HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Yossarian54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
would've should've couldnt. I would be happy if the bought out that bear hunting no hockey IQ surfer boy. terrible fit for this team.
It amuses me that before the Booth trade, all we wanted was someone 200lb+ who would drive to the ****ing net. Booth played well for us in stretches last year, especially before he copped the knee-on-knee. I hope this injury is not serious.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:41 PM
ProstheticConscience
Das ist mein Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
It amuses me that before the Booth trade, all we wanted was someone 200lb+ who would drive to the ****ing net. Booth played well for us in stretches last year, especially before he copped the knee-on-knee. I hope this injury is not serious.
^^^This. It's really comical sometimes. The strategic guys who thread passes from the outside are ******* for not going to the net, the guys who actually go to the net are selfish idiots with no hockey IQ and can't use their teammates.

Also, I hate the phrase "groin strain".

Old
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
^^^This. It's really comical sometimes. The strategic guys who thread passes from the outside are ******* for not going to the net, the guys who actually go to the net are selfish idiots with no hockey IQ and can't use their teammates.

All of a sudden the guy who drives to the net with speed is the guy with no hands and no hockey sense. The entire fanbase is crying for a playmaker instead. Watch Gillis go out and get Hemsky and the entire fanbase to start crying that the team has no one who will drive to the net and just shoot the damn puck rather than overthinking every play.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:18 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
All of a sudden the guy who drives to the net with speed is the guy with no hands and no hockey sense. The entire fanbase is crying for a playmaker instead. Watch Gillis go out and get Hemsky and the entire fanbase to start crying that the team has no one who will drive to the net and just shoot the damn puck rather than overthinking every play.
why can't we just trade for Crosby damnit

Old
01-15-2013, 12:33 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
People are spoiled. Not all top 6 forwards are Art Ross winners. Booth is a fine 2nd line winger, give the guy a full season here before you start dumping on him.
no kidding. Canucks have among the best forward cores in the league. Remember when we have decent secondary scoring but NO primary?!?!

Old
01-15-2013, 07:07 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Haha this.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Haha this.
I'll second the "this."

Old
01-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I'll second the "this."
Completely. I for one am stoked for our second line once we fill in the last spot. Basically fill in Kesler, Booth with anyone else that equals their ability and they'll give other teams a lot of trouble. Booth, Kesler, Burrows even.

Has anyone provided any sort of time-line for Kesler ?

I know Gillis kinda doesn't until a player is super close, but ..

Old
01-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Shoeless Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
Completely. I for one am stoked for our second line once we fill in the last spot. Basically fill in Kesler, Booth with anyone else that equals their ability and they'll give other teams a lot of trouble. Booth, Kesler, Burrows even.

Has anyone provided any sort of time-line for Kesler ?

I know Gillis kinda doesn't until a player is super close, but ..
Kesler will be out until at least mid february I think. I think he said yesterday that he would be out at least three weeks once the season starts. Which means that Kesler won't be playing up to decent standards until early march, and he may never be the same as the 2010-2011 season. This would be devastating because I think that the Canucks do not have a good enough second line centre, we have too many grinder kind of guys.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Joe View Post
Kesler will be out until at least mid february I think. I think he said yesterday that he would be out at least three weeks once the season starts. Which means that Kesler won't be playing up to decent standards until early march, and he may never be the same as the 2010-2011 season. This would be devastating because I think that the Canucks do not have a good enough second line centre, we have too many grinder kind of guys.
We do not have another 2nd line center near kesler level, but kesler is also arguably one of the best 2nd line centers in the league, any team would hurt without him. He would likely be first line center on some teams.

I think all he needs to do is pick his spots better. He plays hard and I am not sure if his body is able to withstand that style throughout an 82 game season. I am not saying he should be lazy, but i think he needs to evaluate his play and save some of that physical play for post season and pick his spots during the regular season.

I also think thats why gillis wanted him to tone down his chirping and diving, players on other teams were trying to line him up. We desperately need him healthy.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:21 AM
B-rock

I'd be in favour of just throwing this season out the window and grabbing a good 1st rounder this year. Kesler is on the shelf for the first month or so, and won't be up to standard for the whole shortened season.

