HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
  #151
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Oh yeah don't worry about that. I'm fairly certain when Vigneault was a child he was bullied by rookies. Or maybe a rookie ran over his cat. Either way, he hates them.
As a Canucks fan, just curious where you put Corrado on your depth chart for D prospects and signed players thru next year? (Wondering who's in front of him might give a clearer picture if he will be back in Kitchener or not next year)

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
  #152
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
As a Canucks fan, just curious where you put Corrado on your depth chart for D prospects and signed players thru next year? (Wondering who's in front of him might give a clearer picture if he will be back in Kitchener or not next year)
Most people expect him to be with the Wolves (or whoever our AHL affiliate ends up being) next year, with NHL time not out of the question.

PRNuck is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 04:36 PM
  #153
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
I've been critical of Spott the GM on here for a while now, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

The Rangers, once everyone is back and healthy, have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the western conference. Thanks to Spott, the moves he made put us in this position. When you consider he made these improvements, without decimating next year's team, he really deserves a pat on the back!!

Next year looks not so bad provided everyone returns from NHL camps:

93-Thomson - 94-Faka - 94-Marcantoni
95-Pederson - 95-Sterk - 95-Bailey
96-Llewellyn - 94-Meighan - 93-Ming
96-Learn - 96-MacInnis - 97-1st rounder

93-Fanelli - 94-McEneny
94-Iafrate - 95-Gilbert
95-Stewart - 96-Import player
97- 2nd rounder

95-Moylan


- I figure we'll start the season with Thomson, Ming, and Fanelli as OA's. It would be a coup if any of the other '93's from this year's roster is returned for an OA season.
- I'm assuming MacInnis reports.
- Spott has already said he"ll address goaltending in the off season. Personally, I'd start with Moylan at #1 and if we need an upgrade, pick up someone after the season starts.
- This is very unlikely, but Jacob Trouba has said he's only going to school for one year. If he signs with the Jets, and if he doesnt make the big team, he could be sent here (he can go to the AHL though so as I said, unlikely)

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
  #154
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,117
vCash: 500
I think Kitchener will get a better import player than a 6th defensemen.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
  #155
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Our track record for imports has been pretty good. I would think you see a import forward on the top 2 lines or a top 4 D import.

Also get the feeling Blasby should be in the lineup next year as well, be it the 3rd or 4th line. I see the off season Spott doing some work and re-couping some picks so our projected lineup for next year should be somewhat different.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
  #156
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I think Kitchener will get a better import player than a 6th defensemen.

I do too. I just added him after I typed in everyone currently on the roster. I feel the same about MacInnis as well. I expect him to come in as advanced, if you will, as Bailey was when he came in this year. Meaning he'll likely be ahead of next year's 16 year olds.

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
  #157
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Our track record for imports has been pretty good. I would think you see a import forward on the top 2 lines or a top 4 D import.

Also get the feeling Blasby should be in the lineup next year as well, be it the 3rd or 4th line. I see the off season Spott doing some work and re-couping some picks so our projected lineup for next year should be somewhat different.

If I'm Spott, I hold off on recouping picks by moving a bunch of players until we see "who we are" next year.

I'd go with what I posted above for the 1st couple of months because if a few of the following happen, we may just be in the same boat Guelph is in this year:

- get a very good import pick
- draft a more "game ready" 1st rounder than we've had the last couple of years
- MacInnis reports and comes as advertised
- Trouba reports
- solid net minding from Moylan and company
- forward Jake Evans reports


If that is the case, we'd have a chance at going a round or two in the post season.

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
  #158
mikester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: stratford
Country: Canada
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Hope Spott gives Moylan a chance to play,all hes done this year is ride the pine

mikester is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:17 AM
  #159
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
If I'm Spott, I hold off on recouping picks by moving a bunch of players until we see "who we are" next year.

I'd go with what I posted above for the 1st couple of months because if a few of the following happen, we may just be in the same boat Guelph is in this year:

- get a very good import pick
- draft a more "game ready" 1st rounder than we've had the last couple of years
- MacInnis reports and comes as advertised
- Trouba reports
- solid net minding from Moylan and company
- forward Jake Evans reports


If that is the case, we'd have a chance at going a round or two in the post season.
I would make some changes.....it looks like our coaches dont have confidence in Max, and I dont see them using him in a top 4. I see him being moved. I could see Ming or Meighan being moved as well. And if Macinnis is reporting I could see Bailey centreing the 2nd line and Macinnis centreing 3rd so possibly Sterk moved too. 3 players moved for picks, not 2nds but a few picks.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:19 AM
  #160
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
Hope Spott gives Moylan a chance to play,all hes done this year is ride the pine
Not saying he doesnt deserve the shot but Moylan got rocked againdt Listowel playing for the Dutchies. Let in 8.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
  #161
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
If I'm Spott, I hold off on recouping picks by moving a bunch of players until we see "who we are" next year.

I'd go with what I posted above for the 1st couple of months because if a few of the following happen, we may just be in the same boat Guelph is in this year:

<SNIP>

If that is the case, we'd have a chance at going a round or two in the post season.
The one thing about next year is that OHL is hosting the Memorial Cup and the cost of buying is almost double other years. If Spott wants to sell, next year is the year to do it!

