HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13: Your lineup for opening night

Old
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Why do people keep misspelling #1? That's twice now I've seen it as #20something.

Is this that yoloing kids are talking about?

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
With the new call-upps..

Purcell - Stamkos - Malone
St. Louis - Lecavalier - Conacher/Johnson
Pouliot - Pyatt/Wilson - Tyrell
Crombeen - Thomspon - Hall/Wyman

Hedman - Carle
Brewer - Salo
Lee - Aulie
Bergeron

Lindback
Garon

Kusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:00 PM
pain2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Pouliot was signed to be a top six forward. They're going to give him a shot. Has nothing to do with Connolly.
Maybe but Pouliot was given every chance to be a top-6 forward on the Habs when they desperately needed him to be and he never was able to really prove his worth. I think it is likely that he going to settle in as a nice 3rd liner for the rest of his NHL career, like he did with Boston last year.

pain2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:06 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusic View Post
With the new call-upps..

Purcell - Stamkos - Malone
St. Louis - Lecavalier - Conacher/Johnson
Pouliot - Pyatt/Wilson - Tyrell
Crombeen - Thomspon - Hall/Wyman

Hedman - Carle
Brewer - Salo
Lee - Aulie
Bergeron

Lindback
Garon
St Louis will certainly play on Stamkos line, and where is Connolly? and not a sniff of Barberios (sp?)?

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
St Louis will certainly play on Stamkos line, and where is Connolly? and not a sniff of Barberios (sp?)?
Stamkos has proven he can get along without Marty. Vinny is the one who could benefit from MSL.

The consensus for most of last season on here was Connolly should spend this entire season in the AHL. He would have been there last year had he been eligible. He also didn't get the call to go to camp.

and Barberio is pretty much on no ones NHL radar due to the organizations depth.

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

I think next season is when we really start to see the guys jump from AHL to here. Camp next season will be very intense for the young guys. This year Im hoping Conacher or Johnson make an impact. Would be a lot of fun to watch.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Lust4LEAFS

on yahoo it states malone will get a chance to play on stamkos and st louis line?

is this true?

i picked purcell in my draft thinking he was gunna have a huge year

Lust4LEAFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pain2007 View Post
Maybe but Pouliot was given every chance to be a top-6 forward on the Habs when they desperately needed him to be and he never was able to really prove his worth. I think it is likely that he going to settle in as a nice 3rd liner for the rest of his NHL career, like he did with Boston last year.
I know. Keep in mind when I say top six, I really mean a second liner. Hes going to move around between the top three lines i'd guess, hopefully finding a rhythm with someone, in the same way Pyatt did last year.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4LEAFS View Post
on yahoo it states malone will get a chance to play on stamkos and st louis line?

is this true?

i picked purcell in my draft thinking he was gunna have a huge year
Thats a good idea because Purcell showed good chemistry with Stamkos at the end of the year last year but Guy rotates his lines a lot, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:36 AM
TBLbrian

based on what ive been reading and my opinions.

St. Louis - Stamkos - Malone
Purcell - Lecavalier - Conacher
Pouliot - Pyatt - Tyrell
Thomspon - Hall - Crombeen

Brewer - Carle
Salo - Hedman
Lee - Mikkelson
Bergeron/Aulie

Lindback
Garon

i think Aulie will be the 7th D most nights and Crombeen may see some scratches depending on team. Bergeron seems expendable with Carle and Salo, but with the short season, they should carry extra D

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Parise9Crosby87

tyler johnson will make the team

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:57 AM
nhljohnson

I wonder, after the shellacking the bottom two lines took on most nights last season, if the organization wants to roll a speedy and defensively sound third line that is more offensively capable, not just for the sake of production but also to change the balance of zone time and starts. If they are willing to live with rookie adjustment in a shortened season, I think the roster would shake out something like this:

Quote:
Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell
Pouliot-Johnson-Tyrell/Pyatt
Hall-Thompson-Pyatt/Tyrell
(Crombeen)

Salo-Hedman
Brewer-Carle
Lee-Mikkelson
(Aulie, Bergeron)

Lindback
Garon
Of course, I'm showing a traditional setup when we all know Boucher frequently dresses 7 d-men.

And, yes, I know I'm showing Hall on the wing but, apart from taking draws, it's not as if, in Boucher's system, he has the standard pivot duties.

Last edited by nhljohnson: 01-15-2013 at 07:04 AM.
nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:11 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
I'd love to have both Crombeen and Labrie on the roster. When things get nasty we'll be ready.

But Nacho probably doesn't have that big of a chance.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
I wonder, after the shellacking the bottom two lines took on most nights last season, if the organization wants to roll a speedy and defensively sound third line that is more offensively capable, not just for the sake of production but also to change the balance of zone time and starts. If they are willing to live with rookie adjustment in a shortened season, I think the roster would shake out something like this:

Of course, I'm showing a traditional setup when we all know Boucher frequently dresses 7 d-men.

And, yes, I know I'm showing Hall on the wing but, apart from taking draws, it's not as if, in Boucher's system, he has the standard pivot duties.
No, I've been one of the few advocates for Hall at center, and unless peoples minds have changed, Thompson is normally the one who is written in there. As in real life, Thompson has more often been the one taking the draw.

Both of them are intelligent enough to play center, but I think the numbers are a bit more favorable with Hall taking the draw and Thompson has that physical side that'd be good along the boards.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Flame Demers*

Devils Fan coming in peace. Is Lindbach or Linberg gonna be the starter? I heard he is extremely skilled.

Can anyone give me some insight on him?

Flame Demers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Demers View Post
Devils Fan coming in peace. Is Lindbach or Linberg gonna be the starter? I heard he is extremely skilled.

Can anyone give me some insight on him?
I think Lindback will probably be the starter, but they aren't going to name him the #1 guy until he earns it. Until then it'll be a 1a/1b thing with Garon.

And we can't really give you any insight yet, because we haven't seen him play for the Lightning yet.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Linberg is going to be pretty good though.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Flame Demers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I think Lindback will probably be the starter, but they aren't going to name him the #1 guy until he earns it. Until then it'll be a 1a/1b thing with Garon.

And we can't really give you any insight yet, because we haven't seen him play for the Lightning yet.
Thanks, im looking forward to seeing him play. I really wanted the devils to trade for him to prepare for when Marty kicks down the Hall of Fame doors with a girl on each arm

Flame Demers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
NHLeitner

Is anyone else a bit worried about Purcell this year? Doesn't it usually take him a while to get going each season? That would hurt bad - especially this season - if our second line winger takes 25-30 games to get in the swing of things....

NHLeitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLeitner View Post
Is anyone else a bit worried about Purcell this year? Doesn't it usually take him a while to get going each season? That would hurt bad - especially this season - if our second line winger takes 25-30 games to get in the swing of things....
Purcell is normally RW, but you would be right. Iginla is the same way so it'll be interesting to see if they realize it's already January.

I'm actually more concerned about Boucher's intensity. Last season he appeared too lenient for the early part of the season, and for far too long. If Boucher pushes Purcell right, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Purcell is normally RW, but you would be right. Iginla is the same way so it'll be interesting to see if they realize it's already January.

I'm actually more concerned about Boucher's intensity. Last season he appeared too lenient for the early part of the season, and for far too long. If Boucher pushes Purcell right, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.
I just hope they all got a giant chip on their shoulder after last season. Intensity needs to make a comeback!!

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Stamkos has proven he can get along without Marty. Vinny is the one who could benefit from MSL.

The consensus for most of last season on here was Connolly should spend this entire season in the AHL. He would have been there last year had he been eligible. He also didn't get the call to go to camp.

and Barberio is pretty much on no ones NHL radar due to the organizations depth.

Right or wrong, it is what it is.
IMO you don't break up the Marty/Stamkos duo. Vinny should be moved to wing and paired with Connolly at center, and Barberio should be playing before Lee. I still like what I've seen from Dana Tyrell and it will be interesting to see what he can bring....

Old
01-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post

Now we're talking, really like this lineup.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Did some checking and interesting to learn that Marty only assisted on 20 +/- of Stamkos' goals in 2011-2012

Old
01-15-2013, 01:09 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
^ Do you have a chart or anything? Would be awesome to see since i'm in a debate.

Just wondering, how many goals did Stamkos score when St. Louis was injured? I have a friend whos trying to argue Iginla is the better scorer than Stamkos, and the only reason he scores more is because of St. Louis.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote