HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Game Center Live

Old
01-15-2013, 02:40 AM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

vCash: 500
Just got home Bonk and looked a bit further into it for you. That site does have 4G dongles, didn't really look into price though. Speeds claimed are up to 30Mbs down and 6Mbs up. half that would be more than sufficient for Gamecenter as that is what I have roughly. Also had a look at the coverage map and there is spotty coverage in Bogor, obviously check to make sure it covers exactly where you are though

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:03 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbane sens fan View Post
Just got home Bonk and looked a bit further into it for you. That site does have 4G dongles, didn't really look into price though. Speeds claimed are up to 30Mbs down and 6Mbs up. half that would be more than sufficient for Gamecenter as that is what I have roughly. Also had a look at the coverage map and there is spotty coverage in Bogor, obviously check to make sure it covers exactly where you are though
Yeah, Bogor's only like an hour from Jakarta, but technologically it's at least half a decade behind in most areas, and even further behind in others.

I'm definitely keeping my eye on 4g, though. It's been in the back of my mind for a while, I just need to wait until the coverage catches up to where I am.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:26 AM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

Did you check the coverage map in the link? There were about 10-15 pockets of coverage in and around Bogor on it.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:46 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Did you check the coverage map in the link? There were about 10-15 pockets of coverage in and around Bogor on it.
Yeah, I checked. I'm not in them.

Which is weird, because I live in "the Gleebe" of Bogor. You'd think the historic colonial hub of the city would be first to get those things.

(by the way: a middle-class North American salary goes a LONG way in Indonesia, especially when you don't live in Jakarta, haha)

Anyways, I know they're planning on expanding them in the next year... which, knowing how quick things get done around here, means I'm at least two years away from the upgrade )

Old
01-15-2013, 08:02 AM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

Bummer. You would think that the colonial area would of been one of the first but what can you do. Just have to keep tabs on it and maybe you get it sooner rather than later.

Admittedly I've only been to Bali and surrounding islands but the Aussie dollar goes a long way there. I'd imagine things are even cheaper where you are as well. I've often wondered what the rest of Indo is like

Old
01-15-2013, 08:25 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Bummer. You would think that the colonial area would of been one of the first but what can you do. Just have to keep tabs on it and maybe you get it sooner rather than later.

Admittedly I've only been to Bali and surrounding islands but the Aussie dollar goes a long way there. I'd imagine things are even cheaper where you are as well. I've often wondered what the rest of Indo is like
Yeah, Bali is NOTHING like the rest of Indo. I spent a week in Denpasar/Ubud/Kuta, and it felt like I was in Sydney, there were so many Aussies! Everything is way cheaper in Bogor, mostly because the Balinese locals have figured out that Bule's have money and will pay more for things.

I just spent a week in Yogyakarta, and MAN, that was great. The cultural center of Java, and cheap as hell. I bought a couple of sarongs that in Jakarta would have cost me about $50 each, but in Yogya they were about $4 each. We ate like KINGS every night, and I don;t think we ever paid more than about $4 per plate... and these were the high-end places. Even the warung food was edible and delicious in Yogya. People there were awesome, and Borobudur is one of the most awe-inspiring places you will ever go if you get the chance. Just as impresive as seeing the pyramids in Egypt, IMO. There's something like 10,000 sq/ft of bas relief... it's incredible.
I really recommend it, if you ever actually want to experience proper Indonesia.

Thanks for taking the time to look into 4G, though! Stay good, my man!

Old
01-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Yashin

Where I am my local channels that are blacked out are LEAFS TV and SNET-O. Just to clarify, I won't be able to watch Sens games on those two channels, as well as CBC games and TSN games? How many games would be blacked out then?

Yashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Caeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin View Post
Where I am my local channels that are blacked out are LEAFS TV and SNET-O. Just to clarify, I won't be able to watch Sens games on those two channels, as well as CBC games and TSN games? How many games would be blacked out then?
The only Sens games that would show up on SNET-O would be Leafs vs Sens and every game that we play against Toronto is already either on CBC or TSN.

So you should get 33 games assuming you get SNET-E, plus 1 for SNET-Sens.

Then the 8 games on CBC (3 afternoons -- so I'd expect broadcast national, 4 against Toronto so the HNIC game, and then last one against Philly is likely to be regional only because it's up against MON/TOR), and 6 games on TSN (4 of them are Wednesday night games, so high likelihood of being the broadcast game).

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Yashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
The only Sens games that would show up on SNET-O would be Leafs vs Sens and every game that we play against Toronto is already either on CBC or TSN.

So you should get 33 games assuming you get SNET-E, plus 1 for SNET-Sens.

Then the 8 games on CBC (3 afternoons -- so I'd expect broadcast national, 4 against Toronto so the HNIC game, and then last one against Philly is likely to be regional only because it's up against MON/TOR), and 6 games on TSN (4 of them are Wednesday night games, so high likelihood of being the broadcast game).
I heard CBC is releasing an xbox app for HNIC so I should be ok for those, so it just looks like I won't be able to watch the TSN games. I'm in class until 9:30 Wednesday nights anyways so this works out. Thanks

Yashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Caeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin View Post
I heard CBC is releasing an xbox app for HNIC so I should be ok for those, so it just looks like I won't be able to watch the TSN games. I'm in class until 9:30 Wednesday nights anyways so this works out. Thanks
TSN has traditionally streamed Wednesday night hockey if I remember right. So might still be an option there. Or if you have Bell/Virgin Mobile TV -- TSN is an included channel on that. So for your 10 hours a month -- could use that (other than the fact that there's three games early March on TSN).

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote