HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

Penalizing trading on the clock

View Poll Results: Should there be a penalty for trading on the clock?
Yes, we should keep at least a minor penalty 13 44.83%
No, trading on the clock should officially be allowed 16 55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 09:46 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 500
Although I may have said the contrary a few days back, we shouldn't penalize someone trading OTC. The ATD should be a fun relaxing pastime. We should all chill-out and enjoy the ride, whatever time it takes.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Although I may have said the contrary a few days back, we shouldn't penalize someone trading OTC. The ATD should be a fun relaxing pastime. We should all chill-out and enjoy the ride, whatever time it takes.
And if you're drafting behind me, and I'm using my clock to try to get rediculous trade offeres every time, and using my clock every time, we'll see how you stay relaxed

My 1st round pick is available for your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. In exchange, you get my 1st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th. I'll be back in 12 hours to see if I get any PMs.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Hawkman
Mustang Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
And if you're drafting behind me, and I'm using my clock to try to get rediculous trade offeres every time, and using my clock every time, we'll see how you stay relaxed My 1st round pick is available for your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. In exchange, you get my 1st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th. I'll be back in 12 hours to see if I get any PMs.
I remember that trade from the MLD.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Quote:
And if you're drafting behind me, and I'm using my clock to try to get rediculous trade offeres every time, and using my clock every time, we'll see how you stay relaxed

My 1st round pick is available for your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. In exchange, you get my 1st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th. I'll be back in 12 hours to see if I get any PMs.
isn't that the trade I and VanI tried to pull to get Gretzky & Lemieux in my first draft?

I think the worst thing about that ridiculous trade wasn't me (that had exactly 24 hours of GM experience behind the belt) but VanI , who tried to pull it via his alter-ego Zamboni Mania.That's why I'm always laughing my ass off when he tries to justify his actions by saying ZM was just a picking-machine.He actually almost destroyed the entire draft from the get go , so much for a picking-machine

One of the other thing that disturbs me in retrospective is that it actually almost got approved.There's no way I would ever accept such a trade in any draft I'm participating in now that I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Jafar: 01-15-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Since this is so close I wanted to ask how we are handling Co-GM's voting in this poll? It seems unfair that one ATD team have more voting power than another.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Since this is so close I wanted to ask how we are handling Co-GM's voting in this poll? It seems unfair that one ATD team have more voting power than another.
Well....it kinda works both ways.

For instance, Dreakmur and I voted opposite ways on this one, therefore basically canceling out our teams' vote. Same with bluesfan and overpass. Same with Hedberg and VanI.

Murphy and God Made Me are the only teammates that have voted for the same topic. It's a tough call. I'd probably just let it stand as it is because of the three other teams' votes basically being canceled.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Well....it kinda works both ways.

For instance, Dreakmur and I voted opposite ways on this one, therefore basically canceling out our teams' vote. Same with bluesfan and overpass. Same with Hedberg and VanI.

Murphy and God Made Me are the only teammates that have voted for the same topic. It's a tough call. I'd probably just let it stand as it is because of the three other teams' votes basically being canceled.
Its only fair to use both Murphy's and GMM's votes if they voted for penalties. If they both voted against, it would be infair.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:58 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Its only fair to use both Murphy's and GMM's votes if they voted for penalties. If they both voted against, it would be infair.
Just out of curiosity...Why? lol

Old
01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
I don't see how this rule gives any teams competitive advantages of even the small type. It's basically just a rule based on the personal annoyance factor of a GM. I was just going to count every vote separately (except Sandros - sorry man if you're reading this, but no).

Old
01-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Hawkey Town 18

uhhhh...sandros is my co-gm...count his vote

Old
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

****ing sandros , such a mystery , like the universe

Old
01-15-2013, 01:19 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
****ing sandros , such a mystery , like the universe
He's a huge mystery. If you click on his name, you'll see he has zero posts on hfboards. I checked to see if he's a sock and he seems legit though - just a poster who likes to read and vote on polls but not post. Nothing wrong with that... except his vote isn't counting on this particular poll.

(If there's confusion, I already changed the vote total, so what you see are the legit numbers without the mystery man).

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 01-15-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Just out of curiosity...Why? lol
Because I don't lose. I only win.... or I quit because it's unfair.

It was just a joke lol.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Murphy

Quote:
We are as one....haha

So going to win this thing........

if it ever starts?

Old
01-15-2013, 01:52 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
We are as one....haha

So going to win this thing........

if it ever starts?
I noticed you didn't give your input on whether we should try to start on Saturday or not in the planning thread.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Murphy

I prefer Saturday to coincide with the start of NHL but am ok with whenever. I see some here dont work well with deadlines

Old
01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I prefer Saturday to coincide with the start of NHL but am ok with whenever. I see some here dont work well with deadlines
I don't think you understand what's going on. In December, those of us who cared enough to start planning for the draft decided to start the draft in the last week of January or early week of February. The last week in January is when 2 of the last 3 drafts started.

Kind of bold for someone who wasn't involved in the planning process and who hasn't participated in the draft for years to come in and complain about the lack of deadlines, especially when we are ahead of schedule.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Murphy

I am ok with whenever is kind of bold????? lol

Can say one thing, atd's never used to be this "complicated"

Old
01-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

We are doing all of this just to make sure the ATD won't be complicated.

If someone doesn't like the politics and debates going on before the draft they can simply wait until it starts without participating in the organization of the rules.

Last edited by Jafar: 01-15-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
We are doing all of this just to make sure the ATD won't be complicated.

If someone doesn't like the politics and debates going on before the draft they can simply wait until it starts without participating in the organization of the rules.

Edit: Just saw you edited your post after I quoted it. Either way, I agree with both versions.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post

Edit: Just saw you edited your post after I quoted it. Either way, I agree with both versions.
Despite my english being sharper than it ever was , I still often have to edit because I don't like my structure or choice of words.

edit: I re-edited with the old post , no point in having two versions of the same argument

Old
01-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Hawkman
Mustang Sally

Quote:
Despite my english being sharper than it ever was, I still often have to edit because I don't like my structure or choice of words. edit: I re-edited with the old post , no point in having two versions of the same argument
Maybe you were just relaxing with a couple Molsons after dinner last season, but the improvement in your English has been incredible. If I didn't know you were from QC, I'd have no way of telling it. Keep up the good work! What's next? LL getting a computer!?!

Old
01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Made Me View Post
Maybe you were just relaxing with a couple Molsons after dinner last season, but the improvement in your English has been incredible. If I didn't know you were from QC, I'd have no way of telling it. Keep up the good work! What's next? LL getting a computer!?!
thanks man!

Old
01-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:

I sincerely hope the GMs will be polite, mature and considerate. In my world, GM stands for Gentleman Manager.

01-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
I sincerely hope the GMs will be polite, mature and considerate. In my world, GM stands for Gentleman Manager.
Is this your first draft?

Closed Thread