HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Training Camp 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Habs Training Camp 2.0

continue here

Old
01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Lets hope we don't need him to fight in Philly !!!

There's clearly a difference in a hockey fight between 5'8 vs 6'3. Hockey fights rely a lot on reach, so there was no chance he was winning that one. Just like Chara kicks everybody's ass, he's not that great of a fighter.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
There's clearly a difference in a hockey fight between 5'8 vs 6'3. Hockey fights rely a lot on reach, so there was no chance he was winning that one. Just like Chara kicks everybody's ass, he's not that great of a fighter.
At least Bouillon won't shy away if one of his teammates is in trouble.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
overlords
Hfboards

I'm not the biggest fan of the Bouillon signing, but one thing is for sure, he has balls of steel.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Your point is valid for size advantage... not so much for chara, he is one vicious, fighter and can kill you with his power... remember ratis ivainas? what i mean its not just reach when we talk about Chara he is complete player and fighter.. Just like Domi could handle anyone and he was a midget.. those are exceptions.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Your point is valid for size advantage... not so much for chara, he is one vicious, fighter and can kill you with his power... remember ratis ivainas? what i mean its not just reach when we talk about Chara he is complete player amd fighter.. Just like Domi could handle anyone amd he was a midget.. those are exceptions.
Raitis Ivanans? You mean when he fought chara, chara pulled him down like he does any other fighter who has a chance against him, and then popped him when the refs had already tied up his arms? Sure, the power is there. But that doesn't show that he's a great fighter. Chara has awful balance.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:19 PM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of the Bouillon signing, but one thing is for sure, he has balls of steel.
Thats why i always liked Frankie, he stands for he`s team mates. True warrior, excatly what we need.

Old
Teufelsdreck

Give Bouillon credit for courage but he's not someone I want to see playing for the Habs. His shortcomings (pun intended) shouldn't be overlooked. I can't understand why Bergevin signed him.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Some people here don't "get it". Fighting in hockey is more about standing up for teammates than how many fights you win or lose. Laraque was a great fighter and feared when he was here but he was a terrible "enforcer" because our players could get run and he was too worried about his "code" to do anything.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
On RDS :

Gally trains on the PP unit.

So is Bouillion.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
On RDS :

So is Bouillion.
I'm chalking that up to subban not being at camp yet.

but yeah..

Old
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
On RDS :

So is Bouillion.
Quote:
I'm chalking that up to subban not being at camp yet.

but yeah..
Oh my... If I am Meehan, I am using this in my negotiations. Cube misses the net way too often to be used on the PP

Old
01-15-2013, 02:25 PM
3hirty6ix

Videos of shootout practice from today are up on http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...193079&lang=en

Old
01-15-2013, 02:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hirty6ix View Post
Videos of shootout practice from today are up on http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...193079&lang=en
Love commodore's celly. I loved him in Zero Dark Thirty.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Love commodore's celly. I loved him in Zero Dark Thirty.
I would love him in Hamilton where he belongs.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Some people here don't "get it". Fighting in hockey is more about standing up for teammates than how many fights you win or lose. Laraque was a great fighter and feared when he was here but he was a terrible "enforcer" because our players could get run and he was too worried about his "code" to do anything.
Besides that at least at forward we don't really have anyone who can easily be pushed around anymore. Galchenyuk, if he makes it, probably won't be physically ready to bang around and shouldn't be anyway, Plekanec isn't physical but he knows how to play dirty when someone messes with him, Desharnais can get manhandled but doesn't get intimidated.

The blueline is another story but at least at forward we don't have anyone I'd consider soft. Then again Gomez and Cammalleri used to not be considered soft either and by last year both were charmin soft.

Boullion is fine for what he is..he can still be valuable in a limited role, he doesn't give up..not the ideal choice when our only true stay at home defender besides him is Gorges, but better than nothing.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:38 PM
shamrun

Quote:
On RDS :

So is Bouillion.
What about webber/Diaz....I thought they were the right handed option after subban. i guess it's just time to try different scenarios.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
What about webber/Diaz....I thought they were the right handed option after subban. i guess it's just time to try different scenarios.
I wonder if Subban were signed right now, if Weber would have been traded already.

Last edited by overlords: 01-15-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Maverik

I just watched the whole Cole interview on TSN.ca and it sucks. He doesn't enjoy his professionnal hockey player life. It's clear as day that he does it, because he's good at it and gets paid good money. Given the choice, he'd be a stay at home dad. Which don't get me wrong is all fine, but he kind of got me thinking that he will have a tough time focusing on the season when he kept listing the benefits of being a stay at home dad. He almost teared up at the idea of not being able to do so anymore

Old
01-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
I just watched the whole Cole interview on TSN.ca and it sucks. He doesn't enjoy his professionnal hockey player life. It's clear as day that he does it, because he's good at it and gets paid good money. Given the choice, he'd be a stay at home dad. Which don't get me wrong is all fine, but he kind of got me thinking that he will have a tough time focusing on the season when he kept listing the benefits of being a stay at home dad. He almost teared up at the idea of not being able to do so anymore
I find this interesting. I am not a professional hockey player but as a father of 2 I feel exactly the same way about my job. Doesn't stop you from doing a good job though. Maybe it explained why he had that bad year in Edmonton though.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
I have faith he could give us another good year...after that it might be a blessing in disguise if he retires. And if he burned out so be it, but I don't think he will completely dog it..I might have lost respect for him during the lockout but I think he does care about his teammates.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
I wonder if Subban were signed right now, if Weber would not have been traded already.
I'm sure Bergevin would be shopping him around, we have too many offensive D. Depth is good, but having a big chunk of it in a very specific role isn't.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I find this interesting. I am not a professional hockey player but as a father of 2 I feel exactly the same way about my job. Doesn't stop you from doing a good job though. Maybe it explained why he had that bad year in Edmonton though.
Well, my focus is not 100% on the job for sure. Which is normal for any human beings. It just seemed to affect him more than the usual profesionnal athlete.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
DaAnimal

Kings/Habs fan here.

What is your predicted opening night lineup?

My assumption:

Cole - Plek - Paci
Gionta - Desharnais - Bourque
??? - Galchenyuk - Prust
Armostrong - Eller?? - Moen

PP #1
Galchenyuk - Plek - Paci
Cole - PK

Old
01-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Kings/Habs fan here.

What is your predicted opening night lineup?

My assumption:

Cole - Plek - Paci
Gionta - Desharnais - Bourque
??? - Galchenyuk - Prust
Armostrong - Eller?? - Moen

PP #1
Galchenyuk - Plek - Paci
Cole - PK
Tough to say as Galchenyuk is the big wildcard right now, but I'll guess:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Armstrong
Moen - Nokelainen - Prust

If Gally's not there, move Bourque up, Moen up, and put White in.

Closed Thread