HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos

Old
01-15-2013, 02:25 PM
bigd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Can't leave Engo off the ice for bort. Engo is proven. I want that guy on the ice. I give Martin some time to show us his new style and if it doesn't work, trade him. He does have worth to plenty of teams. Then I bring up our youngsters.
That's one reason i'd rather see Despres go down for now and see Bortuzzo and Strait alternate in that 6-7 spot. I'm sure it won't be long before someone is hurt and we need to call him up.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

What do you guys think it would take to snag Corey Perry if he's made available? Something similar to the Hossa trade?

TK, Tangradi, Pouliot + a pick? More?

If Bennett proves worthy of a spot, our forward group would be disgustingly deep if that trade went through:

Bennett-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Jeffrey-Vitale/Adams

We give up a lot of value, but looking at our roster and prospect pool we can afford it now more than we even could with the Hossa trade. What say yinz?

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
What do you guys think it would take to snag Corey Perry if he's made available? Something similar to the Hossa trade?

If Bennett proves worthy of a spot, our forward group would be disgustingly deep if that trade went through:

Bennett-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

We give up a lot of value, but looking at our roster and prospect pool we can afford it now more than we even could with the Hossa trade. What say yinz?
IMO, it will take more than that to land Perry, even on April 3 as a pure rental.

Also, if we somehow re-sign (or sign on July 5) Perry, we likely won't be able to afford Cooke and Dupuis. Which is fine with me.

Now that we have a new (right-handed) third-line C, we can find players that cater to his game. Jeffrey would be a natural fit on his line, and we could plug the 3RW role with any number of UFA possibilities.

But I'd LOVE Corey Perry, there's no doubting that.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
IMO, it will take more than that to land Perry, even on April 3 as a pure rental.

Also, if we somehow re-sign (or sign on July 5) Perry, we likely won't be able to afford Cooke and Dupuis. Which is fine with me.

Now that we have a new (right-handed) third-line C, we can find players that cater to his game. Jeffrey would be a natural fit on his line, and we could plug the 3RW role with any number of UFA possibilities.

But I'd LOVE Corey Perry, there's no doubting that.
Probably, considering Don Waddell isn't their General Manager.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Hottubber

I think that most people would agree that Parise and Perry are the 2 of the top ideal wingers for Crosby. I just love Perry's grit and ability to get under guys skin

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post

Bennett-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

I would do that deal in a split second, but that "package" will not get you Perry.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:37 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
I would do that deal in a split second, but that "package" will not get you Perry.
I don't think they would be too interested in Derrick Pouliot, they already have an OFD which is Cam Fowler.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
if the likes of TK, Tangradi, Martin, Jeffery and Strait are at the center of our proposal, you probably aren't going to get a stud winger in return. maybe in real life, but defiantly not on HFboards.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
That's one reason i'd rather see Despres go down for now and see Bortuzzo and Strait alternate in that 6-7 spot. I'm sure it won't be long before someone is hurt and we need to call him up.
Yeah.. it sort of has that Letang/Gogo vibe doesn't it? Letang/Gogo were more than ready but eligible to play down and it worked that way. I'm okay with Bort/Strait getting that spot on occasion as we have so many games so quickly. A night off here and there would be beautiful for this team.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:06 PM
theicebox
#MonixWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
if the likes of TK, Tangradi, Martin, Jeffery and Strait are at the center of our proposal, you probably aren't going to get a stud winger in return. maybe in real life, but defiantly not on HFboards.
For Perry, what if we sold the defensive farm. (i.e. Pouliout + Morrow + Maatta)?

theicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:09 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicebox View Post
For Perry, what if we sold the defensive farm. (i.e. Pouliout + Morrow + Maatta)?
Would NEVER do that for a couple months of Perry. Even if he was to sign an extension I don't think I would.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:11 PM
wej20

The more defensive prospects we deal to the same team, the lower their value becomes.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:16 PM
FDBluth

Remember when the Penguins had Hossa? That was weird.

FDBluth is online now   Reply With Quote