HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Hall-Yakupov vs Seguin-Galchenyuk

View Poll Results: Which pair would you take on your team?
Hall-Yakupov 251 48.83%
Seguin-Galchenyuk 243 47.28%
Too close 20 3.89%
Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-15-2013, 10:22 AM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Hall > Seguin
Yakupov > Galchenyuk

Pretty easy choice, not saying it's a landslide or anything but I do believe the Oilers duo is clearly better.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Talent-wise, it's very similar. One duo has the most powerful wheels, the other has better ability to use other linemates and control the play with stick-handling.

One has quite a size advantage over the other though, so I'll go with the 6'1+ 200lbs+ duo.
Sure because Height/weight is the only thing that matters in hockey.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:29 AM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
hahaha cmon just look it up. its a well known fact.
The KHL has been marginally lower scoring than the NHL the past few seasons, in 2011-2012 there was a difference of 0.2 goals per game, in 2010-2011 there was a difference of 0.02 goals per game, in 2009-2010 there was a difference of 0.12 goals per game. Overall I'd say it's pretty much a negligible difference.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
The KHL has been marginally lower scoring than the NHL the past few seasons, in 2011-2012 there was a difference of 0.2 goals per game, in 2010-2011 there was a difference of 0.02 goals per game, in 2009-2010 there was a difference of 0.12 goals per game. Overall I'd say it's pretty much a negligible difference.
Didn't you just prove his point? The NHL is the best league in the world, and it is even tougher to score in the KHL.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Sasso09

The answer is Hall-Yak but it's close.. Only reason they're losing the poll is because MTL/BOS/Nuetral vs EDM/Nuetral

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
habs_24x

Ill take Seguin before Hall. As for Yak and Gally, cant know right now.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:46 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
Ill take Seguin before Hall. As for Yak and Gally, cant know right now.
And how do you know if you take Seguin before Hall if you don't even know who to take before Gally and Yaks. Two NHL seasons is just too small of a sample size, there shouldn't even be arguments in this thread because this is based solely on your opinions...

Old
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Someone else from that 2010 draft might become the better player you never know.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Didn't you just prove his point? The NHL is the best league in the world, and it is even tougher to score in the KHL.
His point was that the KHL is a 'more defensive league' as if this is just a universally known axiom when in reality the scoring difference is pretty insignificant. I think the fact that Yakupov was scoring at a point per game in the best active hockey league in the World is impressive enough on its own, there's no need to be misleading and act like scoring is considerably lower in the KHL is all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
And how do you know if you take Seguin before Hall if you don't even know who to take before Gally and Yaks. Two NHL seasons is just too small of a sample size, there shouldn't even be arguments in this thread because this is based solely on your opinions...
Most arguments are generally rooted in conflicting opinions. If there was some way to factually prove one player is better than another there would be no argument.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

[Most arguments are generally rooted in conflicting opinions. If there was some way to factually prove one player is better than another there would be no argument.[/QUOTE]

I know but you can just state your opinion and make a case for it without bashing the other persons opinion that's just pretty dumb.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:03 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Hall and Yakupov

01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
The two that dont play for the Oilers, AINEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Hall = Seguin

Yakupov > Galchenyuk

Wouldn't expect HF to pick two Oilers though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
The answer is Hall-Yak but it's close.. Only reason they're losing the poll is because MTL/BOS/Nuetral vs EDM/Nuetral

You boys have got to put on your big boy pants. Everytime I see any poll that doesn't pick one of your players, I see Oiler fans feeling sorry for themselves and feeling picked on. No one, and I mean no one, will know how these comparisons will work out today. Maybe the Oilers have two of the best players on the planet in Hall and Yakupov in 5 years, maybe they aren't. No one knows.

I lived in Edmonton for 11 years. It's a tough town, stop whining, you'll ruin the reputation.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post

You boys have got to put on your big boy pants. Everytime I see any poll that doesn't pick one of your players, I see Oiler fans feeling sorry for themselves and feeling picked on. No one, and I mean no one, will know how these comparisons will work out today. Maybe the Oilers have two of the best players on the planet in Hall and Yakupov in 5 years, maybe they aren't. No one knows.

