HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
With their center and win situation...plus the fact that Kulemin had a pretty crappy year, they would do it in a heartbeat...makes no sense for the Habs unless we are getting their 1st, JVR or Gardiner in the deal.
It's about time that some of the posters here start giving Habs players their due instead of slamming every Hab mentioned in possible trades.Why is it that the center for the Habs top line isn't worth any one of the Leafs centers?Really people either start watching the Habs games or don't post silly comments that Leaf fans can chuckle at like they are knowledgeable.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It's about time that some of the posters here start giving Habs players their due instead of slamming every Hab mentioned in possible trades.Why is it that the center for the Habs top line isn't worth any one of the Leafs centers?Really people either start watching the Habs games or don't post silly comments that Leaf fans can chuckle at like they are knowledgeable.
I doubt Desharnais has much trade value around the league.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Its not a trade per se, but some GM should be looking at a blitz of offersheets on the Ranger's RFAs right now and this summer. They've got a minimal amount of space to sign all 4 of McDonagh, Del Zotto, Hagelin and Stepan. Somebody could offer McDonagh about 5 million and Stepan 3 and Sather might not be in a position to match both without ditching a Callahan or Girardi or Staal for cap.

Heck just 5M for McDonagh might force Sather's to either give him up or do something else bad for his lineup.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I doubt Desharnais has much trade value around the league.
When guys like Gomez and Briere get 50 mil contracts, guys like Desharnais have real good value around the NHL.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
When guys like Gomez and Briere get 50 mil contracts, guys like Desharnais have real good value around the NHL.
They get those contracts back when they were perceived as 1st line centers. Gomez had had multiple 70 point seasons for example.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
AmeriHab

Emelin + Cole + 2nd for Yakupov? Thoughts?

Old
01-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post

If Edm does that, I will drive 2nd to the airport.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:31 AM
AmeriHab

Looking at it, nvm, it's a terrible deal for edm. I was trying to see a way to get yak and Gally together, and not give up PK, patches or our 1st

Old
01-12-2013, 09:40 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Looking at it, nvm, it's a terrible deal for edm. I was trying to see a way to get yak and Gally together, and not give up PK, patches or our 1st
We don't need to play Yakupov with Gally, that was some draft fantasy. Galchenyuk will make whoever he plays with a whole lot better. The same couldn't be said of Yak, looking at the WJC.

Last edited by vokiel: 01-13-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: s/hole/whole/
Old
01-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
They get those contracts back when they were perceived as 1st line centers. Gomez had had multiple 70 point seasons for example.
He was 23 in points among centers, that would make him a low end #1 or high end #2.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:51 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Edmonton laughs at that one. Plus Cole has NTC.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:30 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Edmonton laughs at that one. Plus Cole has NTC.
I'm thinking if the Habs are tanking for the season,then the trade is a great deal for Edmonton.If the Habs are out to win the SC then the deal stinks,if the Habs think that Yakupov is better than Alexandre Daigle they are dead wrong.Cole would be an over payment and Yaks is all flak with no bite,Emelin is probably a better forward than Yak is a defenceman and a Montreal 2nd with Timmins drafting is a huge overpayment.But if Edmonton wants to trade Taylor Hall for the same players then Marc Bergevin will probably do so with the provision Edmonton throws in their 1st round pick for 2013.As Edmonton will be in the playoffs and stand a good chance of making the Finals if they sign a good goalie,while Montreal may end up with the 1st overall,it's only fitting the Habs get a little spillover from the draft picks.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:07 AM
sharks9

Quote:
He needs to repeat it once to show it's not a fluke. A 35+ point season would show people that he can be a first line center?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:36 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
We don't need to play Yakupov with Gally, that was some draft fantasy. Galchenyuk will make whoever he plays with a hole lot better. The same couldn't be said of Yak, looking at the WJC.
I don't mean to correct you but that was funny. It's a "whole" as in a whole person. Not "hole" has in he has a hole in his head.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:02 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I don't mean to correct you but that was funny. It's a "whole" as in a whole person. Not "hole" has in he has a hole in his head.
it's a typo

Old
01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
FF de Mars

Just an idea. I'm not so sure about it but for the sake of the discussion. What about a deal around PK Subban for Ryan Kesler ? Vancouver needs a top pairing Dman. We get bigger. Kesler is versatile, is a two way offensive player, is tough and big, scored 40 goals once... but... how long is his contract ? Was that 40 goals season a fluke ? Would we be overpaying ? Would Vancouver would need to ante up ? And then, what would we do with Plekanec. I was just thinking about trade ideas, not so sure about that one, but I'm interested to see what you guys think.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Just an idea. I'm not so sure about it but for the sake of the discussion. What about a deal around PK Subban for Ryan Kesler ? Vancouver needs a top pairing Dman. We get bigger. Kesler is versatile, is a two way offensive player, is tough and big, scored 40 goals once... but... how long is his contract ? Was that 40 goals season a fluke ? Would we be overpaying ? Would Vancouver would need to ante up ? And then, what would we do with Plekanec. I was just thinking about trade ideas, not so sure about that one, but I'm interested to see what you guys think.
That would be a horrible trade for the Habs. Big loss in value plus getting an older player with high mileage on him. Not even in the ballpark.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:00 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
That would be a horrible trade for the Habs. Big loss in value plus getting an older player with high mileage on him. Not even in the ballpark.
Yeah that's what I thought. Anyhow, I have a feeling teams will be calling Bergevin to talk about PK. I know Bergevin said he wasn't trading him, but he also said that he's always willing to listen, that he would make trades, if it improved the team. If Tinordi impresses, since we have many PMDs, he might be tempted to package Plekanec and Subban for a 1st line forward.

I hope we retain Subban, I really like him, but all this contract signing delay makes me think that a trade might be possible.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I want to keep Subban but if there is one player out there that would make me rethink my stance, it would be Bobby Ryan...

Old
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Kesler is exactly the player we need to rid us of that whole "diver" stigma.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:10 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I want to keep Subban but if there is one player out there that would make me rethink my stance, it would be Bobby Ryan...
That would be awsome.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Or Jamie Benn

Old
01-16-2013, 12:27 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Or Jamie Benn
Or Evander Kane.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Et le But

Any ideas for getting Kulikov on the cheap?

Old
01-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Any ideas for getting Kulikov on the cheap?
Kidnap Tallon, take comprimising photos and blackmail him. then do the same with Kulikov?

Closed Thread