, and there's teams in position to add UFAs. If the Ducks feel they'll be in position to trade one away, they won't acquire one (unless it's a cap necessity to facilitate the deal they like best).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

Your rationalisation on leverage doesn't really translate into reality, though. It's a fair argument for virtually every rental that has ever been dealt. Still, there has always been significantly higher prices paid for such premier rentals. The leverage that comes from a big market (plenty teams interested) has always been meaningful enough to create higher prices than that. No need to expect that to change if it came to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
Probably, but it would be a very atypical deal for a UFA to be.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
SpinoRama360

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Gonna throw out some names I think the Ducks would have interest in, keep in mind these are lists not proposals:

-Turris, Cowen, Zibanejad, Greening

- Hamilton, Lucic

- Grigorenko, Pysyk, Ennis, Adam, Foligno

- Stepan, McDonaugh, Girardi, Hagelin, Kreider

- Nino, Strome, Hamonic

- Bennett, Sutter, Dumoulin, Harrington, Maata

- Burmistrov, Kane, Scheifele

- Couturier, B. Schenn

- A. Larsson, A. Henrique

- Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Howden
I would do something around Ennis, Stafford+ for a signed Perry (the + would obviously have to be something significant like Sekera or McNabb)

Top 6 next year
Vanek Hodgson Pominville
Foligno Grigorenko Perry

Last edited by SpinoRama360: 01-15-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: need to add
SpinoRama360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:16 AM
feedingschennzy

Philadelphia offers

Coburn + Voracek + Wellwood + 1st

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:48 AM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinoRama360 View Post
I would do something around Ennis, Stafford+ for a signed Perry (the + would obviously have to be something significant like Sekera or McNabb)

Top 6 next year
Vanek Hodgson Pominville
Foligno Grigorenko Perry
A signed Perry fetches far more than that. Nothing against Ennis, Stafford, etc. but the deal would at least have to center around Hodgson.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote