HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Introduce Yourself

Old
12-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Hey, I don't do that!
Well, it's too late now.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:04 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
Pretty much...

No RGMG = no fantasy hockey for me basically.
Hoping I can find a fantasy game similar to RGMG here on HF so I can ditch CDC altogether.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Kesler is Bestler

vCash: 50
whats RGMG?

Kesler is Bestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:24 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler View Post
whats RGMG?
Just the abbreviation for the fantasy game we have/had on CDC.

Old
01-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersy View Post
Hi, I'm Jersy.

Welder from Langley, B. C.

Migrated to Lethbridge, AB.

Eat

Sleep

Breathe

Canucks
that's awesome!

Ummm... I'm 18, live in Langley BC and am currently attending SFU. I'm more of a lacrosse player (field and box) than a hockey one (inter-A lacrosse vs house hockey) but I have been a hockey fan, specifically a Canucks fan, as long as I can remember. I've been on here for a while, but im too lazy to look it up (i think summer of 2011) although am just introducing myself now *well then, i guess i lurked much more than poted because i distinctly remember being on HF at that time but only got around to making my account in febuary lol *. Still trying to think of a better username, but I seem to be an expert at the art of procrastination

With both my parents being big Canuck fans, I doubt being named Linden was a coincident, so it all started then I guess

Unrelated, but my favorite current player is Edler, and mt favorite all time is Trevor Linden

Last edited by Linden: 01-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Astoria
And so, it ends...

vCash: 500
Hello from Colorado!

As you can probably deduce from those seven red letters above, my name is Astoria. I call home Castle Rock, CO (Denver 'burb). I've been a Canucks fan for as long as I can remember. All-time favourite Canuck has gotta be Trevor Linden, followed closely by Kesler (which, for some reason, I get a lot of flak for from my co-workers.) Meh, if only they knew what I put into those Red Velvet cupcakes they like so much! I kid I kid!

Hmmmm, let's see...what else....

I've recently gone back to school to finish my degree in Accounting... And oh what fun it is. I'm a big fan of cheesecake, Dirty Martini's, skiing (the Bunny Hill fears me) and, like 95% of the female population... shopping. I'm hoping (key word here is "hoping") to move to BC in the next few years although that venture is proving to be a bit more difficult than once thought.

OK, that's it... Thanks for reading and here's to an amazing Canucks season!

Last edited by Astoria: 01-09-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Grammar
Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Hello from Colorado!

As you can probably deduce from those seven red letters above, my name is Astoria. I call home Castle Rock, CO (Denver 'burb). I've been a Canucks fan for as long as I can remember. All-time favourite Canuck has gotta be Trevor Linden, followed closely by Kesler (which, for some reason, I get a lot of flak for from my co-workers.) Meh, if only they knew what I put into those Red Velvet cupcakes they like so much! I kid I kid!

Hmmmm, let's see...what else....

I've recently gone back to school to finish my degree in Accounting... And oh what fun it is. I'm a big fan of cheesecake, Dirty Martini's, skiing (the Bunny Hill fears me) and, like 95% of the female population... shopping. I'm hoping (key word here is "hoping") to move to BC in the next few years although that venture is proving to be a bit more difficult than once thought.

OK, that's it... Thanks for reading and here's to an amazing Canucks season!
That's really cool. I always find it fascinating when people outside of BC become Canuck fans. Do you have any connections in BC or did you just pick a team out of the blue?

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Astoria
And so, it ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towel-Power View Post
That's really cool. I always find it fascinating when people outside of BC become Canuck fans. Do you have any connections in BC or did you just pick a team out of the blue?
Nope, no BC relations...

I grew up watching minor league hockey, closest NHL team I think was the Blues.. So basically I didn't have any "allegiance" to an NHL team and honestly didn't pay much attention to the NHL. Then one day I decided to see what NHL hockey was all about so I watched the Canucks/Rangers playoff series and pretty much fell in love with both the NHL and the Canucks. Needless to say, the level of play was far superior to what I had grown up with and Linden, Ronning, Courtnall.... Well, what can I say!? That team pretty much sealed the deal for me embracing the Canucks.... and I've been a Canucks fan ever since...which, at times, can be a hazardous prospect here in Denver. ; )

Old
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
HockeyMedic71

Hi All .I'm HockeyMedic. Vancouver Boy Born and raised. and have been a Canucks fan since i was born. I have watched all 3 Stanley Cup runs, and have been caught up in BOTH Finals Riots in our City, Once as a Fan trying to leave the area , the last one i was working Downtown ( I'm a Paramedic).

HockeyMedic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMedic71 View Post
Hi All .I'm HockeyMedic. Vancouver Boy Born and raised. and have been a Canucks fan since i was born. I have watched all 3 Stanley Cup runs, and have been caught up in BOTH Finals Riots in our City, Once as a Fan trying to leave the area , the last one i was working Downtown ( I'm a Paramedic).

Welcome to HF!

Old
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Welcome to HF!
RGMG's back, better go make your picks soon

Nathan MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:11 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan MacKinnon View Post
RGMG's back, better go make your picks soon
I'm in no rush to go back to CDC right now. My team is pretty much drafted anyways.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Steve Bennett*

Hey all, Canucks fan for 19 years or so, like the Burr, still recoverin from Rruuttuu leaving a few years ago, think the team needs to get Bert Robertsson and Stojanov back... maybe Malkoc and Cicconne too.. oooo those were rough years being a Canucks fan...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:12 PM
cheesyjon
Canuck

Jon

I'm a Vancouver fan because they were in the first game I ever watched on TV, when the queen was in Vancouver dropping the puck. I didn't really know anything about the teams then, and I was younger, like 6ish, so I judged the players by appearance, and the two captains that came for the puck drop were Markus Naslund and Mike Ricci. So I chose Naslund, lol. But anyway, since then it's been pretty disappointing, but the team is constantly improving... well... lost our second line, but we will win it all soon. Maybe not this year, but hey, last half-lockout favoured the Canucks, so this year could, too.

Killer Whale 'Em All

cheesyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Hey all, Canucks fan for 19 years or so, like the Burr, still recoverin from Rruuttuu leaving a few years ago, think the team needs to get Bert Robertsson and Stojanov back... maybe Malkoc and Cicconne too.. oooo those were rough years being a Canucks fan...

Dean Malkoc.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:25 AM
freakydallas13

Longtime HF'er, actually a lifetime Flyers Fan. Decided to post this here because I couldn't find a more relevant thread.

I was thinking of going to a sports bar for Saturday, taking in a whole days worth of games. I figured there would be a good chance they show the flyers game seeing as its at noon our time.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions as to what some good sports bars would be to check out the day's action. I live in Burnaby, but can travel anywhere public transit takes me (Im very close to Patterson station).

So, any suggestions?

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Alflives

Hockey career: '60s/'70s - Retired early '70s
Not a Canucks' fanatic, but a fan. (Leafs' were my team)
Tend to be a bit aggessive and overly competitive
Enjoy competitive discussion
Understand successful hockey is hard-nosed
Believe to win a cup requires internal toughness
Have a lot of respect for NHL players, especially ones that controll the puck, take hits to make plays, and stand up for their teammates.

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Hockey career: '60s/'70s - Retired early '70s
Not a Canucks' fanatic, but a fan. (Leafs' were my team)
Tend to be a bit aggessive and overly competitive
Enjoy competitive discussion
Understand successful hockey is hard-nosed
Believe to win a cup requires internal toughness
Have a lot of respect for NHL players, especially ones that controll the puck, take hits to make plays, and stand up for their teammates.
...must be rough to be a Leaf fan.

Welcome.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
croatNUCKS

Hy all...I am from Zagreb.I very much like hockey but I prefer waterpolo,football and handball because this are national sports in Croatia..

Vancouver Canucks are my favorite team in the NHL. I have no problem with waking at 4 am to watch live game

croatNUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Canadian Gold X3
Linden Era!

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatNUCKS View Post
Hy all...I am from Zagreb.I very much like hockey but I prefer waterpolo,football and handball because this are national sports in Croatia..

Vancouver Canucks are my favorite team in the NHL. I have no problem with waking at 4 am to watch live game

What made you a Canucks fan, friend?

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
croatNUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natureboy1235 View Post
What made you a Canucks fan, friend?
The Russian Rocket....one of my favorite players

so I started to follow the Canucks...It was love at first sight

croatNUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Been around since the first forum day of Canucks.com as well as hfboards for about 7-8 years. Took a few years off.

Lifelong Canucks fan since 1990; lockout hurt a bit to be honest but I'm slowly getting back into the groove.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:45 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Nope, no BC relations...

I grew up watching minor league hockey, closest NHL team I think was the Blues.. So basically I didn't have any "allegiance" to an NHL team and honestly didn't pay much attention to the NHL. Then one day I decided to see what NHL hockey was all about so I watched the Canucks/Rangers playoff series and pretty much fell in love with both the NHL and the Canucks. Needless to say, the level of play was far superior to what I had grown up with and Linden, Ronning, Courtnall.... Well, what can I say!? That team pretty much sealed the deal for me embracing the Canucks.... and I've been a Canucks fan ever since...which, at times, can be a hazardous prospect here in Denver. ; )
Still one of the all time great serries. I remember lots like it was yesterday, summer of 94, oddly enough I was playing Baseball Playoffs then, and remember racing home to watch the game. I also remember going to a friends house because they had one of those old school giant TV's ones that are 9 thousand pounds. It was great.

Oh and Welcome.

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Still one of the all time great serries. I remember lots like it was yesterday, summer of 94, oddly enough I was playing Baseball Playoffs then, and remember racing home to watch the game. I also remember going to a friends house because they had one of those old school giant TV's ones that are 9 thousand pounds. It was great.

Oh and Welcome.
Whose the lady in your avatar?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Astoria
And so, it ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post

Oh and Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome! My parents still have one of those gigantic TV's in the basement sports room....probably still hooked up to the VCR.