HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

continue at your own peril.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
01-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Nick0930

vCash: 500
Is that Warwick Davis riding on a gondola with Andre Agassi?

Last edited by Nick0930: 01-15-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

So I was all ready to be on a 4 week jury when judge thought it be hardship on me when I said no. First one called after they excuse a juror. LOL I predicted it all at work yesterday but came up short.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Cowbell232

Semak is just jaded by living in Japan-land. The girls over are there are crazy.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Is that Warwick Davis riding on a gondola with Andre Agassi?
close...

Old
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES
I got called right after getting sworn in. Its better then sitting downstairs I say. LOL Always wanted to go to jury duty just didn't want to have to wait in that room downstairs.
Not sure what county you're in (mine was Essex), but I had the same deal. Was called for the first case after being sworn in. Difference in my situation was that it was about an hour after the swearing in that they called for that first case. Then sitting in the court room for most of an hour filling out a questionnaire. I got dismissed from the case really quick after lunch and that still took almost the entire day. Got to come back for Day 2 to literally the exact same scenario of 'get called, wait, lunch, get dismissed, wonder where the day went.' Its glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias
Talked to the Devils HR this morning asking if the ice crew job was doable with a full-time job. They said as long as I can make it to the arena by 6pm, I would be fine. Having an interview with them today at 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias
They didn't mention how much they pay, I assume they'll discuss it in the interview.
I know people that did it for both the Devils and the Rangers. I can't remember exactly what the pay rate is, but its a flat amount per game. I want to say between $50 and $100. Rangers were $100 I believe and the Devils were a little less. Just not sure if it was as low as $50 or not. I didn't work anywhere near the ice crew people when I interned in the building, and wasn't any closer with them other than casual acquaintances in college, so I really didn't find out TOO much on specifics/really can't get in touch with those guys to find out any more info. But hopefully that little bit helps a little.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

OFS and Cowbell may like this more than most...

*Audio NSFW*

Old
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

OFS and Cowbell may like this more than most...

*Audio NSFW*
That poor little guy!

Old
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Sorry if posted before.

Vaxjo, FP and Rob will love this.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I know people that did it for both the Devils and the Rangers. I can't remember exactly what the pay rate is, but its a flat amount per game. I want to say between $50 and $100. Rangers were $100 I believe and the Devils were a little less. Just not sure if it was as low as $50 or not. I didn't work anywhere near the ice crew people when I interned in the building, and wasn't any closer with them other than casual acquaintances in college, so I really didn't find out TOO much on specifics/really can't get in touch with those guys to find out any more info. But hopefully that little bit helps a little.
Had the interview a couple of hours ago. I don't think I can do it. HR said in an e-mail I only had to be at the arena at 6 whereas the guy I interviewed with said I had to be there by 530, which I can't do since I get out of work at 5. Pay is $50/game (would only get paid 15th of every month) and would not even work every game. Also told me that after the first round of interviews he'll call people back to see how they skate, as they need really fast skaters to clean the ice in between breaks. Too bad, would have been a real cool experience. Devils front office is pretty nice though.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
That's the breaks little man...break it down!

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a boner in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Old
01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Sorry if posted before.

Vaxjo, FP and Rob will love this.
Swedes, reporting news like a BOSS..

Old
01-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Had the interview a couple of hours ago. I don't think I can do it. HR said in an e-mail I only had to be at the arena at 6 whereas the guy I interviewed with said I had to be there by 530, which I can't do since I get out of work at 5. Pay is $50/game (would only get paid 15th of every month) and would not even work every game. Also told me that after the first round of interviews he'll call people back to see how they skate, as they need really fast skaters to clean the ice in between breaks. Too bad, would have been a real cool experience. Devils front office is pretty nice though.
Had a feeling it was still $50. Just didn't want to discourage you in case you saw my comment before the interview and was hoping for more. Sounds about right though for the rest of it.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Nick0930

Filling out a hockey pool...Bergeron or Jordan Staal?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Filling out a hockey pool...Bergeron or Jordan Staal?
No idea what that is, but Bergeron and it`s not even a question.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:38 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I went to a party of a friend by myself a few days ago. I went at 10pm, got stoned and had some vodka beforehand, and walked in to find some mates to play FIFA. Got myself a seat, very nice, enjoying the game and had some frozen coke with rum. We decided to start a tournament with the mates.

Five minutes into the first game, a large group of teenage girls walk in and sit down directly behind me. They were loud as **** and giggling and whatnot the whole time, and during the match, I distinctly heard one of them whisper "what a ****ing dork" followed by giggling. Pretty sure they made fun of me some more, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said over the match. I was pissed, but my shy ass couldn't bear to confront them. So I sat with it, feeling that it was better to give off an air of "I don't give a **** and/or I don't even hear you" than risk something worse.

Part way through, I had to piss like a beast from the frozen coke with rum. I felt that if I got up and took a piss, then came back and sat down elsewhere, it would reek of cowardice -- or if I came back and sat back right in front of the girls, it would be somehow ridiculous plus they would see my fat, nerdy visage as I returned and walked down the hallway. So I decided to finish the game.

By the time it was nearly the end of the tournament we had, I had to piss so ****ing bad I was in pain. I knew that if I got up and pissed, I would miss the end and it would look like I walked out in cowardice, a coward, having never confronted them. Long story short, since I'm probably approaching the character limit now, I ended up pissing my pants right there playing FIFA. I don't know if the girls noticed, but I walked away from the party with blatant piss stains covering my jeans, probably reeking like an outhouse, getting various looks. Walked back to my car, got back in, lit a cig, started her up, and ****ing cried for miles.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I went to a party of a friend by myself a few days ago. I went at 10pm, got stoned and had some vodka beforehand, and walked in to find some mates to play FIFA. Got myself a seat, very nice, enjoying the game and had some frozen coke with rum. We decided to start a tournament with the mates.

Five minutes into the first game, a large group of teenage girls walk in and sit down directly behind me. They were loud as **** and giggling and whatnot the whole time, and during the match, I distinctly heard one of them whisper "what a ****ing dork" followed by giggling. Pretty sure they made fun of me some more, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said over the match. I was pissed, but my shy ass couldn't bear to confront them. So I sat with it, feeling that it was better to give off an air of "I don't give a **** and/or I don't even hear you" than risk something worse.

Part way through, I had to piss like a beast from the frozen coke with rum. I felt that if I got up and took a piss, then came back and sat down elsewhere, it would reek of cowardice -- or if I came back and sat back right in front of the girls, it would be somehow ridiculous plus they would see my fat, nerdy visage as I returned and walked down the hallway. So I decided to finish the game.

By the time it was nearly the end of the tournament we had, I had to piss so ****ing bad I was in pain. I knew that if I got up and pissed, I would miss the end and it would look like I walked out in cowardice, a coward, having never confronted them. Long story short, since I'm probably approaching the character limit now, I ended up pissing my pants right there playing FIFA. I don't know if the girls noticed, but I walked away from the party with blatant piss stains covering my jeans, probably reeking like an outhouse, getting various looks. Walked back to my car, got back in, lit a cig, started her up, and ****ing cried for miles.
Best story.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:

Are you serious?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Nick0930

What the fffhuh?

Old
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

LOL I would have been more embarrassed pissing myself then going to the bathroom, and then coming back and sitting elsewhere.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:17 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

mmmm....Pizza

Old
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

This was too hilarious to put in the NFL thread.

The guy who does these is amazing.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Semak is just jaded by living in Japan-land. The girls over are there are crazy.
Girls everywhere are crazy.

Quote:

For real, or just copypasta?

Old
01-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW
Ginger girls perk my ale up.
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Old