The Canucks usually don't start playing good hockey until the second month of the season. By that time this year, they could be out of it. They'll probably sustain more injuries playing guys harder to try to get into playoff position. This season just feels like a write-off in my mind. Might as well get a good draft pick to compensate for it. Come back next year after an extended summer and be ready to go for a real season.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
I'd be in favour of just throwing this season out the window and grabbing a good 1st rounder this year. Kesler is on the shelf for the first month or so, and won't be up to standard for the whole shortened season.

The Canucks usually don't start playing good hockey until the second month of the season. By that time this year, they could be out of it. They'll probably sustain more injuries playing guys harder to try to get into playoff position. This season just feels like a write-off in my mind. Might as well get a good draft pick to compensate for it. Come back next year after an extended summer and be ready to go for a real season.
Totally disagree.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Stonz

Quote:

Our window to compete for a cup is quickly narrowing, and we've just been party to a lockout that has fostered equal parts apathy and anger in our fan base. So let's tank this season for a better draft pick that may help us in 3 years when the Sedins are in the verge of retirement, if they haven't already. Yup, that'll make the fans happy.

Solid plan.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:25 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonz View Post
Our window to compete for a cup is quickly narrowing, and we've just been party to a lockout that has fostered equal parts apathy and anger in our fan base. So let's tank this season for a better draft pick that may help us in 3 years when the Sedins are in the verge of retirement, if they haven't already. Yup, that'll make the fans happy.

Solid plan.

I don't see them doing anything this season. As I mentioned, Kesler's out, Booth's going for an MRI already, Hamhuis is already banged up. They're going to be decimated before the first month is even played.

It's not happening this year.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.

Quote:

Stop Winnin' for Mackinnon?

Old
01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natureboy1235 View Post
Stop Winnin' for Mackinnon?
Leth than our Betht for Seth?

Old
01-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Leth than our Betht for Seth?
Losin' for Drouin?

Old
01-15-2013, 02:10 PM
roach9

Boned for Jone(s)?

No? ... I'll just...
*leaves*

Old
01-15-2013, 03:31 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:

By that logic, this is the season to go for it... to load up at the deadline and move futures and picks for players that can help us compete for the Cup now.

As you say, they are usually slow to start... but then we see the Canucks always go on a big run - the last 2 seasons have led the team to the President's win on the back of that big 2nd half run.

So if we're going by the same timelines, then the Canucks should be playing their peak hockey during the playoffs - after the 48 game mark. Even if they just make it into the playoffs given a weak start to the shortened season, they'll then be firing on all cyclinders when it counts... and by the time the cycle leads to their usual downward spiral, the season and playoffs will be done.

So then, this is the year, right? If we're basing it on their usual trends of slow start, peaking during mid season to late season and then heading downwards in the playoffs, a shortened season should play into their favour. This team does seem to play their best hockey between the 50-55 and 70-80 game mark... which for this season will be playoff time.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Crows*

No news on booth..... Bad IMO

Old
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
By that logic, this is the season to go for it... to load up at the deadline and move futures and picks for players that can help us compete for the Cup now.

As you say, they are usually slow to start... but then we see the Canucks always go on a big run - the last 2 seasons have led the team to the President's win on the back of that big 2nd half run.

So if we're going by the same timelines, then the Canucks should be playing their peak hockey during the playoffs - after the 48 game mark. Even if they just make it into the playoffs given a weak start to the shortened season, they'll then be firing on all cyclinders when it counts... and by the time the cycle leads to their usual downward spiral, the season and playoffs will be done.

So then, this is the year, right? If we're basing it on their usual trends of slow start, peaking during mid season to late season and then heading downwards in the playoffs, a shortened season should play into their favour. This team does seem to play their best hockey between the 50-55 and 70-80 game mark... which for this season will be playoff time.
Very good point. This can't be stated enough, I don't think. It may well be the best season to go for it.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:09 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
Booth has a strained groin and will be out 4-6 weeks. #canucks

Old
01-15-2013, 04:10 PM
roach9

Old
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canuck View Post
FFS. Was he out hunting when this happened?

Old
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canuck View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Closed Thread