Few moves we are looking to make at the Deadline/Heading into FA...
*1ST/2nd OVERALL- We are listening, but ONLY if a big asset is coming back. It won't be MacKinnon for 5 3rd line wingers. We are looking at somehing like:
-A trade down, preferably to stay in the top 3 (or top 5 if it's a significant offer)
-A top-line player+
-a young star player(possibly +)
-An elite prospect(probably +)
-2 or 3 very strong assets (aka young Top6F/Top4D with upside, mid-to-high 1st, young #1G, high-end prospect)
*Other high 2013 picks (#25, #29, #31)- Willing to move one for more young NHL help, or a 2014 1st/2014 1st+, or trade down for a high-2nd+
Steve Mason- Any decent offer will do. We are likely going with Bob/York next year, or FA/Bobrovsky would like to find him a place to play.
UFA rights- (Prospal, Letestu, Aucoin, McElhinney, Joudrey) VERY cheap to get. I'l likely only resign one or two
D prospect- Moore and Savard are staying, one of the others will be shipped out for a good asset or similar F prospect (Ruth, Goloubef, Weber, etc...)
Wiz- Great top-pairing D, but i'm rebuilding, and there are a pack of talented D-men who need ice time (Moore, Savard, Erixon, Ruth/Goloubef). Will move him if i get a quality player/pick or two back
Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8pm EDT is the goal. However, I have to go sign a lease on my new place after work, and then have a looooong commute back, so it may start a bit late. Hoping not, but no promises.
Sad to see Roberto go, he was a great player and teammate for this organization and handled this situation with complete class, but happy that I could send him to Florida where he wanted to be. Also pleased to gain a solid player in Marcel Goc who will solidify our 3rd line as well as a fairly high pick in a deep draft.
With that said the Canucks are now shopping both the 15th and 28th overall picks in an attempt to either move up in the draft or to acquire a good, young NHL'er, either a gritty top 6 LW or a puck moving top 4 d-man. Other assets such as Zack Kassian, Nicklas Jensen and Brendan Gaunce could be moved.
Bruins GM ECWHSWI a.k.a Jacobs wannabe was furious when he saw the newspaper frontpage we were close the day after his team got eliminated, his words were "close serie, that's the **** newspaper you're bringing me this moring Sheril ? YOU'RE FIRED!"
He then contacted all his slaves (asst.) to tell them to work the phones as some players will move far away from HIS town.
Bruins management would also like to remember our players that, if they're worried about their future and would like some clarification as to wether they're part of the future or not, our door is always open!
1) The draft will start at 9pm EDT. The draft lottery will start before that - since it's based on when I get home from the office, I can't say exactly when that will be. Traffic is a pain, and I have a long drive.
2) The first round will be live selection. Teams making their own selections will have 5 minutes to do so, so keep refreshing. After 5 minutes, you will be auto'd unless I see a time stamp on the post indicating you did it within your 5 minutes. No changes will be made. There are no exceptions, so keep refreshing as several teams can be auto'd in a very short amount of time.
3) If you plan to attend the draft and make your own selection, you must send me a PM.
4) If you do not plan on attending the draft but have a list, you must PM me the list.
5) Failing to do #3 or #4 will result in your pick being auto'd. No changes after the fact. No exceptions.
6) If you are negotiating a trade, please try to complete it before the draft. However, if you are negotiating during the draft, each team has a 5 minute timeout that must be PM'd to me. Total combined time of 10 minutes (i.e. if you call a timeout after 2 minutes, you have your 5 minutes, and then have 3 more minutes making 10 minutes.)
7) All picks will be auto'd from the list in the draft and trade thread. If you don't like it, send a list of your own.
8) The 2nd-4th rounds will be auto'd. I will be auto-selecting the 2nd round, and RR will be auto-selecting the 3rd-4th rounds.
9) There will be a 10 minute break between the 1st and 2nd round. Any breaks after that are at RR's sole discretion
Would like to move our two picks in the 1st(15th+28th) to either move up in the draft or for a youngish player that fits our roster(either a top 6 forward or top 4 puckmoving d-man). If you're interested, PM me please.
The Montreal Canadiens have traded forward Erik Cole and their 2013 first round pick to the Boston Bruins for forward Milan Lucic.
Of course, it was a steep price to pay but Lucic is a unique type of player and he will be a perfect fit on our team. We want to be a tough team to play against and with Lucic being big, talented and mean, our top 6 will look a lot better heading into next season. He will be part of our core for years to come.
Lucic was very surprised by the trade and had this to say : "Well, I can still hate and destroy the Leafs."