Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Center Ice or Gamecenter LIVE Packages- UPDATE - $49.99 Pricing

Old
01-14-2013, 06:38 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

vCash: 500
What is also awesome about this package is that you have access to the historical NHL Vault. I am watching the CBC feed of game 7 vs Vancouver right now.
nhlvault.JPG

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM
BigBadBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Called again to Shaw and she said $151.80 , but then I said some guy got it for $25.24 from Bell, she said let me talk to my manager, she then came back and said it would be free until the end of January and they would have a price on it sometime in those weeks that there is the free preview. So really still no answer.

I love large companies that don't know whats going on
I just talked to Shaw and she said no pricing has been determined. Said they are still awaiting pricing from the "networks" so the know what to charge us. She said everything is still up in the air, including the possibility of a free preview.

BigBadBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
bruinmann77

Direct tv seems to be asking the most so far

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Looks like a free preview from 1/19 to 1/31 then it's 49.50 from Cablevision. No brainer. Anyone that has never bought it before should...

Some weekends you have a 1, 4, 7, 10 and 10:30 games. I watch 12 straight hours of hockey most Saturdays.
You're Sick. I've always liked that about you.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
What is also awesome about this package is that you have access to the historical NHL Vault. I am watching the CBC feed of game 7 vs Vancouver right now.
Attachment 60197
That's almost worth the 50 right there

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:20 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Going to buy GameCenter regardless, as I'm in MN with no way to easily watch B's games, but a question.

I know Nationally Televised Games are Blacked Out, but available for viewing 2 days later...does this hold true for the playoffs??

Because of my work schedule, I can't watch games live ANYWAYS, so I'm fine with a 2 day delay...I've become quite good at avoiding scores/news for important games I can't watch live (Game 6 vs the Caps last year is a great example. I avoided all info on that game for 32 hours before watching it "live").

Being able to watch playoffs games, albeit with a delay, would be fine with me. If not...well, I'll just have to suck it up, and maybe ask dafoomie to upload the games as quick as he can.

MSPGabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:47 AM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Quote:
Attachment 60197
Took your lead Ranold - watching right now.

The announcer on CBC just said "Canada is on the edge of their seat."

Yes we are right

774EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Attachment 60197
Hey Ranold,

Ill be out in the Midwest for a couple of months. Can I get Gamecenter on my Kindle Fire?
If so do I need a proxy or anything like that if I can use my Kindle Fire? Someone help please.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:00 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
Took your lead Ranold - watching right now.
Every Bruins game in the past 5 years is archived and all those classic ones in the library is awesome.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Hey Ranold,

Ill be out in the Midwest for a couple of months. Can I get Gamecenter on my Kindle Fire?
If so do I need a proxy or anything like that if I can use my Kindle Fire? Someone help please.
http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/cdsignup.jsp
Here is a list of devices supported. Perhaps call their number for update etc 866-210-6349

Old
01-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Budddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin View Post
I just talked to Shaw and she said no pricing has been determined. Said they are still awaiting pricing from the "networks" so the know what to charge us. She said everything is still up in the air, including the possibility of a free preview.
They said to me yesterday that there will be a free preview until Jan 31...should be on website soon...

Budddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Attachment 60197
I think the CBC feed of Game 6 might be the best, especially when that dofus Glen Healy says the Canucks aren't out of this yet they just need to score the next goal. And then Boston immediately scores again.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Mazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I think the CBC feed of Game 6 might be the best, especially when that dofus Glen Healy says the Canucks aren't out of this yet they just need to score the next goal. And then Boston immediately scores again.
Not a fan of Healy's opinions, but I still find him very entertaining. I can handle the guys who act a bit like clowns and are good for a chuckle over blowhards like McGuire.

Btw, I just checked Xbox Live *again* and still not seeing the GameCenter app. Pretty sure I am looking in the right place, because I can see the MLB, NBA, UFC apps. If anyone else can see it, please post!

Mazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:00 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPGabe View Post
Going to buy GameCenter regardless, as I'm in MN with no way to easily watch B's games, but a question.

I know Nationally Televised Games are Blacked Out, but available for viewing 2 days later...does this hold true for the playoffs??

