HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 08:00 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 500
The CBJ needs to embrace Stubhub. Yeah I get the 10 dollar promotion seats thing, but many teams use stubhub as an official resale outlet. (Including the Reds)

Ticketexchange artificially sets minimal value on resale tix and takes more of a percentage from the seller. It's difficult to resell Tuesday Thursday games on Ticketexchange. At least on Stubhub I can recoup half my cost on most nights.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
The $10 seats are a joke anyway IMO, theyre not to reward STH's, its to get butts in the seats for attendance numbers when they would be empty otherwise. Win and you dont need to sell $10 seats to boost your attendance numbers
It may be a joke to you, but every NHL team, or pro sports team for that matter, is going to do what needs to be done to get seats filled. They will be able to recoup some of that money in parking and concessions sales. Money they otherwise would not have if seats are empty.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
It may be a joke to you, but every NHL team, or pro sports team for that matter, is going to do what needs to be done to get seats filled. They will be able to recoup some of that money in parking and concessions sales. Money they otherwise would not have if seats are empty.
I think it's also a joke for many other NHL fans who point at Columbus as one of Bettman's failed pet project of league expansion. It's a way to bump up attendance to draw revenue sharing while the team continues to hit new embarrassing lows in on ice performance. Yes, other teams may offer promotions, but $10 seats in lower level of any professional sports team's arena/stadium has to be rare. It's not just Tuesday night versus the Phoenix Coyotes, it's Saturday night versus Blackhawks/Red Wings. Can you get $10 lower level seats for Browns/Steelers? Cavs/Heat? Indians/Yankees?

I wouldn't be disgruntled with fans who resale the tickets. They read/hear numourous times a year how the person sitting next to them in the lower bowl scalped a $25 ticket when they paid $65. If they make a couple bucks on the $10 tickets, it's just offsetting what they loss on the seats they own. It's more disturbing that this organization can't put a product on the ice that's worth more than $10-25/game to watch. Hopefully, that culture will change..the team will start winning and the need to dump $10 seats x 20 tickets per season ticketholder per game a thing of the past.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
I think it's also a joke for many other NHL fans who point at Columbus as one of Bettman's failed pet project of league expansion. It's a way to bump up attendance to draw revenue sharing while the team continues to hit new embarrassing lows in on ice performance. Yes, other teams may offer promotions, but $10 seats in lower level of any professional sports team's arena/stadium has to be rare. It's not just Tuesday night versus the Phoenix Coyotes, it's Saturday night versus Blackhawks/Red Wings. Can you get $10 lower level seats for Browns/Steelers? Cavs/Heat? Indians/Yankees?
Yes, yes, and yes. Not officially through the team, but via the secondary market dumping ground. Last year against the Heat, there were dozens of Cavs tickets for $1 apiece.

Also, pricing of tickets has nothing to do with whether Columbus is perceived to be a joke of an expansion team. It's entirely based on how recently we entered the league, and the fact that so many north of the border can't find us on a map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
The $10 seats are a joke anyway IMO, theyre not to reward STH's, its to get butts in the seats for attendance numbers when they would be empty otherwise. Win and you dont need to sell $10 seats to boost your attendance numbers

Last edited by Mayor Bee: 01-15-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Yes, yes, and yes. Not officially through the team, but via the secondary market dumping ground. Last year against the Heat, there were dozens of Cavs tickets for $1 apiece.

Also, pricing of tickets has nothing to do with whether Columbus is perceived to be a joke of an expansion team. It's entirely based on how recently we entered the league, and the fact that so many north of the border can't find us on a map
Really? People were selling Club/Lower level seats for the Heat game for $1? That had to be because they were just trying to send a personal message to Lebron. Gees..donate them to charity. The tax deduction would be worth more.

Pricing does impact their perception. Pricing is reflection of demand. No demand for tickets reinforces their perception that franchises like Columbus shouldn't exist. Start a thread on Main Boards regarding CBJ offering $10 lower bowl/club tickets for first 1/2 of the season. Before the end of the first page, there will be someone cracking the obligatory joke about "Canadians not respecting Columbus".

It's not a good sign for any organization when you have to basically give away your product. Hopefully, the organization has finally bottomed out and will give us some reasons to be optimistic.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:35 AM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

Sold

Last edited by BJfan: 01-20-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Sold
Old
01-15-2013, 11:36 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Yes, other teams may offer promotions, but $10 seats in lower level of any professional sports team's arena/stadium has to be rare. It's not just Tuesday night versus the Phoenix Coyotes, it's Saturday night versus Blackhawks/Red Wings. Can you get $10 lower level seats for Browns/Steelers? Cavs/Heat? Indians/Yankees?
I bought several weeknight Reds games last summer for between 10-15 on stubhub.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
There were game 5 and 6 NLDS tickets for as low as $3.

01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

New "Season Passes" have arrived! A nice letter from Priest accompanies them, welcoming JD and the new players (by name), and listing some of the returning leaders and young prospects. A notable name missing: Scott Howson (though, to be fair, Richards also is not mentioned)!

Old
01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
New "Season Passes" have arrived! A nice letter from Priest accompanies them, welcoming JD and the new players (by name), and listing some of the returning leaders and young prospects. A notable name missing: Scott Howson (though, to be fair, Richards also is not mentioned)!
Mine also come with a JTB decal and pin.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

If you read the info about the new STH card it says to use the checklist on page 11 to keep track of which games you have tickets to. Turn to page 11 and try it

Old
01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
If you read the info about the new STH card it says to use the checklist on page 11 to keep track of which games you have tickets to. Turn to page 11 and try it
Notice that too. It is the same one they sent out during the summer.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

You can only forward 1 game at a time? If I were part of a group or with a company with tickets I'd be pissed about this system

Old
01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Mine also come with a JTB decal and pin.

You must not be a full PSL holder. I am not home so cannot send a photo, but we got a "Battle Kit" which contained a insulated water bottle, some type of blanket and the pin.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Really? People were selling Club/Lower level seats for the Heat game for $1? That had to be because they were just trying to send a personal message to Lebron. Gees..donate them to charity. The tax deduction would be worth more.
Yup, $1. I called my wife twice that day and asked if she wanted to go see that game, since there were a bunch of lower-level tickets for $1. She gave me some crap about "being tired" and "having a headache" (at 1 PM), and I told her that if we missed it and the Cavs won, I'd be pissed. They won. I was pissed.

Quote:
Pricing does impact their perception. Pricing is reflection of demand. No demand for tickets reinforces their perception that franchises like Columbus shouldn't exist. Start a thread on Main Boards regarding CBJ offering $10 lower bowl/club tickets for first 1/2 of the season. Before the end of the first page, there will be someone cracking the obligatory joke about "Canadians not respecting Columbus".
I was going more for the idea that pricing in either direction will not influence perception one bit in either direction. A good 50% of the people on these boards want us gone, no matter what. 35% want Nashville (the "model franchise" with a passionate fan base) gone as well, and a bunch more want Dallas (tremendous support for their first 18 years) and Florida (terrific support from the very beginning) gone, then have to suspend logic in order to get that point across.

The only thing that helped Nashville was a playoff series against a Canadian team (Vancouver), and Canadian national broadcasts that showed this incredibly loud arena. Even then, the jackasses on the broadcast couldn't resist taking their shots. But by the end of the series, a few people had changed their minds. A much greater number haven't, and probably never will. They live in some pathetic, sad little world where anyone who didn't see Bronco Horvath play doesn't deserve a team, damn it.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Here it is.

pac2.jpg

pac1.jpg

Click on the image to make it bigger.

*Edit*

The Dutch oven to the left of the kit did not come with it! Lol!

Last edited by Dr. Fire: 01-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
When's the last time the Reds sold Opening Day tickets for $10 for Club Seats or Infield Box seats? Or 2-for-1 Diamond Box seats?

I guess there's a misunderstanding here. Yes, it's good to have cheap seats. But they usually are in the "cheap seats". Such as the "Top 3 for $3" of old riverfront. The Huntington seats for $10 in upper level are great promotion. Even the last minute student tickets for $10/$25 are good. But when a major league team is selling some of its best seats for $10 to Opening Night or 2-for-1, that's not a good thing.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:01 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
You must not be a full PSL holder. I am not home so cannot send a photo, but we got a "Battle Kit" which contained a insulated water bottle, some type of blanket and the pin.
No Half Season PSL holder. Anyone want to sell me one of there "Opening Night" tickets that come in the kit?

Old
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
When's the last time the Reds sold Opening Day tickets for $10 for Club Seats or Infield Box seats? Or 2-for-1 Diamond Box seats?
To be fair the Jackets only did this because they are coming out of a lock out and want to make sure the Arena is full for a national broadcast. Had the season started on time there would have been no $10 opening night tickets, just the normal PSL January/February $10 sale.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
postalpez

Tickets went faster than I exspected for the opener, Looking for 2.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:13 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpez View Post
Over 300 on Stubhub, but the prices are not that great. http://www.stubhub.com/columbus-blue...ckets/4222836/

Old
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpez View Post
Wonder how many went to Wings fans?

Old
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Just got the season pass. I like the physical tickets better, but I guess I can get used to it. Much easier to always have card in wallet, than to remember tickets. Can't say I ever forgot tickets, but there is a first time for everything.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Here it is.

Attachment 60227

Attachment 60223

Click on the image to make it bigger.
At least it looks better then the $5 book bag from last year (or 2 years, cant recall)

Old
01-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Warning to anyone who has moved recently with a season ticket plan

I just found out that my season ticket package was delivered to my old address.

I closed on a house in October and updated all of my addresses at that time but my ticket card and info was still delivered to my old apartment today. I'm currently checking with my complex to see if they can get it for me from the new tenants or off the doorstep of the apartment if it hasn't been picked up yet.

If you moved in the last few months, this might have happened to you as well.

Closed Thread