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
  #162
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,876
vCash: 500
Kitchener Rangers ‏@OHLRangers (Twitter)

Quote:
Update from Coach Spott: Rangers C Radek Faksa returning from the #NHL Dallas Stars tonight, expected to play Friday vs. Brampton.
One back, three to go.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
  #163
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Josh Brown also reporting that Matt Puempel will return to the lineup on Friday night.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  #164
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Josh Brown also reporting that Matt Puempel will return to the lineup on Friday night.
When all the forwards get back...who's going to sit?
IMHO Darby Llwellyn has earned a regular shift and looking at the roster does it mean that Alberga and Marcantuoni sits?
The other candidates would be Meighan or Ming and as far as I'm concerned they deserve to play before Alberga and MM.

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
  #165
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
When all the forwards get back...who's going to sit?
IMHO Darby Llwellyn has earned a regular shift and looking at the roster does it mean that Alberga and Marcantuoni sits?
The other candidates would be Meighan or Ming and as far as I'm concerned they deserve to play before Alberga and MM.

I agree with you 100%. In order of who should sit first, this is how I'd do it:

Alberga
Marcantuoni
Meighan
Ming
Sterk
Llewellyn

My point is, Darby definitely should play. He has out-played anyone above his name on that list this year AND he's 16, so it's more important for his development.

But as the games get tougher and more important, I expect Spott to fall back into the trap siding with veteran experience.

Tim Wallach is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
  #166
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Josh Brown also reporting that Matt Puempel will return to the lineup on Friday night.

and now Gibson has been sent back!

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:50 AM
  #167
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I agree with you 100%. In order of who should sit first, this is how I'd do it:

Alberga
Marcantuoni
Meighan
Ming
Sterk
Llewellyn

My point is, Darby definitely should play. He has out-played anyone above his name on that list this year AND he's 16, so it's more important for his development.

But as the games get tougher and more important, I expect Spott to fall back into the trap siding with veteran experience.


If we are going to get the two scratches from the 6 players you've listed, then here are their point totals over the four games following the trades:

Sterk - 6 pts
Ming - 5 pts
Meighan - 4 pts
Llewellyn - 2 pts
Alberga - 1 pt
Marcantuoni - 0 pts

Spott says it's important to get balanced scoring across the 4 lines so with that in mind, we can't take Meighan, Ming, or Sterk out of the lineup considering their output. Also, we have to scratch Marcantuoni because he hasn't been producing - and that's after playing with top six forwards. That takes us down to a decision between Alberga and Llewellyn.

As a veteran, Alberga is more poised defensively and is therefore valuable in that role vs the other team's top lines and on the PK. But Llewellyn has played mostly with Meighan and Bailey on the 4th line and taking him out of the lineup in favor of Alberga may be a mistake since that line has been hot lately. (Bailey has 5 points in the past four games)

Scratching Alberga and MM sends the message that Spott is willing to scratch anyone - even veterans, if they aren't performing as they should. Therefore, here are my lines for Friday night;

Puempel - Faksa - Shoenmakers
Leivo - Rieder - Thomson
Pederson - Sterk - Ming
Llewellyn - Meighan - Bailey


Hopefully, Puempel and Faksa find some chemistry together. Shoenmakers provides the grit/muscle.

Leivo and Rieder played well together lately. Rieder gets a shot at center. Thomson rides shotgun on the right side.

Those 3rd and 4th lines have played well together lately. Leave them alone!!

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 09:44 AM
  #168
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
and now Gibson has been sent back!
Now if at least one of our two defensemen would come back, all will be well in Rangerland!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 01:45 PM
  #169
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Question:
When was the last time that the Rangers actually iced a full team (healthy and all underagers on team)?
Has it been 3 years?

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 05:08 PM
  #170
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Now if at least one of our two defensemen would come back, all will be well in Rangerland!
Ask and you receive, as per Rangers twitter Corrado being return and is expected in lineup Friday.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:39 AM
  #171
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
@frankcorrado22
Headed back to Kitchener, great experience at camp, learned a lot from some great players.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
  #172
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
as per Bob Mackenzie, Murphy is being sent back today as well. All 4 NHL invitees returned.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 12:44 AM
  #173
ohlnhockeynut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
as per Bob Mackenzie, Murphy is being sent back today as well. All 4 NHL invitees returned.
sure will help out; take down london kitch!!!

ohlnhockeynut is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  #174
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,117
vCash: 500
Why does it seem like every time Kitchener goes on a northern roadtrip they seem to get screwed by the refs. Marcantouni get's tripped up on a breakaway and he gets called for goaltender interference when he crashes into the net, Sudbury player gets barely touched a breakaway and gets a penalty shot.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:42 AM
  #175
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
I'm starting to get very frustrated with Spott's bench management. There is zero accountability when some vets know they'll get their ice time, regardless. And the flip side is how are the kids supposed to feel when they play great night in, night out in limited minutes and then get scratched?

My point is, I'm not sure you could have a less effective player than Alberga - and to see him play ahead of Llewellyn routinely is mind-boggling.

Tim Wallach is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.