I lived in Edmonton for 11 years. It's a tough town, stop whining, you'll ruin the reputation.
I'm a Hawks fan and I Hate the Oilers, but nice try

Old
01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Falcons93

Seguin > Hall
Yakupov = Galchenyuk (maybe a slight edge to Yakupov if I HAD to pick)

I'd take Seguin and Galchenyuk. If it was Yakupov and RNH, I'd take them instead. Not sold on Taylor Hall yet.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Falcons93

Quote:

Lol what are you talking about? People clearly have an irrational hatred towards many of the Canadian teams on this website, the Oilers included. It does affect the poll results.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:56 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Lol what are you talking about? People clearly have an irrational hatred towards many of the Canadian teams on this website, the Oilers included. It does affect the poll results.
I think the Canadian fans' irrational homerism balances it out.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
dkny1121*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Alex Galchenyuk: 61 pts in 33 games in the OHL (1.85 pts/game). He is slighty above the 2 pts/game pace excluding the first few games where he shook off the rust.

Nail Yakupov: 69 pts in 42 games in the OHL last year (1.64 pts/game)

Galchenyuk is 5 months younger than Yakupov so Galchy was only 7 months older when he did his 1.85 PPG vs 1.64 for Yakupov. And Galchy might have close to 2 PPG had he played the whole season in Sarnia.
You are compairing a Drafted players CHL stats to a undrafted player?

Nail is .5 GPG and near PPG in the freaking KHL.

dkny1121* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Red08

I take the duo with the best player.

Seguin-Galchenyuk

Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red08 View Post
I take the duo with the best player.

Seguin-Galchenyuk
It's how I made my decision.

Perhaps should have went equal though, not sure the gap between Hall/Seguin makes up the gap of Galy/Yak

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
MessierII

How come Seguin > Hall only because of injuries (the only argument you can make for Seguin) but the same doesn't apply for Gally? This reminds of the poll where people were picking Lupul over Hemsky because of Hemsky's injury concerns lol. HF at its finest.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Sasso09

I don't understand the whole Hall>Seguin thing at all... Hall has been the better player, the only way you can take Seguin is if you consider the possibility of Hall not being healthy. Hall is the better hockey player.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
More like Seguin>Hall

I'd take Seguin and Galchenyuk
What exactly is this based on? Because Seguin played more games?
It amazes me that so many HFers think that Seguin is currently better than Hall, what exactly is that based on? Please tell me.
I always hear the injuries argument or that Seguin is a center (which he hasn't played in the NHL) but then those same people who bring up the injury argument say that Galchenyuk is better than Yakupov yet Galchenyuk is the player who missed an entire season due to injury. Funny stuff.

As of right now, i think that it's fair to say that Seguin=Hall and that Yakupov>=Galchenyuk.
An argument can be made for Seguin or Hall being better so i'll call it even.
Yakupov was drafted ahead of Galchenyuk (was consensus #1) and nothing has changed that much since draft day. Galchenyuk is having an excellent season in junior and Yakupov was having an excellent season in a pro league, neither was that great in the WJC. I don't think that there's a big gap between the two but Yakupov was declared the better player at draft time (albeit slightly according to some) and that's still the case until proven otherwise.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
How come Seguin > Hall only because of injuries (the only argument you can make for Seguin) but the same doesn't apply for Gally? This reminds of the poll where people were picking Lupul over Hemsky because of Hemsky's injury concerns lol. HF at its finest.
Actual logic on HF, something is wrong

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Cawz

Quote:

Why are you responding to a Hawks fan in Chicago about you living in Edmonton? What an odd response.

Quote:
Exactly. One way to get a good debate is to pit an Oiler player vs a Habs player. Two of the most passionate fan bases who will argue to the death. Throw in a Bruins player for good measure and bam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
How come Seguin > Hall only because of injuries (the only argument you can make for Seguin) but the same doesn't apply for Gally?
Very good question. But you wont get a good answer becasue you used too much common sense.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:33 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Quote:
I don't understand the whole Hall>Seguin thing at all... Hall has been the better player, the only way you can take Seguin is if you consider the possibility of Hall not being healthy. Hall is the better hockey player.
This.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote