HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Bernier has very little value right now.
You would be wrong

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Bernier has very little value right now. Sure he has a lot of upside, but that upside isn't taking him anywhere if he's only playing 15 games a season behind Quick. The Kings can't trade him now because they just won't get anything back for him. They need to keep Bernier for the season, give him 25-30 starts and prove he's worth something in the NHL, and then trade him to someone who's looking.
25 to 30 Starts in a 48 game season ? That's like a pipe dream.

He started 15 games last year.....

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:29 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
Spangler cup should be taken with a grain of salt. Players dont really care about it, much like the world championship. 2nd + B-level prospect seems in the ballpark, but i wont be surprised if he goes for more.
If players don't care about the Spengler Cup, why are they there?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
daveleaf

I think he is worth easily more than three 1st's and more. Oh God. He is the next coming of Glen Hall, Jacque Plante, Patrick Roy and Marty Brodeur all wrapped in one. I think whatever LA asks teams should just give it to them.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
candyman82

I don't see much point in the Jackets trading for him right now. Maybe next summer if Mason and Bobrovsky show nothing this year

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM
oilers4life5

Do kings need a goalie in return? What would kings need from Oilers.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I don't see much point in the Jackets trading for him right now. Maybe next summer if Mason and Bobrovsky show nothing this year
Even in that case, I'd prefer we go out and sign some experienced UFA.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonova33 View Post
With the Kings having a number 1 goaltender in Quick, and Bernier seeming to be a capable goalie, could you see him going to someone like the Leafs, Oilers, Lightning, or the Blue Jackets?

I could see him going for a 1st rounder, maybe even a 1st and a 2nd in a future draft.

Something similar in value to the Varlamov trade.
Sabres would be seriously interested in him if this season they dont make the playoffs and trade/buyout Miller.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
I think he is worth easily more than three 1st's and more. Oh God. He is the next coming of Glen Hall, Jacque Plante, Patrick Roy and Marty Brodeur all wrapped in one. I think whatever LA asks teams should just give it to them.
You didn't really need to go there

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
jameswrjobe53

vCash: 492
Im assuming they would need a backup in return unless they intend to sign Mannino

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:03 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Mid First + established borderline 2nd line winger or Mid first + quality prospect ( Not A level prospect, but more like B+)

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Bernier - Reimer as a tandem seems pretty good to me

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Fishhead

Right now the Kings needs are depth on defense with Mitchell out for a while. I don't see Bernier moved for a depth guy, however, unless a good draft pick is attached.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Bernier has very little value right now. Sure he has a lot of upside, but that upside isn't taking him anywhere if he's only playing 15 games a season behind Quick. The Kings can't trade him now because they just won't get anything back for him. They need to keep Bernier for the season, give him 25-30 starts and prove he's worth something in the NHL, and then trade him to someone who's looking.
So the Conn Smythe winning goalie and Vezina candidate is only going to play 18-22 games this season so Bernier can prove his worth in the NHL?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:00 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Mid First + established borderline 2nd line winger or Mid first + quality prospect ( Not A level prospect, but more like B+)
From a Leafs perspective I'd offer up (1) Clarke Macarthur and (2) a previous late 1st round prospect like Percy, Biggs or even Finn.

EDIT: with maybe someone coming back the with Bernier.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You didn't really need to go there
Now this is funny

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
With Lindback going for two 2nds and a 3rd I can hardly see Bernier garnering any greater return seeing as he is as unproven as Lindback.
I have said multiple times before that the Lindback trade set the market for Goalies who were always the #2 option. So if Bernier gets the same amount I would say it's fair. That's why I can't believe Dean Lombardi is asking for a 1st round pick if it's true, because Bernier hasn't proved anything in the NHL that he's worth something like that in return.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Do kings need a goalie in return? What would kings need from Oilers.
not really im sure a deal could be worked out without one. Again kings proberly wouldnt trade with edmonton due to them being in the west and not wanting to playing against him 6 times a year. Now for me mps omark 1st would be close.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:27 PM
KingCanadain1976

ok in general terms the kings are asking a young top six winger and a frist. The kings have no need for center propects we have enuff for the seeable future.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but I don't care!

This is just the old switch and bait for Luongo!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:05 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
ok in general terms the kings are asking a young top six winger and a frist. The kings have no need for center propects we have enuff for the seeable future.
I'm a Kings fan and if Lombardi was expecting a young top six winger and a first for JB, I'd ask to have a double of whatever he's drinking.

Let's be real here. Bernier's a good, young goalie but at the end of the day, a mostly unproven one. I'd expect a similar return as some of the other young, promising backups got. Maybe a few good draft picks (2nd/3rd rd), or a mid level prospect and a draft pick (2nd/3rd rd).

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:15 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'm a Kings fan and if Lombardi was expecting a young top six winger and a first for JB, I'd ask to have a double of whatever he's drinking.

Let's be real here. Bernier's a good, young goalie but at the end of the day, a mostly unproven one. I'd expect a similar return as some of the other young, promising backups got. Maybe a few good draft picks (2nd/3rd rd), or a mid level prospect and a draft pick (2nd/3rd rd).
Again he doesn't have to trade him. Deans already stated hes fine with him being a backup to quick. He will be getting into more games due to the scheduling of back to back games. Quick will need time off. A good backup goalie will proberly determine how high u will be in the standings. Again he was already offered a 1st and brent connelly at the deadline which he turned down due to quick not being signed long term. So lets be real why would he settle for less now. Leaf fans need to realize your not getting him for less then a frist and prospect. If they don't like that look else where. Think about it from a kings point of view you spend alot of time developing him right. He was suposed to be the future goalie of the team then quick comes out of no where plays lights out and takes it away from him. You not going to give him away for less then his value,

Old
01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
damacles1156

Lombardi will get the first he is demanding, or he will simply keep Johnny B.

Teams can offer sheet him next year, but if your not willing to give a first, I doubt teams would offer sheet him for a ridiculous salary.

The Kings will just simply match it.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:47 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Again he doesn't have to trade him. Deans already stated hes fine with him being a backup to quick. He will be getting into more games due to the scheduling of back to back games. Quick will need time off. A good backup goalie will proberly determine how high u will be in the standings. Again he was already offered a 1st and brent connelly at the deadline which he turned down due to quick not being signed long term. So lets be real why would he settle for less now. Leaf fans need to realize your not getting him for less then a frist and prospect. If they don't like that look else where. Think about it from a kings point of view you spend alot of time developing him right. He was suposed to be the future goalie of the team then quick comes out of no where plays lights out and takes it away from him. You not going to give him away for less then his value,
I realize that DL doesn't have to trade Bernier, and as it stands he's more valuable than ever to LA due to the shortened schedule and Quicks recent back injury. However, do you really think that a GM covets Bernier that much as to offer a young top six winger AND a first round pick?

It's interesting that you bring up Tampa Bay. McKenzie reported that Yzerman was interested, but other than rumor mongers and hacks who merely suggested a possible return, I saw no credible reports that DL was offered Connolly AND a first. You can't use that as a measuring stick.

LA put a lot of time and resources into developing Thomas Hickey. Look how that turned out.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Reimer > Bernier.

/thread.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote