HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 09:47 AM
  #1
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,938
vCash: 500
NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings

North American list:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643

1 JONES, SETH D PORTLAND WHL
2 MACKINNON, NATHAN C HALIFAX QMJHL
3 DROUIN, JONATHAN LW HALIFAX QMJHL
4 MONAHAN, SEAN C OTTAWA OHL
5 SHINKARUK, HUNTER C/LW MEDICINE HAT WHL
6 PULOCK, RYAN D BRANDON WHL
7 GAUTHIER, FREDERIK C RIMOUSKI QMJHL
8 ZYKOV, VALENTIN LW BAIE-COMEAU QMJHL
9 NURSE, DARNELL D SAULT STE. MARIE OHL
10 MANTHA, ANTHONY RW VAL-D'OR QMJHL


re: the London Knights - i'm a bit surprised Horvat is before Domi and Zadorov is so low.

here are the European rankings:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=8...id=DL|NHL|home

1 BARKOV, ALEKSANDER C TAPPARA FINLAND
2 LINDHOLM, ELIAS C BRYNAS SWEDEN
3 RISTOLAINEN, RASMUS D TPS FINLAND
4 NICHUSHKIN, VALERI RW CHELMET RUSSIA-2
5 BURAKOVSKY, ANDRE LW MALMO SWEDEN-2
6 DE LA ROSE, JACOB LW LEKSAND SWEDEN-2
7 HAGG, ROBERT D MODO JR. SWEDEN-JR.
8 WENNBERG, ALEXANDER C DJURGARDEN SWEDEN-2
9 LEHKONEN, ARTTURI LW KALPA FINLAND
10 DANO, MARKO C BRATISLAVA RUSSIA

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
  #2
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,411
vCash: 500
The QMJHL with 5 players in the top-10, 7 in the top-15. Unheard of?

EDIT: + n1 goaltender is from the QMJHL

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  #3
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Dat draft class!

Frederik Gauthier is probably the least talked about kid ranked in the 1st round. Anyone seen him play? Whats his style?

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  #4
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Cammaratta is entirely off the lists now? What the ****.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
  #5
BruinsBtn
Registered User
 
BruinsBtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
The QMJHL with 5 players in the top-10, 7 in the top-15. Unheard of?

EDIT: + n1 goaltender is from the QMJHL
Plus two Memorial Cups in a row (and a good shot this year -- Halifax is 35-4-3)

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
  #6
OvechkinTooth
Registered User
 
OvechkinTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: HopelessTown, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Zykov has cracked top-10 in the NA list. Great player. He played good in SSS last year for Russia against Quebec. Good sniper with excellent feel for score and almost always turns up at right place at right time.

OvechkinTooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
  #7
Canuck71
Registered User
 
Canuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 500
Really don't understand why CSS has such a hate for the small goal scoring forwards who CAN put the puck in the net. Seen it back in 2010 where Jeff Skinner was always low in the CSS lists and was the #34 NA skater in the final rankings. We all know what happened there.

So why the hate for Domi? I wouldn't even call 5'10" 190 lbs small at all, but Domi really knows how to put the puck in the net and create offense. Sure there are some scouts that don't think his game will translate to the next level but Domi is as hard of a worker there is in this draft class and he has adapted to competition everywhere he's played so far. I would have Domi as a shoe in top 15 pick at least.

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
  #8
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Always take these lists with a grain of salt, ALWAYS!!!!

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
  #9
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Really don't understand why CSS has such a hate for the small goal scoring forwards who CAN put the puck in the net. Seen it back in 2010 where Jeff Skinner was always low in the CSS lists and was the #34 NA skater in the final rankings. We all know what happened there.

So why the hate for Domi? I wouldn't even call 5'10" 190 lbs small at all, but Domi really knows how to put the puck in the net and create offense. Sure there are some scouts that don't think his game will translate to the next level but Domi is as hard of a worker there is in this draft class and he has adapted to competition everywhere he's played so far. I would have Domi as a shoe in top 15 pick at least.
Domi is one of the most offensively gifted players in this draft, just remember during most of last year they had Grigorenko above Yaks.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:21 AM
  #10
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Really don't understand why CSS has such a hate for the small goal scoring forwards who CAN put the puck in the net. Seen it back in 2010 where Jeff Skinner was always low in the CSS lists and was the #34 NA skater in the final rankings. We all know what happened there.

So why the hate for Domi? I wouldn't even call 5'10" 190 lbs small at all, but Domi really knows how to put the puck in the net and create offense. Sure there are some scouts that don't think his game will translate to the next level but Domi is as hard of a worker there is in this draft class and he has adapted to competition everywhere he's played so far. I would have Domi as a shoe in top 15 pick at least.
no way is domi 190. not even close to it.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
  #11
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,746
vCash: 50
i thought messier's nephew might get ranked after ripping up the bchl. Maybe the fact that he's expected to spend the full 4 years at harvard hurts him.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
  #12
Canuck71
Registered User
 
Canuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
no way is domi 190. not even close to it.
Well every team does their HT/WT stats at the start of the year and Domi is listed at 194 lbs. Don't know how you would know what he weights unless you privately weighed him yourself. He's a bulky kid.

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
  #13
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Well every team does their HT/WT stats at the start of the year and Domi is listed at 194 lbs. Don't know how you would know what he weights unless you privately weighed him yourself. He's a bulky kid.
the teams always exaggerate players' weights on their websites. Have you ever seen him? He's not 194

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
  #14
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
the teams always exaggerate players' weights on their websites. Have you ever seen him? He's not 194
He may not be 190 or 194 right now, but he was 184 when weighed by Hockey Canada this summer.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
  #15
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Really don't understand why CSS has such a hate for the small goal scoring forwards who CAN put the puck in the net. Seen it back in 2010 where Jeff Skinner was always low in the CSS lists and was the #34 NA skater in the final rankings. We all know what happened there.

