HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
FFS. Was he out hunting when this happened?
Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
Apparently David Booth injured his groin doing the physicals during testing. #canucks

Old
01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
We're ****** heading into the season.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canuck View Post
Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
Apparently David Booth injured his groin doing the physicals during testing. #canucks
Gotta be kidding me. I wonder if he actually was skating 4-5 times per week like he said to AV. For how long? 3 minutes? Just too many holes. If he want to stay competiive, we're going to need both goalies standing on their heads and play as defensively as we can. Trading Lu for one good scorer would only fill in one spot when we're down 2 2nd liners. Booo.

We need Scott Gomez. The Chosen One.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Gotta be kidding me. I wonder if he actually was skating 4-5 times per week like he said to AV. For how long? 3 minutes?
He did mention he had time to do other things he enjoyed a lot more too.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:17 PM
MikeK

Unreal! and the hits just keep on coming

Old
01-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Sugarhigh

Man this season isnt looking good on paper... i sure hope guys like Raymond can up the offense

Old
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhigh View Post
Man this season isnt looking good on paper... i sure hope guys like Raymond can up the offense
Don't worry, Schneider will take the fall. It's the Vancouver way.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Don't worry, Schneider will take the fall. It's the Vancouver way.
HAHA No joke.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:29 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

I'm starting to stress out here. Kesler and Booth gone for as long as they are, are big blows especially since so many games are going to be played in a 4-6 week span. Our start to the season is going to dictate if we make the playoffs IMO.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:30 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I'm starting to stress out here. Kesler and Booth gone for as long as they are, are big blows especially since so many games are going to be played in a 4-6 week span. Our start to the season is going to dictate if we make the playoffs IMO.
For me, Lu and Schneider standing on their heads is the only way we can make it through this storm. If we trade Lu now, I think it means we're pretty much throwing away this season. Too many offensive holes right now even after we trade lu. Kesler has been off for so long that we have no idea how he will even play when he's healthy. I remember him saying before his 40 goal season how he had practiced shooting so many pucks that summer. Shooting doesn't come naturally to kes. He needs to practice it a lot. I sure hope he hasn't lost some of his shooting touch. Maybe trade Lu at the trade deadline if our players are healthy again? I guess it depends on what is coming back for lu too though. But then the excuses would be that the new players needed a training camp to fully mesh with the team. tough position to be in.

Now that I think about it, I think it would be better for the Canucks to hold on to Luongo until Kesler is back. We need to see how well Kesler can play. If he can't play as well as before, then we're going to need to assess that position. Maybe Weiss?

Last edited by luongo321: 01-15-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
For me, Lu and Schneider standing on their heads is the only way we can make it through this storm.
and the PP returns to elite status

Old
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhigh View Post
Don't even go there, sister.

"Hey, so.. Nicklas.. I know we said we were going to keep you in Sweden, but uh.. yeah.. something came up..."

Old
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

#canuckluck

So, our 2nd line might be Raymond-Schroeder-Higgins... FML

Old
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

Quote:
For me, Lu and Schneider standing on their heads is the only way we can make it through this storm. If we trade Lu now, I think it means we're pretty much throwing away this season. Too many offensive holes right now even after we trade lu. Kesler has been off for so long that we have no idea how he will even play when he's healthy. I remember him saying before his 40 goal season how he had practiced shooting so many pucks that summer. Shooting doesn't come naturally to kes. He needs to practice it a lot. I sure hope he hasn't lost some of his shooting touch. Maybe trade Lu after the deadline if our players are healthy again? I guess it depends on what is coming back for lu too though.

Now that I think about it, I think it would be better for the Canucks to hold on to Luongo until Kesler is back. We need to see how well Kesler can play. If he can't play as well as before, then we're going to need to assess that position. Maybe Weiss?
So you're saying dot trade Luongo for offensive help because t would be pointless at this point in time? If we can fill a spot to help us score more, we do it. I don't see why we'd hold off upgrading on Schroeder/Ebbett up front if we had the chance.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
So you're saying dot trade Luongo for offensive help because t would be pointless at this point in time? If we can fill a spot to help us score more, we do it. I don't see why we'd hold off upgrading on Schroeder/Ebbett up front if we had the chance.
Because shipping Luongo means Schneider + Lack as our tandem. Not exactly bad, but Schneids never carried a starter's load and Lack hasn't had NHL time. Unless we pick up a good veteran at the bargain bin but I'm not sure who would be available.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Because shipping Luongo means Schneider + Lack as our tandem. Not exactly bad, but Schneids never carried a starter's load and Lack hasn't had NHL time. Unless we pick up a good veteran at the bargain bin but I'm not sure who would be available.
Didn't lack just have surgery? Hasn't even his agent said that he isn't ready for the nhl this season?

Old
01-15-2013, 03:41 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Right now, whatever we do leaves holes somewhere on the roster. We're going to need a lot of puck luck and pray Raymond, Schroeder, Ebbett or whoever can step up. Also, pretty sure Lack isn't even an option to be a backup right now.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
tantalum

I'm not as concerned with losing a winger. I do feel that the likes of Higgins, Raymond, Kassian and Hansen can fill in well enough.

However, now it really hurts not having a proven second line center.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
And people wonder why we want forwards in trades for Luongo/Schneider? Good god.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:15 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Gotta be kidding me. I wonder if he actually was skating 4-5 times per week like he said to AV. For how long? 3 minutes? Just too many holes. If he want to stay competiive, we're going to need both goalies standing on their heads and play as defensively as we can. Trading Lu for one good scorer would only fill in one spot when we're down 2 2nd liners. Booo.

We need Scott Gomez. The Chosen One.
Apparently AV said he might have overtrained, so I doubt that's the case.

Brad Ziemer Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer

AV says fitness, or lack thereof, was not an issue with Booth. Says Booth may have over-trained. #Canucks

Old
01-15-2013, 04:19 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Apparently AV said he might have overtrained, so I doubt that's the case.

Brad Ziemer Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer

AV says fitness, or lack thereof, was not an issue with Booth. Says Booth may have over-trained. #Canucks
fml. take it easy there booth.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Tiranis

Everyone knew from his Florida days that Booth was a fitness freak. They had to tell him to tone it down when he got to Vancouver last season. This lockout was bad because the team had no control over what he did and he probably went overboard again.

The speculation that he lied about his fitness or skating is just... He's probably in best condition of all our guys.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:22 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

Quote:
fml. take it easy there booth.
Haha you act like he barely skated for that long, now he should time it down. Just thought that was funny.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Haha you act like he barely skated for that long, now he should time it down. Just thought that was funny.
me too. I thought i remember thinking that booth was a fitness nut when he came hear and they said that was part of the reason why he wasn't doing well during games because he was expending too much energy during training/weight lifting.

I just felt like ripping on him because I'm a schmuck.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Fan590 in Toronto gave me a wtf moment. In their news roundup they said something along the lines of:
"The NHL and NHLPA have agreed to allow amnesty buyouts this year for players earning more than 3M, but it has to be done before Saturday, and David Booth is gone from Vancouver...for 4-6 weeks with a groin injury sustained during his physical."

Seriously, the "...", that's where the pause was. Blew my mind for a second.

Closed Thread