Because of my work schedule, I can't watch games live ANYWAYS, so I'm fine with a 2 day delay...I've become quite good at avoiding scores/news for important games I can't watch live (Game 6 vs the Caps last year is a great example. I avoided all info on that game for 32 hours before watching it "live").

Being able to watch playoffs games, albeit with a delay, would be fine with me. If not...well, I'll just have to suck it up, and maybe ask dafoomie to upload the games as quick as he can.
I believe they are archived but not sure how soon. They don't air them live as you mentioned since they're pretty much all aired nationally. You may actually be able to sneak around it by using an overseas proxy. Might tank your bitrate though. I'll have to try that this year as I'm usually stuck watching CBC streams or even worse atdhe.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzie View Post
Not a fan of Healy's opinions, but I still find him very entertaining. I can handle the guys who act a bit like clowns and are good for a chuckle over blowhards like McGuire.

Btw, I just checked Xbox Live *again* and still not seeing the GameCenter app. Pretty sure I am looking in the right place, because I can see the MLB, NBA, UFC apps. If anyone else can see it, please post!
This is so frustrating that they can't get their act together. The season starts on Saturday and they can't tell you a damned thing about how to give them money for a service.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Mazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
This is so frustrating that they can't get their act together. The season starts on Saturday and they can't tell you a damned thing about how to give them money for a service.
I think you can sign up online, and then enter your user/pass into the app (when it comes out) but I... (a) want to see the app before I shell out (b) have a bunch of MS Points that I am hoping I can use to purchase, but not holding my breath.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzie View Post
I think you can sign up online, and then enter your user/pass into the app (when it comes out) but I... (a) want to see the app before I shell out (b) have a bunch of MS Points that I am hoping I can use to purchase, but not holding my breath.
hey buddy- I just talked to them- it will be available for XBOX Live on Friday! Already purchased!!

Edit- I just purchased Gamecenter....still waiting for the app on XBOX live. Can't wait.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Greyhounds

Quote:
It's like this every year. None of the reps know a thing about it until 1st day of the season.

But the first week is always free, so there's no rush. I usually order in the middle of the free week.

Greyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Mazzie

Quote:
hey buddy- I just talked to them- it will be available for XBOX Live on Friday! Already purchased!!

Edit- I just purchased Gamecenter....still waiting for the app on XBOX live. Can't wait.
Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm pumped!

Old
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
caz16

vCash: 664
Here is a link for signing up and renewing Game Centre if anyone needs it:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterliv...gamecenterlive

caz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
goalieman40

Hey all, I'm in the same boat looking at canceling my cable and whatnot, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to do the whole proxying thing so i can see the games? My wife wasn't thrilled that right when we were looking to cancel the season starts

I also don't think my Sony Bluray player will work, so it's my computer, iphone, or i'll pick up the cheap Roku.

goalieman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:19 AM
bp13

Okay I downloaded the app and i bought GC. I logged into the app on my iPhone. But I can't find any library of old games to watch.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
I am in same boat as many other hockey fans and hence came here...

NHL has taken off last year's app from Google play, so new app should be up soon. That also indicates, I hope, that they will be launching Xbox app before saturday. Another hint is that on nhl.com/devices, Xbox wasn't listed until a couple of days ago. So, I strongly believe it should be ready (hopefully without bugs) by the time season starts.

Just waiting for app to officially come out before I commit $50 to GCL.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:39 AM
DK46

For those of you in Atlantic Canada and who have Bell Aliant. They will have Center Ice for $49.99 but they are not allowed to take orders for it until Thursday.

DK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:46 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman40 View Post
Hey all, I'm in the same boat looking at canceling my cable and whatnot, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to do the whole proxying thing so i can see the games? My wife wasn't thrilled that right when we were looking to cancel the season starts

I also don't think my Sony Bluray player will work, so it's my computer, iphone, or i'll pick up the cheap Roku.
You can just use your computer- sign up for it now. It's HD for most games. I got rid of cable over a year ago. I don't miss it at all. I watch Netflix, use Zune for movies and music on the XBOX Live service.