So why the hate for Domi? I wouldn't even call 5'10" 190 lbs small at all, but Domi really knows how to put the puck in the net and create offense. Sure there are some scouts that don't think his game will translate to the next level but Domi is as hard of a worker there is in this draft class and he has adapted to competition everywhere he's played so far. I would have Domi as a shoe in top 15 pick at least.
I agree with the comment to take these rankings with a grain of salt. NHL teams each have their own lists based on their needs and how the project a player. Being ranked how on this list does not indicate that you will go high in the draft.

With regard to Domi, on Central Scouting's first list they had Domi at 5'9. I agree that he will be a top 15-20 pick, his instincts and creativity are very strong. But he does need to work on the other side of the ice.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
  #16
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
I find it very strange that a guy that has played 9 SEL games this season, is ranked as low as 79th among Europeans. I really find that hard to believe.. I wonder where he would be ranked if he were Swedish...

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  #17
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor
 
amjay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Cammaratta is entirely off the lists now? What the ****.
Noticed that, has to be an oversight.

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
  #18
nogger
ploffs?
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,602
vCash: 50
Is there something going on with Lazar? He used to be hovering around the 4-7 mark

nogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:41 AM
  #19
canucks20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Charlie Graham at 21 for North American Goalies seems a bit low.

canucks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
  #20
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,177
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Is there something going on with Lazar? He used to be hovering around the 4-7 mark
Just isn't producing like you expect from a top ten pick.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
  #21
arsmaster
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Is there something going on with Lazar? He used to be hovering around the 4-7 mark
Low production.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:23 PM
  #22
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Some crazy rankings on here, for sure.

JP Lipon went from being one of the Top 20-25 players in the WHL on the CSS' first rankings, to down at #96 with WHLers who weren't previously ranked (Tyler Lewington, Roberts Lipsbergs, Ty Stanton and Myles Bell) all jumping ahead of him (In Bell's case, he should be higher, probably much higher).

They also went really crazy with adding overage goalies with Patrik Bartosak, Franky Palazessee, Mackenzie Skapski, Eetu Laurikainen and Etienne Marcoux all making the list, depite not one of them being mentioned in any goalie lists in the first part of the season.

Other rankings that really surprised me

Oliver Bjorkstrand at #29 (Haven't seen him listed that high anywhere, especially 5 spots above Petan)
Nikita Zadorov at #30 (ISS has him #9 overall)
Jonathan Diaby at #45 (There must be one ISS scout who loves him, as they're the only ones to consistently rank him)
Kayle Doetzel at #50 (I love Doetzel, so I'm excited to see anyone else rank him)
Remi Elie at #56 (Another guy I love, so happy to see him)
Marc-Olivier Roy at #58 (I've seen him pegged as a fringe 1st rounder, so dropping to the 3rd round or so seems low)
Ryan Kujawinkski at #69 (A lot of folks love him and have him borderline Top 30)
Spencer Martin t #5G (I'm not sure how he can't be in Top 4, even Top 3 at this point)
Jackson Whistle at #26 G (There are a lot of guys ahead of him who probably shouldn't be)
Dakota Mermis at #156 (Seems like they only added him because he signed with London, no mention previously, IIRC)

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
  #23
arsmaster
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Some crazy rankings on here, for sure.

JP Lipon went from being one of the Top 20-25 players in the WHL on the CSS' first rankings, to down at #96 with WHLers who weren't previously ranked (Tyler Lewington, Roberts Lipsbergs, Ty Stanton and Myles Bell) all jumping ahead of him (In Bell's case, he should be higher, probably much higher).

They also went really crazy with adding overage goalies with Patrik Bartosak, Franky Palazessee, Mackenzie Skapski, Eetu Laurikainen and Etienne Marcoux all making the list, depite not one of them being mentioned in any goalie lists in the first part of the season.

Other rankings that really surprised me

Oliver Bjorkstrand at #29 (Haven't seen him listed that high anywhere, especially 5 spots above Petan)
Nikita Zadorov at #30 (ISS has him #9 overall)
Jonathan Diaby at #45 (There must be one ISS scout who loves him, as they're the only ones to consistently rank him)
Kayle Doetzel at #50 (I love Doetzel, so I'm excited to see anyone else rank him)
Remi Elie at #56 (Another guy I love, so happy to see him)
Marc-Olivier Roy at #58 (I've seen him pegged as a fringe 1st rounder, so dropping to the 3rd round or so seems low)
Ryan Kujawinkski at #69 (A lot of folks love him and have him borderline Top 30)
Spencer Martin t #5G (I'm not sure how he can't be in Top 4, even Top 3 at this point)
Jackson Whistle at #26 G (There are a lot of guys ahead of him who probably shouldn't be)
Dakota Mermis at #156 (Seems like they only added him because he signed with London, no mention previously, IIRC)
It's always hard with CSS to figure out if they are projecting skill-set, or probability to make the NHL.

Remi Ellie is a good player, but the 50th best North American I just don't see it....will probably make the NHL as an energy line player, but the ultimate upside, I'd say is pretty low.

Nothing against Elie, just an example from your list.

--------

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
  #24
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I find it very strange that a guy that has played 9 SEL games this season, is ranked as low as 79th among Europeans. I really find that hard to believe.. I wonder where he would be ranked if he were Swedish...
With 9 games? Not high.

bottomofthefoodchain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:02 PM
  #25
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
With 9 games? Not high.
Usually first eligible players playing even 9 games in the SEL are ranked a lot higher.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.