HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (1/13-1/18)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 03:05 PM
  #276
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee72 View Post
Did I see somewhere that Center Ice is free for the first week? Hopefully I will be able to watch the first 3 games for free...The Detroit game is a given as all 48 of them are televised
free until January 31. They typically always doe a free preview for the 1st week of the season every year.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:09 PM
  #277
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee72 View Post
Did I see somewhere that Center Ice is free for the first week? Hopefully I will be able to watch the first 3 games for free...The Detroit game is a given as all 48 of them are televised
Yes I have seen that too- although last season I couldn't get the free games down in here in Texas. Game 2 Detroit-Jackets are on national tv- NBCSports.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
  #278
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
From Puckrakers on day 3 http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...mp.-day-3.html


"The Blue Jackets spent the first two days of a truncated training camp emphasizing the importance of plugging the leaks of a defense that allowed a gaudy 3.13 goals per game last season."

Food for thought:

So today they had an intra-squad scrimmage.

No one scored. Neither Bob nor Mase were challenged much.

So is the defense cured or does the offense still suck ? Half full or half empty? Inquiring minds can't wait to find out.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
  #279
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
From Puckrakers on day 3 http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...mp.-day-3.html


"The Blue Jackets spent the first two days of a truncated training camp emphasizing the importance of plugging the leaks of a defense that allowed a gaudy 3.13 goals per game last season."

Food for thought:

So today they had an intra-squad scrimmage.

No one scored. Neither Bob nor Mase were challenged much.

So is the defense cured or does the offense still suck ? Half full or half empty? Inquiring minds can't wait to find out.
Who's knows. It was only a 15 minute scrimmage, so I don't think you can read to much into it.

__________________
@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:46 PM
  #280
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
This is my opinion as well.

And I have no problem with RJ on the "top" line if we truly have such a thing. I just can't agree that he is our best scorer. RJ brings alot to the party, but goal scoring isn't his forte imo. He is a very well rounded forward.
For someone for whom goal scoring "isn't his forte", he sure does seem to score a heck of a lot of them.


Here's a quick poll for folks. This is an unaltered photo of RJ Umberger:

How would you describe the sweater RJ is wearing in this photo? Pick one:
a) RJ Umberger is wearing a dark blue CBJ sweater, in a photo that wasn't lit very well.
b) That is CLEARLY a black sweater RJ is wearing. Therefore there clearly must be such a thing as an all-black CBJ sweater that we have simply never seen before.

I swear, at least half this board would pick (b) and be totally sincere.
(and a sizable portion of the remainder would pick (b) just to try to get my goat, but that's not the point )

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:52 PM
  #281
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 500
Looks blue to me.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:55 PM
  #282
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
For someone for whom goal scoring "isn't his forte", he sure does seem to score a heck of a lot of them.


Here's a quick poll for folks. This is an unaltered photo of RJ Umberger:

How would you describe the sweater RJ is wearing in this photo? Pick one:
a) RJ Umberger is wearing a dark blue CBJ sweater, in a photo that wasn't lit very well.
b) That is CLEARLY a black sweater RJ is wearing. Therefore there clearly must be such a thing as an all-black CBJ sweater that we have simply never seen before.

I swear, at least half this board would pick (b) and be totally sincere.
(and a sizable portion of the remainder would pick (b) just to try to get my goat, but that's not the point )
Yep. Any and all criticisms of Umberger are just half-ass attempts to troll you.

How'd you know?

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.

Last edited by Samkow: 01-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
  #283
Jonesey
KCCO
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 7,779
vCash: 500
So who's your game 1 starter in net?

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
  #284
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So who's your game 1 starter in net?

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
  #285
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So who's your game 1 starter in net?
It's got to be Bob. Mason is the poster boy for inconsistency.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:38 PM
  #286
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So who's your game 1 starter in net?
It's 50/50 but I would not at all be surprised if it's Mason just based on commits I have seen from camp.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
  #287
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So who's your game 1 starter in net?
The hot hand. If they're both cold, the 48 games will feel like 82.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
  #288
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,017
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
It's 50/50 but I would not at all be surprised if it's Mason just based on commits I have seen from camp.
That's pretty scary.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
  #289
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,057
vCash: 500
Here is Rob Mixers take on the goalies: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=12895

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
  #290
Seedtype
Registered User
 
Seedtype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio?!?!
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Why not both?

Seedtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
  #291
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedtype View Post
Why not both?
I guess if Mason starts, it's possible. So when does Mason get pulled and when does Bobrovsky make his Columbus debut?

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
  #292
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
I'm guessing Mason starts vs Nashville, possibly to give Bob a little bit more time to get over the Jet lag, then give the new goalie the opening night start to showcase him.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
  #293
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,081
vCash: 500
Hard to say who gets the first start. Mase might get it due to tenure. If whoever starts, wins in Nashville, look for him to keep the net at the home opener.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
  #294
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Mason hasn't played a game since last season. Bob has been playing in the K for several months. Why in the world would they want to start Mason? Bob should be the starter for at least 3-4 games if he's sharp, before they put in Mase. Mason shouldn't even be here much less be the starter, remember what Howson said " we are going in another direction in goal". Now they want to start him? Same old Jackets!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
  #295
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Mason hasn't played a game since last season. Bob has been playing in the K for several months. Why in the world would they want to start Mason? Bob should be the starter for at least 3-4 games if he's sharp, before they put in Mase. Mason shouldn't even be here much less be the starter, remember what Howson said " we are going in another direction in goal". Now they want to start him? Same old Jackets!
Hope you're right. We have two warm bodied goalies. That's about as much as we know right now.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:25 PM
  #296
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,057
vCash: 500
“@BlueJacketsNHL: ATTENTION #CBJ FANS: Important announcement! Tomorrow's practice begins at 10:30 a.m. at @NationwideArena & is now open to the public.”

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:49 PM
  #297
JackieMoon
Howson Apologist
 
JackieMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
I would really like the goalie situation in Columbus to be upgraded, however it's a pity that some people on here almost root for Mason to fail. Why the hatred? He's a kid that's done poorly at his job. You don't want to see him rebound or rise from the ashes? This is America, we're supposed to love an underdog.

JackieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM
  #298
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMoon View Post
I would really like the goalie situation in Columbus to be upgraded, however it's a pity that some people on here almost root for Mason to fail. Why the hatred? He's a kid that's done poorly at his job. You don't want to see him rebound or rise from the ashes? This is America, we're supposed to love an underdog.
We don't want Mason to fail. We want Bobrovsky to succeed at playing better and taking his job.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:12 PM
  #299
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
We don't want Mason to fail. We want Bobrovsky to succeed at playing better and taking his job.
You really should run for office. It's comments like these that make you an obvious choice to become one of our next leaders.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
  #300
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMoon View Post
I would really like the goalie situation in Columbus to be upgraded, however it's a pity that some people on here almost root for Mason to fail. Why the hatred? He's a kid that's done poorly at his job. You don't want to see him rebound or rise from the ashes? This is America, we're supposed to love an underdog.
No one wants Mason to fail! We've been wanting him to succeed ever since his rookie year, that's three years ago! How long do we wait? I'd love to see him go balls to the wall and win the Vezina! But let's be realistic, the kids been a head case! He really needs to play some games in the minors to get back on track, not the NHL, and especially not in a whacked out schedule like we have coming up!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.